Clearing up a few things about Project: Rowdy

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Clearing up a few things about Project: Rowdy

Postby mpcp13 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:20 pm

I joined this site around last year, but I've been pretty much a lurker and haven't really posted anything before. However, a friend who posts in this forum (I forgot what her screenname was) e-mailed me about clearing something up about Project: Rowdy and related stuff since there seems to be some arguments about a few things.

First off, Dr. Brisbaine is my original character and I conceived him separately from Bleedman's Dr. X. He got transferred over into the PPGD storyline when I donated my fan fic idea (which I never really started) over to Bleedman, thus giving him creative control of Brisbaine and Project: Rowdy. Bleedman has already taken this collective control and added things to the Project: Rowdy idea which I never came up with. Weasel, Ghastly, Wakeman, Jenny, and even the "Global Defenders" label are Bleedman's idea. My ideas are only the Ressurected Rowdy Ruffs, Brisbaine, Brick's seriousness, and Boomer's crush on Bubbles.

Secondly, some people have said that I and Ganondorf the 3rd (did I spell that right?) are one and the same. We are not, Ganondorf is another person and his interpretation of Project Rowdy are his and his alone. I haven't even read them since I've been busy developing my own original story ideas.

Third, some people seem to have misconstrured Bleedman's "Original Concept" attribution in the Project Rowdy flash animation to mean that I came up with the original doujin idea. I did no such thing. Again, I only came up with Project: Rowdy and first became aware of Bleedman and his doujin ideas via my deviantart.com account.

If anyone has any more questions about Project: Rowdy related stuff, you can either ask them in this thread, via my email ad: mpcp13@yahoo.com , or (for deviantart members) note me in mpcp13.deviantart.com

I'll try to answer any questions you may have.
"All your world domination techniques are obsolete. I am a far more patient and practical man. I shall embed my DNA and part of my conciousness onto cockroaches, release them to the wild, and let nature take its course. Millions of years later, when humanity is but a memory, the world shall be ruled by a race of indestructible PAOLO-ROACHES! MWAHAHAHA!!!"

--Me (Paolo being my name), in a random conversation about world domination

Postby L » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:55 am

Uh huh, well, I might as well ask it now since it's probably gonna be asked a million times over. Are you planning on making another movie?

Re: Clearing up a few things about Project: Rowdy

Postby mpcp13 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:40 am

You'll have to ask Bleedman. Like I said, I came up with the Project: Rowdy concept. Bleedman's done pretty much everything else. Including the flash animation.
"All your world domination techniques are obsolete. I am a far more patient and practical man. I shall embed my DNA and part of my conciousness onto cockroaches, release them to the wild, and let nature take its course. Millions of years later, when humanity is but a memory, the world shall be ruled by a race of indestructible PAOLO-ROACHES! MWAHAHAHA!!!"

Postby bob-dude » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:17 am

Like the Grim tales comic.
Paolini: Characters are born of necessity

Griddles: Well you know I am sadistic... I'll only kill a character when their purpose is served.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:41 am

Eh, so YOU'RE mpcp13! No questions, just saying hi. Your explanation alone pretty much...well, explained things. I thought you were the one who made Global Defenders. Guess I'll have to change that bibliography then...
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby Teran » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:40 pm

My question (I guess it has been asked a million of times), but, what's Project: Rowdy purpose? Will it be more developed in the Second Arc of PPGD?
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby mpcp13 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:54 pm

I originally conceptualized Project: Rowdy's purpose to be an NSA sub-agency somewhat like that of CADMUS in the Justice League Unlimited. The restored RRB were to be used to keep superpowered "good guys" in check in case they turned bad or their actions weren't in the interest of the US government. To keep the RRB themselve in check, they have implants in the brain to de-power them if Brisbaine flips the switch.

Although, if Bleed decides to change it then it's up to him.

Postby L » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:08 am

Say, could you give me a link to that Fan-Fic.

Postby mpcp13 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:10 am

I never really managed to make the fic itself, but I did have the outline all thought up. Here's the verbatim trancript of my conversation on deviantart with Bleedman when I first pitched the idea to him:

My first note:

Hey bleedman, I hope I’m not bothering you or anything, but I have a concept I’d like to present to you. If you like maybe you could put it in future fan comics of yours? Anyway, here it is:

I kinda got this idea for a fan fic but I never got around to doing it. Well, it goes like this. The USA’s NSA (National Security Agency) decides that they need superheroes under the direct control of the US government. Not only to keep other superheroes in check, but also to handle stuff the other superheroes can’t handle. For this, they get the remains of the Rowdy Ruff Boys from Townsville Police Department’s evidence locker through a covert operation. Using these remains, they rebuild the RRBs, but this time a much more chemically stable version (IE, they won’t explode when kissed). This project is known as Project: Rowdy, based on a secret base in Nevada known only as Rowdy Base.

The new RRBs are raised with the strict, rigid discipline of special operations forces. Brick, the leader, actually agrees with this since he believes their past defeat was caused by their cockiness and lack of discipline. Thus, he becomes a fanatically disciplinarian leader.

Butch, the one in green, is humiliated by his memories of being defeated by a kiss and becomes obsessed with being strong and unbeatable. Obsessed to the point that comes into constant conflict with Brick’s own disciplinarian obsession.

Boomer, the blue one, is a different matter. The toughness of training has made him cherish every good memory he has as his only comfort. Especially the momentary pleasure of Bubble’s kiss, even though it destroyed him in the past. Thus, in effect, he falls for bubbles thanks to his memories. (Corny, I know)

The PPG are unaware that the RRB are alive at all since the Director of Project: Rowdy exerts tight control of the RRB. The RRB have implants within their brain that will activate a power negator whenever the Director thinks that they are getting beyond his control. These implants strip them of their powers and render them susceptible to normal weapons, like guns.

Anyway, this ignorance ends when the PPGs face an enemy they have trouble defeating. The NSA deems this danger very, very serious and sends the RRBs to help. Even though they are only supposed to do a quick hit-and-fade attack so that their identities can’t be revealed, Boomer stays a moment too long and gives Bubbles a lingering glance. She, of course, recognizes him. The rest is up to you.

I know, it’s corny. But what the heck? If you like it maybe you could put it up? If not, well, it’s your story so it’s up to you.

This is mpcp13 signing out.
May the Force be with you

Bleedman’s reply:

HOLY SPIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You've got my imagination running ,man!!!!!!
Yes, I've been thinking about bringing back the RRB.
I love it , hold on to that concept cause I am going to copy and paste this message right now.
Keep it flowing, tell me more,
TELL ME MORE DAMN YOU.

...................what else can you think of ?

My reply:

Heh heh, my Mom always said my imagination was way to big for my own good. Well, that was pretty much it. The basic story I had in mind was that Boomer tries to pursue Bubbles. When the Director of Project: Rowdy realizes that Boomer flew the coop, he activates the implant. This of course leaves Boomer stranded in the PPG's city as a normal human. This doesn't stop him and he stubbornly searches for Bubbles.

The Director, I named him John Brisbaine, sends the other two after him. But Brick and Butch are hesitant because Boomer is their bro. Well, that's pretty much it. I gotta eat dinner now.

Bleedman’s reply:

Beautiful! Just Beautiful!
It does'nt sound corny at all, I believe the fans are gonna love this. A new chapter added to my collection........BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
of course you will get the credit.

I'll be waiting to hear more....

My reply:

Glad you liked it. I can't wait to see some concept drawings of that from you, or for the chapter you plan to put it in.

Oh, one more thing. I forgot to mention that the RRBs don't wear their old uniforms. This time, they wear black special ops uniforms with only a colored band on the left arm. Red, green, and blue bands respectively for Brick, Butch, and Boomer.

May the Force be with you.

Bleedman’s reply:

That's what I had in mind too, new costumes for the RRB.

The force is strong within you.

My second note:

Here's more of my concept. Boomer keeps searching for Bubbles until one day, weak from hunger and fatigue, he manages to stumble onto the home of the PPG. The Professor and the girls find him and nurse him back to health.

While he is being nursed back to health he tells the Prof. and the girls about Project: Rowdy. Also, he blurts out his feelings for Bubbles and she responds to them. Yup. corny lovey-dovey stuff.

But Director Brisbaine of Project: Rowdy hasn't called of the search for Boomer. A Project: Rowdy operatives tracks down Boomer and tells the Director about Boomer's whereabouts.

The Director sends the other RRB after Boomer. At first, the brothers obey their orders, but they eventually take their brother's side. This forces the Director to activate the implants on the other two RRB and send in operatives after them.

Well, that's all for now. My imagination is pooped.

Bleedman’s reply:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss.
Take your time....don't rush. there's no hurry.
We still have to finish chapter 2 y know.

My reply:

Well, here it is, the end of my concept. Whew! Man, my imagination went on overdrive last night. Anyway, here it is:

The operatives, armed with stun weapons since they were ordered to keep the RRB alive, go after the RRB. But even without powers, the RRB are hard to beat since their training has made them very formidable opponents. Also, the PPG help. Together they wipe the floor with the operatives.

In desperation, one of the operatives drops his stun gun and opens fire with a live pistol. All the shots miss, except one. A bullet hits Boomer in the abdomen, and without powers it is a deadly wound. Seeing Boomer hurt, Bubbles goes do a “please don’t die” thing while Boomer’s brothers start beating the operative responsible silly.

It is then that a helicopter arrives, out of the helicopter comes the Director of Project: Rowdy and IM Weasel (You included him). Seeing the Director and blaming him for the injury of Boomer, the RRB attack him. But since they don’t have powers and the Director had some training, their attack is repulsed. While repulsing their attacks the Director explains that he had no intention of harming Boomer.

IM Weasel in the meantime goes to check on Boomer’s injury. He explains that the only way to save Boomer is to give him his powers back. But the Director says he can only do so if the RRB agree to return to Project: Rowdy. Seeing that they have no choice, Butch and Brick agree.

True to his word, the Director deactivates the power negators. Having his powers back Boomer is quickly healed. Bubbles is so happy that she gives Boomer a little kiss, this time, of course, he doesn’t explode.

But this happy moment is short-lived because Boomer now has to leave with the Director and his brothers. There’s a sappy and corny “good-bye” scene between Boomer and Bubbles. But it turns out that this good-bye isn’t permanent.

The Director swears the Professor and the PPG to secrecy about Project: Rowdy since they know the secret. He also gives the Professor a communicator and tells him to contact Project: Rowdy if there are villains the PPG can’t handle. With that, the Directors turns and heads for the helicopter. The RRB follow him and also board the helicopter. Boomer boards last and gives Bubbles a wink and a wave good-bye (Dang, that is so corny).

Well, that’s it. That’s my whole concept. I hope it helped. This is mpcp13 saying: May the force be with you.

Bleedman’s reply:

MAN that's quite an overnight and overdrive work you did.
My imagination is going WACKO!!!
I'll add this up to the script.
Beautiful!!! Just beautiful !!!
I'm gonna go over it again.
Thanks man.

If you have anymore ideas involving other CN characters , bring em in. But take it easy yo, don't pressure yourself too much.

Postby bob-dude » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:37 pm

Interseting.....Good Job!
Paolini: Characters are born of necessity

Griddles: Well you know I am sadistic... I'll only kill a character when their purpose is served.

Postby Wazit » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:38 am

Wow, you do have an interesting mind. Too bad it won't materialise for a while

Postby whispersoul » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:11 am

At least he made an awesome Fan Fic of some kind. Yes, You're good.
Congrats, My man.
McDurg- I dunno' whispaho, I've seen some pretty hot things in my life. Like myself. I masturbate to my own image every day. :D Naw. How about all three of us combine, in the form of a sexy Godzilla? We would totally fuck Mothra.
Alfimi - *sighs*....things i have to do *corners whisper against the wall* *unbutons shirt**flashes**butons shirt up again* there, enjoy your hearty.
Coos - Whisper's a bitch. :D
Malumultimus - Whisper...you are my favorite worshipper.
Mal again - Nyaaaa~

Postby BlazingBarrager » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:08 pm

I understood that it was either fan-oriented or Bleed's original idea. Guess your idea really got him going because I found it a terrific part of the comic and a good thing for the Rowdyruffs.

Wait...lets hope that you aren't revealing possible spoilers with this.

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

Postby Wazit » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:30 am

Maybe SC can take this idea and expand on it

Postby Snake Chomper » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:38 pm

As I told mcpc13, a lot of what he wrote is similar to what we wrote. I was even a bit spooked at how similar what we wrote a month ago matched up with what he wrote. This little post also changed a few things, but we've got down what's going to happen with the Rowdies shortly.

Postby Wazit » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:11 am

Right! Glad to hear that

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)