RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Gias » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:58 am

I've noticed one or two people will create a role play or board on here, and sometimes it never ends up taking off. I thought, maybe if people got together, and helped each other make up ideas and plan out role plays, it would be easier to gather members and start off on a good leg.

Thats the purpose of this board. Post your ideas, then people can help each other tweak them, decide what their going to do, and things like that, before you go making more sign-up boards, or empty rp boards. If more than the OP (original poster) create the setting, story, etc, then maybe more members will end up joining. I know thats how it usually happens, but having one board for that could really clean things up a bit.

It also doesn't have to be just that. Posting ideas at all would be good enough, and here are a few of mine to break the proverbial ice:

Tenchi Muyo Inn: I was in a MIRC rp like this a long, long time ago, and it worked really well. You take maybe one or two of the main Tenchi characters, and the fact that weird people end up there anyhow, almost any cartoon/anime character from any universe can be added. The one I was in ran 'Man/Woman of the Universe' pageants, and other fun things too, not to mention all the battles. It was a blast, and maybe we could start something like this.

Full Metal Alchemist: Heres another RP I haven't seen here. The shows writing and characters are really colorful, maybe something like this would be fun. It's also a really cool universe.

So what do you all think, and what are some of your ideas?
"After all that... I still think your annoying." -Sasuke

Postby Icerider » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:14 am

Gias, if this takes off, I'll bow down before you as the ultimate communicationry idol. Thargor and I tried this as well, with elements of Soul Reaver inserted into it (the Spectral Plane). Almost no-one replied to either of us. I'd love it if one of these could kick off, but it seems almost impossible.
Just call me Ice

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Gias » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:26 am

I don't see why people woulden't wanna pool ideas to make killer Rps. Might not work, but if it did it would be pretty cool.

Postby Icerider » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:34 am

I know, it's sad, isn't it? These are the RP forums, and people don't want to make a kickass RP. It's really sad.
Just call me Ice

Postby Gias » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:36 am

Thats why someone needs to whup em into shape! I mean, there are allot of good players, and a couple good ones going around, but everything is all seperated. If the good players could get together and start brainstorming, there could be a more active rp that people like me, who get bored fast with the lack of posts, could go to. Somthing freeform, but that could be molded by all members, like the tenchi one I mentioned before. That rocked.

Postby Icerider » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:42 am

The best RPers that I know of on here are probably Haro, Hasegawa Rayven, and Rap Scallion. That's the quick list. If all of them would adventure ideas, this RP would become easily the best one on here.(I won't add myself because I'm not up myself, and I don't count myself as really good.)

Added after 1 minutes:

I almost forgot Shiro X in that list.
Just call me Ice

Postby Gias » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:43 am

Only name I know is Shiro, but I don't care about the best, I just want to see 'good' rpers help out. I mean, we coulden't have a rp with just them.

Postby Angelin » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:48 am

For what i have readed in the last threads about Actions Rp's is that it doesn't really got a story and it starts to fade away the hope of making one after like 3 fights in a row... Thats what i remember of one of the posts...

Postby Gias » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:56 am

Well for a good story, for one you need it to be character formed, or a story that you can follow. Following a story is easier, but if you get at least one good player to be a leading villian, and one good player to play a leading 'hero' of sorts, then the action can stay fresh...

Only problem is, everyone wants to be the lead, on either side. Thats what I see ruining things like this most... Thats why freeform, again like the tenchi one I mentioned, work out well. There isn't a large point of conflict, everyone just roleplays relationships. People would fight in the rp, and later be drinking tea together. It was also more light-hearted, which helps.

Added after 4 minutes:

Thats why freeform like that are good also, there is no need for a lead. Everyone plays their own lead, and people can group up how they want.

Postby Angelin » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:01 am

YOu know what really makes some people not accept other characters...?

Because there have been some people arround here that keep on using hte same character in every thread with the same purpose making it annoying and we are having this problem too about nebies in the section of RP that they don't know even how to RP and go and make a character out of no where without all the information that is needed...

We try to help sometimes but how i always say... "I don't got much patience..." and then they just put me to the meanie list .

*goes to a corner and cries in her chibi form*

Postby Icerider » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:03 am

That's the great thing about Rifts and D&D. I mean, the GM (DM in D&D) can have characters that nickname you. One of my characters in nicknamed "The Falcon" in a Rifts game right now. He has that name because he has an Angelic, yet deadly suit of power armour that he flies around in to get to places (It's deadly because it has railguns instead of forearm blasters). That's the best thing about Freeforms. Bad things include:Godmoders, spoilsports, etc. If you get some really good ideas, and it's in the style I like; not to mention if it's something I actually know anything about, I'll join.
Just call me Ice

Postby Gias » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:11 am

Could always try to submit ideas. Thats what this is for, and yeah, that happens in most rps. Why I generally just play my mmo nowdays.

Look you bastards, you made some girl I don't know cry! Be ashamed!

Postby Icerider » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:15 am

It's alright, Angie. *Comforts*
Just call me Ice

Postby Angelin » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:17 am

*still crying some, sniff* "its just... That i try to be patience sometimes and then from no where i start to sound harsh and then they go and call me names and say i am a meanie and...and.. its not fair!" *continues crying*

Postby Gias » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:19 am

Someone told me somthing once, and it might console you in this time of need... I don't know how you must feel right now, but yaknow... Screw it. Their dead and your not.

Postby Angelin » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:21 am

stupid comp <,<
Last edited by Angelin on Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Gias » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:22 am

Now your freaking me out... Is there somthing your not telling me? Some hidden truth yu wont reveal? Don't try and spare my feelings damnit!

Postby Angelin » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:23 am

Nop, just that i am mean sometimes o.x'' but i really don't want to be... I TRY NOT TO BE o.o

Postby Gias » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:29 am

I'm pretty mean sometimes, but only if they ask for it. If theres a noob, and their not willing to learn, they deserve a verbal beating... If it's another case, I'm usually a nice guy.

Added after 28 seconds:

Hell, scratch that. Im an asshole. :snoogins:

Postby Verec » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:28 am

Back on topic, I had an Idea for a futuristic game, using material developed by a friend. It had cyborgs, mecha, fighter, giant starships you name it. The downside was noone wanted to play it and it got sent strait to the bottom and ignored because it didn't have a big name attached. Anyways I fyou feel like dredging for the setting data it is available in it's totality at here and in a compressed form with less crunch here.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Jay » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:59 pm

Well, you mentioned an FMA RP, that'd work out but I'd recommend the use a separate story from the anime. Maybe even RP out the game which does take place within the anime timeline, and did a pretty good job of sticking into the story. Also, you'll need a handful of RPers who know the anime front and back, as to eliminate people who don't know everything fully and start running around with philosopher's stones in their heads or red stones in their arms or something. It's sad really, then the people who do know get to point and laugh as major points of the anime gets completely spoiled as we catch up with the anime and then some. The problem with this is, I personally don't want to see a FMA RP go down in flames, but if we work it out right we could do it. We just need to steady the amount of people whom join and make sure their characters are compatible with that facts that people whom have watched the whole anime or read the whole manga know. As for a good starting point, we'll get maybe a small platoon of state alchemists and what not under the control of our good friend Roy Mustang and that cast. We may interact with major characters occassionally but never actually have a person control them for an extended period of time. As for the plot, as long as it doesn't screw with the existing plot, it should be as freeform as we want. We would probably be able to drive a story out of simply anything not really covered by the anime/manga. Like maybe for the first mission, Roy sends us to Heissgart (PS2 game) to investigate a rumour of a large number of chimeras appearing. We go there, have a little run for our money, then promptly report back which means our characters in a way set up the story arc for the video game itself giving a feeling of importance. We could also be sent to Lior after Ed and Al leave it due to some insecurities from Roy and find that there's a civil war going on. We report back and end up causing the army's involvement with it and then after some famous crying and "Oh god, what have we done" scenes... I don't know. But there should be more then enough basis to start up a freeform. Obviously, the people who know the anime/manga inside out would have to keep a close eye on the happenings just to make sure that they don't completely screw up the existing story. Yep, that's about it.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Wizard » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:11 pm

:ogle:

You watch FMA toooo much...

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:40 pm

I'm probably Going to Start up My Nanotech RP pretty soon. Ice and Thargor should remember what I'm talking about anyway.
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby Icerider » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:43 pm

I do. I'll join it. Could you post a CS template please, so I can plan my character?
Just call me Ice

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:59 pm

I Did. It's in the remnants of your old Ideas thread.

Added after 3 minutes:

I'll give you guys a Sample CS for the Nanotech RP.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The Classes Listed below are Just example Classes. The Class system is not a Solid Written in Stone system. Just make sure your class you put in is relavent to what your character can do.

Name: <This should be obvious.>

Class/Job: <This is what you are. There are several Classes to choose from, and I'll state them later on.>

Description: <Obvious. PLEASE don't make me explain this.>

Weapons: <Obvious, and only if you carry one.>

Abilities: <Specialized Nanotech Abilities. These are abilities that you have aquired because of your own method of training in using your Nanotech. Including Superstrength, Casting abilities. Etc Etc Etc.>

(Classes) Ok, here is the Class List.

Warriors: Uses Their Nanotech for fighting Purposes, Generally they use their nanotech to Enhance their natural strength and Endurance.

Mages: Has spent their lives training to utilize their Nanotech abilities to effect their natural surroundings.

Martial Artists: Utilize a specialized learning techinque that was used in the millennia before Nanotech, training their minds and bodies to use their own Chi or natural energy, and now the energies of the Nano's to Enhance their Healing, Speed, Power, and create numerous special techniques.
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Next

Return to Role Playing