Grand Opening

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Grand Opening

Postby Material Defender » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:06 pm

Hello to you all. I am MD. There are also several other mods that will be floating around this forum, but other new one is Crosis if you didn't check. We welcome all those gamers to this place, whether you be a MMO maniac or a Shooter spaz.

I'd like to know the general make up of this forum is going to be like and what is going to be a common topic around here, as soon as possible. IT'd be best if we can avoid having "How do you do this in so and so game" if it's already been asked, so a general Q&A may be started so we don't get spammed with threads. I do need to bring this up with other moderators, but it seems like a good idea to reduce space spamming.

I'd also like to know if certain topics get up alot and we might get an overload of overlapping topics that should just be mashed together. So state your favored gaming, Offline or on, and your type of gaming.

Currently, Online MMOrpg.

and this is normal because I DO want this to die eventually.

Re: Grand Opening

Postby Asis » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:27 pm

Awesome.

Yes, we should have a general Q&A thread. We all know that's impossible to prevent all 'noobish' threads, but it'd be useful nonetheless.

And my favorite genre is online FPS, followed closely by on/offline RPGs.
Wanna guess which is my favorite game?

Postby Material Defender » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:28 pm

Descent?

Postby Valhallen » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:31 pm

Halo?

I suppose my favorite would be offline multiplayer cempetitive

Postby Material Defender » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:32 pm

LAN compeition.

Postby Asis » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:34 pm

Material Defender wrote:Descent?

+1 Interwebs for you.

The second one is Deus Ex, though. An awesome combination between FPS and RPGs :)

Postby Material Defender » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:35 pm

Ah... Dues Ex. So good memories. One of the best games ever. If only Dues Ex 2 was a REAL sequel instead of a just a standard shooter without any real innovation.

Postby Bk-o » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:36 pm

Er...

I guess my favorite genre is Massively Multiplayer, thought not necessarily RPG. For example, I play Tribal Wars, a massive multiplayer browser-based game, to keep myself away from WoW...
I fight Muppets with tactility inhibitions on a regular basis.

Postby Valhallen » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:39 pm

Friends around the console, actually. I meant competitive as opposed to cooperative.

Just to clarify, has the Off Topic forum been forever disbanded, or will there eventually be another forum with a similar essence?

Postby Bk-o » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:42 pm

I suppose it was assimilated into the SPAM forum seeing as many, many threads consisted of one-word posts.
I fight Muppets with tactility inhibitions on a regular basis.

Postby Grey » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:43 pm

Music games! Gitaroo Man, Parappa the Rapper, Guitar Hero, BeatMania (arcade), Rez, that sort of thing.

I play on-and-offly. I'll play games like an addictive for a month, then hardly play anything for a month; it's the circle of life.
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Material Defender » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:44 pm

The OT is now split between the RP forum and the Spam forum.

Some descended into disgrace, while other ascended above thier previous condition.

Postby Asis » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:49 pm

Material Defender wrote:The OT is now split between the RP forum and the Spam forum.

Some descended into disgrace, while other ascended above thier previous condition.

Artificially ascended you mean. That won't last long.

Postby Material Defender » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:51 pm

Yes.

"ANd he went to bed" Is not an RP post.

Postby Hana » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:03 pm

I might as well do an intro.

I is Hana! I hate all MMO's except Flyff! *chuckles* Nah, really, I just don't have a good enough computer or enough money to play things like WoW.

I don't have a Wii...yet. >_> I will have one eventually, though!
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Mr.Button-Eyes » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:11 pm

Hmm. I don't have a Wii yet either, nor a PS3 or X-Box 360. I mainly just play Starcraft at the moment and am anxiously awaiting Starcraft 2.
How I wonder, What you're at!
bk-o wrote:I feel the hat business is soon going to become a major world thing. Hat economy will boost, and much, much hair will be pressed.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:12 pm

He he. My fave MMO so far is STILL Ragnarok Online. This is, by far, the best MMO I've played.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby TheLivingCouch » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:18 pm

Huzzah!

Anyway, not a big fan of MMOs though a few of them are all right. (Guild Wars Yeah!!!) What I really love to play are adventure games, The more in depth and well written the storyline the better. (Beyond Good an Evil anyone) I've also got a big soft spot for RTS, TBS, and the occasional RPG as well.

Postby Dorian » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:20 pm

I play World of Warcraft. I can answer most questions related to it, or give advice. I'm not in an endgame guild, however, so don't expect any Illidan strats or anything. Karazhan maybe.
Never asked for this

Postby Kaj » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:23 pm

Squeeee!!! That right, I squealed like a little girl! Thats how awsome this is to me!

Postby EagleMan » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:23 pm

I play counterstrike and Warcraft 3.

I can pretty much advise you on all warcraft 3 maps of how to play them better.. except dota.

Yes, I made myself an adaptable strategist for warcraft 3, I have fun.

Postby Marquis de Soth » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:24 pm

I guess my favorite kind of game is an offline RPG.

I would play MMOs but I still need a new computer since this one doesn't work at all with them.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Wazit » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:58 pm

I rarely play MMOs... I used to play Maple and Gunz but no more. The most online game I've played is still Counterstrike though

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:59 pm

Now we're talking. I really miss Gunz. That's my fave MMO shotter. Damn it's tricky juggling weapons and do stunts at the same time. Love it! Is international version of it still running or I have to download the ijji.com one?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Deelenzero » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:55 pm

Grey wrote: Rez,

Your the 1st other person ive met that knows of Rez!

I am a "chaotic" spamite... so please excuse me, and my lack of ability to grammarz and sepll words ^^...

I play Music games, World of Warcraft (probly quitting soon to get "Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning") FPS's, RPG's, Strategy.... basicly anything i find fun! (which is mostly, everything).

In RPG's im the dude who cares WAY to much about characters (See Finaly Fantasy 7... i cant hear her theme song w/o :'( ).

In FPS's im the mofo who just finds the fastest shooting gun and sprays! (probly why i fail at Counter-Strike).

In Strategy games im the "Turtle-Steamroller!" i build up a giant nei-unbreakable defence, build an army behind that wall then just flatten every enemy i happen to waddle past. ^^

In MMO's I jump around from Spastic idot, to funny guy, to "Guy who takes the game to seriously"... alot like I am on forums actully.

Also, as of late i've been getting into Warhammer 40,000! (table-top kinda game i guess, sept with models and stuff you can paint yourself, make an army with'm and then if your lucky enough to find someone else, fight'm! sept you'd need terrains [self-made] an books an bla bla bla all that stuff)

Anyone else heard of Warhammer 40k?

Currently Playing
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Warcraft 3 / Frozen Throne
WoW
Supreme Commander
Starcraft
Command and Conquer 3

Games used to play
______
To many to list ^^
______

My gaming attitude is pretty much the same as Grey's, kinda like an on/off cycle ^^

If ya need advice on a game, say the game, say the part an i can prolly help.... i can also recommend some games i like ^^ (again tho, i like just about every game ive played, soooo...)

There are other Shooter-MMO's? The only one i knew of was Planetside, and that had some major balance issues.

man, Descent and Dues Ex are games i havnt heard of in.... ages *thinks about digging through his garage to try and find them*

(this is offically the longest most semi-coherant thing ive ever posted on this forum ^^ horray!
"I Believe There's Meaning!, No I Believe There's Nothing!!"
"The body exists only to verify one's own existence"

Next

Return to Snafu Gaming