Bk-o's Literature [G - PG13; Original] (New - Poem)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Bk-o's Literature [G - PG13; Original] (New - Poem)

Postby Bk-o » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:32 pm

Alright... felt like making a thread for my own "work". I might dig up some of the old "poems" I've written in SPAM... maybe...

But first, since Tuor had something to do for Beowulf in his school and so did I, I'll post that narrative now.
It's supposed to be a story in the perspective of the monster, Grendel, and a part not mentioned in the epic (make up our own). Oh, and it's all in first person present pov... I think.

Grendel's Remembrance

On this moment of the sun's rise, there seems to be such little suffering surrounding me. That needs to change very soon. I left my lazy mother mumbling some mundane nonsense I had no care to listen to. I splash out of the bitterly cold pool of the sky's saliva I call my home. It feels like forever as I swim up from the cave. As soon as I emerge, I encounter a noise most annoying. Oh how I wish that the morning-singers that chirped with cheer would have just choked on their own challenging calls. What would there be that makes them so happy? There is only miserable existence among the darkness that always sits around me. I suppose I will just do what I do every week or so: go Scylding hunting...

I crawl around the mushy earth and lick my lips for the coming taste of the gushing juices of red. As I approach an impressive mound of grass, I seem to remember something about the very place. This hill... ah yes... now I remember. It was many, many years ago, before the silly king built his overbearing structures on my land. I was chasing long-eared, furry skippers. The small creatures, so elegant and evasive. So brightly white like a waving layer of light and mist. I only caught one, but it was delicious. Then, on the hill, I laid my eyes upon a smelly Scylding with a smeared face and a sluggish smirk. He spotted me and fell back in shock. The shiny war-stick of his was quickly taken out, and with unwavering speed he charged. I closed my eyes, quivered and shivered. His unbearable roar raged into my ears, as if a hundred feather-flappers were calling from his throat. He swung his blade with a downward angle, yet I did not feel its bite. The Scylding was equally shocked, and he just stood there and gawked. I had my chance and grabbed his face. With one swift pull I ripped off his head. It was my first human slay. I at first was too scared to touch him again, but I heard my stomach call for food. Dipping my lips into the leaking liquid, the life-juice was satisfying and savory. The flesh was hardy and filling. My first taste of human. I then turned as my spawner rushed to me. My face was unmoving, but when I saw her, I smiled...

My head is tilted. My eyes are tempered. My mind is timid. I feel an omen as I stare at this hill of a memory. My body feels sore, and my arm is numb. I wander onward to the clearing ahead. I can see the walls of wood and the center of celebration. My heart is slowing down and anxiety is overcoming. The horned head of a hart is mounted in plain sight. I've been coming here for over a decade, and it's become my personal pantry of preciously tasty people. I finger my fang and imagine the coming meal. The wind is tilting the tall grass toward the towering building. The day star is piercing light through slivers of cloud. Let's see what fools will fall into my food sac tonight...
Last edited by Bk-o on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:29 am, edited 12 times in total.
I fight Muppets with tactility inhibitions on a regular basis.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:39 pm

Ho-hoe nice! That's one good piece of literature, bk! ^_^
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Bk-o » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:05 am

Oh, thanks! It's a result of procrastination. ;)

Now where's Tuor.....

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:20 am

*applauds* I wanna see more...!!
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Tuor » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:22 pm

Kewlstuff, bk-o. I've never really liked things from Grendel's view but you didn't make him incredibly sappy, so this was good.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Bk-o » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:38 pm

Thanks. I really hated the book Grendel when we read it. But this assignment was before that. If I had read it before this project, I would have protested a lot more.. >_>

More? Well, I usually have writers block unless I'm pressured by school to do something (usually the night before it's due). So here's a ballad I had to make for the class during the ballad unit. It uses the basic tetrimeter and trimeter pattern.

Bryan Belling Brown

Stay not asleep tonight, young ones
For I have a small tale
About a man whose luckless life
Might make you quake and quail

It was a night so long ago
When rain was pouring down
The man was speaking silently
And laughing with a frown

The time had come for his debut
An hour to take the cake
On stage with work that was his own
To prove he was no fake

The men all laughed and yelled for joy
At Bryan Belling Brown
Whose jokes had surely made him king
A comic with a crown

But one among them dared not laugh
His envy grew to rage
For his own jokes were of no good
A clipped bird in a cage

This man you ask, where was he from?
He's from that very town
His own career would stay so drear
Forever he'd stay down

So wrath indeed took over him
He'd come prepared one night
A bottle full of cyanide
To win this worthless fight

And so our Bryan Belling Brown
Of course he had not known
The water filled inside his cup
Would make him grunt and groan

So there he fell down on the floor
At shock of all the men
To never say those jokes he owned
To never speak again

And so young ones, this is my tale
Of Bryan Belling Brown
A man you will, I hope, learn from
So never take his crown

A danger lies within his world
And fame has only shown
That all people with selfish goals
Want everything you own

Take care young ones, the night is cold
Be wary in your head
The darkness creeps at times so bold
Stay warm inside your bed

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:40 am

Ouch. Harsh world, isn't it?
Not-an-animator

Postby Bk-o » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:30 pm

That's the cold reality.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:02 am

*nods*

Nice work too... moves me to make my own literature lol. when I get the change...
Not-an-animator

Postby Bk-o » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:36 pm

I seem to be following Tuor.... Time for a spur of the moment poem. Probably based on my day...

The dreary dust claps
Strikes silence within
A cold chill that captures
And causes your fake grin
Don't smile to please
Don't smile to forget
Don't smile to ease
Don't smile just yet
Wait for a real reason
Wait for something true
One that will bring comfort
That no fake smile can do
Get lost in your thoughts
Let all animosity arise
For there is no sure tomorrow
If death is the final prize

Re: Bk-o's Literature [G - PG13; Original] (Probably emo)

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:52 pm

I dunno if I'm right but what I got from this poems is that make most of your time(?). Just move and be patient? :D
Not-an-animator

Postby Tuor » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:33 pm

Good stuff, bk.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Bk-o » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:11 pm

Thanks.

And KM, that's not really what I was thinking, but I suppose most literature is open to interpretation.

Postby whispersoul » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:37 am

Good work. That's all I can say.
Ehhh, no. Actually, you have a smooth style for poetry. Keep it up :)
McDurg- I dunno' whispaho, I've seen some pretty hot things in my life. Like myself. I masturbate to my own image every day. :D Naw. How about all three of us combine, in the form of a sexy Godzilla? We would totally fuck Mothra.
Alfimi - *sighs*....things i have to do *corners whisper against the wall* *unbutons shirt**flashes**butons shirt up again* there, enjoy your hearty.
Coos - Whisper's a bitch. :D
Malumultimus - Whisper...you are my favorite worshipper.
Mal again - Nyaaaa~

Postby Bk-o » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:03 pm

Kill!
Kill!
Kill the squire
The danger is dire
There is no peace
There is no hope
Only languid lying
And lengthy rope
Tie the knot
Make it tight
"Capture the lot
This is what's right
We are right
They are vile
We are right
Full of guile
I don't lie
I am good
I don't lie
Did what I could"
Helped a nation
Or so you say
Elimination
They all must pay

Disclaimer: I am in no shape or form a politically charged person. This just popped into my head and I decided to go with it.

Postby Tuor » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:37 am

Coolness, mang.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Bk-o » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:01 pm

Thanks, Tuor.

Um... I'm feeling something kind of shivering inside me, so I think I'll write something now to shake it off...

Still, like the sun burning tall
Yet gently breezing by
We can not move at all
And still be sent up high
While we awaken our wills
Keep me less than cold
For I dislike the chills
Just want to always hold
To never falter here
Control my calm and craze
Embrace my greatest fear
But life is all a haze
The future shows all gray
An empty epilogue
Till the end of this day
And not see beyond the fog
Now I have learned to think
To know that sight is none
My ship will always sink
And I can only run

Postby whispersoul » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:43 am

I've read the poem, and made me remember going to my province >_<
Thanks.
McDurg- I dunno' whispaho, I've seen some pretty hot things in my life. Like myself. I masturbate to my own image every day. :D Naw. How about all three of us combine, in the form of a sexy Godzilla? We would totally fuck Mothra.
Alfimi - *sighs*....things i have to do *corners whisper against the wall* *unbutons shirt**flashes**butons shirt up again* there, enjoy your hearty.
Coos - Whisper's a bitch. :D
Malumultimus - Whisper...you are my favorite worshipper.
Mal again - Nyaaaa~

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:03 am

Coolnezz!

@whispersoul: what, you go via Super Ferry?
Not-an-animator

Postby Bk-o » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:27 pm

Thanks, guys. Whisper, what do you mean by that? And... did you mean my latest poem or the one before that?

Postby Bk-o » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:38 pm

Um... I feel like posting so... *starts typing and thinking*

This Is Living
I feel that I am tired
Yet why am I awake?
The soda has me wired
This feeling is not fake
I feel that we are dying
Yet life continues on
My heart will not keep trying
If I can't see the dawn
I feel my blood is dripping
Yet hear no splashing noise
We all endure the whipping
And hope for worldly joys

Postby Tuor » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:54 pm

Nice job on the abab pattern, man.

It's awesome.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Bk-o » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:59 pm

Thanks!

Lol, abab? I actually looked that up and realized that it wasn't a word. ABAB. >.< Heh.

Postby Tuor » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:51 pm

Haha, smooth :P
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Lono » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:41 pm

I liked the part about the soda :P

Next

Return to Literature