RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Postby Marquis de Soth » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:27 pm

Are you talking about the Superhero one?
Marquis de Soth

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby darkshark » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:27 pm

Yes. Yes I am.
buh

Postby Marquis de Soth » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:32 pm

I think that it needs to be fleshed out more first.
Marquis de Soth

Postby McDurg » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:48 pm

I would vote for your RP if it is fleshed out as well, Darkshark. I could also try and help you with ideas, and help make more of a back story. I have been wanting to help with the story of another RP ever since WWC:E, and me and Arch were making one until we got behind on it(It was gunna' be kinda like an end of the world thing, with the Horsemen of Apocalypse), so I would be glad to lend a helping hand if you need it.

Postby darkshark » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Well, if you have some ideas, sure. Do you want the full co-GM title, or do you just wanna help?
buh

Postby McDurg » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:03 pm

Whatever you see fit to put me as, is fine with me. PM me your ideas so far, and I will give you some of mine.

Postby Sythe » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:33 am

Water.

Making up more than a half to more than three quarters of the human body, there is arguably no more important item known to man.

Your average human can go for weeks without ingesting any food, eight to ten days without water will leave that average human dead and drying.

In the end, it is worth more than gold.

In the end, it is worth more than land.

In the end, it is worth more than oil.

It is not so surprising that we got greedy.

August 5th, 2061 C. E. Amidst a rapidly dwindling fresh water supply and one of the most severe droughts ever recorded, the Toshiba-Morrison corporation unveiled the first of it’s MerSup plants in Atlantic City, New Jersey.

A behemoth of shining steel and recycled plastic, the huge building was perched upon the edge of the formerly defunct, but then refurbished and expanded, Steel pier. More of a giant, factory shaped robot, the fully automated MerSup was designed to draw water from the ocean via giant pipes set far out by ship, then desalinise said water in a process that was quicker and more efficient, which the Toshiba-Morrison corporation would then sell for a modest fee. The MerSup was designed to do this, and it did it, it did it well.

Before the year was up, Toshiba-Morrison had twenty more plants commissioned, countries around the world virtually begging the corporation to build on their land. Sales rocketed, and it seemed that T-M would be at the top of the corporate world for some time to come, which it was. Like it has been said more than once however, there is only one place you can go from the top, and the T-M corp began its downwards fall at the hands of the TymeBar corp. A British-based corporation, TymeBar’s corporate spies were the first to successfully copy Toshiba-Morrison’s coveted MerSup plans. Unlike T-M, whose brass thought only to get patents for the entirety of the MerSup machine, TymeBar instead garnered patents for certain key pieces of the assembly, and then threw the plans to the open market.

Soon, Toshiba-Morrison was forced into bankruptcy, and TymeBar was the new poster child for corporate success. More importantly, the next few years would see the coasts and shores of every country lucky enough to be on the sea covered in MerSup knock-offs, their giant intake tunnels sucking deep into the vast blue ocean. Once again humanity, who up until that point had been shamed by their misuse of such a precious commodity, and driven by fear of water running out into nation-wide rationing-plans, once more fell into wastrel ways. The demand for water exploded, and so did the production output of the desalinization plants.

If would not be fair to those that lived in this time to say that they sucked the oceans dry. In truth, by the time our short-sightedness caught up with us in full, the MerSups and their clones had been shut down for decades. It was around 2090 that the nations of the world finally took notice of the dropping sea levels. Less then a foot had been lost of the sea’s level, and it was believed that, with careful consideration, this level could easily be maintained, what with the vast amount of water still left. What wasn’t realized though, was that the water tables of the world were a delicate balance to begin with, and that a drop of a few inches had already tipped the scales too far. Over the next few decades, the human race could only look on in horror as the oceans continue to shrink, and shrink.

It’s believed that the first of the water-wars began around the turn of the 32nd century. As the oceans had receded, the human population expanded outwards, leaving the centres of the continents largely empty as they followed the disappearing tides. Eventually, once the water levels disappeared past the coastal shelves, humanity realised that lives was not going to get better from here. Digging into the newly revealed cliffs, these new settlements began to desalinize and store as much water as possible. It would never be enough however, as the more the water disappeared, the faster it disappeared. Desperation was the call of the day, and in this desperation, the first of the raiding parties went out. Equipped with the best and latest technologies of their dying civilizations, these bands of men and women began with hit and run raids on other water stores, and in doing so presaged war. Like the fools that we are, humanity did not band together in the end, but instead threw itself to the brink of destruction, and had been tentatively hanging on ever since.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The year is now 255 After Sands, or 3455 C. E. by the ancient calendar.

Human civilization has broken down in an archaic shadow of itself, society and technology having regressed back to an odd mix of simpler means and artefacts from the golden ages past.

Water is the ultimate resource, the currency and lifeblood of the Cliff-wall cities. Everyday these settlements send men and women out on salvaged ships powered by this lifeblood or heated salt, either deep into the shifting sandsea to find and plumb hidden oases, or to raid other settlements. These men and women are called by a variety of names, but the most common is World-Enders.

You are one of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's steampunk. Huzzah!

Another midnight-oil inspired RP, hopefully this one gets off the ground.

Like I just said above it’s steampunk, with heavy Victorian timeperiod influences showing up here, there and everywhere. You guys will play the parts of out-of-work World-Enders who’ll get hired onto a ship, you’ll explore the sandsea, and crazy steampunk hijinks will ensue. No kidnappings this time, I swear.

Comments or criticism quite welcome.

Postby Archrival » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:24 am

Wow a steam punk RP for those unfamiliar with the term think Bioshock with little water instead of swimming in the stuff, I like it its fresh original and very intriguing I'm looking forward to seeing a example CS for this. The only question as always with most unfamiliar RPs is the weaponry which will be? BTW+1
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Hana » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:21 am

三國演義: An Epic Revisited

The Romance
In an odd twist on a self-fulfilling prophecy, Zhang Jiao leads a rebellion against the Han Dynasty. Named the Yellow Turban Rebellion, after the colors the dissenters wore, the uprising is quashed by one He Jin. Fearing this general's growing power, the corrupt eunuch faction within the government assassinates him, following the Emperor's death. The child Emperor and his younger brother flee the palace during this turbulent time, only to fall into the hands of Dong Zhuo. Dong Zhuo deposes the new young Emperor and places his even younger brother upon the throne, to better serve as his puppet. Many assassination attempts on Dong Zhuo fail, until finally he is murdered by his own adopted son Lu Bu, ostensibly over the beautiful and charming dancing girl, Diao Chan. This is, of course another (this time successful) attempt to purge the corrupting influence from the Han.

In Dong Zhuo's place rises Cao Cao, but the empire is already descending into civil war. The Sun family has grown tired of the corruption and finds the hidden Imperial Seal, keeping it for themselves and weaking the position of the Han Emperor. Cao Cao, fearing the infighting, takes the young Emperor to Xu Chang to protect him, and proceeds to begin conquering northern China.

With his two oathbrothers at his side, Liu Bei joins forces with Cao Cao to defeat the treacherous Lu Bu. This brings upon Liu Bei the recognition of Emperor Xian, but a treacherous pact to assassinate Cao Cao is uncovered, and Liu Bei is forced to seek shelter with Liu Biao. Liu Bei recruits a number of officers, including the genius Zhuge Liang, and relies on his Imperial cousin's support until Liu Baio's untimely death, whereupon Liu Bei is evicted from Jing Province when Cao Cao receives the province from Liu Cong, its inheritor.

Meanwhile, Sun Ce conquers the southlands in the name of glory and honor, firmly seating his imperial family at Jian Ye, the new capital of the country of Wu. Unfortunately, much like his father, Sun Jian, the Little Conquerer lost his life in his effots, leaving the new empire in the capable hands of his little brother, Sun Quan.

With the formation of Wu, Cao Cao decides to attack the fledgling country, but with the combined intelligence of Zhou Yu and Zhuge Liang, Cao Cao's army met with firey defeat at the battle of Chi Bi (Red Cliffs). With Cao Cao's retreat, Liu Bei seizes the opportunity to capture the lands of Yi, creating a home for his own faction. Tensions rise between Liu Bei and Sun Quan because of the Zhou Yu's greed and desire for Jing province, only part of which is under Liu Bei's rule. Zhou Yu presents a number of tests to Liu Bei's right-hand man, Zhuge Liang. Zhuge Liang, the genius that he is, manages to continually outwit Zhou Yu, eventually causing him death by frustration and anger.

When Cao Cao becomes King of Wei, and begins planning his invasion of Wu.

It now late in the year of 216, and the three kindoms continue to war upon each other, each with their own goals. This is where our story begins.

