The X Institute OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Postby Dorian » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:13 am

I'm too lazy to go back and look, but uh.. do we know Mark?
Never asked for this

Postby Jay » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:14 am

We did? But who knows, it seems like that's been retconned?

I'm really unsure.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Dorian » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:16 am

I don't know if we did. That's why I'm asking!
Never asked for this

Postby Aneri » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:16 am

Haha, yep, that we do XD He was on Durandal for the first mission (possibly the second? Memory's a bit fuzzy). Called everyone "dude" and "dudette" XD
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Jay » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:18 am

Yeah, it just seemed a bit weird, so I wondered if that stuff had been retconned. I just looked at the actual posts, so yes, we know Mark.

Added after 1 minutes:

Aneri wrote:And I think her sweetness is a mix of my tendency to draw "cute" pictures, and the way I see her, hahaha. (I do have a pencil sketch of her that's a little...closer to how most people see her, I think XD Did it a while ago, but she has this endearing "WTF?" expression, as I drew her trying to give someone a baguette and being very confused why they didn't want it XD)

Picture in question:
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Re: The X Institute OOC: Sign-ups Always Open (but DIFFICULT

Postby Imenak » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:52 am

Jay's new character has been accepted. darkshark, you can go ahead and try again. I never stop anyone from trying. Styx, your CS is still being taken into consideration.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby darkshark » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:30 am

All right, here we go.

Name: Alex Adams

Appearance: He has shaggy black hair that reaches his eyebrows. He wears it long and loose. His eyes are a mottled green with flecks of light brown in them. He has a round face with regular, slightly protruding eyes, giving him a permanently interested look. He's pretty big for his age, about 6' and 150 lbs. He's very tough, sturdy and hard to knock down. His skin is permanently tannned which, along with his real name, shows his Mexican descent. He prefers a loose style of clothing, favoring long t-shirts and jeans over, say, dress pants and othere formal clothing. He's still growing, so some of his clothes look a bit small on him.

Personality: He's normally a nice guy, and a very warm person, but can and will hold grudges. He won't forget it if you're an asshole, unless you somehow redeem yourself. He's normally as honest as possible, but might lie to get himself out of trouble. He's not a troublemaker, but he's very relaxed and might not pay attention. He makes a good friend but is very vengeful. In fact it's now a reflex that if you punch him he will hit back. He's fairly smart and loves reading. He's really loyal, and if you're a friend, you can count on him and his protection, whether you like it or not. He expresses what he feels in subtle and not-so-subtle ways. He won't back down from a fight, even when he knows he has no chance. He's intelligent, so even if it doesn't look like it in class, he's probably learning. If it's a stupid little scuffle, he'll throw a few punches and end it, but if it's serious, he'll let anger guide him, not reason. Basically, don't be a jerk, and he'll consider you a friend.

Reevamped.
Last edited by darkshark on Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
buh

Postby Imenak » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:52 pm

No. The PM stuff gets sent to me no matter what. They're a part of the CS.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby darkshark » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:59 pm

Riight. Ok, hold on.
buh

Postby Imenak » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:10 am

darkshark, as of right now, your status is pending just like Styx's. I'll inform both of you of my decision soon enough. Elend-x, after some consideration, I think I may be accepting you. I'll PM you later.
My Characters' Endings

Postby Ro Wong » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:47 pm

Glacier wrote:Thanks Ro, nicely done with the self sabotage's there.

Thought I'd try and help out a bit. Hm... That sarcasm or you being sincere, there? If sarcasm, I've still got maybe a couple more darklings that can come in later and really screw you up.
Demon of Elru

Postby Glacier » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:39 pm

I'm not too good with the sarcasm, so I'd bank on sincerity. Don't hold back on my account though. If you have more in store for us, far be it from me to restrain your hand.

Do as you see fit Ro.

Postby Ro Wong » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:01 pm

Nah, I wouldn't hold back just for one party member. I'm only holding back to give you guys more chance of survival, as per Im'k's request.

If I did as I wished, you guys would be in some deep shit. XD
Demon of Elru

Postby Nebacanezzar » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:46 pm

I know Ro, and when he says somehting like that, he means it. As of right now, I have half a mind to tell Ben and Hisui, or whatever Karo named her character as I can't remember it off the top of my head, that Patrick is just going to go on ahead of them with his entire body covered in metal so he can stand more of a chance against those darklings. But that's just me thinking out loud.
V The most adorable plushie ever.
Image[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby Glacier » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:03 pm

Thanks Nebz, but I know he's serious when he says that. Though it was short lived, I have RP'd with Ro before. He's pretty brutal from what I've seen.

Hm, don't let me stop you. If that's what Patrick would do in this situation, go right ahead. Don't blame me if you get jumped while you're alone. Ro already said going it alone could end in death. And Imenak stated earlier that due to the inflow of new participants he might lift that rare-no deaths clause.

It's your choice, just be prepared for the consequences.

Postby Ro Wong » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:10 pm

Wait-wait-wait... So, it's fine if you guys actually DO die...? *blinks at Im'k*
Demon of Elru

Re: The X Institute OOC: Next Issue Begins

Postby Glacier » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:03 pm

Go read it for yourself, but that's not a green light to kill everyone either RO. the people who left the board aren't to be killed if I read Imenak right, but go by what he told you, not my advice.

Added after 15 minutes:

Imenak wrote:Why must so many people be interested in this RP again?! xD Much love though. Listen up newbies: you'll probably be making up the third team that was eliminated in the past since so many people dropped. Now to make rounds:

@TheLivingCouch: Accepted, on the addition that I can vouch for your RP ability.

@BG07: Accepted.

@Jase: Accepted.

Special little warning: I've avoided the 'death' element for characters for awhile now, but giving the huge influx of newbies, the factor is now present (based upon either ability or making the wrong move during gaming). Tread a little softer now my students =). Or don't, since depending on the situation, maybe your character will just be asked to kindly leave the mansion or class. In which case you would have an opportunity to possibly return later.

I dug this out from page 36.

Glacier wrote:Listen to me at your own risk.

I said that a while back too.

Postby Imenak » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:46 am

Only I have the authority to kill off any player-characters. I did not bestow that right to my two "guest" GMs. However, if they ask my permission, then I'll gladly authorize it if the player in question was totally asking for it. So, regardless if I'm not in direct control of what's going on, you should still tread lightly. =P Especially with people like Ro and Fell that I'm juuuust barely able to keep in check. If I really think your character deserved to die, then you'll garner little sympathy from me. (or rather none at all!)

Ah, and anyways, Elend and darkshark, you've been accepted. However, Styx, you have been rejected on the basis of your performance in other RPs. I'm always for second chances though, so if you're still interested, then bring the topic back up some time down the line.

Anyways, to the two new inductees: Make sure to read the first post in the OOC in its entirety, as well as anything I'm going to send you. You are not to post without my go, and be aware that I frown upon godmodding, pin ponging, one line posts, rush jobs, overt grammatical errors, breathing, eating, and in general, existing on any plane I happen to be on. I'll be PMing you later.
My Characters' Endings

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:50 am

Awwwww... And I was hoping to just cut loose. *snaps fingers* Well, there's still the chance they could mess up and the back-up idea gets used... I can still have my hopes! *waits for them to screw up*
Demon of Elru

Postby Glacier » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:10 pm

Hope I didn't cause too much trouble, just putting info out there.

^_^;

Postby Akaine » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:57 pm

Heh, sorry for the wait. (Not that anybody was waiting for my post XP)
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby darkshark » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:30 pm

Imenak wrote:Only I have the authority to kill off any player-characters. I did not bestow that right to my two "guest" GMs. However, if they ask my permission, then I'll gladly authorize it if the player in question was totally asking for it. So, regardless if I'm not in direct control of what's going on, you should still tread lightly. =P Especially with people like Ro and Fell that I'm juuuust barely able to keep in check. If I really think your character deserved to die, then you'll garner little sympathy from me. (or rather none at all!)

Ah, and anyways, Elend and darkshark, you've been accepted. However, Styx, you have been rejected on the basis of your performance in other RPs. I'm always for second chances though, so if you're still interested, then bring the topic back up some time down the line.

Anyways, to the two new inductees: Make sure to read the first post in the OOC in its entirety, as well as anything I'm going to send you. You are not to post without my go, and be aware that I frown upon godmodding, pin ponging, one line posts, rush jobs, overt grammatical errors, breathing, eating, and in general, existing on any plane I happen to be on. I'll be PMing you later.

w00t

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. I'll make sure not to breathe without your approval. Quick question, though: Does this post mean I can post, or should I wait for an actual 'Go ahead' post?
buh

Postby Imenak » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:58 pm

I did just say to wait for my go.
My Characters' Endings

Postby darkshark » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:05 pm

Sorry, sorry, just making sure. I'll wait.
buh

Postby Ro Wong » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:05 pm

*looks around for his team*
Demon of Elru

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing