Magi-Nation

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Magi-Nation

Postby sfox8 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:21 am

Anyone remember this game? I feel like I'm one of the only people who remembers this amazing game and wonderful universe. The card game was great too. There's a cartoon version of it coming out soon (getting ready for my memories to be ruined) and an updated version of the card game, but the artwork is hideous compared to the old ones.

So yeah, just thought I'd open up a topic for anyone else who remembers this game or wants to speculate about the future of Magi-Nation, now that Cookie Jar owns the rights to it.

Postby azureknight00300 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:37 am

totally remeber this. only the card game. any linkage to the cartoon? totally psyched for one.

Postby Next-Gen. » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:49 am

Neeeeeever heard of it. Got a link?
Name: NG
Griddles wrote:I'm a sadistic bastard :P

Word's, spoken from the master.

Postby Wazit » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:00 am

Sounds familiar though I can't remember

Postby sfox8 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:45 pm

http://magi-nation.com/ That's the official website. It's recently been re-made by Cookie Jar to reflect the more "updated" (ugly) look.

http://www.insiider.com/php-bin/vbullet ... .php?f=211
That's the message board where pretty much all of the remaining Magi-Nation fans that are left, talk about stuff regarding the game, show or card game.

http://www.dukenostalgia.com/mnd/index.htm And that's where you can view the old cards. Just go on the side under Novelty Custom Cards.
My art thread
Brawl Friend Code: 4511-0132-3903

Postby Onizaru » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:55 pm

I love magi-nation. That is still my favorite card game, and I have played many card games in my life. wow. a lot actually. I got the game for gameboy colour a long time ago and found out there was a card game too.

!!!!just read the thing sfox8 posted. YAY!!! A show. Maybe its popularity will come back. It has a strong underground following. They need to make another game. I done beat the last one three times already and it don't play on the ds :'(.

Postby sfox8 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:04 pm

onizaru wrote:I love magi-nation. That is still my favorite card game, and I have played many card games in my life. wow. a lot actually. I got the game for gameboy colour a long time ago and found out there was a card game too.

!!!!just read the thing sfox8 posted. YAY!!! A show. Maybe its popularity will come back. It has a strong underground following. They need to make another game. I done beat the last one three times already and it don't play on the ds :'(.

Yep. I'm excited about the show but then again I really don't want them to ruin it (which from the looks of it, is already happening with the redesign and renaming of the characters and Dream Creatures).

I really wish they would make a new game too. It would be so great to play Magi-Nation on a next gen console (preferably Wii or PS3). Magi-Nation always reminded me of a more mature Pokemon in a way.

Postby Mortos » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:15 pm

Never heard of it, or even seen it.

Postby sfox8 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:58 pm

Mortos wrote:Never heard of it, or even seen it.

Not surprising. It was a massively popular and successful GameBoy game and Card game, but it was incredibly hidden from the general public. It was in the top tier of Game Boy Color games in its time, but it came in at the end of the Pokemon reign.

the company 2i was responsible for the card game but died from a lack of support. It has a really big underground fanbase but it was never advertised enough and so it never got out into the public much.

Postby Next-Gen. » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:30 pm

Fiqures. Pokemon is like, The Top Card Game RPG to eve Exsist. Always make you wonder what there gonna do next.

Added after 53 seconds:

I was converted back when Pokemon D/P came out.

Postby sfox8 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:34 pm

Next-Gen. wrote:Fiqures. Pokemon is like, The Top Card Game RPG to eve Exsist. Always make you wonder what there gonna do next.

Added after 53 seconds:

Same. Though I've played every pokemon game and loved it. You can never make me watch anymore of the show though. The movies can be okay sometimes but they've also lost quite a bit of quality.

Postby Next-Gen. » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:56 pm

It's the voice actors. (damn cn)

Postby Lengeta » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:32 pm

I have a deck, but I've never played the game. Looks fun, but I basically bought it because Matt Holmberg was one of the card artists.

Postby Onizaru » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:04 pm

Next-Gen. wrote:Fiqures. Pokemon is like, The Top Card Game RPG to eve Exsist. Always make you wonder what there gonna do next.

Added after 53 seconds:

if your talking about the pokemon tcg on the game boy then yes. Best tcg ever in videogame format.

I have good hopes for the new magination show. It looks like it well be decent. I still want more monster rancher shows too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TRQZid7uAk

thats a preview of the show.

Postby sfox8 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:32 am

onizaru wrote:

Added after 53 seconds:

if your talking about the pokemon tcg on the game boy then yes. Best tcg ever in videogame format.

I have good hopes for the new magination show. It looks like it well be decent. I still want more monster rancher shows too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TRQZid7uAk

thats a preview of the show.

Ah, I thought that was the one you were linking to. Sorry to break it to ya dude, but that's the old teaser trailer. The animation style is no longer in 3D. It's in an American anime style. See the official website. http://magi-nation.com/

Needless to say, the new wannabe anime style is worse. And I think 4Kids is part of it too (along with Cookie Jar).

Return to Snafu Gaming