Elemental Academy *OOC* Dead. Kaput. Finito. RIP.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Postby Karo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:41 am

Post as Urufu please so that Hisui can join up with him.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Re: Elemental Academy *OOC* Sign Ups Closed!

Postby krimson-Death » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:43 am

zath's left u in null-space eh? lol

Btw, don't kill richard now that he's a wind user...

and if u can, get on aim

Postby Zath » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:47 pm

I kinda forgot about Urufu... can you just have Hisui come running back to where Zathroth is reviving Richard?

Postby Imenak » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:53 pm

This kind of reminds me of DBZ, where any sense of tragedy is completely negated within moments, and you stop caring if anyone actually dies or not.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:29 pm

I'll always remember the moment I realized that. Why won't anyone stay dead?
V The most adorable plushie ever.
Image[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby krimson-Death » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:20 pm

what are u talking about? Richard has to live(theres still something he has to do) and oblivion died, if u want i can kill sheedas =D

lets see if he stays dead.

Postby Imenak » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:47 pm

Nebacanezzar wrote:I'll always remember the moment I realized that. Why won't anyone stay dead?

I think it was that anime staff and maybe even Akira Toriyama running completely out of creativity. I think things would worked out perfectly fine if they didn't believe every saga needed to have the Earth or some other planet explode before the end, and that everyone needed to die in some ridiculously melodramatic manner (I say ridiculously melodramatic because they're going to be brought back anyway, so why the fuck would you mourn?). Honestly, they used the repeated deaths as a creativity crutch, using it to invoke a sense of tragedy or in an attempt to make something dull seem better. The only people who die and stay dead are the villains (until the afterlife became a place you'd regularly see). Death and then revival is fine for a particular character once in awhile, and can be great if done right. Otherwise, it screams Deus Ex Machina, and makes you think "Why bother even killing them off in the first place?" I'm not necessarily saying that's what happened here in EA, but I still couldn't help but draw the similarities. "Oh what a tragedy! Not."

It's just a good-natured jab. Don't think too much on what I say.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:09 pm

Never do.

I don't think Zath even looked at my new character... I should feel insulted but for some reason I'm not.
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby Zath » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:25 pm

I never saw you post a new character sheet.

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:28 pm

Nebacanezzar wrote:True, but never underestemate the power of knowledge.

One more thing! *Wacks Zath with two fingers* Here is my character. I added a history to explain some things.

Name: Raphael Kireto

Codename:

Appearance: Raphael is very muscular. I mean, more so than you would think. Not Hulk big, but paint him green and he could be close to the real thing. He weighs about 260 pounds, mainly muscle, and he knows it. He has short, black hair and cobalt eyes. He has no scars or mars on his skin that is visible, aside from one that is very close to his eyes and looks like someone was trying to cut his eye out. His frown can be very scary, and rightly so cause that is what he is going for.

Weapon of Choice: His fists. Sometimes he will wrap his hands in medical tape and then douse them in freezing water, making his opponents think he is hitting them with cement blocks. Lately, however, he has taken to wearing special gloves used by precision carpenters, where the first two fingers, along with the thumb, are cut off at the top to allow the carpenter to feel what he is doing. He will still sometimes wear the tape under the gloves, but that is beside the point.

Personality: Raphael seems to be a common case of an anti social teen. That is nowhere close to the real thing. Raphael is not anti-social; he just doesn’t make friends with people. He prefers to keep others away from himself for his own safety. Only those who you hold close to your heart can betray you, that is something he learned the hard way. He also can have hair trigger anger, but he is working on that. His anger is usually seen when he is alone, among trees, where he vents his anger by slamming his fist, or legs, or any part of his body really, into them. Whenever his anger starts to build when he is around others, though, he will put his hand close to his heart and then calm down long enough to just walk away without decking someone.

History: Raphael’s childhood was a happy one, but that is not to say it didn’t have its ups and downs. The boy didn’t begin to get involved in fights until he was 10, where he would frequently get into fights with the “bullies” at school. They would make cracks about his mother and how frail she was, which is an easy way to piss Raphael off. He continue to get into fights, despite what his father, mother and friends said. He just couldn’t stop when he was mad until those other kids were pleading for him to stop or until his own friends or others had to hold him back. Durring this time he got stronger, a lot stronger, as his constant fights showed him that he couldn’t control his anger he thought he could vent it by working out. It was a way to use up energy, his mother had told him, and he always followed her advice. She didn’t know he got into fights, neither he nor his father told her. She was constantly sick, and couldn’t leave the house unless either Raphael or his father was with her. Still, she was happy and that was enough for her. Raphael’s mother was killed when a robber broke into their house while Raphael and his father were gone. After that, Raphael’s father was furious, blaming this all on Raphael. His mother wasn’t so weak until he was born, it appeared, and if he hadn’t been born she would still be alive, his father rationalized. Raphael stayed another week in his home until he left after his father tried to kill him, he was 13 at the time. He depended on one of his older friends for support, but it came at a price. Raphael was a strong kid, strong enough to take on grown men, and his friend knew this. So he had Raphael fight in illegal underground tournaments, where the man got a lot of money from bets placed on the underdog. This went on for a year until Raphael realize his potential in magic, which happened in a fit of rage at his “friend,” where he caused his hand to erupt in flames and slammed it into the man’s chest, giving him severe burns, but not killing him. This rage came to be after he actually killed a man with his bare hands (crushed the guy’s skull in with his fists).

Raphael later found his way into the school, where he remained in the background, detached from the others. He had become very private, trying not to stand out. This was a feat, because as time went by his form became very muscular for one his age.

Postby Zath » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:28 pm

And now I have, accepted.

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:30 pm

Well that was easy. But I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Postby Soul » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:32 pm

Does that medical tape and water thing actually work?

Postby Zath » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:35 pm

You sayin that cuz I accepted the same minute you posted it? Nah, I went back and looked for it. And when I posted the acceptance, your post still was not there xD

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:35 pm

It does, and it is banned in professional boxing. Put the tape in freezing water long enough and it will feel like you are getting punched with a lead block.

Postby Karo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:05 pm

I'll have to remember that. I have a friend who could use being punched by a lead block. XD
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:08 pm

However, it still hurts like hell even though your hand is numb from being in cold water to get the tape like that.

Postby k-hallowseve » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:22 am

Well, that wasn't so bad, once I got off my lazy butt and got to work. XD
----
Student Character Sheet:
Name: Tatiana Alexeiyevna Varishka

Codename: Dreamweaver

Main Element: Light

Appearance:
Tatiana has remained fairly short, having grown only a few inches in recent years to a very un-formidable 5’ 2” (and a half). Finally having filled out somewhat, she remains fairly small, but is at least distinguishable from effeminate males. ;) As she has aged, her hair has darkened completely to black, no matter the time of year. She continues to prefer it short, despite the behests of her parents to grow it out a bit. Her eyes are a gray-hazel with long lashes, and have a faraway look, as though she's studying something far-off. Tatiana has aged in the face slightly and somehow manages to look about her age, though she remains more ‘cute’ than ‘pretty.’ She still has the small scar on her bottom lip—the remnant of a schoolyard fight—which has faded ever-so-slightly, but will probably never completely disappear. She wears less green than she used to, and now is often seen with a pair of black gloves when working with her element in direct sunlight—the black absorbs more energy for her to manipulate. She still prefers simple, loose clothing, and will not be caught in a dress for anything short of extremely special occasions. She wears sandals; if she wears any footgear at all—she hates shoes (this rule does not apply at home in the winter time, as she has no desire for frostbite).

Weapon of Choice:
While Tatiana would rather not use weapons to defend herself, she enjoys studying them for discipline's sake and has a natural affinity for long, single-handed swords. The sword she uses is a family heirloom; simple, but with much history behind it. It was used by several prominent military members of her clan, and been kept in good condition for over 250 years. The hilt's original leather has been well-oiled and cared for, and the double-edged blade has been kept sharp, though it rarely leaves its sheath. There are several permanent notches in the blade from battles long ago. Though she hasn’t grown all that much, she has gotten somewhat stronger at the Academy and more used to the heft of her blade, and wields it one-handed without too much difficulty. She uses her element almost entirely for defense and healing purposes; rarely to augment her own energy levels, and almost never for direct offensives.

Personality:
Tatiana is a terminal daydreamer, and she has expanded her writing hobby profusely because of it. Her mind wanders; consequently she doesn't always seem like a good student. She is bright, and she likes to learn, but she can be absentminded and somewhat flighty. In spite of this, she makes a special effort to pay attention in Mr. L’s class, as she finds his engaging teaching techniques interesting and his encouragement of creativity refreshing. She has a reputation as a prankster, though they are never with malicious intention. Tatiana has a thick accent, so she may be difficult to understand at times. Russian is her first language, and she continues to display slight difficulty with some of the more subtle nuances of English, though she can keep track of inside jokes and other strange expressions that have been explained to her. She also continues to have outbursts in her native tongue. She is quiet, but friendly. Even though she has had time to develop a few good friendships and many acquaintances, she is just as comfortable by herself as with anyone else, and between her choice of friends and her ability to keep herself occupied, is rarely ever bored (with the notable exception of being in class or doing homework). One of Tatiana’s major sore points is dealing with bullies—she will not tolerate being pushed around, nor will she let anyone be mistreated as such in her presence. Of course, this doubtfully stops certain of her friends when she is not around to chastise them. *cough* It also annoys her when people purposefully use innuendo to exclude her from a conversation, but otherwise, she is fairly non-confrontational.

She also seems to have finally come to terms with her element, and enjoys finding interesting uses for it. While she seems to focus more readily on the scientific uses and applications for light, her philosophy itself is that her abilities are a gift from God, and should be used for the greater good…or for lighthearted fun; not to hurt people or damage them. She doesn’t particularly find light to be superior to any other element, and appreciates all of them. However, she holds a special (and perhaps slightly morbid) fascination for darkness, which she feels is woefully misrepresented by both its critics and some of its most prominent practitioners.

Three Year Time-Skip Summary:
Over the past three years, Tatiana has made her own small impression on the school through various pranks and practical jokes that she has either orchestrated or been directly involved with. She seems to have a knack for stirring up excitement when the week has been particularly long and uninteresting, and tends to bring her friends into the mix (even if they didn’t ask to be a part of it. Right, Ren? :P). Despite whatever trouble she earned, she took all reasonable punishments without question, though any disciplinarian who decided to be immature about her penitence likely ended up in a small-scale battle of wills.

Her three closest friends are Kujo, Ren and Thorne, and each has a special place in the group, and to her. Ren has become something of a confidant over the years, and she generally brings her aggravations and hopes to him first. He is also the voice of reason, and can occasionally talk her out of anything particularly crazy. Kujo is something of her brother-in-arms, and the two can often be seen planning to get into trouble, or simply having fun. If she can’t think of a creative (and usually elaborate) solution to a problem, Kujo is the one who inspires her muse. And then, of course, is Thorne. While he doesn’t hang out with the others as much, she still thinks of him as one of them. He seems to be one of the few people with whom Tatiana acts more responsibly, probably because she feels she must worry about him more than the others. However, she is also okay with cutting up when he’s around, as long as no one is permanently maimed in the end.

Worrying about his well-being prompted her to invite him to stay with her family for vacations—and her father’s hair is noticeably greyer because of it. Despite his general annoyance, her mother and grandmother make a point to help Thorne feel at home; especially her grandmother, who tells every embarrassing story she can remember. Fortunately for Tatiana, *Babushka can’t speak a word of English, and Thorne doesn’t know Russian. At least, that’s what she thinks.

She has naturally made many other acquaintances, but the ones she talks to the most of these are Steve, her roommate; Artemis, who has always been nice to her; and Leges, whom she sees in class everyday. Tatiana makes a point to try and remain civil with Leges, and unlike most of the student body, doesn’t necessarily dislike him. The two have major philosophical differences, but she pointedly goes out of her way to be civil to him, seeing him (ironically) as more of a lost soul than a nuisance. Despite being at the school three years and finally hitting puberty, Tatiana is too busy being ‘one of the guys’ to be all that interested in boys, and hasn’t had a romantic relationship as of yet.
----

*It’s just the Russian word for ‘grandmother’ (or headscarf, but you know XD), not her name or anything.

I didn’t really want to take liberties with anyone’s characters, but I figured it would be pretty odd if she never talked to her roommate, or anyone else for that matter. For the most part, I assumed that she’d have gotten to know the people she’s talked to a little better, but nothing extraordinary (if you want me to adjust anything, then just pm me), so I extrapolated based off her current impressions of them. ^_^

Lastly, I still have no idea what her sub-element and casting preferences will be yet; it will depend entirely upon what's being taught (I'll just default to Sheedas' class if it actually becomes necessary to pick something for the IC).
Last edited by k-hallowseve on Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not dead! I'm getting better... >.>
----
Þæt fram hám gefrægn Higeláces þegn
gód mid Géatum, Grendles daéda•
sé wæs moncynnes mægenes strengest
on þaém dæge þysses lífes
æþele ond éacen•
----
Elemental Academy CS #1, #2 | X Institute CS #1, #2 | Totem RP CS
The wandering hobo.

Postby Zath » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:52 am

What, Rein isn't a close friend? D: And I was thinking of making a CS for Rein too.

Postby k-hallowseve » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:30 am

XD I f you want him to be, PM me. I can only work with stuff I bothered to work out with other players.
I'm not dead! I'm getting better... >.>
----
Þæt fram hám gefrægn Higeláces þegn
gód mid Géatum, Grendles daéda•
sé wæs moncynnes mægenes strengest
on þaém dæge þysses lífes
æþele ond éacen•
----
Elemental Academy CS #1, #2 | X Institute CS #1, #2 | Totem RP CS
The wandering hobo.

Postby krimson-Death » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:35 am

Imenak wrote:
Nebacanezzar wrote:I'll always remember the moment I realized that. Why won't anyone stay dead?

I think it was that anime staff and maybe even Akira Toriyama running completely out of creativity. I think things would worked out perfectly fine if they didn't believe every saga needed to have the Earth or some other planet explode before the end, and that everyone needed to die in some ridiculously melodramatic manner (I say ridiculously melodramatic because they're going to be brought back anyway, so why the fuck would you mourn?). Honestly, they used the repeated deaths as a creativity crutch, using it to invoke a sense of tragedy or in an attempt to make something dull seem better. The only people who die and stay dead are the villains (until the afterlife became a place you'd regularly see). Death and then revival is fine for a particular character once in awhile, and can be great if done right. Otherwise, it screams Deus Ex Machina, and makes you think "Why bother even killing them off in the first place?" I'm not necessarily saying that's what happened here in EA, but I still couldn't help but draw the similarities. "Oh what a tragedy! Not."

It's just a good-natured jab. Don't think too much on what I say.

great, now i feel like a dbz asshole

i actually just killed richard so i could change element.(revive was a one time thing >.>)
and Ajax, u will understand later on in the next chapter.

Postby Crosis » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:23 am

XD Okay, I realize that I dropped off the face of the planet for the entire oblivion arc. Unfortunately, It'll be a couple of weeks before I can get my updated Cs up. -_- Stupid life.

Postby Distracto » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:30 am

I realy have just not been able to think of what to post, So wait should we end up putting in a little history with are characters? And we can pick codenames now?
Kinda Back...we will see

Postby volgana » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:27 am

Sorry everybody, I have been sick and away from a computer for like 2 weeks. I am so sorry. Please forgive me.

Postby Mystery Girl » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:49 pm

lol My laptop is finally back... now I need to work out this dating sceme... offer is still open on the guys who want to be Artemis' boyfriend sometime during the timeskip....

and does... Emma want to be Isadore's girlfriend???

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing