Systems

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Systems

Postby Next-Gen. » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:10 pm

Well, instead of making individual threads consisting of multiple opinions in different threads, I figured it would be easier to make a single thread discussing multiple systems Recent, Retro and Upcoming.

several rules though.

1. if you have negative opinion of a system that is aimed illogically toward it (ex: "XBOX N WII SUX!!") then don't bother posting.

2. If you believe another opinion is aimed as such, just report it and don't bother replying.

3. And I can't stress this enough, Be considerate and open minded.

1 more thing. If you have to make a statement about a reason you don't like a certain system, then try and base it on straight uncompaired fact's rather then opinion. Such as "I like the Xbox 360 because of it's graphics" instead of "I hate the Wii cause because the graphics are terrible".
Name: NG
Image
Image
Griddles wrote:I'm a sadistic bastard :P

Word's, spoken from the master.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:21 am
Location: Wantagh
Gender: None specified

Postby Alucard666 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:58 pm

My favorite system is the 360. I think it really steps up hardware wise, and is the best system for online gaming, barley beating out the comp due to friends lists and achievements.

The wii is a close second, but it simply has no Killer Apps that currently interest me.

The ps3 only has MGS, thats the only reason i am currently looking at the ps3 positivley, and anyone who believes the ps3 has better graphics, please don't say it does, because any game thats been ported to the ps3 or off it, Rainbow Six Vegas, has had better graphics on the 360.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 16956
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Maine, you know, the state Alaska copied.
Gender: None specified

Postby EagleMan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:02 pm

I think its something like the 360 has better graphics & the PS3 more processing power.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13871
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:24 pm
Gender: None specified

Postby bob-dude » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:12 pm

And the Wii is more innovative, so it mostly evens out more or less. I have a Wii but I'm good with either. 360 has oblivion! PS3 might get KH what ever its going to be called and 360 is also getting the next Banjo game!
Paolini: Characters are born of necessity

Griddles: Well you know I am sadistic... I'll only kill a character when their purpose is served.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:56 pm
Location: USA
Gender: None specified

Postby Alucard666 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:13 pm

Eh, the Wii isn't that innovative. Nintendo has used motion sensing technology for awhile.

Remember the power glove?
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 16956
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Maine, you know, the state Alaska copied.
Gender: None specified

Postby EagleMan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:21 pm

bob-dude wrote:And the Wii is more innovative, so it mostly evens out more or less. I have a Wii but I'm good with either. 360 has oblivion! PS3 might get KH what ever its going to be called and 360 is also getting the next Banjo game!

Being "innovative" doesn't mean fun for everyone. I like the 360 over the Wii.

Plus the fact I have to lean back everytime to play it since theres no space in my room anymore so if I just sit in my chair and play its too close for it to respond, and then if I move back, I have bad eyesight.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13871
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:24 pm
Gender: None specified

Postby bob-dude » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:25 pm

True, true. Everyone to there own, and you do make a cople of points as well.
Paolini: Characters are born of necessity

Griddles: Well you know I am sadistic... I'll only kill a character when their purpose is served.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:56 pm
Location: USA
Gender: None specified

Postby Dorian » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:27 pm

The Wii is the only current generation system I have. Has a few good games, but it has yet to impress me in any way. I do trust Nintendo to do some great things with it, but hopefully they don't wait too long. I think this whole motion sensing controller was not the best idea, because I can't think of many game types where I'd want to use it over a normal control system.
Never asked for this
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5774
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:39 am
Gender: None specified

Postby bob-dude » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:39 pm

At least we are getting SOME exercise with the Wii and it's attracting more none gamers and thus more business for the big N.
Paolini: Characters are born of necessity

Griddles: Well you know I am sadistic... I'll only kill a character when their purpose is served.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:56 pm
Location: USA
Gender: None specified

Postby EagleMan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:45 pm

Exercise how? Muscle building or burning calories by waving your hand?

It really won't do anything noticeable.
Last edited by EagleMan on Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13871
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:24 pm
Gender: None specified

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:49 pm

The only next gen system I've go so far is the Wii. I'm planning to get the 360 soon though. There are just too many games for it that I can't pass up on. I'd also have to agree that the Wii doesn't have all that many great games out just yet. I'm optimistic about future releases though.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3436
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:04 pm
Gender: Male

Postby bob-dude » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:50 pm

I read some were that playing certain games on the Wii helps some, I think it was in a newspaper once... I'm talking those active games that makes you move around and stuff
Paolini: Characters are born of necessity

Griddles: Well you know I am sadistic... I'll only kill a character when their purpose is served.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:56 pm
Location: USA
Gender: None specified

Postby Material Defender » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:50 pm

If your like me, I get up, wander, Jump up and down. It's not just waving your hand.

I have the Wii? Why? Because I want Nintendo games from the console. THe only two games otherwise I want that aren't on the PC are gears of War and Dead Rising. Maybe I'll get a Xbox360 when it's cheaper.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 40702
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:22 pm
Location: Returning to Cleanse the Mines!
Gender: None specified

Postby bob-dude » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:50 pm

What about Brawl and TP?
Paolini: Characters are born of necessity

Griddles: Well you know I am sadistic... I'll only kill a character when their purpose is served.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:56 pm
Location: USA
Gender: None specified

Postby Crosis » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:01 pm

I would say the Wii is my favorite. It's low price makes it fairly affordable, for those of us with limited chance to obtain money. It's also got some good party games. I like to play multi player a lot with my friends. The Wii has good party games like Wii Sports, and Brawl. Not to mention it's good exercise for everyone who plays.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2872
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: Fighting with my Sacrifice
Gender: None specified

Postby Yoshi » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:26 pm

I still exercise the hell out of my N64, so I think it deserves some merit. Sure it had a tonne of crappy games but the awesome ones made it worthy of purchase.

For example: Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and so on.

Also, the GC game Golden Eye (Or GoldenEye depending) is more fun then people make it out to be. The sticky detonator thing is really fun in multiplayer.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12585
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:38 am
Location: In A Tree Gathering My Nuts
Gender: None specified

Postby Kaj » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:51 pm

The big hitters have yet to come out for the Wii yet though. Metroid Prime 3, Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Galaxy, etc.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Florida
Gender: None specified

Postby EagleMan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:00 pm

I tend to stray from reliving childhood games, my memory constantly updates the games with current graphics and when I see the actual thing.. Well yea.

Starcraft pissed me off.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13871
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:24 pm
Gender: None specified

Postby Next-Gen. » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:07 pm

Alucard666 wrote:Eh, the Wii isn't that innovative. Nintendo has used motion sensing technology for awhile.

Remember the power glove?


Well that's a common misconception. The power Glove was a really rushed project that turned out terrible in the end, it really was a gimmick and held no appeal.

The Wii is a very advanced system that optimizes on the use of Blue-tooth. There have been a few past Motion Sensitive games, such as Kirby Tilt and Tumble, but they never really took full advantage of what it could accomplish. Plus it used a different form of technology to emphasizes it's game play.
Name: NG
Image
Image
Griddles wrote:I'm a sadistic bastard :P

Word's, spoken from the master.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:21 am
Location: Wantagh
Gender: None specified

Postby Kaj » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:09 pm

I know, I used to think N64 had awsome graphics. Untill I played Smash Bros Melee. And then I never looked at a N64 game the same way again.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Florida
Gender: None specified

Postby Next-Gen. » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:15 pm

That's a game I loved. The commercial was Hilarious and since I was one of the first to buy it when I owned my N64, it was just amazing. All I hope is, it comes out on the VC Before Brawl, or else it won't look pretty.
Name: NG
Image
Image
Griddles wrote:I'm a sadistic bastard :P

Word's, spoken from the master.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:21 am
Location: Wantagh
Gender: None specified

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:17 pm

I'm happy with my good ol' Playstation 2.
Marquis de Soth

offline
 

Postby Next-Gen. » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:21 pm

Ah yes, the PS2. Great graphics, great gameplay.

Why do people shun it so much?
Name: NG
Image
Image
Griddles wrote:I'm a sadistic bastard :P

Word's, spoken from the master.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:21 am
Location: Wantagh
Gender: None specified

Postby Dorian » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:32 pm

Because they don't? The PS3 is the one that gets all the bad response.
Never asked for this
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5774
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:39 am
Gender: None specified

Postby Next-Gen. » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:36 pm

Can you say it's not within reason?
Name: NG
Image
Image
Griddles wrote:I'm a sadistic bastard :P

Word's, spoken from the master.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:21 am
Location: Wantagh
Gender: None specified

Next

Return to Snafu Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests