Shounen Manga Discussion(Naruto Bleach etc. spoilers inside)

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby WiNg0o » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:34 am

EagleMan wrote:Unless every single clan is one big incestual family, I think they go out and find wives. I don't remember sasukes mom ever displaying a sharingan.

Neither did his dad but meh.
I Killed the Boss

Postby Afternoon » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:51 pm

It would be interesting to look at the geneology of the different clans in Naruto, but I doubt Kishi will ever make something that complex.

Postby WiNg0o » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:01 pm

Afternoon wrote:It would be interesting to look at the geneology of the different clans in Naruto, but I doubt Kishi will ever make something that complex.

That's what fillers are for.
I Killed the Boss

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:04 pm

Aren't fillers finished? Besides, I thought you folks hated them for...well, whatever reason. I just got bored after watching the Naruto/Sasuke fight and forgot about this until Shippudden(sp?) came up.
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby WiNg0o » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:09 pm

Shadowed State of Mind wrote:Aren't fillers finished? Besides, I thought you folks hated them for...well, whatever reason. I just got bored after watching the Naruto/Sasuke fight and forgot about this until Shippudden(sp?) came up.

The fillers are finished for now, but they'll be back sooner or later.
I Killed the Boss

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:11 pm

Sorry to ask what may potentially be a stupid question (only watch the show casually on Toonami and pretty much couldn't care less on spoilers here) but what are fillers and why do most folks here hate them so?
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)

Postby WiNg0o » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:15 pm

Shadowed State of Mind wrote:Sorry to ask what may potentially be a stupid question (only watch the show casually on Toonami and pretty much couldn't care less on spoilers here) but what are fillers and why do most folks here hate them so?

Because they were boring, and made it seem like Naruto was a boring same old type of anime.
I Killed the Boss

Postby LinearGust » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:25 pm

Shadowed State of Mind wrote:Sorry to ask what may potentially be a stupid question (only watch the show casually on Toonami and pretty much couldn't care less on spoilers here) but what are fillers and why do most folks here hate them so?

I don't know

I was fine and content with them(just as long as it was naruto)

I mean naruto is naruto
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a CHOICE every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."-Charles Swindoll

Postby Ace of Flames » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:27 pm

When a story divides into multiple media without changing enough of the plot, they require fillers. These unofficial add-ons to a story haults the progress of one media while the original media continues onward. While it's extremely rare that Anime fillers are enjoyable, they are, in fact, a neccisarry evil.
I am Michael the Dick-Stabber; I seek out rapists and other such perverts to stab them in the dick!
(Inspired by Twilight Princess)

Re: Naruto Manga Discussion

Postby Malumultimus » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:39 pm

The traditional definition of filler in anything (literature, music, movies, etc.) is a segment or segments of the story that bear(s) no real importance. Filler is something that a story can survive without; it's not something necessary, but is included for the sake of fleshing the story out.

In this sense, "filler" would mean anything that is irrelevant to the story and is just used to make shit longer. However, in anime, "filler" takes on a new meaning: "filler" is anything not created by the original creator. So, if a series is based on a manga, and something happens in the anime that didn't happen in the manga, that is almost definitely filler; it's something not created by the manga author, but by the anime development team.

In seemingly-neverending shounen series (such as Dragonball, Naruto, Bleach, etc.) filler is almost necessary. An anime episode will generally be produced as often as a manga chapter, but an anime episode tends to be more than one chapter. Ergo, the anime ends up catching up to the manga. Filler is used to prevent this. In Naruto, Episode 101-106 and Episode 136-Episode 220 are all filler (minus some short scenes in Episode 141; also, about a third of Episode 101 is actually from an "omake", bonus/joke, chapter written by Kishimoto).

Note: "padding" is like the baby brother of "filler". "Padding" is when the anime development team stretches scenes out for the sake of taking up more time. Though it's still considered "filler", it's referred to as "padding" since it's only fleshing the scenes out as opposed to including unimportant, non-plot-altering bullshit and possible plot holes.
Dave keep your damn near racist ignorant logic as far from the other sections of the site as humanly possible because it hurts my face just thinking about it.
MG mal your just sick
Wizard Mal...you're kind of a loser. / Mal was, is, and always will be a cunt / I used to hate Mal, but I've since come to pity him.
Tazuren Mal, please, do the world a BIG FUCKING FAVOR, and drop DEAD!
Cybella YOU EGOCENTRIC IDIOT!
Kathleen mal you are the people i hate the most here...and that is saying something
Hana you misogynist fuckwad.
Sakura I hate you.
Relick not many people would really care if you left without a word.
Cali Mal's an elitist cunt that glowers in getting peopel to dislike him. He can stay the fuck out of the RP forums forever and I'll be happy and he could leave Snafu altogehter and I'd probably not even notice..and if I did, I'd be nothing but happy. Shit, he's nothing special. Just another internet troll that happens to wear a different mask.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:59 pm

Funny. While you were both explaining I looked through past threads and found this cute little thing.

Exactly what did happen in episode 186? Do tell.

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:15 pm

[spoiler]Shino laughed[/spoiler]

Postby Ace of Flames » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:35 pm

Don't be stupid, Kazoo. Even filler monkeys (the writers) know that's impossible. Surely when a character doesn't do something so common, you know they won't ever do it. And Shino sucks like that.
Last edited by Ace of Flames on Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Michael the Dick-Stabber; I seek out rapists and other such perverts to stab them in the dick!
(Inspired by Twilight Princess)

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:48 pm

Postby LinearGust » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:10 pm

I remember shino got[spoiler] druged[/spoiler] lol
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a CHOICE every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."-Charles Swindoll

Postby Senel » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:02 pm

That was one of my favorite fillers, my favorite would be the Raiga one. Does this count as a spoiler just by saying the name?

Postby Malumultimus » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:13 pm

Senel wrote:That was one of my favorite fillers, my favorite would be the Raiga one. Does this count as a spoiler just by saying the name?

A) You like filler?

B) You like Raiga? He's a living plot hole...

Maybe your English just isn't good. I think you mean "hate", "loathe", "despise", etc.
Dave keep your damn near racist ignorant logic as far from the other sections of the site as humanly possible because it hurts my face just thinking about it.
MG mal your just sick
Wizard Mal...you're kind of a loser. / Mal was, is, and always will be a cunt / I used to hate Mal, but I've since come to pity him.
Kathleen mal you are the people i hate the most here...and that is saying something
Sakura I hate you.
Cali Mal's an elitist cunt that glowers in getting peopel to dislike him. He can stay the fuck out of the RP forums forever and I'll be happy and he could leave Snafu altogehter and I'd probably not even notice..and if I did, I'd be nothing but happy. Shit, he's nothing special. Just another internet troll that happens to wear a different mask.

Postby Senel » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:16 pm

Eh he actually showed more lightning jutsu's so that's why I liked him, and there were some good filler arcs.

Postby Malumultimus » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:21 pm

But it's filler... It's not Naruto. It's like fanfiction. I don't understand how someone can like filler. <.< It's like talking about the Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi while watching Powerpuff Girls.
MG mal your just sick
Sakura I hate you.

Postby Senel » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:28 pm

The only episode I ever saw of that show was the Rowdy Ruff boys one back a long time ago, but I really enjoy Bleedmans Doujinshi of it. And I've written plenty of fanfictions so I guess that could contribute to why I like it.

Postby LinearGust » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:12 pm

Senel wrote:Eh he actually showed more lightning jutsu's so that's why I liked him, and there were some good filler arcs.

WIND

I WANT MORE WIND JUTSUS

WIND

Postby Senel » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:07 pm

I want more lightning jutsu's other then Raikiri and anything related to that.

Postby LinearGust » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:09 pm

KAZE

KAZE!!!
cuts everything to shrapnell

Postby Senel » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:18 pm

Raiton- Can fry people, cause fires, and blow stuff up.

Postby Malumultimus » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:28 pm

Senel wrote:Raiton- Can fry people, cause fires, and blow stuff up.

Hasn't yet, but okay. <.<
MG mal your just sick
Sakura I hate you.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion