Shounen Manga Discussion(Naruto Bleach etc. spoilers inside)

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Malumultimus » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:25 pm

Afternoon wrote:I thought it was based on Fans

That's where the name comes from, yes...
Dave keep your damn near racist ignorant logic as far from the other sections of the site as humanly possible because it hurts my face just thinking about it.
MG mal your just sick
Wizard Mal...you're kind of a loser. / Mal was, is, and always will be a cunt / I used to hate Mal, but I've since come to pity him.
Tazuren Mal, please, do the world a BIG FUCKING FAVOR, and drop DEAD!
Cybella YOU EGOCENTRIC IDIOT!
Kathleen mal you are the people i hate the most here...and that is saying something
Hana you misogynist fuckwad.
Sakura I hate you.
Relick not many people would really care if you left without a word.
Cali Mal's an elitist cunt that glowers in getting peopel to dislike him. He can stay the fuck out of the RP forums forever and I'll be happy and he could leave Snafu altogehter and I'd probably not even notice..and if I did, I'd be nothing but happy. Shit, he's nothing special. Just another internet troll that happens to wear a different mask.

Postby Afternoon » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:10 pm

Can you explain the crows bit?
I know that most of the chacters in Naruto are based on Japanese mthology/folklore, but I've never really taken the time to read into it.

Postby Jonathon Redley » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:54 pm

If anything, Sasuke's CS2 form is more based off of the tengu than a crow.
Quote of the Moment
Nix wrote:Forget constructive dialog, debate or differing points of view; from now on I think we should all just throw shoes whenever we disagree with somebody. That's what civilized, responsible people do. Eat shoe, political detractors!

Postby Malumultimus » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:23 am

Jonathon Redley wrote:If anything, Sasuke's CS2 form is more based off of the tengu than a crow.

That's what I'm talking about. <.< Kishimoto has a lot of Tengu references in Naruto. It's obvious the Uchihas are part of this reference (eg. Sasuke's CS2 is a crow, in Itachi's genjutsu he broke up into crows, lots of Kishimoto's art of Sasuke has Tengu references such as riding a giant crow or playing a flute). Also, the Temple of Fire is full of Tengu references - the two giant statues in the front are the Tengu's two forms: the crow and the human with a long-ass nose.

EDIT:

New spoilers out for the new chapter. Wow... Definitely NOT what anyone expected. So much to ponder...
Dave keep your damn near racist ignorant logic as far from the other sections of the site as humanly possible because it hurts my face just thinking about it.
MG mal your just sick
Wizard Mal...you're kind of a loser. / Mal was, is, and always will be a cunt / I used to hate Mal, but I've since come to pity him.
Kathleen mal you are the people i hate the most here...and that is saying something
Sakura I hate you.
Cali Mal's an elitist cunt that glowers in getting peopel to dislike him. He can stay the fuck out of the RP forums forever and I'll be happy and he could leave Snafu altogehter and I'd probably not even notice..and if I did, I'd be nothing but happy. Shit, he's nothing special. Just another internet troll that happens to wear a different mask.

Postby EagleMan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:55 pm

Wait what? The edit...Either I misinterpreted that or your seeing things.

Postby Afternoon » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:15 pm

Yeah, occassionally spoilers will make it out before any RAW scans hit the internet. I've seen two so far that have proved to be real. Can you link to this one, Malu?

Re: Naruto Manga Discussion

Postby Malumultimus » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:01 am

Okay. I'll just re-tell it and post the pictures. Spoilers for the new chapter:

[spoiler]Kabuto asks Sasuke, "Who are you?" Sasuke uses his Sharingan to show Kabuto what happened in the mental world: Sasuke's will dissolves the world and he says, "Orochimaru, no matter what jutsu you have, before eyes such as these... Well, you should get the point by now." It shows Orochimaru in agony and Sasuke overtakes him. (The person who posted the original Japanese spoiler said to look here for something interesting, but there are no pics of it and he never said what to look for. People assume that something was shown to allude to Orochimaru surviving.)

Scene changes to Tsunade performing an autopsy on Kakuzu. (Picture) Tsunade says that Naruto's new jutsu destroys his own cells and tenketsu, and as such, it is now forbidden. (Note: Nothing's ever stopped Naruto - or any character - from using kinjutsu before, anyways. It's just that now, Naruto won't be able to spam the jutsu - in my opinion, that's a good thing.)

(Final two pages) Scene changes back to a room full of pipes and tubes which lead to various vats of liquid. Sasuke walks up to one of these vats and the liquid speaks to him: "Ah, it's definitely you... If so, it seems you have defeated Orochimaru?" Sasuke responds, "Yeah... More importantly than that, I'm getting you out of here." (Picture) Sasuke slashes open the vat, causing the liquid to pour out. The puddle begins to form a person with long hair, and they say, "At last, you've done it... Thanks alot, Sasuke." Sasuke reponds, "Suigetsu...we'll start with you. Come with me." (Picture)

Some notes:

- Sui (water) getsu (moon) is a famous Japanese/Chinese/Buddhist metaphor, and means the reflection a moon gives off in bodies of water. In Japanese, kyoukasuigetsu (as the moon reflects on the water, the flowers reflect on a mirror) is an analogy for poetry, in which words cannot describe the true meaning of poetry. The "watery moon" (more commonly "suigatsu") is also popular in Buddhism, in various forms (it is sometimes: paired with "tengatsu" the "heavenly moon", considered a metaphor for things such as shadows, echoes, mirages, etc., or related to the solar plexus, inbetween the fire and water chakras).

- Suigetsu speaks very informally and simply calls Sasuke "Sasuke" (not "Sasuke-kun" or "Sasuke-chan" or etc.). The way Suigetsu speaks, it's impossible to tell whether they are male or female, and we can't assume whether they always speak informally or not, but it seems to be the case that they and Sasuke are atleast friends of some sort.[/spoiler]
MG mal your just sick
Sakura I hate you.

Postby CogitoIJ » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:36 am

Damn you Mal ><

Tempting me with spoilers, must try and resist. >.<

Postby LinearGust » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:37 pm

[quote="Malumultimus"]
Some notes:
[spoiler]
- Sui (water) getsu (moon) is a famous Japanese/Chinese/Buddhist metaphor, and means the reflection a moon gives off in bodies of water. In Japanese, kyoukasuigetsu (as the moon reflects on the water, the flowers reflect on a mirror) is an analogy for poetry, in which words cannot describe the true meaning of poetry. The "watery moon" (more commonly "suigatsu") is also popular in Buddhism, in various forms (it is sometimes: paired with "tengatsu" the "heavenly moon", considered a metaphor for things such as shadows, echoes, mirages, etc., or related to the solar plexus, inbetween the fire and water chakras).[/spoiler]

[spoiler]WATER1!!! MOON!!!!FLOWER!!!!

AIZEN!!!! AIZEN!!!!!!![/spoiler]
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a CHOICE every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."-Charles Swindoll

Postby EagleMan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:01 pm

Augh I shoudl've checked this thread, I Waited until today to read it.

Postby Afternoon » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:36 pm

As far as the mysterious liquid man... I don't know about anyone else, but I've got no idea what that is about.
I guess my hopes of Kabuto revealing himself to be kickass are unfounded. He just sort of stood there, terrified.

Postby WiNg0o » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:10 am

Is it me or is Sasuke acting less evil, or just have a less evil feel anymore?
I Killed the Boss

Postby Malumultimus » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:57 am

WiNg0o wrote:Is it me or is Sasuke acting less evil, or just have a less evil feel anymore?

He was never truly evil. He's yet to even kill anyone.
MG mal your just sick
Sakura I hate you.

Postby EagleMan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:13 pm

WiNg0o wrote:Is it me or is Sasuke acting less evil, or just have a less evil feel anymore?

Well he has a less evil feel, but was never really evil.

Probably the only person he would wish to die is Itachi.

Postby SpellRuler » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:00 pm

I'm wondering if Sasuke would return to Konoha now. And if he would, would he be allowed to return as if nothing has happened?
Keeper: Welcome to the forums. And yes, don't try to bitch with Ganon. He can be a nice guy, but act like a bastard to him and you're comparing that to a battle between a yellow-belt martial-artist, and a guy with a tomigun. You ain't gonna win.

Smaug & Nix: Smaug: I was hoping for a perfect mold of your penis. But that'll have to wait. Nix: Smaug, you know you don't need a mold of it, you can have the real deal any time you want.

Dave & Yoshi: Dave: A better question would be can a Sledgehammer stop my boner. This is what the people REALLY want to know. Yoshi: .. See, now why are scientists not researching something worthwhile, like that?

Pokemon Pearl FC: 1933 7298 5053 Name: Blitz

Postby LinearGust » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:21 pm

SpellRuler wrote:I'm wondering if Sasuke would return to Konoha now. And if he would, would he be allowed to return as if nothing has happened?

I doubt that he would. It's not like he has a reason to go back. he could go right after Ittachi
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a CHOICE every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."-Charles Swindoll

Postby Afternoon » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:04 pm

I wonder what's going to happen next time Sasuke encounters team 7. They can't really save him from Orochimaru now, and forcing him to give up on Itachi would just make him despise them. He might accept their help now that's he's grown so much, but after threatening to kill them all, I imagine the reunion will be awkward...

Postby EagleMan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:22 pm

Personally, I think they should develop Itachi more.
If you realize it, he's very crucial to the whole story of naruto and could hold major influence on the rest of the story.

Postby LinearGust » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:49 pm

yeah sasuke would have nothing to do if was dead

Postby EagleMan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:55 pm

He did say his second goal was to restore his clan remember?

Postby LinearGust » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:00 pm

EagleMan wrote:He did say his second goal was to restore his clan remember?

restore............

Postby EagleMan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:02 pm

Ya know that post is very useless and leaves nothing to respond to...

Just for future knowledge.

Postby Afternoon » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:33 pm

That was actually one of the first things he ever said as a member of Team 7. Ah, the memories. I think he overlooked the bit where killing his brother would leave him as the last Uchiha, and reviving his clan would have to involve a lot of incest.

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:48 pm

You don't NEED inbreeding to get the sharingan or other Uchiha traits on the baby, but it certainly ups the chances.

Postby EagleMan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:06 pm

Unless every single clan is one big incestual family, I think they go out and find wives. I don't remember sasukes mom ever displaying a sharingan.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion