The X Institute OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: The X Institute OOC: Next Issue Begins

Postby Fellguarde » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:42 pm

It is the way C/Gers use it >.>'. According the K’Dash and his posts it must burn at something in the region over 9000 degrees…

-facepalm-

Postby Imenak » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:54 pm

Info: Storyline wise, the teams will be provided with the blue prints of the hospital and warehouse to act as a crude map. IRL, I would think you guys will know what a warehouse and hospital look like =P. If anything, I'm sure the "special people" will have no problem in shoving you in the direction they want you to take.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Aura » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:27 pm

So Dawn sticks with it? Well, if I don't come with anything cool and flashy I guess it's fine ;)

Postby Glacier » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:30 pm

I'm using my PSP to post this right now, but I'll keep up reading wise. I'm out of town, so no more posts till sunday night for me.

Postby Dorian » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:20 am

I have to say I don't understand Koren's thought process at all.

Is he really that smart to where not allowing him to be leader is severely detrimental to the squad, is he not used to taking orders or is he just a jerk? Heh.

Don't mistake this for taking personal offense or anything, just don't really get it or why he's suddenly thinking he's not on the team. Is it because he thinks they don't listen to him? Did he forget they utilized his plan in the Danger Room? Why is he comparing John's thoughts to Miranda's, they're not even remotely similar.
Never asked for this
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Jay » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:24 am

Cas clearly skims a lot.

More time to put more words into his post, after all. ^_~
みんなのモデレーターToastCrustだよ★
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | Tumblr | MAL

Postby Cascade » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:57 am

Dorian wrote:I have to say I don't understand Koren's thought process at all.

Is he really that smart to where not allowing him to be leader is severely detrimental to the squad, is he not used to taking orders or is he just a jerk? Heh.

Don't mistake this for taking personal offense or anything, just don't really get it or why he's suddenly thinking he's not on the team. Is it because he thinks they don't listen to him? Did he forget they utilized his plan in the Danger Room? Why is he comparing John's thoughts to Miranda's, they're not even remotely similar.

Well, it's a combination of things.
Although he's intelligent and thinks he should be leader, he also is afraid that his powers will fail him, or that his plan will lead to someone's injury. So he wants responsibility but is afraid of it at the same time. He is also concerned that he will become irrelevant because the last mission, almost every suggestion he made was turned down, save for his last, snap decision, which no one had a chance to object to, and which was the one he was by far the most unsatisfied with.

Probably most importantly, his powers, at least the exterior manifestation of them, are diminishing, not getting stronger, like the other team-members, and thus he is starting to worry that he'll be marginalized and useless, as well as unable to protect the others, despite the huge leaps he's made in manipulating his ability to its fullest extent. Being a pessimist, he can ignore positive things and be overly concerned over failures.

He also recognizes the complication of having "two leaders," so while he believes he is more capable, he also thinks it's wrong for him to challenge John (Though since he is already used to this set-up of being the "valedictorian," his force of habit is awfully strong. So he figures that the only person he can be responsible for is Noel, since it complicates things to have two people giving different orders to the same members of a squad, and at the same time, he is insulted that his opinions are not heard or his attention to detail is ignored, and to keep himself in check, he thinks "well, they don't want my opinion anyways; whatever, I'll just take care of myself and Noel." Of course, he cares too much about the others to allow this to happen. So what he thought in my last post wasn't very honest with himself.
The comparison between Miranda and John is not a matter of thought. Miranda said that particular phrase, which pissed Koren off because of his beliefs. He figures if that is the attitude people take, there always has to be someone less moral behind them cleaning up the things they ignore or overlook, and he's willing to do it if necessary, since he thinks it'll happen to him, but he's strict on himself and thus the idea is repulsive to him. In other words, Koren believes that if the others fail, he will be the one who is ultimately successful, but it'll have to be through some underhanded way that he'll regret later.
It isn't that Koren won't take orders, but that he doesn't want to take orders from someone who is not professional or worthy of leadership.

Complicating all of this is the fact that his mind is influenced by what is basically a totally amoral analytical thought-process independant of his mind, which doesn't have any desire other than to win at all costs. Thus he is compelled to find it difficult to tolerate something that it would percieve as detremental to their chances.

It shouldn't take this long to explain though, so I'm sorry about that. On closer examination, I believe that was one of my worse posts. ^_^'
It's hard for me to manage all the different things, since I have to juggle who he is developing into, who he was before he went to the institute, what he has forgotten, and what is influencing him, all at once, and mash it into one, hopefully cohesive, whole.
FUKKATSU

Postby BG07 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:03 am

So uhh... what're the newbies going to be doing while everyone else is off on their mission? >.> Just hangin out?

Last I saw there were only about four of us, one of which is still inside of their room.

Postby Glahardt » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:45 am

BG07 wrote:So uhh... what're the newbies going to be doing while everyone else is off on their mission? >.> Just hangin out?
What else?

Postby Hana » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:05 am

Do not begrudge the time of character interaction, yo.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Cascade » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:20 pm

Do what I did... er. Maybe. Have them go someplace.
FUKKATSU

Postby BG07 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:41 pm

Hey now... I was just saying how there's only so much that we can do with character interaction before it becomes nothing more than ping-ponging and senseless banter... especially when there's only like four people involved...

And Cas... we're kinda 'restricted' to the grounds... buttttt... Mickey wasn't much for following the rules >.>

Hey Imenak... what kind of consequences would there be if Mickey were to leave the grounds at a time like this? =3

Postby Hana » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:53 pm

There's lots of stuff you can do on the grounds. Heck, have a picnic, or play some tennis or something. Watch a movie.

It's a mansion with expansive grounds....There's a billion things to do.

Sit on the roof and talk. Have them see the Blackbird take off.

Play chess. Or Scattergories. Or go-fish.

Or Truth-or-Dare.

Have them wander the dorms and peek into people's rooms. (just be sure to poke each of us in turn if we're not paying attention and it comes time for us to describe our room.)

Sneak down into the sub basement.

Wander into the Professor's office.

There's a bazillion things to do on the grounds. Just be creative.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Imenak » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:25 pm

This is why I specifically warned the new people about making their characters entirely new to the institute. I did mention that by selecting this path, you'd have to sit out of the next mission entirely and probably won't see action until after Issue 7 (I think I copy and pasted the same PM to everyone 8D). Anyways, leaving the grounds would be similar to breaking a school rule, so things like detention would be one punishment. Being grounded to just his room could be another.

I'd honestly just stay on the grounds and do a few things that Hana mentioned. There's a lot of stuff to do on the Mansion grounds, but no one ever bothers to make use of it. For example, there's also a cove and a lake one can make use of. And don't be afraid to do what Mk did and make up a few NPCs to mess with. Obviously you shouldn't go crazy with that idea, and practically make them into a second character or something. Or create too many. You can even say that the grounds have a ping pong table or a pool table, as long as you don't make it ridiculous.

Use that creativity! You can even have Mickey devastate the students with his prowess in gambling. Just remember that I've pretty much let you guys do whatever you want as long as you weren't stupid about it, or followed whatever minimum requirement I asked you to satisfy.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Jay » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:34 pm

They should wander around school aimlessly and find the Danger Room.

With the lack of staff about...
みんなのモデレーターToastCrustだよ★
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | Tumblr | MAL

Postby Aura » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:03 pm

That sounds like problems...

Anyway, sneaking in the rooms is quite a funnt idea, then we (the ones in the mission) may have a chance tod escribe how our characters' rooms are.

Postby Cascade » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:14 pm

Haha, if you leave your doors unlocked, that is.
FUKKATSU

Postby Aura » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:22 pm

Well, Mickey is with them, they should have an easy way trying to enter...and it's not like they would start messing with the rooms...right?

Postby k-hallowseve » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:07 am

Hey, Imenak; mind if I try to take on a second character? She probably won’t be my main character; I’m way too attached to my other brainchild for that. But she might be good for some filler when Ani’s being particularly antisocial, and… well, I thought a femme fatale belonged here somewhere, since it’s based off the Marvel universes. XD

Name: Sadie DeLisle

Appearance: 5’7”, curvaceous, and very aware of it. In fact, she may be mistaken for a twenty-year-old occasionally because of her mature build. She keeps her long dark hair down, and has a tendency to flip it unconsciously as though it’s in her face—even when it’s not. She prefers clothes that show off her figure, and lends much of her style to Industrial Goth: boots, leather, vinyl, buckles and long, tailored fabrics. Her most memorable feature, however, might be her voice, which is resonatingly low, a bit matronly, and slightly sultry.

Personality: Sadie is a woman of action. She spends a lot of time training for combat, since she seems destined for it. She can also be a bit seductive, and may seem like a flirt, but whether she does it purposefully to get attention or subconsciously to keep people at a manageable distance is not clear. She seems to always be searching for something, though she never bothers divulging her inner workings to others. Though her motives aren’t always clear, she has an apparent sense of loyalty and single-minded determination.
I'm not dead! I'm getting better... >.>
----
Þæt fram hám gefrægn Higeláces þegn
gód mid Géatum, Grendles daéda•
sé wæs moncynnes mægenes strengest
on þaém dæge þysses lífes
æþele ond éacen•
----
Elemental Academy CS #1, #2 | X Institute CS #1, #2 | Totem RP CS
The wandering hobo.

Postby Imenak » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:42 am

We've talked a lot about your character khallows. So, based on that, I'll accept this second character. Since this issue is a little unique on how it works, you can start posting whenever.
My Characters' Endings

Postby BG07 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:43 am

MkAura wrote:Well, Mickey is with them, they should have an easy way trying to enter...and it's not like they would start messing with the rooms...right?

If Mickey tries to open a door... it'll probably be unlocked... if it's not unlocked, then he can unlock it >.> that's just how he rolls...

And yeah I guess I can figure out something to do, it shouldn't be too hard.

Oh god... Mickey is going to have soooo much fun with Hallow's new character... heh

Added after 19 minutes:

Also two words for when Mickey breaks into someone's room... Panty Raid XD

Postby Aura » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:25 pm

Then forget about entering the rooms. >.<

Postby Chaotic_Redder » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:40 pm

....oh wow...great. Lets hope it's the comic book one and not the video game one....that one had the boomsticks when he came back.
Garren Lagann - Proving that sometimes, yelling and pointing is all you need to do to be completely awesome.

Postby BG07 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:19 am

Question... who would want to see Mickey sneaking into their room? =3

Postby Glahardt » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:12 am

D:
DO NOT WANT.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing