Metroid Prime 3

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Material Defender » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:36 pm

Not like really different. I did it originally on Normal Mode (My brother idiotically started my game on it.) And it's mostly just a lot harder. Not that I've died yet, but eh.

Postby Risen Hell Fire » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:25 pm

When I saw that difficulty show up I thought you would be in Hyper mode, much like near the end of the game and you have to try and keep your self from dying by the corruption by absorbing health things.
This is the internet, things are either the equivalent of the clouds parting and the right hand of god descending and handing you a wad of hundred dollar bills, or the worse than the holocaust, potato famine, 9/11, and the black death combined and merged with the ebola virus.

Location: Telling assholes what I have to say. Whether they want to hear it or not.

Re: Metroid Prime 3

Postby Kaj » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:26 pm

http://ds.ign.com/articles/815/815899p1.html

A secret message in Prime 3 may confirm a secret DS title.

Postby Material Defender » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:25 pm

Risen Hell Fire wrote:When I saw that difficulty show up I thought you would be in Hyper mode, much like near the end of the game and you have to try and keep your self from dying by the corruption by absorbing health things.

Ah. No. At least not yet.

Re: Metroid Prime 3

Postby Flama the foxangel » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:14 pm

Kaj wrote:http://ds.ign.com/articles/815/815899p1.html

A secret message in Prime 3 may confirm a secret DS title.

Now we can be sure that we'll get that game. I don't think that they would add that as a joke.
But we don't know what could happen, that game could get cancelled we don't know.

Postby Risen Hell Fire » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:02 pm

Well I beaten it again, on Veteran with 100% in 10 hours an 8 minutes. Onto Hyper mode.

Material Defender wrote:
Risen Hell Fire wrote:When I saw that difficulty show up I thought you would be in Hyper mode, much like near the end of the game and you have to try and keep your self from dying by the corruption by absorbing health things.

Ah. No. At least not yet.

Thats the problem, with a name of a difficulty like that you'd think it would be like that. I would've enjoyed it.
This is the internet, things are either the equivalent of the clouds parting and the right hand of god descending and handing you a wad of hundred dollar bills, or the worse than the holocaust, potato famine, 9/11, and the black death combined and merged with the ebola virus.

Location: Telling assholes what I have to say. Whether they want to hear it or not.

Postby Asis » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:29 pm

I can't buy the game, but I've checked a few gameplay videos.
And holee crap. It looks like Super Metroid+DMC3+Metroid Prime 1.

Amirite?

Postby Lengeta » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:09 am

Finally got my hands on it.

At first, I wasn't really liking the controls. They were neat and fun, but I found myself thinking it'd just be simpler with your standard controller. After about an hour of playing, my stance had completely changed. I love this game to death right now!

Postby Material Defender » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:49 am

Yeah. Takes a bit used to to, but functions very well once you do. It's especially helpful when you don't have to aim at every creature when trying to blast large groups.

Postby Lengeta » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:55 pm

Well, at first your mind goes "that bitch is over there on the left side of the screen, point and shoot to the left," but then you lock on and aren't hitting them. Once you get the feel for it, it's just awesome. Keyboard and mouse is still quicker and more accurate, but I really love this setup to death.

Postby Risen Hell Fire » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:36 pm

Yes, the controls are awesome. I hope this isn't the last Metroid in 3d. They have been great.

Postby Kaj » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:49 pm

Well, it's the last in the Prime series. Which roughly takes place somewhere between Metroid 2 and Super Metroid. I can see a new 3D Metroid game in the future, but it will probably be the latest in the time line, meaning, after Fusion.

Postby Material Defender » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:19 pm

Actually, tis impossible to occur between Metroid 2 and Super Metroid, as Super Metroid occurs THREE seconds after Samus delivers the baby metroid to the research lab, so unless I didn't see the baby metroid floating around Samus' ship, I'm pretty sure prime is before Metroid 2. I think there could be easily more stuff before Metroid 2.

Postby Risen Hell Fire » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:31 pm

Heres how the story time line goes.

1st. Metroid/Zero mission, Metroid prime, Prime hunters, Prime 2: Echos, Prime 3: Corruption, Metroid 2, Super Metroid, and finally, Metroid Fusion

Postby Material Defender » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:37 pm

So I think while hte new 3D metroid would be this "Supposed" Dread, OR it's the reason why Samus was forced to hunt down all the freaking metroids in Metroid 2.

Postby Risen Hell Fire » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:42 pm

Well, it's been said to have bee mentioned in Prime 3 as a scan.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24118.html Great way to learn of the series.

Postby Material Defender » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:11 pm

Meh.

Postby Risen Hell Fire » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:16 pm

Meh about the scan, or the video?

Postby Material Defender » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:17 pm

Video is just a run down I could get at Wikipedia. Scan is interesting, but nothing more.

Postby Kaj » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:23 pm

Dread is going to be on the DS, and its supposed to be a classic Metroid style game.

Postby Lengeta » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:39 am

Material Defender wrote:Actually, tis impossible to occur between Metroid 2 and Super Metroid, as Super Metroid occurs THREE seconds after Samus delivers the baby metroid to the research lab

He ment between PRIME 2 and Super Metroid if you didn't pick that up yet.

Postby Kaj » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:22 am

Oh, yeah, exactly! That's what I meant.

Postby Material Defender » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:18 am

That makes a lot more sense...

Previous

Return to Snafu Gaming