Shounen Manga Discussion(Naruto Bleach etc. spoilers inside)

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Senel » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:30 pm

Malumultimus wrote:
Senel wrote:Raiton- Can fry people, cause fires, and blow stuff up.

Hasn't yet, but okay. <.<

It could it's just that Cloud village is getting the short end of the stick.

Postby Malumultimus » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:01 pm

Senel wrote:
Malumultimus wrote:

Just because it's the Country of Lightning doesn't mean the people there are Raiton users. =o Or can use electricity at all.

And I was saying, electricity hasn't done that yet in Naruto. Perhaps it DOES do it, but we haven't seen such yet.
Dave keep your damn near racist ignorant logic as far from the other sections of the site as humanly possible because it hurts my face just thinking about it.
MG mal your just sick
Wizard Mal...you're kind of a loser. / Mal was, is, and always will be a cunt / I used to hate Mal, but I've since come to pity him.
Tazuren Mal, please, do the world a BIG FUCKING FAVOR, and drop DEAD!
Cybella YOU EGOCENTRIC IDIOT!
Kathleen mal you are the people i hate the most here...and that is saying something
Hana you misogynist fuckwad.
Sakura I hate you.
Relick not many people would really care if you left without a word.
Cali Mal's an elitist cunt that glowers in getting peopel to dislike him. He can stay the fuck out of the RP forums forever and I'll be happy and he could leave Snafu altogehter and I'd probably not even notice..and if I did, I'd be nothing but happy. Shit, he's nothing special. Just another internet troll that happens to wear a different mask.

Postby EagleMan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:07 pm

Senel, you cant really spoil anything since only people who know of the very latest of naruto things should be in this topic.

Besides focusing on another country would cause an unneccesary and dragging plot.

Re: Naruto Manga Discussion

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:17 am

Me and some friends had the realization that the fillers become a lot better when you refer to them as specific Gaidens. Like Mizuki Gaiden, or Anko Gaiden.

Postby WiNg0o » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:31 am

Fuck the fillers, I just wanna see Sharingan vs Sharingan already!!
I Killed the Boss

Postby Afternoon » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:51 pm

I actually didn't mind the Kohona Moving Cart arc. Mostly due to the Dr. McNinja relationship, but the jutsu and story worked out prety well.

Postby Ace of Flames » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:05 pm

Afternoon wrote:I actually didn't mind the Kohona Moving Cart arc. Mostly due to the Dr. McNinja relationship, but the jutsu and story worked out prety well.
You will tell me what episode this is or you will die.
I am Michael the Dick-Stabber; I seek out rapists and other such perverts to stab them in the dick!
(Inspired by Twilight Princess)

Postby LinearGust » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:16 pm

Malumultimus wrote:
Senel wrote:
Malumultimus wrote:

Just because it's the Country of Lightning doesn't mean the people there are Raiton users. =o Or can use electricity at all.

And I was saying, electricity hasn't done that yet in Naruto. Perhaps it DOES do it, but we haven't seen such yet.

most ninja at chunin level know Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu(well at least kohona)
Last edited by LinearGust on Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a CHOICE every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."-Charles Swindoll

Postby Senel » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:31 pm

LinearGust wrote:
Malumultimus wrote:
Senel wrote:
Malumultimus wrote:

most ninja at chunin level know Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu

Exactly and I'm sure there's a few dozen in Sand Village that use Wind jutsu's, and as for Mist and Rain Zabuza, Haku, and some others that I can't remember at the moment.

Postby Malumultimus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:09 pm

It's true that if you're from a certain country, you're more apt to have an affinity to its appropriate element. But, that doesn't mean you do. There's probably an equal chance of you having the appropriate affinity as there is that you don't (an example would be, out of 20 Konoha ninja, 10 have an affinity to fire, while 3 have an affinity to water, 3 have an affinity to earth, 2 have an affinity to wind, and 2 have an affinity to lightning).

It also doesn't mean that you'll even use elemental-based ninjutsu to begin with. Despite what people think, out of the 15 Genin we have become so attached to, even now, only 2 have used elemental-based ninjutsu (Naruto and Sasuke), and only 2 others are debatable pending on the terminology used (Gaara and Temari).

Of ninja we've seen use techniques, this is how many we've seen use elemental jutsu (or even just make obvious their affinity):

- 2-4/16 original Genin + Sai
- 2/4 Chuunin
- 8-9/21 Konoha/Suna/Kiri Jounin
- 3/5 Hokage
- 2/13 Oto Nin
- 3/8 Akatsuki members
Dave keep your damn near racist ignorant logic as far from the other sections of the site as humanly possible because it hurts my face just thinking about it.
MG mal your just sick
Wizard Mal...you're kind of a loser. / Mal was, is, and always will be a cunt / I used to hate Mal, but I've since come to pity him.
Kathleen mal you are the people i hate the most here...and that is saying something
Sakura I hate you.
Cali Mal's an elitist cunt that glowers in getting peopel to dislike him. He can stay the fuck out of the RP forums forever and I'll be happy and he could leave Snafu altogehter and I'd probably not even notice..and if I did, I'd be nothing but happy. Shit, he's nothing special. Just another internet troll that happens to wear a different mask.

Postby Afternoon » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:53 pm

Ace of Flames wrote:
Afternoon wrote:I actually didn't mind the Kohona Moving Cart arc. Mostly due to the Dr. McNinja relationship, but the jutsu and story worked out prety well.
You will tell me what episode this is or you will die.

188 I think. The arc is 187-191. you'll know what I'm talking about when you see the part.

Postby Senel » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:37 pm

Does anyone know where I can watch the Episodes without Youtube becaue it is blocked on my computer, it's a long story don't ask.

Postby Ace of Flames » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:16 pm

Can we just make it a law on this site for everybody to have tv.co.uk on their website list?
I am Michael the Dick-Stabber; I seek out rapists and other such perverts to stab them in the dick!

Postby Malumultimus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:01 pm

Confirmed spoiler. No one's done a non-babelfish translation, so I'll just summarize:

[spoiler]Suigetsu looks Sakon/Kimimaro-like, with jagged teeth. He hates Oro for locking him up, and he's a former student of Zabuza. In Konoha, as the gang leaves Ichiraku, Konohamaru shows up to show them that he learned Kage Bunshin no Jutsu; it's apparently a comedic scene, so he might've failed or something. Scene changes back to Sasuke recovering Zabuza's sword for Suigetsu. Sasuke then says they're going to another of Oro's hideouts to free "Juugo" and "Karin/Kourin".

Edit: Translated script up, but not worth posting. I'll just note some things:

- Juugo is in the Northern Hideout and Karin/Kourin is in the Southern Hideout; Suigetsu doesn't like those two, but Sasuke tells him he better cooperate; Suigetsu laughed after Sasuke told him to shut up; Suigetsu pressed his index finger against Sasuke's skull and tells him that just because he defeated Orochimaru, doesn't mean Sasuke's stronger than the others -- Suigetsu says they were all going to kill Oro, but it just happened to be that Sasuke was Oro's favorite and always at his side, so it was easier; Suigetsu says he's at the advantage, but then says he was kidding, and Sasuke must truly be strong (for both beating Oro and being in the team that beat his senior, Zabuza); Suigetsu then says he'll go with Sasuke, but first he has an errand to run

- "The kid" uses the sexy jutsu infront of Naruto and Sasuke and then henges into Sasuke...don't ask me, I have no idea

- Sasuke brings Suigetsu to Zabuza's grave and Suigetsu takes his sword, referring to him as "Zabuza-sempai"; Sasuke asks if Suigetsu will be able to use it, to which Suigetsu says:

"The swords of the Seven Swordsmen are passed down from generation to generation. I looked up to the Seven Swordsmen and trained so yeah…with this sword I probably wouldn’t lose even to you. Plus if we’re going to let Juugo join us then I figured that this sword would come in handy."

- Chapter ends with someone yelling "GUWAAA" and a woman saying:

"Don’t think you can just start acting up because Orochimaru died! Th…this Chakra…it…it can’t be…"

Next Chapter: "Over"[/spoiler]
Last edited by Malumultimus on Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MG mal your just sick
Sakura I hate you.

Postby WiNg0o » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:37 pm

Sasuke's starting his own four man ninja team.
I Killed the Boss

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:11 am

Are there scans up anywhere?

Even RAW is fine...

Postby Malumultimus » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:23 am

No.
MG mal your just sick
Sakura I hate you.

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:24 am

So... when are scans/scanlations usually up?

Postby Ace of Flames » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:33 am

Later today. Although last week, I think we had to wait an extra day for some stupid reason last week.

Postby Afternoon » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:00 am

Zabuza/Haku were always among my favorite characters, and I had always hoped that they would play some part later in the story. If this checks out, I'll be very excited.

Added after 5 minutes:

Also, I KNEW Raiga would mess with the canon plot...

Postby Malumultimus » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:53 pm

This is how it usually goes: 24 hours ago the real spoilers begin popping up. Nothing guarantees when or if spoiler pics will pop up. The RAW could appear from anywhere between now and in 3 days. The RAW is translated and cleaned up within an hour or two, and a few hours after that, a scanlation is finished.
MG mal your just sick
Sakura I hate you.

Postby Senel » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:55 pm

Afternoon wrote:Zabuza/Haku were always among my favorite characters, and I had always hoped that they would play some part later in the story. If this checks out, I'll be very excited.

Added after 5 minutes:

Also, I KNEW Raiga would mess with the canon plot...

What do you mean?

Postby Ace of Flames » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:41 pm

Raiga, if I recall, is a filler member of a group that Kishi came up with. The 7 Swordsmen of the Mist, to be exact.

Postby Senel » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:46 pm

Yea I know, you might want to spoil tag that just incase.

Postby Ace of Flames » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:53 pm

No, it's not at all spoiler. Both known canon Mist Swordsmen have been shown in the Anime already: Ninja Gutts (Zabuza) and Sharky (Kisame).
Last edited by Ace of Flames on Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion