BLAck'z ART => Farewell to Snafu (19th Mar 2013)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

BLAck'z ART => Farewell to Snafu (19th Mar 2013)

Postby Black » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:00 pm

I tried to create this thread before, but I was automatically logged out before I posted it. Okay, here goes...
I'm studying 250 kilometers away from my hometown and I don't have my own computer here. I usually go to my hometown every month or two. Since I have a computer and scanner there, you can expect updates about every month.
Since "session expired" last time I tried to make this thread and I'm in a hurry right now, here's something to get the thread started:
ImageImage
Are they cute or are they kawaii lol ?
I'll upload few dozen more images as soon as I can.
Last edited by Black on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 159 times in total.
Click to visit my art thread.

Postby DarkCrystal65 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:40 pm

hmm... It looks good. Still I think the tiger looks like he's daydreaming.
The Darkness in our Hearts....
Improving myself in every picture but I need critics so please comment.

My Art Thread

Re: BLAck'z ART

Postby Black » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:14 am

@DarkCrystal65: lol Well, he's taking a bath. Why wouldn't he relax and daydream?

As I promised, here are few dozen more drawings:

I made this few years ago. It's a sketch of a cover of a comic I was planning on making "Demon Rebelion". Never actually made the comics, but I used the characters and story later in one of my newer comics.
This is my first (and for now only) drawing I made completely on computer. I entered one of the unoffical contests here with this. It's Chii, from manga "Chobits".
This was supposed to be my entry in "Challenge Yourself", but I didn't get a scanner on time. Never actually finished the shading, too... This is Windy, from my comic "Espers". Since I made "Espers" in elementary school, I had to make a whole new design and add a lot more details.

*Now, these are the drawings I made during reccess' between lessons at faculty. They are all drawn in my own style - a combination of western and eastern drawing styles, with some of my elements.
This is Stone, from my comic "Espers", heavily damaged and burned.
Another 2 characters from "Espers": Fuku and Crash.
ImageImage
This is character from the Flash game I'm working on: "D.C.T." (Demon Control Team). He's name is Nick. He can turn into a creature that controls fire, nicknamed Flamy.
ImageImage
This is Ramrod, a racecar driver from my comic "Max's Racers".
This is the eye of cyborg Windy, from "Espers". The guy whose reflection can be seen is called Robo-Icy.
This is one of the villains from "D.C.T.". Her name is Charm. She wears all that jewlry to increase her powers.
This is a character from my never-made comic "Demon Rebelion". Her name is Fallen Angel. She may look cute, but don't be decieved. She often mislead her enemies to think that she is harmless and when their guard is down, she takes them out.
ImageImage
These are characters from "Espers". Their names are (from left to right): Stormy, Icy and Eddy. Stormy can generate electricity, Icy can manifest ice and Eddy can change shape.
ImageImage
And these are the fighting scenes with characters from "Espers":
ImageImageImage

*This is draft of fighting scene with characters from "D.C.T.". I've actually made the finished version, but you'll have to wait until I go back to my hometown, since my scanner is there...

*This is the cover of comic I'm working on: "M.A.T." (Manga Acceptance Tournament). It is currently on-hold and if I get a better computer and adequate software, I might actually make a movie instead.
M.A.T. (Manga Acceptance Tournament)
Anyway, here is the story: There are characters from 8 dimensions, which represent comics, stories, animations and games I made. Basically, all of them are contestants in the M.A.T. tournament so they could save their dimensions, although the story is more complicated... The characters that are appearing are from the following dimensions:
1) Espers - Comic about teenagers with super-human powers and their battles against villains.
2) Army of Glory - (Comic) In last decade of 20th century, archeologysts discover the ruins of an old temple and accidentally release the creatures that were held prisoned there for last 500 years. Now, its up to our time's teenagers and 500-years-old warriors to stop them...
3) Max's Racers - (Comic) Story about car races and their drivers.
4) Demon Rebelion - (Never made comic [story]) Darkness and evil are not the same thing - medieval story about dark good-guys and light bad-guys - do not judge a person by his looks, appearence can be decieving...
5) Alien Wars - Characters are from the animation I made in "Power Point 97" while I was in elementary school. Earthlings descover the Aliens' plan to destroy the Earth and send their best pilots to Alien Spacecraft-City to stop them...
6) Yamb Groove - (Comic) My attempt of creating a comedy. A story about the anty-terrorist unit unlike any you have ever seen - every character is nuttier than the last.
7) D.C.T. (Demon Control Team) - (Flash game) D.C.T. is the organisation that keeps non-human creatures and magic under control and as a secret. Story follows the girl who was saved by D.C.T. from weird people with super-human powers (Or at least it was supposed to when I was planning to make a comic).
8) Personality Collector - (Unfinished story) Story about a man who lost parts of his personality when they were embodied (when parts of his personality got human bodies). Blank is trying to find and absorb parts of his personality so he can be whole again, but finding them is not the only problem - some embodiments don't want to lose their bodies and will...
-) Except for these, there are lots of other characters appearing in comic. I think the most interesting would be "Letter Ninjas", who are created from the doodles I drew when I was 3 lol .

*Coming Soon: I'm currently working on comic I named "DSBSOV stories". It's basically a story about me and my friends playing games, but our "tactics" can sometimes be "interesting" sometimes...
"Saga 1: Multiplayer" will have the following chapters in it:
1) Metal Fatigue;
2) Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast;
3) Mech Warrior 3;
4) Populous: The Beginning;
5) Alien Versus Predator 2;
6) Abomination: The Nemesis Project;
7) Dungeon Keeper 2;

Postby ROCKWELL » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:17 am

anatomy and porportion.
Rockwells arts n comics
"Lord Soth"--It's just so bland without you here. Spam forum without Rockwell is not win.
"krimson-Death"--...Ur probably one of the best artists ive seen on snafu...
"ZoulArt"-- I've read your comics and your a super mega awsome comic artist...Your getting better and better at what you do so keep it up!
"teran4ever"--No one cares if you are a skilled artist, you are a total douche.
"Brax4"--Rockwell, seriously, your comics rock, probably one of my favorite artists on the site...
"EagleMan"--Congratulations rockwell. You have become a legend to these people...
"whispersoul"--Woah, Rockwell. Awesome works. It's been a while since I've seen your arts. and I'm glad that your talents are still the shit.
"Boymonkey130"--Rockwell....Your crap flies forth at mach speed. It destroys all in its path, and... then catches fire, obliterating those who oppose you. I WORSHIP your crap.

Postby Black » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:07 am

Rockwell wrote:anatomy and porportion.

Those are the aspects that I did wrong?

Postby Black » Sat May 05, 2007 3:27 am

I just returned from my hometown, so I'll post the images I scanned.

*Okay, these are the drawings I made during reccess' between lessons on my faculty:
Alright, here's the finished version of "Kage VS Fire-Fists".
This is the comparison of masked blade-users from my comics.
This is my attempt at making abstract art - it's a wall with the hole in it with wires and cables all over.
This is a picture made after an animation I made in "Microsoft PowerPoint 97" when I was in elementary school.
This is Crash from my comic "Espers". Reflection in mirror is her powered-up version.
"Justice is served!"
ImageImage
This is a draft of a robot-band I thought up one evening.
These are characters from my "D.C.T.".
Tese 2 pictures are worth 1000 words each, and even more together. You just have to understand them...
ImageImage
This is a close-up of mechanical hand from "Helping Hand" picture, only opened up. You can see every single resistor, capacitor, transistor, etc.;

*This is the computer-made version of "Helping Hand". I made it using "Microsoft PowerPoint 97", "Microsoft Photo Editor 97" and "Microsoft Paint". I wanted to show what could be made without any expensive software - it didn't take much time to do it, too.
This is a female version of Cyborg from "Teen Titans" which I entered in "Challenge Yourself".

**DSBSOV stories
I was planning on posting the first chapter, but I haven't finished it because I had to study for my mid-term exams. Anyway, here it is:
ImageImageImageImageImage
There won't be any updates for at least a month. Read you then!

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Sat May 05, 2007 12:20 pm

You forgot to make her black! :O
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Postby Black » Sun May 06, 2007 1:57 am

Actually, I couldn't find the right color and I had to finish up quickly, because I had to go to sleep because I had to travel back to city where my faculty is and bus was going really early in the morning, so I didn't actually have a chance to finish it. I wanted to add more details and I was even planning on doing all the Teen Titans, but I just didn't have the time. I'm always in a hurry when I'm in my hometown, 'cause I go there once in a month or two and stay there for only 3 to 5 days.

Postby Black » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:33 am

Long time no updating... Exams, no scanner, etc.; Anyway...

These are designs for "Bomberman" and "Lode Runner" from NES, for their appearence in my comic "DSBSOV Stories":
ImageImageImage
For those of you who don't know, all those signs on the uniform and items are actually the power-ups from the game. This is what 'Bomberman' and 'Lode Runner' look like on NES:
ImageImage
This is my drawing style evolution - from age3 to age19 :) :
This is Serbian soldier from 'World War I'. I was making it for a contest, but group leader didn't think it was good enough.
There is more, but I'll need to upload some of them again, imageshack.us deleted some of them for some reason! Read you later.

Postby nabichan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:40 am

Nice works! Man, you draw a lot! You seem to draw really fast too!

Postby Nox » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:03 pm

You got me beat on enthusiasm alone ^^
I like the starfire/cyborg ver.

Postby MrHoboX » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:48 pm

You draw superfast it seems. Kinda jealous, Im so slow.
_-The Official Trademarks Of MrHoboX-
(AWESOME TO THE MAX!/*Thumbs Up)
Note: Use of these without the express written consent of MrHoboX, will result in Disemboweling, survivors will be burnt, if you survive that then you my friend get pie... Sweet sexy pie.

Postby Faust777 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:54 pm

Spankin'!!!(a good thing) Work dood!!!!!
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, sit back, relax, and let the world wonder how the fuck you did it.
My art thread~
Nabichan: Seriously, you are the epitome of all that is awesome in the world
Dinosaurpirate: Well yeah, could anyone so weird be anything BUT an artist?
Vegedus: Theres only rape is theres a tentacle monster
Mcdurg:@Faust: Win.
Fenrisulfrhell, even if i broke one of my arms, i still have the other one, two legs, an elbow, a head, two knees, my hips, and my feet to beat their ass
Prinny Captain

Postby Black » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:01 am

Thank you everyone for your comments, I really appreciate them. And about my drawing speed... It's mostly because I prefer quantity over quality. I mostly do drawings with 'low amount of details', so I make them relatively fast.
I forgot to put the comic with which I won "Challenge Yourself" 3 weeks ago:
In December 2006., my friends and I have started our forum. I made few pictures showing what was happening with it:
First we were on free server, but it wasn't very stable. And above all - it had really bad site security, so we had many bots on our forum, posting... "commercials". So, Administrator possessed Coa Smor (Our administrator is actually an account, not a real person, but it is used by Coa Smor in case of emergency) and starteed e-mail, domain, IP and name banning and deleting bot accounts and I (since I'm a moderator, not administrator there) started deleting their topics and posts. But, it didn't stop them...
Then, we finally bought server space and got better site and forum security.
So, now that security is much better, there is only one thing left to do... Gather people.
lol Anyway, it's a Serbian site, so it probably won't interest you (because you won't understand anything). The whole "Join Aplorum" picture was just a joke.

Postby I like pie » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:51 am

Cool work there!! I especially like the helping hand. ^^

Postby MrHoboX » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:55 am

I like the comic, it's actually funny (A rare thing.)
_-The Official Trademarks Of MrHoboX-
(AWESOME TO THE MAX!/*Thumbs Up)
Note: Use of these without the express written consent of MrHoboX, will result in Disemboweling, survivors will be burnt, if you survive that then you my friend get pie... Sweet sexy pie.

Postby Black » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:30 pm

I finally got on-line. Last time I got a hold of a computer connected to Internet, I couldn't open snafu forum. Was server down, or was it something else? Oh, well. Anyway...

I finally uploaded these 2 pictures I made 2 months ago:
This is a comparison between my and anime drawing style:
This is what the cover of my comic "MSS team" would look like in anime style:

These 3 pictures were supposed to be in "Challenge Yourself", but thanks to the unfortunate chain of events, they were not uploaded.
This is "Captain Caveman" done in my drawing style:
These are "Almost-Realistic Tom & Jerry":
And this is "Almost-Realistic Top Cat":

This is Robo-Icy, a character from my old comic "Espers". This picture is a comparison of few drawing styles:
This is the sea animal I saw in encyclopedia. It lives in seas of Japan.
And this is a common wasp.

And this last thing is a Flash animation. It was supposed to be GIF, but SWF takes up much less space. It was made frame-by-frame in "Power Point 97".

Postby MKU1TR4 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:41 pm

Top Cat!
Man I feel old...
Semisentient

Postby leddkire » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:12 pm

Wow that animation must have taken a heck of a long time if you did it on powerpoint. I remember doing some stuff there, but what you did here is amazing.

Postby Black » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:25 am

@MKU1TR4: Um... Okay...
@leddkire: Thanks. I had the hand I made for "Helping Hand" already, so I used it for this animation (without few details). Making of the hand took me about 1 h and making this animation from it in "Power Point 97" took about 1h 30 min. Or was it 1-45...? Anyway, like I said I did everything frame-by-frame and later put it all together to make the animation, then converted it to SWF to use up less space. I'm glad you liked it.

Postby MKU1TR4 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:21 pm

Sorry, haven't seen the show in years...
Just thought it was coo.
Semisentient

Postby Black » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:13 am

Heh... Thanks. And I know what you mean, I haven't seen it for a long time too. I made it for "Challenge Yourself" with the theme "old cartoons in your own style", but I didn't post them, like I said before.

Also, I forgot to post this last time:
It didn't quite turn out the way I planed, but - oh, well.
This one didn't turn out well either, but... here it is:

Postby Black » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:30 am

Okay, there are few things that happened...
First, I've changed my drawing style from "semi-chibified" to "semi-realistic". Now, characters have more realistic anatomy and more details.
imageshack.us is not quite reliable, so I switched to photobucket.com, but photobucket doesn't have thumbnail code, so I had to make one myself.
ALL NON-ANIMATED IMAGES ARE THUMBNAILS, CLICK FOR A LARGER VIEW.

Okay, this first thing is a drawing I made 2 years ago.
Now for the new drawings. Here are 3 drawings of my dreams (The wierdest ones I had last 10 years).
Grim Reaper in an elevator coming out from the ground!
Guy standing upside-down on a balcony on a building.
This was the funniest dream I ever had. The guy in front of me is one of my friends - with a shirt that says "Don't worry - be hippie!". I am a Predator whose arms you can see. Most of the dream I was trying to figure out how the hell do you operate predator's computer. After about an hour, I still couldn't figure it out.
Okay, this is a realistic version of Robo-Icy, one of my characters.
Hand in Hand with Technology. I kinda screwed it up because I left too small space for their hands, so I used the computer to stretch their right arms, but now their upper-right arms are a bit too wide...
These 2 are practice sketches. First one is a 12-minute self-portrait and the second one is the human eye.
ImageImage
This is Nijuni, character from a story I've been working on past few years.
Fight between A02 and Extendor, characters from my "D.C.T." story.

<EDIT>
Forgot to say that I won't be doing CGI with "PowerPoint '97" anymore...
Now I'll be doing it in "PowerPoint '03" ^_^ . I had problems with my computer, but fixing those would cost more than buying a new one, so my parents bought a new one. Windows XP :'( ... I really don't like XP... '98 rules! lol Anyway, I'll probably start working in some 3D graffix program instead of "PowerPoint '03", but - oh,well. We'll see. Still don't have Internet connection in my hometown, though...

Postby MKU1TR4 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:36 am

Lordy, you draw a lot...

Good stuff, though, I really like the upside-down guy, and I notice the Reaper's elevator goes sideways...o.O

I'm digging the angles in the last one, too. Keep practicing drawing people from the side, though, they look jus' a bit off.

Like I said, good stuff.
Semisentient

Postby Black » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:07 am

Thanks, MKU1TR4. I don't draw that much anymore, I simply upload every month or so, so it looks like it when I post 10 images at once. I draw 1 pic every 2 or 3 days, depending on how much time I have. Now I've got exams coming, so there won't be anything new for at least next 2 or 3 weeks. And about me practicing drawing people from the side - I know. I made his chin too long and hair too low, as if his hair is long, but doesn't have a volume... It didn't turn out well, but I'll make a better one next time, since I know what I did wrong.
And I found this on one of my CDs - a thing I made 2 or 3 years ago:
The kid holding the dog is from farming simulator "Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town" from GBA and people bowing to the dog are from PC strategy game "Populous: The Beginning". I called this animation "Populous3: The Friends of Mineral Town". ALL HAIL THE DOG!!! lol

Next

Return to Art