Elemental Academy *OOC* Dead. Kaput. Finito. RIP.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Elemental Academy *Sign Ups OPEN!*

Postby Imenak » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:01 am

Updated CS:

Name: Thorne Urien

Codename: ...

Age: 17 (consider him turning close to 14 during the outset of the RP)

Appearance: Previous reference picture, as drawn by Ro (Another 'realistic' one w/ a haircut, drawn by k-hallowseve). Over the course of three years, Thorne has jumped in height, his body having taken full advantage of his growth spurt. He's roughly 6' 1" now, and though isn't one of those insanely tall guys at the school, he's still rather intimidating and imposing in his appearance (he doesn't need overwhelming height). Additionally, the extreme muscular build he had as a boy has translated correctly after three years, still being extreme even now being three years older. He has the physical fitness of someone several years his senior. He's at peak physical condition, and has what comic book authors might call "Olympic level" attributes. However, even with time, he still isn't quick with his feet, and seemed to have traded off speed and even elemental ability with physical power. His hair can still be described as being “wild,” its crimson red tinge going off in every direction, and long enough to tie in a ponytail if he bothered to sort it all out. His eyes are a rather unique lime green, making them seem almost luminescent under the right light. He’s normally fair skinned, but he does have a slight tan. His face still carries his usual arrogant smirk, but has matured into a more handsome and rugged appearance.

In terms of clothing, he’s usually adorned with the darker variety, such a dark pair of blue or black jeans, and a shirt of a similar color. The clothing item that seems to remain consistent, though, is a very aviator-esque leather jacket of a dark brown coloration (which is a replacement for his smaller one that looks exactly the same).

Weapon of Choice: A large scythe with a shaft that is about 200 centimeters long (about 6’ 5”), and with the actual blade being about 60 centimeters (about 2’). Due to the sheer limitations such a weapon would cause, it’s made of relatively light materials. Though, thanks to Thorne's increased strength, he has been able to swap such material with sturdier and thus heavier replacements. The pole itself is made of some sort of highly flexible wood, and is "plated" in a not-light-but-not-really-heavy metal. It should be noted that this metal plating was made to be thin and flexible (or malleable), and as a result, is usually not prone to snapping like inflexible weapons usually do. However, that’s not the only special feature of the weapon. Somewhere near its center, the scythe can be twisted and a button then pushed to separate the weapon into two. The contraption would reveal that the part of the shaft that holds the scythe’s blade acts as a makeshift sheath for another blade. This would give Thorne the benefit of a one-handed (albeit slightly unwieldy) scythe, and a thin bladed sword with a rather long hilt. Understandably, due to a part of the scythe having to be hollowed out for this to work, there are some minor weaknesses at the initial weapon’s base.

Personality: Part insane wouldn’t be too crazy of a description to use to summarize Thorne’s character. However, this really isn’t the case, as he can be considered, relatively, mentally stable. His quirkiness is really only because of him having to mature at far too young of an age, and seeing the harshness of the world far too early. As a result, his mind is only partially unhinged. Arrogant and cocky, and can easily be described as a brute, Thorne has also been known to pick fights where fights needed not to be picked. Though, it should be noted that he usually isn’t the one to start the fight, often goading his day’s ‘victim’ into striking him first. In that respect, calculating is another word that can also be associated with him. In terms of socialization, he’s brutally blunt and, at times, excessively talkative. Especially if he happens to be talking about himself. He is generally 'good-natured' (the term is use loosely), though, but specifically to the people who keep a level tongue with him. Anything that he does that can be described as abrasive are usually things where he didn’t intend to create ill will. Though, there are certainly times where it has been his full intention to cause a negative reaction. He just finds such interactions to be far too "interesting" to go without for too long.

Thorne, in the course of three years, has not actually changed much. However, he is a little more sociable now, and doesn't generally pick a serious fight unless he's been abstaining from it for too long. He does get in small "skirmishes" though, generally to just get a few punches out of his system. He hates rivalries and grudges, so doesn't bother with them, and shrugs them off when people insist they have one with him. He's ultra affectionate with his friends, and still uses their given nicknames and often hugs, playfully punches, or uses some other physical gesture of "love" on them. However, he's still distant with them, never really going into detail about himself, nor ever really moving on from his usual little moments of madness.

EDIT:

Three Year Summary: Nothing particularly amazing has happened to Thorne in three years, and he himself has changed little. For the better half of the years, he conducted business as usual, beating up a few kids here and there and earning quite the reputation as one of the most fearsome street brawlers. Fortunately, though, he never seriously injured anyone in spite of being entirely capable, usually just choosing to leave his mark in the form of a few bruises. During the time, he also briefly butted heads with the likes of Tecumseh. However, Thorne actually called off the fight before anything decisive could occur, likely deciding that only serious injury could’ve lead to the end of that match. At the latter half of those years, he mellowed out slightly, and didn’t fight as much, actually beginning to challenge people in a more civil manner instead of trying to insult them enough so they punched him. He never gets in to any conflicts involving element use, though, as his abilities in that pale in comparison to physical prowess.

He became a once-in-awhile friend of Kevin’s, and also managed to lessen hostilities with Emma. Though he had a deep-rooted frustration with the girl from their first encounter, and she obviously hadn’t taken a liking to him, their growing maturity over the years allowed them to mellow out their differences. They still bicker now and then, but it has become more of a friendly thing; a unique way of having a conversation, if you will. His closest friends are, naturally, Kuriame, Ren, and Tatiana. Even now, he still refuses to ever say their names properly, and is all too prone to accidentally injuring their fingers or shoulders once in awhile. Nonetheless, he’s uncharacteristically affectionate towards them, even if his way of expressing that differs from Tatiana to everyone else (hug = punch?). He’s not actually part of the “group” per say, but he hangs around them the most, and has been part of their mutual hijinx once or twice… or every time. No one really keeps count. It’s actually a wonder how he stays in school with the little rules he’s broken (some like to suggest it’s because the Headmaster actually has a sense of humor, or that Michael has a say in it).

Undoubtedly, though, he is the closest with Tatiana, which could be due to various reasons. The most prevalent reason is likely because he actually stays with her and her family for every vacation (which is not known to the rest of the student body). This is due to the fact that Thorne has no home to speak of, having been disowned by his father. He couldn’t stay with Michael, either, who had no home by choice, as he and Ziz wandered the world and disappeared when school was out. Thorne actually didn’t mind since he has no love for his old man anyway, and didn’t want to bother his “uncle” with his problem. He was actually set with the idea of living out on the streets or in the wilderness until school was in again. However, he let this information slip during casual conversation, and Tatiana, worrying about her friend, implored her parents to allow Thorne to stay with her family for the time being. And thus began three years of madness, chaos, and bonding, as well as innumerable situations of lost privacy and various shenanigans. This is likely why, aside from Michael and Ziz, that Tatiana is one of the few people the fire headed young man will listen to without spite. Nonetheless, the two are still just friends, and he still refrains from telling anyone the complete story about himself.
Last edited by Imenak on Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Re: Elemental Academy *OOC* Sign Ups Closed!

Postby krimson-Death » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:28 am

TheLivingCouch wrote:
-Gideon-
Even in the midst of battle Gideon was able to catch Richard’s last moments. Once again he was playing the hero, but this time he had lost his life for it. The Earth teacher could have easily created an escape route for Hisui had Richard not interfered, sacrificing himself needlessly. He did not dwell on the man’s stupidity long. Oblivion had escaped the battlefield and would no doubt move to threaten the children. Gideon left the giant creature to his coiling column of rock, and fell in behind Sheedas in the dash to the arena.

u don't get it do you? The thing hisui fought doesn't die unless richard dies =D

i did this cause it goes with the storyline

Postby TheLivingCouch » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:36 am

I know that, but Gideon doesn't. That's why I didn't have him act in the first palce.
Last edited by TheLivingCouch on Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Imenak » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:42 am

Button wins for knowing what a Ziz is.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby krimson-Death » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:58 am

plz explain wtf a ziz is . . . .

Postby Mr.Button-Eyes » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:20 pm

krimson-Death wrote:plz explain wtf a ziz is . . . .

Hmm. Tis a giant bird of Jewish lore. The Leviathan is the supreme creature of the sea, the Behemoth reigns over the land and the Ziz is king of the skies.
How I wonder, What you're at!
bk-o wrote:I feel the hat business is soon going to become a major world thing. Hat economy will boost, and much, much hair will be pressed.

Postby k-hallowseve » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:02 pm

SoulScavenger wrote:Was I the only one to write a three year history? Neat.

Actually Soul, I've been planning on doing the same thing--which is the main reason my CS isn't up yet. ;) Because I need to sort out the info I've got, and I'm too lazy/overwhelmed by the details to get it done in timely fashion. XD
I'm not dead! I'm getting better... >.>
----
Þæt fram hám gefrægn Higeláces þegn
gód mid Géatum, Grendles daéda•
sé wæs moncynnes mægenes strengest
on þaém dæge þysses lífes
æþele ond éacen•
----
Elemental Academy CS #1, #2 | X Institute CS #1, #2 | Totem RP CS
The wandering hobo.

Postby krimson-Death » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:07 pm

thx buttons =D

Postby Acktoo » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:55 am

New CS up tomorrow. I promise.
Too good for you.

Postby Karo » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:47 pm

I'll put up a CS for Emma as well, just so y'all can see what she's like.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby k-hallowseve » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:49 pm

Imenak, Tatiana wants to have a... word with you about comparing her to a cow. ;)
----
æþele ond éacen•
----
The wandering hobo.

Postby krimson-Death » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:18 am

lol, who cares, richard compares tatiana with a piece of wood . . . the sad thing is the wood is winning

Postby Imenak » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:08 pm

k-hallowseve wrote:Imenak, Tatiana wants to have a... word with you about comparing her to a cow. ;)

Cows are so essential to the American diet. I mean, the comparison is really a compliment. ^^
My Characters' Endings

Postby Soul » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:49 am

Corn is more essential. Corn is in EVERYTHING!

Postby krimson-Death » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:44 am

BLASPHEMY!!!!

Milk and cheese are god gift to man

Postby Karo » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:07 am

Enough arguing about food, boys.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby krimson-Death » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:26 pm

NEVER!!!!

Postby Acktoo » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:54 pm

New CS

Name: Rin Hakumei

Codename: Black Lotus

Appearance: Rin is short for her age, standing at a mere four foot six. Her hair is mostly jet black, with streaks of dark purple mixed in, and her eyes a deep crimson. She is of a slight build, and as a result doesn't weigh very much, roughly around 100 pounds. Rin likes to color her nails black and leave them somewhat long, somewhat like claws, in a way. Her hairstyle changes from day to day, mostly dependant on how she feels like doing her hair that particular day. As for jewelry, Rin wears a woven black metal necklace that wraps around her neck twice, the pendant on the necklace being that of a crimson heart with onyx bat wings coming out of the heart's sides.

Bust.

Clothing: Rin packed quite the ensemble of clothing for her time at the academy, her outfits either themed in the color of black or the color of purple, and she is known to mix and match the colors of her various coverings.

Weapon of Choice: Anything she can get her hands on. If she can wield it, she can figure out a way to make it into an effective weapon. She can get quite creative at times.

Personality:
Rin is still the intelligent, easily-angered girl she was back in her first year at the Elemental Academy, but her overall shy demeanor has lessened over the last few years, almost to the point of being non-existent. Rin is now talkative and quick to take charge in various situations, as if her 'other side,' which seemed to only come out during times of conflict, had taken over.

The Last Three Years: Not too much of great importance has happened with Rin in her last few years at the Academy, but the one thing that is worth mention is her blossoming friendship with the Earth student Ren Phylox. During the Oblivion arc, the two started to trade words while the student body was held up in the arena, sparking and interesting companionship. Before long, the two started to seek out each other, itching for more conversation with a student of such a similar intellect. The two started hanging out more and more often as time passed, and after a while Rin and Ren had become quite close friends, the two even playing such intellectual games as Chess and Go when they had the time, the score 51/49, in Rin's favor. (Out of a combination of Go and Chess matches.)

Couch, PM me if you have an issue with anything.
Last edited by Acktoo on Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Too good for you.

Postby k-hallowseve » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:50 am

Tatiana: "What does the American diet have to do with me?" *DOES NOT COMPUTE*

*pats her head* Just forget it, kid. It's his way of confusing you into not attacking him. :P

I should probably post. But it's my mom's b-day, so I have carteblanche to be lazy.
----
æþele ond éacen•
----
The wandering hobo.

Postby Mystery Girl » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:40 am

Heya, Sorry I havn't been on in ages, my computer went in for a service and hasn't come back. I've been really busy and I might even have to buy a new computer or use my sisters old crappy one which will be annoying.
I'm unsure when I'll next be on but I'm going through depression after I found out my computer might have to be scrapped, and My parent wont lend me the money to buy a new decent one.. but then again i can't blame them (I need about £1000, and my parents have spent to much) So I don't know when I'll next be on, hopefully when My computer come back, I'll speed read when it does.

Postby Zath » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:07 am

Just a brief post from me before I head off to work.

Sorry I haven't been posting lately guys and gals, but I've been scheduled SOO much since the 21st. I've only had the 22nd and 25th off so far, and I've been to wiped/not have any ideas to post when I get off work/wake up. Today's probobly no different. I get the 31st and the 1st off, so I'll try to recharge my battery at that time and post. I can't wait until I get my normal schedule back @_@

Postby Imenak » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:54 pm

Added the 3 year history to my updated CS. To those who are too lazy to scroll up, here's a link.
My Characters' Endings

Postby krimson-Death » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:32 pm

Imenak, thx for ending this >.> if zath was still around to !POST! then i woulda carried this out longer, but meh.

i bet yall thought i was gonna off 2 of my characters, lol nope, just one

Postby Karo » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:05 pm

Zath, do you think you could post with Urufu please? I'm stuck in midair until you do. T_T

Postby Zath » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:13 pm

Ahoobajoobawha?

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing