Totem RP OOC. *For to Discuss Roleplaying.*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Postby Mathias » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:27 pm

You know, like "TomKat."

Re: Totem RP OOC. (Open Indefinitely.)

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:28 pm

Name; Reye
Age; 14
Gender; Male

History; From what Reye remembers, and can interpretate from the animals he's lived with, he was found in the Polaris ocean, in a basket, holding his totem. From there he was raised in the jungles by bear-monkey like creatures, learning languages from the humans in the village.

Personality Quirks; Is as much of an animal as the rest of his pack, but mantains the alpha-male attitude. He has large canines, and sharp senses, usually seeming paranoid at something someone else can't see or hear.

Clothing style; Wears pants, boots and a tunic made by the villagers he lives near, with a toga and gloves made from a tiger pelt. He's usually covered by a brown, hoodless cloak.

Equipment; Carved wyvern fang. Two runes, water and air; Unequipped. Looted food. Butterfly knives. Long bow. Arrows. Daggers. Senbon (needles). Katar.

Totem:
Name; Braios
Race; Owl
Gender; Male
Element; Electricity
Runes; Eye shaped, and patterned, electrical rune on center forehead
Last edited by NoSearchyFindy on Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Postby Imenak » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:45 pm

Did Math accept you? Otherwise, you don't post unless he has explicitly done so.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:46 pm

Person’s Name: Raylage (Ray for short) Ristden
Person’s Age: 17
Person's Gender: Male.

Person’s History: Ray grew up with his family, his dad (A respected soldier), mom, sister, and his brother. His mother and sister were killed in a fire accident when he was 11. When he turned 16, he joined the military, a young age compared to the average age people joined that military. Like his father, he performed well in military exercises and training. During his first battle, while he performed well, he hated the sight of the gore caused by the swords and other weapons used. While he got some mental rest at his home city, it was attacked. He was captured defending it, and he was taken away with his shield and a few other items. His brother escaped, and his father was away.

Personality Quirks: Ray has a great distaste for conventional weapons, mainly ones that slice. In combat, he mostly fights defensively, waiting for a time to strike. When backed into a corner, or if greatly angered, he will often begin to attack very aggressively. While at first he seems quiet, when you get to know him, he is very talkative. Over all he is nice, though he can be a little gruff sometimes.

Clothing Style: Ray wears a comfortable black long sleeve shirt and long pant set. Over top he has a dark blue jacket. For shoes, he wears light, blue combat boots. On his left hand is a light fingerless glove. He was a piece of shoulder armor, a belt, a shield, and a buckler that were taken away.

Totem’s Name: Nirash
Totem’s “Race”: Painted Turtle
Totem's Gender: Male.
Totem’s Element: Water

Equipment:
Shield That shape, but painted dark blue around the edge and light silver in the middle.
Small Buckler

Water Rune:
Water Shield: A basic shield spell that creates an orb of water around the target.
Water Spray: Shoots a small, short stream of water from the mouth of the user.
For the Greater Good

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:50 pm

Imenak wrote:Did Math accept you? Otherwise, you don't post unless he has explicitly done so.

I'm sorry, It seemed vividly implied, though it was not strictly mentioned. I asked him, though I don't think he is on. So sorry if I have caused disrespect.

Postby Mathias » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:48 pm

Imenak wrote:Did Math accept you? Otherwise, you don't post unless he has explicitly done so.

I'll allow it. This once. Don't let it happen in other roleplays, Cav.

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:49 pm

It won't happen again.

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:52 pm

So, how is mine Math?
For the Greater Good

Postby Mathias » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:54 pm

NeoWarrior7 wrote:So, how is mine Math?

Perfectly suitable.

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:57 pm

If it means anything, I also liked it. I almost forgot about equipment, may I add a last minute addition?

Postby Mathias » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:58 pm

Now I just need to catch Eve while she's online and get her to make links.

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:01 pm

So, just PM me when it is time for me to come in.
Is that going to be soon.
For the Greater Good

Postby Mathias » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:03 pm

Eeeeeeeeeeehh...How soon do ya wanna jump in?

Since I start my 9-hour work nights tomorrow, I may not get anything going until Monday or later.

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:05 pm

Well, its your RP and plot. I can wait, though if you can, I'd like to start.
For the Greater Good

Postby Mathias » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:06 pm

I'll work something out.

Postby k-hallowseve » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:21 am

Hooah! Links turned in, yo. :) Oh, and I haven't given a reminder in a while (because there wasn't really any point), so here we go: Anything you acquire/obtain/receive/pilfer, don't forget to add it to your CSs. ^_^ Makes it easier for you (and us) to keep track of your worldly posessions, and stuff. XD Thank ye, guys.
I'm not dead! I'm getting better... >.>
----
Þæt fram hám gefrægn Higeláces þegn
gód mid Géatum, Grendles daéda•
sé wæs moncynnes mægenes strengest
on þaém dæge þysses lífes
æþele ond éacen•
----
Elemental Academy CS #1, #2 | X Institute CS #1, #2 | Totem RP CS
The wandering hobo.

Postby Imenak » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:05 am

And so it is done...

Person’s Name: Terra (has no last name to speak of, but constantly refers to herself as “Terra the Great Terror!”)
Person’s Age: 17
Person's Gender: Female.

Person’s History: Like any good mysterious character cropping up from mysterious circumstances, Terra’s history is almost entirely unknown. What makes it doubly worse is that she, and even her totem, rarely ever volunteer the information themselves, and when asked, only vaguely answer the question posed. What is known about her, though, is her incredible knack for getting into trouble. For example, someone might see a Wanted ad with a girl’s face that has an incredibly close likeness to Terra. This person is currently wanted for a variety of broken laws, chief among them being her frequent thievery, identity theft, and assumptions of a variety of false names.

Personality Quirks: Terra’s a tomboyish young woman, well known for her less than ordinary actions, and constantly boisterous attitude. She’d sooner break your nose with the flat end of her palm than act even remotely lady-like. Though, that’s not to say she’s gender confused or anything. She’s just gender apathetic, and doesn’t like to be generalized by that or through any other means. She also has a flair for being overdramatic and theatrical, as well as having a severe lack of social grace. Your personal space is nonexistent to her, and the social “norms” are completely ignored by her unless it’s convenient to follow them. For example, she’d yell “Bomb!” in an airport if she lived in our world in a modern time, and later remark she was really saying “These wrapped up meals are the BOMB!”

Headshot: Image
Clothing Style: Terra wears a fur coat like jacket almost all the time, regardless of temperature, where there is a significant amount of “tuft” at the edges of its hood and sleeves (If asked about it, she would simply say, “It’s cold where I come from. You know, the Moon”). Though, regrettably, she often absentmindedly rips them off because she gets hot, later asking a town seamstress to fix it for her (which she’ll inevitably not pay for and steal back). When it’s cold, she generally wears some sort of long sleeve shirt on the inside, with some especially baggy blue pants. Otherwise, she wears a short and red tank top (that oddly enough, shows her midriff), and dark blue shorts that are form fitting. However, over those shorts she wears one could call a “skirt”, except that is extends a little past the knees, and splits all the way to the thigh. In spite of all that, one wouldn’t exactly call her apparel revealing. Indeed, you should also never tell her that to her face. She also owns a pair of boots and a pair of gloves.

Equipment Added: Terra carries around two daggers and scythe on her person at all times. It’s quite obvious all three were stolen at one point or another. After all, the blades of daggers read “To the holy arm of Malak, Gods guide your hand”, and the scythe has this inscribed: “To my beloved Thorne. Farm well!” She also lugs around a backpack that contains a various number clothes for her to change into, whether as a disguise or to be comfortable. She has also recently retrieved triple-bladed throwing weapons that can retract its blades.

Totem’s Name: Ziz
Totem’s “Race” : Bird. More specifically, it looks similar to the “Giant Teratorn”, sharing its massive size and enough strength carry people upon its back. Through predominantly blue, its plumage shifts in shades and intensities at the end of its wings and tail,
Totem's Gender: Male.
Totem’s Element: Air.

Air Rune:
Vortex - Creates a miniature tornado that can suck in things, twirl them about, and regurgitate them back out with increased force. Disorients and distracts more than it damages.
Gust Barrier - Creates a barrier composed of nothing more than the rushing wind, accelerated to incredibly potent degrees. Parries attacks more so than it deflects.
Wind Tunnel - A variate of Vortex that makes the tornado originate from the caster instead, causing the funnel to go outward and towards opponents. Depending on which direction its spinning, it can blow things away or suck things towards it.
Last edited by Imenak on Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby k-hallowseve » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:15 am

Inter-RP references for the win! <3
I'm not dead! I'm getting better... >.>
----
Þæt fram hám gefrægn Higeláces þegn
gód mid Géatum, Grendles daéda•
sé wæs moncynnes mægenes strengest
on þaém dæge þysses lífes
æþele ond éacen•
----
Elemental Academy CS #1, #2 | X Institute CS #1, #2 | Totem RP CS
The wandering hobo.

Postby Mathias » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:25 am

It's funny you should mention that, Eve. I was considering a Dimensia-Totem crossover.

Btw, does anyone want to see a cs for Michael?

Postby Imenak » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:27 am

Oh, I almost forgot. Can I get an Air rune? xD
My Characters' Endings

Postby Mathias » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:01 pm

I suppose. Runes are fairly easy to come by, with an applicant shop in every village/town/city/city-state. Feel free to make up your own spells.

Added after 9 hours 58 minutes:

I should make this clear: the Baldeans' spell inhibits ALL 'special' skills. Not just those of your totems.

Added after 31 minutes:

One more note: None of the Baldeans have totems ;).

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:18 pm

Could someone please fill me in on the Baldeans?

Postby Glacier » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:56 pm

Ask Mathias about them. It's something only he actually knows. They're a mystery in the OOC and the IC thread.

Added after 14 minutes:

How would the owl know who they were talking to?

Postby NoSearchyFindy » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:58 pm

I kinda' assumed a totem could hear to passages if necessary. I'm guessing they don't then? Want me to change that?
Also, he said he seems. Plus MG said totems could read each others minds. So I just figured

Postby Glacier » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:01 pm

Still doesn't mean he's talking to the wyvern.

Added after 8 minutes:

Totem's can talk to each other via a link between them as long as they know the other totem, but they can't read each other's minds. It's like talking via telepathy, not straight telepathy.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing