Elemental Academy *OOC* Dead. Kaput. Finito. RIP.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Postby k-hallowseve » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:39 am

Zathroth, I'm gonna update my CS with a link to a picture reference; but it won't be posted 'til tomorrow. I need to scan it, but it's way too late at night here.
I'm not dead! I'm getting better... >.>
----
Þæt fram hám gefrægn Higeláces þegn
gód mid Géatum, Grendles daéda•
sé wæs moncynnes mægenes strengest
on þaém dæge þysses lífes
æþele ond éacen•
----
Elemental Academy CS #1, #2 | X Institute CS #1, #2 | Totem RP CS
The wandering hobo.

Re: Elemental Academy *Sign Ups OPEN!*

Postby Distracto » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:03 am

Hey zath, i added a bit more to his personality, well i was aready planned to have it, i just forgot to mention it.

Oh also since i'm new to this, i was wondering, how will we find out if a spell we would want to use is leagl. (Don't be angry with my incompitence. >.< )
Kinda Back...we will see

Postby Rubicandt » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:19 am

Also, exactly how skilled are our characters allowed to be? I'm guessing students are all prodigies of a sort, but how much is too much?

Postby k-hallowseve » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:17 am

Edited; link for picture added.
I'm not dead! I'm getting better... >.>
----
Þæt fram hám gefrægn Higeláces þegn
gód mid Géatum, Grendles daéda•
sé wæs moncynnes mægenes strengest
on þaém dæge þysses lífes
æþele ond éacen•
----
Elemental Academy CS #1, #2 | X Institute CS #1, #2 | Totem RP CS
The wandering hobo.

Postby Zath » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:18 am

Students are not prodigies, they have just been tested and have been found to have some elemental prowess.

Postby Albion » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:06 pm

Distracto wrote:Hey zath, i added a bit more to his personality, well i was aready planned to have it, i just forgot to mention it.

Oh also since i'm new to this, i was wondering, how will we find out if a spell we would want to use is leagl. (Don't be angry with my incompitence. >.< )

Do you mean legal? If so you really don't need to, just find a latin translator and put in something like fire blade of the dancing wolf...ya' know! :snoogins:

Kazuki Makoto Information- http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewt ... 15#1250415

Naiko Kazubake Information- http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewt ... 50#1276750

Avatar is property of Avatarity (So I dont get in trouble)

Postby Zath » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:56 pm

Nah, I'll work on a list of incantations for spells. Just give me a while cuz I'm currently playing diablo 2 for excessive amounts of time xD

Postby Imenak » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:49 pm

I hope I'm not a late runner in this:

Name: Thorne Urien

Codename: Pending, I ‘spose.

Appearance: Reference picture, as drawn by Ro (Another 'realistic' one w/ a haircut, drawn by k-hallowseve). Thorne reaches to about 5’ 6” in terms of height, and has a rather extreme muscular build for. His hair is often accurately described as being “wild,” its crimson red tinge going off in every direction, and probably long enough to tie in a ponytail if he bothered to sort it all out. His eyes are a rather unique lime green, making them seem almost luminescent under the right light. He’s normally fair skinned, but due to his frequent outings in the sun, he does have a slight tan. In terms of clothing, he’s usually adorned with the darker variety, such a dark pair of blue or black jeans, and a shirt of a similar color. The clothing item that seems to remain consistent, though, is a very aviator-esque leather jacket of a dark brown coloration.

Weapon of Choice: A large scythe with a shaft that is about 200 centimeters long (about 6’ 5”), and with the actual blade being about 60 centimeters (about 2’). Due to the sheer limitations such a weapon would cause, it’s made of relatively light materials. The pole itself is made of a highly flexible wood, likely bamboo, and coated in an equally lightweight metal. It should be noted that this metal plating was made to be thin and flexible (or malleable), and as a result, is usually not prone to snapping. However, that’s not the only special feature of the weapon. Somewhere near its center, the scythe can be twisted and a button then pushed to separate the weapon into two. The contraption would reveal that the part of the shaft that holds the scythe’s blade acts as a makeshift sheath for another blade. This would give Thorne the benefit of a one-handed (albeit slightly unwieldy) scythe, and a thin bladed sword with a rather long hilt. Understandably, due to a part of the scythe having to be hollowed out for this to work, there are some minor weaknesses at the initial weapon’s base.

Personality: Part insane wouldn’t be too crazy of a description to use to summarize Thorne’s character. However, this really isn’t the case, as he can be considered, relatively, mentally stable. His quirkiness is really only because of him having to mature at far too young of an age, and seeing the harshness of the world far too early. As a result, his mind is only partially unhinged. Arrogant and cocky, and can easily be described as a brute, Thorne has also been known to pick fights where fights needed not to be picked. Though, it should be noted that he usually isn’t the one to start the fight, often goading his day’s ‘victim’ into striking him first. In that respect, calculating is another word that can also be associated with him. In terms of socialization, he’s brutally blunt and, at times, excessively talkative. Especially if he happens to be talking about himself. He is generally 'good-natured' (the term is use loosely), though, but specifically to the people who keep a level tongue with him. Anything that he does that can be described as abrasive are usually things where he didn’t intend to create ill will. Though, there are certainly times where it has been his full intention to cause a negative reaction. He just finds such interactions to be far too "interesting" to go without for too long.
Last edited by Imenak on Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Distracto » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:44 am

What I meant was if a spell was to powerful or not. Oh and zath, as students, how many spell will we be allowed to know?
Kinda Back...we will see

Postby Zath » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:39 am

I'll have a list of different strengths, and say what strengths students can cast.

Postby Rubicandt » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:20 am

Zathroth wrote:Students are not prodigies, they have just been tested and have been found to have some elemental prowess.
That was what I meant in the sense of being prodigies. So this is going by the rules that "we're special, but not THAT special," right?

In this regard, how skilled with our weapons or fighting styles are we allowed to be, considering our ages? You probably wouldn't want my character throwing a "one-inch punch," or being a complete master of unarmed strikes. I'm willing to surrender such things for the purpose of story, but what about techniques and undue skill with the other students and their weapons? I'd rather not assume too much or too little, and be left out in the cold because I wanted to play fair or played a little too rough.

Postby Zath » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:36 am

Okay here's the deal: If ANY student has a technique they're not sure about being too powerful, message me and I'll tell you if it is or isn't.

Postby Acktoo » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:41 pm

Question: What time period is this RP going to be centered in?
Too good for you.

Postby Zath » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:24 pm

It's modern time, in this world just a with all of the elemental stuff.

Added after 23 seconds:

Oh yeah and Imenak: accepted.

Postby Dustman » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:43 pm

Okay, I think I need to say something here. I'm in the army, and as such there are going to be times when I won't be able to post for an extended period due to training and what have you. For instance, the next two weeks? Not happening. And two or three days after that, I'll be gone for another two weeks.

What I'm saying is, my posts will, at times, be infrequent and/or non-existent. Now, I would tell you now whether or not our training schedule will interfere with at least the start of the game, but you've been noticeably ambivalent on the subject.

I'm not complaining about that, honestly; I understand that deadlines can be rather difficult to pinpoint, especially if you want a certain number of people to join in first. But if I'm not going to be there at the start of the RP when all the action is ramping up, or if most of it is going to take place during a heavy training season--or, for that matter, a deployment--then there's really no reason for me to hang around waiting for it to start.

Just throw me a bone, man; I joined the forum specifically for this RP after all.
Peace, Dustman
"Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm WRONG. I'm MAD but not ILL."
--Robert Anton Wilson, "Werewolf Bridge"

Postby Distracto » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:53 am

Hey zath i know I keep asking questions but, which magic style will be able to cast illusions?

Oh and will the Fights be one on one or all of use fighting to stay alive?
Kinda Back...we will see

Postby hellboy222 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:54 pm

student character sheet
name:landan steele

hair:short spikey blonde hair

eyes: blue

height:5'11

weight:130

description:he is built like a leopard sleek and deadly.and has a cut going across his right eye from when a farm machine malfunctioned.His skin is lightly tanned with scars of past battles.he wears a white shirt with black flame running along the bottom.

main element:darkness

sub element:light

magic type:offensive

history:he is an orphan little is known other than he was found in a field.

weapons:has 2 daggers one is silver with an ivory handle while the other is steel with an ebony hilt both are 7 inches long with ancient writng on the hilt and the gaurd is a snake curled around where the hilt and blade meet.

personality:He is care free and laid back but never turns down a challenge.he is smart and not in the bookish kind of way.and he hates it when people insult his pride or courage

dislikes:grouchy people and homework.
Last edited by hellboy222 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Karo » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:13 pm

hellboy222 wrote:student character sheet

eyes: blue but can change color depending on mood green:mad grey:sad

height:6 foot

description:he is a bit scrawny but has some muscle do to living and working on a farm his whole life.and has a cut going across his right eye from when a farm machine malfunctioned.

sub element:shadow

history:he is an orphan found in the road by a farmer. he first learned he could do magic at the age of 9 when he used it to scare off some bullies since then he has he hoped to be accepted so he can excel in the academy and become a teacher when he hits 30.

weapons:has 2 daggers one is silver the other steel both are 7 inches long with ancient writng on the hilt and the gaurd is a snake curled around where the hilt and blade meet.

personality:He is care free and laid back but never turns down a challenge.

this is my first CS how did i do.
Use proper grammar and be more descriptive.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Zath » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:48 pm

plus use the given character sheet.

And Dustman, I'm really not sure about when this RP's gunna start. I have to keep a few promises I made on this page, and that's going to be extremely difficult due to some horrible news I just recieved.

Postby cyborg902 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:24 pm

Student character sheet
Name: Conan

Age 13

Appearance: 5”5 with green eyes and a beetle hair cut, brown hair colour his head is the shape of a watermelon but not as big. He is a large boy with thick arms and legs and belly. The way he dresses is that of your regular boy with a black t-shirt with the band underowth logo on it and dark blue sweat pants

Weapon: Conan carries a large hammer with him that was Previously owned by his brother. It was made by his father who was a weapon smith the hammer has the family crest engraved on both sides of the hammers head. Along the handle is engraved the words “to my favourite son Cole may this weapon give you the strength to win any fight”
Conan uses this hammer to remind him self of how he has to catch up and surpass his brother

Personality: Conan has a short temper in regards to his weight as he feels it adds power to his attacks and an laid back slacker way of living like rarely doing his homework. Yet in battle practice he is stronger then most people and his knowledge of weapons is massive. Any mention to his family and Conan becomes distant and depressed on account of how his father and mother worshiped his protégé of a brother Cole.
(hope im not too late)
Last edited by cyborg902 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Zath » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:42 pm

Looks good, accepted.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:24 pm

cyborg902 wrote:Student character sheet
Name: Conan

Age 13

Appearance: 5”5 with green eyes and a beetle hair cut, brown hair colour his head is the shape of a watermelon but not as big. He is a large boy with thick arms and legs and belly. The way he dresses is that of your regular boy with a black t-shirt with the band underrowth logo on it and dark blue sweat pants

Weapon: Conan carries a large hammer with him that was perversely owned by his brother. It was made by his father who was a weapon smith the hammer has the family crest engraved on both sides of the hammers head. Along the handle is engraved the words “to my favourite son Cole may this weapon give you the strength to win any fight”
Conan uses this hammer to remind him self of how he has to catch up and surpass his brother

Personality: Conan has a short temper in regards to his weight as he feels it adds power to his attacks and an laid back slacker way of living like rarely doing his homework. Yet in battle practice he is stronger then most people and his knowledge of weapons is massive. Any mention to his family and Conan becomes distant and depressed on account of how his father and mother worshiped his protégé of a brother Cole.
(hope im not too late)

I think you mean *Previously* not *Perversely* unless said brother was using it for demonic rituals or something... XD

Is there a start up date yet? or are we still in planning?

Added after 2 minutes:

Karo wrote:
hellboy222 wrote:student character sheet

eyes: blue but can change color depending on mood green:mad grey:sad

height:6 foot

description:he is a bit scrawny but has some muscle do to living and working on a farm his whole life.and has a cut going across his right eye from when a farm machine malfunctioned.

sub element:shadow

history:he is an orphan found in the road by a farmer. he first learned he could do magic at the age of 9 when he used it to scare off some bullies since then he has he hoped to be accepted so he can excel in the academy and become a teacher when he hits 30.

weapons:has 2 daggers one is silver the other steel both are 7 inches long with ancient writng on the hilt and the gaurd is a snake curled around where the hilt and blade meet.

personality:He is care free and laid back but never turns down a challenge.

this is my first CS how did i do.
Use proper grammar and be more descriptive.

And USE PUNCTUATION. Remember Periods, Commas, Colons Exclamation points and their buddies are your friends.

Also, isn't it a bit strange that his main elements are Darkness and shadow, but he loves being in the light? It just seems off. You wouldn't see a Fire Adept that loves the water for example. Or an Earth adept that loved flying/skydiving. Just my opinion.

Just one more. If he's 6ft tall, (which is HUGE for a 14 yr old btw...) and has SOME muscle, He's not going to weigh 130 no matter how scrawny he may be. 180 is the average around 6ft people, so scrawny, I'd have to say 165-170 at least. MAYBE 155-160.
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby hellboy222 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:01 pm

im about 6 foot and i weigh like 130-140

Postby CarrionMan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:02 pm

You anorexic. Or aostic(yes, neo-etymology).

Postby hellboy222 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:09 pm

Okay maybe I'm 150-155 but thats because i have very a fast metabolism.Is my CS good enough now or more work?

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing