BLAck'z ART => Farewell to Snafu (19th Mar 2013)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Black » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:08 am

I made this about half-a-year ago. Because my scanner and computer are in my hometown, I thought I might post some of my old stuff I already had on net.
Damn! It seems that imageshack deleted some of the images!

This is supposed to illustrate how members of DSBSOV see the world around them. DSBSOV is a group my friends formed, btw.
So, alphabetically:
Black - Computer/Robotic view of the world. Easily finds 4 and 5 leaved clovers.
Coa Smor - Musician. When someone sings, he can simply see the notes of the song, and he sees bird's singing as notes in 'piano roll' from 'Fruity Loops'.
Kale - Big programmer, used 'Ultra Edit' a bit too much, so he sees the world in hexa-decimal view.
Ludi Pingvin - Programmer extraordinaire. For everything around him he can SEE the program that runs it.
White - My room-mate. Not exactly part of the team, but he might become a member! Anyway, he's studying insects.
YOle - He played 'Warcraft 3' a bit too much... (Made after a real event :D )

Also, this is a picture of me, the way my friend Kale sees me.
He should really lay off the programming...
Click to visit my art thread.

Postby memetoon » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:28 am

good draw!!
I want to help my sister. I can't die now....
I almost die....

Re: BLAck'z ART

Postby Black » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:31 am

Thanks, memetoon.

Anyway, I made a little something using "Paint" (Faculty's computer center doesn't have any other picture editor installed on their computers :angry: ). I used Female Cyborg I made few months ago and a hallway image I found on the net. Quick work, nothing special - that "pale" guy is me, after I found out I can't take the exam because of the administration screw-up. Long story...
Just a reminder: CLICK ON THE IMAGE FOR A LARGER VIEW!

Re: BLAck'z ART

Postby Black » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:20 am

I found the image of something I made few years ago:
A bitten CD ^_^ ! The disc screwed up during burning, so it was kinda usless. But I found a use for it! I carefully made it look like it's bitten. It wasn't easy, let me tell you. If you just try to cut it, it'll break into pieces. Also, the bite matches mine lol . I use it as a decoration.
Also, I was working on life-sized poster of Shinobu Maehara from "Love Hina" in my hometown. I should finish it in few weeks when I get back there. I've got the reference picture, dimensions and supplies. I still haven't decided how to color it, but it'll probably be either watercolor or tempera.

Postby Black » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:28 am

Something came up AGAIN and I can't go to my hometown, meaning - I won't be able to scan any of my drawings.

Here's something I made in "Power Point 2003" yesterday:
...and here's German Spearhead Panzer I made today, also in "Power Point 2003":

It seems that people are not commenting in my gallery. Why? Do I have to change the thread name to get more attention? Everyone who's not drawing half-naked girls is not interesting? If noone is interested in my gallery, why should I keep updating it?
I can't believe noone even noticed that I mentioned I'm making a life-sized poster of anime character... And no comments to bitten CD! I thought I'd upload something interesting, but I guess there is no point, so I won't...

Postby MKU1TR4 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:50 am

Someone needs a hug!

Seriously, don't get all emo just 'cause noone says anything, it doesn't mean they aren't checkin' out ya' thread...give 'em time...

(and why don't 'cha post some more nature stuff, seeing as how you suggested that during the last contest : )
Semisentient

Postby Black » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:58 am

Well, I'd like to post more stuff, but as I said, I don't have a scanner here. It's in my hometown and due to some unexpected events I won't go to my hometown for at least few more days. It's such a pain...
And that "interesting" thing I mentioned was the image of an eye. It doesn't look like anything special unless you play the "Media Player" in background. If you do, you can see THROUGH the image viewer and all opened windows and see the movie in the eye's cornea. When I get to my hometown, I'll probably upload some interesting stuff.

Postby MKU1TR4 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:23 am

Yea, that sux, mine's crap, too, I usually just take pics of whatever I draw
Semisentient

Postby Black » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:47 am

I finished the "Spearhead Panzer" today. Here's the final version:
I changed the position of light source, angle of tank's cannon, position of tank's tracks and added more details. Enjoy!

Postby Black » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:17 am

If anyone around here still CARES about my "art", there should be an update tomorrow. My computer is busted and I only had 1 pic already scanned and transfered to my USB Flash memory before that. I'm 200+ kilometers away from my hometown AGAIN and some things came up AGAIN (like my computer getting busted)! I'll upload that pic tomorrow, along with some pics of my old abandoned projects (which I, thankfully, already had on CD before my comp kicked the bucket).

Postby keroro ruguru » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:13 pm

Black wrote:If anyone around here still CARES about my "art", there should be an update tomorrow. My computer is busted and I only had 1 pic already scanned and transfered to my USB Flash memory before that. I'm 200+ kilometers away from my hometown AGAIN and some things came up AGAIN (like my computer getting busted)! I'll upload that pic tomorrow, along with some pics of my old abandoned projects (which I, thankfully, already had on CD before my comp kicked the bucket).

haha, to get more attention, i suggest trying the C.Y. thread or something
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27019

nice works!
"They don't think it be like it is,

but it do." -- Oscar Gamble

Re: BLAck'z ART => Panzer Tank

Postby Black » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:14 am

@keroro ruguru: Actually, I participated in few of them, even won first place in one. Obviously, it didn't help much. I'm always kinda busy lately, anyway, but I hope I'll be able to participate in next C.Y..

Anyway, here's that pic I mentioned yesterday:
As always, CLICK ON IT FOR A LARGER VIEW.
It was supposed to be "100 4-leaved clovers", but I drew a bit too many clovers in the background, so I had to incerease the number to 200 lol .

Also, there will be an edit in next 10 minutes, adding some more of my old stuff...

Postby Faust777 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:09 pm

Ah, you seem to be getting better at each each drawing xD
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, sit back, relax, and let the world wonder how the fuck you did it.
My art thread~
Nabichan: Seriously, you are the epitome of all that is awesome in the world
Dinosaurpirate: Well yeah, could anyone so weird be anything BUT an artist?
Vegedus: Theres only rape is theres a tentacle monster
Mcdurg:@Faust: Win.
Fenrisulfrhell, even if i broke one of my arms, i still have the other one, two legs, an elbow, a head, two knees, my hips, and my feet to beat their ass
Prinny Captain

Re: BLAck'z ART => Panzer Tank

Postby keroro ruguru » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:19 pm

Black wrote:@keroro ruguru: Actually, I participated in few of them, even won first place in one. Obviously, it didn't help much. I'm always kinda busy lately, anyway, but I hope I'll be able to participate in next C.Y..

Anyway, here's that pic I mentioned yesterday:
As always, CLICK ON IT FOR A LARGER VIEW.
It was supposed to be "100 4-leaved clovers", but I drew a bit too many clovers in the background, so I had to incerease the number to 200 lol .

Also, there will be an edit in next 10 minutes, adding some more of my old stuff...

well then, i don't know what to tell you other than to make some friends who check up on you or post a helluva lotta pictures.

or you can do what i do when i feel ignored, watch Lucky Star for about 2 hours.
"They don't think it be like it is,

but it do." -- Oscar Gamble

Re: BLAck'z ART => Abandoned Projects

Postby Black » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:00 pm

@Faust777: Thanks. I'm trying to improve.
@keroro ruguru: Well, I DO have "Fullmetal Alchemist" and "Vandread" that need to be watched, AND few movies. But they are in my hometown, more than 200 km away...

Okay, so I didn't post this yesterday afterall... There were some excercises in computer center, so I had to leave. (I MUST get 'net at home...)

ABANDONED PROJECTS

Here is some stuff I was making few years ago, but never finished. All these projects are now abandoned.
"Kuro's Training" - Flash Game
Translated from Japanese "Kuro" means "Black". A02 is an Android from the Game I'm currently working on. In this game A02 doesn't attack at all. But if you attack, he either blocks or evades your attacks. You could try to beat him, but you'd never succeed :). I abandoned this project because I encountered some problems with animations and was too lazy at that time to make it frame-by-frame.

"Demon Rebelion" - Fantasy RPG for Nokia Mobile Phones;
These are Inventories and HUDs(Heads Up Display) that were supposed to be used in fantasy RPG for Nokia mobile phones. I was supposed to do the graffix and my friend Kale was supposed to do the coding. We abandoned this project because graffix was supposed to be isometric, so I had to make a whole freaking load of animations from 8 angles, like: walking, attacking, blocking, spell casting,... It was simply too much for me to do all that by myself. So, we abandoned this project and started working on "P.A.C.T.", which was supposed to have a bird's eye view.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

"P.A.C.T." - Portable Advanced Car Theft - Game for Nokia Mobile Phones;
Kale imagined this as MMO for mobile phones. I made few weapons and vehicles and character animations, but then Kale told me something like: "I'm working on something new. You finish this project yourself.", and since I knew almost nothing about mobile phones and games for them (not to mention I didn't want to do everything myself), the project was abandoned.

And this is the remake of old DOS game "Star Control":
ImageImage
I made the graffix and Kale started working on the code, but then we went to faculties and this project remained unfinished.

Postby MrHoboX » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:02 pm

PACT looks kinda cool!
_-The Official Trademarks Of MrHoboX-
(AWESOME TO THE MAX!/*Thumbs Up)
Note: Use of these without the express written consent of MrHoboX, will result in Disemboweling, survivors will be burnt, if you survive that then you my friend get pie... Sweet sexy pie.

Postby Black » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:57 am

@MrHoboX: Thanks. I wish Kale and I completed it...

Also, here is that "WMP Hole" picture, in tga format:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u6cgxo
Photobucket and Imageshack don't allow tga images, so I put it on sendspace. Like I said before, if you play something in "Windows Media Player" and you open this image, you can see through the image viewing program and all opened windows and see the movie in eye's iris. It is succesfully tested and works on "Media Player Classic" and "Windows Media Player 11". I was also working on something similar for "Real Media Player".

<EDIT>
Damn sendspace! They deleted the file, 'cause they put it on "for a limited amount of time", so I had to re-upload it!
Also, I'm thinking about changing my signature. It'll have a picture-link to my Art Thread. Now, to get back to work...

<EDIT2>
Here's my new signature, made with "Paint" and "PowerPoint 2003":

Re: BLAck'z ART => WMP Hole

Postby Black » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:14 pm

O-key! Haven't been on forum for a while, 'cause I don't have 'net at home and ONLY 'net place in town doesn't allow double-click and "Open in new Window", "New Tab" functions, etc. Luckily, I'm getting cable 'net in my hometown in few days, so I'll probably post more often.

Okay, here goes: This is a self-portrait (I haven't shaved in a while >.< ):
This is illustration of another of my dreams. If all people had dreams like mine, there would be no need for television and computer games lol . I'm the guy seen from behind, of course... dressed all in white, with bright white energy ball in my hand... I don't get that - I always wear black, so why the heck was I dressed all white in this dream!?
The idea for this came to me one day, so I drew it. I guess gun could've been done better...
This is how I felt the day I drew it:
Astral Drops of girls from "W.I.T.C.H." comics. There was a similar picture in issue called "Rebel Souls", but I changed their positions and clothing. It was supposed to have real W.I.T.C.H. girls on top, but I never got myself to finish it...
...And last, but not least, here's Bomberman as seen on NES cover, SEGA and on X-Box 360.

Postby Faust777 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:49 pm

Still improvin lots :D
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, sit back, relax, and let the world wonder how the fuck you did it.
My art thread~
Nabichan: Seriously, you are the epitome of all that is awesome in the world
Dinosaurpirate: Well yeah, could anyone so weird be anything BUT an artist?
Vegedus: Theres only rape is theres a tentacle monster
Mcdurg:@Faust: Win.
Fenrisulfrhell, even if i broke one of my arms, i still have the other one, two legs, an elbow, a head, two knees, my hips, and my feet to beat their ass
Prinny Captain

Postby Black » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:02 am

Thanks. I should get cable 'net soon, so I'll upadate more often. There are some sketches I didn't upload, 'cause they just didn't look good enough to me, but I'll probably upload something during next 3 days.

Postby Black » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:39 pm

I FINALLY got cable 'net! (2 and half weeks later than I was supposed to...) I'll visit forums much more often from now on. Anyway, I haven't done much drawing worth uploading lately.
First 2 are pictures of android called Robo-Icy. Why he is mummified is kinda long story...
And Nick from my "D.C.T.":
Other than these I made few more sketches, but nothing interesting. I scrapped few drawings and CG projects 'cause I didn't like how they turned out and life-sized poster is on-hold because my coloring supplies were misplaced while I was away from town.

Postby Black » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:36 pm

Here's the w.i.p. Mad Cat I'm working on for C.Y., made in "PowerPoint 2003". It's only basic model, I need to finish texture & details, as well as get a fitting background.
I'll probably finish it by tomorrow.

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:26 pm

Wha? Is not 3D?
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Postby Black » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:32 pm

Here's the finished version of 'Mad Cat' for C.Y.:
Click on image for larger view.

I worked based on in-game model of MadCat from "MechWarrior 3" and I realised how different it is compared to the MadCat in game's intro, the one in "MechWarrior 4" and the one in "Mech Commander 2". I found at least 5 or 6 different versions of it on 'net...

@Mir@k: No, it's not real 3D, only made to look like it.

Postby Black » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:54 am

Here's the comparison between the MadCat from game's intro (left) and the in-game version (right).
Click on image for larger view.

PreviousNext

Return to Art