[INDEX] Tutorials, Contests, Requests and Crits

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Deena » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:39 pm

The whole warpaint idea reminded me of Paint Chat, this java application that's browser based, and is basically a community art board mixed with a chatroom. The difference between PChat and Warpaint is that PChat is completely browser-based and is always up 24/7 so you don't have to worry about hosting a server, but it doesn't have nearly as many features as Warpaint has. It's a ton of fun for doodling and wasting time, though, and I know some amazing artists who do great works just by randomly doodling on PChat.:3

I was thinking of setting up a Snafu Art Forum PChat. Would anyone be interested in that?

If you want an example, here's a link to a PChat I made for this old roleplay board I ran:

http://www.takamin.com/oekakichat/user/ ... rid=265142

It's quite fun, and gets pretty crazy with enough people. The best PChat sessions are ones with lots of people.:3

Postby Aneri » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:17 pm

I'm all for an Art forum PChat, as, like you said, they tend to be massive amounts of fun!
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Faust777 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:01 pm

Would anybody mind coloring a pic for me?
Pwease?
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, sit back, relax, and let the world wonder how the fuck you did it.
My art thread~
Nabichan: Seriously, you are the epitome of all that is awesome in the world
Dinosaurpirate: Well yeah, could anyone so weird be anything BUT an artist?
Vegedus: Theres only rape is theres a tentacle monster
Mcdurg:@Faust: Win.
Fenrisulfrhell, even if i broke one of my arms, i still have the other one, two legs, an elbow, a head, two knees, my hips, and my feet to beat their ass
Prinny Captain

Postby Vegedus » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:44 am

*looks around*
*brushes dirt of shoulder*
*looks around desperately*

Oh for the love of... I have a million of my own stuff to color, but I can't help feel like I should help you. Fine, I'll do it.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Faust777 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:29 am

Thanks dood.
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, sit back, relax, and let the world wonder how the fuck you did it.
My art thread~
Fenrisulfrhell, even if i broke one of my arms, i still have the other one, two legs, an elbow, a head, two knees, my hips, and my feet to beat their ass
Prinny Captain

Postby Vegedus » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:59 pm

And nobody else freaking request colorings because I can't resist ><

Postby Faust777 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:03 pm

lol
My art thread~
Prinny Captain

Postby Hiryu » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:03 pm

Color him, please? XD
http://nabichan.deviantart.com/art/Dood ... u-58676013

Appearance: Blond haired person with blue eyes, that wears a sleeveless black shirt, a red scarf at his waist which holds his white puffed trousers. He wears a blue bandana on his forehead, a golden wristband on his right arm and a golden armlet with a blue gem on the left one. And he also wears a pair of blue arabian shoes. He stands at about 1,81 meters high and weights around 74 KG.

<.< >.> Sorry, couldn't resist to ask... XD
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:14 pm

F you ><

... Instead of making an art thread, I should just make a coloring thread. I can picture it:

"Vegedus' coloring thread: I'm a color whore, only free".

And to make matters worse, that one's one of the tough ones. Whispy pencil lines make the magic wand useless. But what the hell. I'll do it, but I won't make it a priority! I got a C.Y. pic to make too!

Fine print: By asking for a coloring by me, Vegedus (c), you are agreeing that you, upon receiving said coloring, are owing me a favor, which I will cash in on at some point. Aren't fine prints great? I should have done this from the start.

Postby Hiryu » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:22 pm

Yeah, sure, it's not a problem man. I still have to wait for the other artist to finish drawing his four summons, and I'm still looking for one to draw the water summon. Please, take you time.

P.S.: Very funny with the small letters... Not... XD
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Shoi » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:56 pm

Anyone want to work on a website layout for my comic? Any takers? Lol. Yeah, I'm HTML illiterate ....
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Do you know where i live? Fucking Barbados.
Whatis6times9:
It was about as easy as... Goddammit, it is to easy. And to me a whore is just a slut with a good sense of enterprise.

Postby Vegedus » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:24 pm

Hum... I'm thinking, if you want to update it regularly, you'd have to learn some html. Unless you can coerce someone into being your permanent webmaster. Or someone into making some kinda easy upload system.

Postby Shoi » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:58 pm

I'm using smackjeeves, so it's basic upload by pressing a button. I know some basic html codes, but nothing too fancy.
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Whatis6times9:
It was about as easy as... Goddammit, it is to easy. And to me a whore is just a slut with a good sense of enterprise.

Postby Coos » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:19 pm

Can anyone resize an image for me?
50x50, I want a new Buddy Icon for AIM and a new avatar for DA.

Postby Hiryu » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:23 pm

That's easy buddy, I can do it. What's the image?
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Coos » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:26 pm

Postby Hiryu » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:09 pm

Any good, or do ya wish for a special effect cause of the white boarder?

ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Coos » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:15 pm

Nah its fine.
I'll just fix the white by making the BG white XD
Thanks though man.

Postby Deena » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:43 pm

Deena wrote:The whole warpaint idea reminded me of Paint Chat, this java application that's browser based, and is basically a community art board mixed with a chatroom. The difference between PChat and Warpaint is that PChat is completely browser-based and is always up 24/7 so you don't have to worry about hosting a server, but it doesn't have nearly as many features as Warpaint has. It's a ton of fun for doodling and wasting time, though, and I know some amazing artists who do great works just by randomly doodling on PChat.:3

I was thinking of setting up a Snafu Art Forum PChat. Would anyone be interested in that?

If you want an example, here's a link to a PChat I made for this old roleplay board I ran:

http://www.takamin.com/oekakichat/user/ ... rid=265142

It's quite fun, and gets pretty crazy with enough people. The best PChat sessions are ones with lots of people.:3

Okay, I've been trying to make a new PChat for Snafu Art Forums, but for some reason, every time I use one of my alternate email addresses, the confirmation mail with the link to the PChat room never gets sent, though the site registers it and refuses to let me use the same email. I've gone through a few email addresses already(I have a lot of extra ones that I only use for signing up for things like this>_>), but it never gets sent. I'll probably just use the link for the old Tokai PChat.

However, if anyone can try and register a Snafu PChat under their own email addresses, I'd be most grateful.

http://www.takamin.com/oekakichat/regis ... _form.html

That's the link to the registration form.

The order of the areas you need to fill in translate as followed:

Password:
Password Again:
Username:
Email:
Email Again:
Name of Board:

Everything afterwards is optional. The only important thing is the name of the board, which you should name something generic like "Snafu Art Forum Paintchat". Everything else...well, for the most part you won't really need it.:3

Thanks in advance to anyone who does this for me!:D

Postby MrHoboX » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:41 pm

I just did it, Im waiting for the confir email now

Added after 2 minutes:

Well it went through, everything is in Japanese (I think thats Japanese). Soooo is there anything else I need to do with the confir email?
_-The Official Trademarks Of MrHoboX-
(AWESOME TO THE MAX!/*Thumbs Up)
Note: Use of these without the express written consent of MrHoboX, will result in Disemboweling, survivors will be burnt, if you survive that then you my friend get pie... Sweet sexy pie.

Postby Deena » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:50 am

They should've sent you a link to the URL of the room in the confirmation mail. Just PM it to me.:3

Postby Vegedus » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:18 am

Shoi wrote:I'm using smackjeeves, so it's basic upload by pressing a button. I know some basic html codes, but nothing too fancy.

Yeah, I was just stalling time anyway, to see if there was any other takers. IF there really are none, I could try. I've got some skill in HTML and CSS. I'd probably need to learn some more to optimize it for a comic, but I'm pretty good at collecting information like that.

Postby Shoi » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:01 am

Ah, don't worry if you don't want to. I need some time anyways to backlog the comics. I was just wondering if anyone was willing to help me when the time arose. :3
I think it might be around a month though before I backlog enough to launch the comic.
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Whatis6times9:

Postby Vegedus » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:07 am

Oh, but I want to, I'm just not sure I'm good enough. After all, I plan to do a webcomic at some point too, so it would be nice to be able to do. Also, if you read a bit up, you might notice I have a weird tendency to feel like I have to help people (currently shading Hiryu's thingie).

Postby Shoi » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:03 pm

Ah, well okay, if you really want to ^-^;. Just tell me whenever you want to start working on it and I'll give you all the pictures and whatnot.
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Whatis6times9:

PreviousNext

Return to Art