The Three Kingdoms
Wei: Led by Cao Cao, the goal of this faction was originally to protect the Han dynasty. Now, this faction is beset with ambition. Sima Yi secretly seeks to overthrow the Cao family and set up his own new Dynasty to rule over all of China. Wei is the largest of the factions, consisting of the central plains and northern provinces, and boasts a "million man army." They are arguably the strongest faction, and historically, they are the triumphant of the three Empires.

Wu: Sun Ce conquered the southlands for this honor-bound faction, but upon his death, his younger brother Sun Quan became the head of state. Sun Quan is an intelligent man and an impeccable judge of character, surrounding himself with trusted men, making Wu a strong force in this era. Wu has plentiful resources, geological advantages for defense, and unmatched archers. In addition, Wu is home to many of the great schools of learning, and thereby hosts many of the most intelligent political minds of the time.

Shu: Liu Bei, an imperial uncle to the Han Emperor, leads the Shu faction. An honorable man, he holds his oaths above all, especially his oath to his two adoptive brothers, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei. He is a benevolent ruler, with the genius strategist Zhuge Liang at his side. The Shu faction is made up of a number of strong generals and unparalleled horsemen.

Revisiting the Epic
Because of the nature of this game, each player will be required to create three characters, one from each faction, that will be played simultaneously. Pains will be taken so that no player has to fight against his or her own characters, but splitting players between the factions would lower the character interaction level.

Certain historical events may or may not take place, depending on the actions of the characters in the story, so please do not be upset if your favorite historical event is averted or your favorite historical character dies.

This is not Dynasty Warriors. Your characters will not have Musou attacks. You will be expected to be true to the period and respect the story, though some small elements of fantastical nature will be allowed, along the lines of a wuxia story. Battles will be cinematic in nature, but godmoding will most certainly not be allowed.

This is a story of politics, clashing cultures, and conquering armies that takes place in ancient China. Traditional Chinese garb is a must. All females wishing to be officers must take the guise of a man. Females in a Ministerial position must be extraordinarily exceptional. Sorry, guys, but China was kinda sexist.

The Character Sheet
Name: (Please include a meaning, if you have one.)
Styled Name: (This is optional)
Sex:
Position: (Minister, Officer, or Courtesan)
Faction:
Appearance: (You may supply a picture, but must ALSO write a description.)
Personality:
Prefferred Weapon: (if any)
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Cascade » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 am

It should be fun. +1
FUKKATSU

Postby Archrival » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:32 am

OMG Dynasty warriors!! +1!
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:32 am

Oh, you know I'm all for this.

+1 Shiro Vote!
Demon of Elru

Postby LostD » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:57 am

*Rubs stubble beard*

Though still skeptical, I think I'll join the band wagon on this. Besides, I usually wrong about most things that I think could go wrong. Though my money says some other guy/gal would gladly give you it anyway, I happily give you your fourth vote...

+1 To Hana.

Let 'em rip, girl!

Postby Relick » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:24 pm

I'll give it a vote, though I'm a little worried about my lack of knowledge of Chinese culture and history. Not really my historical strongpoint. ^_^;

Postby Glacier » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:28 pm

+1 Hana RoTK!!!

QQ: what's the death clause with this, we gonna be slowly dieing at the first sign of injury, or is one character enough for this RP?

Postby Deena » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:30 pm

+1 to Hana. Yay for Romance of the Three Kingdoms!<3

Postby dojin » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:50 pm

I wanna make an arena type topic were eanyone can join can i get some oppinion on this please.

btw romance of the 3 kingdoms is actualy allreddy a game but has a different name.
Last edited by dojin on Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Hana » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:56 pm

I'll start the setup for the thread shortly, and start taking questions and doing research for costuming basis and culture stuffs and whatnot. ^_^
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Mathias » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:56 pm

dojin wrote:I wanna make an arena type topic were eanyone can join can i get some oppinion on this please.

Sorry, guy. You'll have to join an existing rp before you can do this.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dojin » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:09 pm

uhm how do i go about doing that then

Postby Archrival » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:11 pm

Me wrote:
dojin wrote:I wanna make an arena type topic were eanyone can join can i get some oppinion on this please.

btw romance of the 3 kingdoms is actualy allreddy a game but has a different name.
OMG Dynasty warriors!!

^^See we know.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Glacier » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:12 pm

OOC threads that are open are you best bet.

Postby dojin » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:14 pm

Yes but also theres a game called kesen 2 or something like that cant type it and it is an exact copy just a different name and well it is allot like dynasty warriors.

Postby Glacier » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:18 pm

Not the place for this conversation.

Postby dojin » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:20 pm

were is then

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing