Shounen Manga Discussion(Naruto Bleach etc. spoilers inside)

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Shounen Manga Discussion(Naruto Bleach etc. spoilers inside)

Postby G-O » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:35 pm

Well, I guess he did kill him after all....or did he?
Last edited by G-O on Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Naruto Manga Chapter 345

Postby Bri » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:42 pm

Thank you G-O
Last edited by Bri on Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Naruto Manga Chapter 345

Postby LinearGust » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:07 pm

maybe hummmmm...........

I DON'T KNOW
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a CHOICE every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."-Charles Swindoll

Postby ChinaJones » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:27 pm

I think Sasuke = Win b/c he is better that Oro

Postby Ace of Flames » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:04 pm

Better logic: It's Sosuke because he doesn't have a creepy ass smile.
I am Michael the Dick-Stabber; I seek out rapists and other such perverts to stab them in the dick!
(Inspired by Twilight Princess)

Postby WiNg0o » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:14 pm

This entire manga was just meant to make you wanna find the next one asap.
I Killed the Boss

Postby Ace of Flames » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:17 pm

You mean chapter?
I am Michael the Dick-Stabber; I seek out rapists and other such perverts to stab them in the dick!

Postby Malumultimus » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:57 pm

I think Sasuke won, because he lacks the Oro eyes, and he isn't acting like the egotistical, wicked creep that Orochimaru is - he just quietly says, "Kabuto?" and then casually walks out of the room, and looks back at Kabuto with an emo look. Definitely Sasuke.

But it's sad, because Oro is cool; Sasuke's a fgt. I'm almost 100% positive that there wasn't a decisive winner, and the outcome to what happened is something special and unexpected.

ChinaJones wrote:I think Sasuke = Win b/c he is better that Oro

No.

Ace of Flames wrote:Better logic: It's Sosuke because he doesn't have a creepy ass smile.

How? How can you consistently misspell Sasuke? It's not a difficult name. It's not even an obscure, awkward name, or anything.
Dave keep your damn near racist ignorant logic as far from the other sections of the site as humanly possible because it hurts my face just thinking about it.
MG mal your just sick
Wizard Mal...you're kind of a loser. / Mal was, is, and always will be a cunt / I used to hate Mal, but I've since come to pity him.
Tazuren Mal, please, do the world a BIG FUCKING FAVOR, and drop DEAD!
Cybella YOU EGOCENTRIC IDIOT!
Kathleen mal you are the people i hate the most here...and that is saying something
Hana you misogynist fuckwad.
Sakura I hate you.
Relick not many people would really care if you left without a word.
Cali Mal's an elitist cunt that glowers in getting peopel to dislike him. He can stay the fuck out of the RP forums forever and I'll be happy and he could leave Snafu altogehter and I'd probably not even notice..and if I did, I'd be nothing but happy. Shit, he's nothing special. Just another internet troll that happens to wear a different mask.

Postby Ace of Flames » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:13 pm

I'm simply not good with Japanese names, which is why I like hardly Japanese Anime because the names are always so easy to remember.

And I still say fuck anything with "maru" in it.

Re: Naruto Manga Discussion

Postby Malumultimus » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:41 pm

Saying things with "maru" in it are difficult to remember is like saying English surnames with "-son" in it are hard to remember. They are not - you just don't try, because you're ignorant. For the average person, remembering Japanese names is no more difficult than remembering any other names they aren't used to. If you just show some effort (or an IQ that'll get you out of working in fast food for the rest of your life) you'll see that they are no more difficult to remember than English names - and they aren't.
Dave keep your damn near racist ignorant logic as far from the other sections of the site as humanly possible because it hurts my face just thinking about it.
MG mal your just sick
Wizard Mal...you're kind of a loser. / Mal was, is, and always will be a cunt / I used to hate Mal, but I've since come to pity him.
Kathleen mal you are the people i hate the most here...and that is saying something
Sakura I hate you.
Cali Mal's an elitist cunt that glowers in getting peopel to dislike him. He can stay the fuck out of the RP forums forever and I'll be happy and he could leave Snafu altogehter and I'd probably not even notice..and if I did, I'd be nothing but happy. Shit, he's nothing special. Just another internet troll that happens to wear a different mask.

Postby Ace of Flames » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:57 pm

Any Japanese name more than 3 sylabols is hard to remember whether you like it or not.

Ochi's full name is certainly harder to remember than the likes of "Jason".

Postby Malumultimus » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:07 am

Ace of Flames wrote:Any Japanese name more than 3 sylabols is hard to remember whether you like it or not.

Sasuke... You also gave nicknames to Itachi and Kisame, and even people with less syllables.

Ace of Flames wrote:Ochi's full name is certainly harder to remember than the likes of "Jason".

To you, maybe. Orochimaru rolls off the tongue. And since you know there's a "-maru," you're really only remembering "Orochi" - which is three syllables.
MG mal your just sick
Sakura I hate you.

Postby Ace of Flames » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:20 am

Less than 3 sylabols? Who?

Besides, I like "Ochi". It sounds cute.

Postby Malumultimus » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:32 am

Ace of Flames wrote:Less than 3 sylabols? Who?

Tobi. And Orochimaru is really easy to pronounce. Just say it like "a/uh Roachy"-maru.

Anyways, now that I think about it...

- Cover makes it seem like Oro won
- Oro can't die like that, and it would seem that if he failed to possess Sasuke, he's dead, while Sasuke can still live in that weird "realm" in order to be saved
- The reactions were Kishimoto's way of casually tricking us into thinking Sasuke won

Oro won.
MG mal your just sick
Sakura I hate you.

Postby LinearGust » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:47 am

Ace of Flames wrote:Besides, I like "Ochi". It sounds cute.

ehhhh........I can't see snakes as cute
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a CHOICE every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."-Charles Swindoll

Postby EagleMan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:58 am

Oro won but Sasukes conscious is still dormant and will take over with his all oro's powers and yayayayayada he faces itachi or naruto or something. Kabuto? Maybe.

Postby CarrionMan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:11 am

No, he's going to blow you all away, by revealing that neither won, and now Sasuke is controlled by a small child named "Ichi", who is a nija prodigy soon to join the Dawns(can't remember how to spell Japanese name).

Postby Jonathon Redley » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:11 am

CarrionMan wrote:No, he's going to blow you all away, by revealing that neither won, and now Sasuke is controlled by a small child named "Ichi", who is a nija prodigy soon to join the Dawns(can't remember how to spell Japanese name).

Akatsuki.
Quote of the Moment
Nix wrote:Forget constructive dialog, debate or differing points of view; from now on I think we should all just throw shoes whenever we disagree with somebody. That's what civilized, responsible people do. Eat shoe, political detractors!

Postby Afternoon » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:00 am

Orochimaru won, but Sasuke's not out of it yet.

Kabuto said that Sasuke wouldn't likely survive the body transfer, which suggests that there is potentially a way for someone whose body is overtaken to still live. My guess is that once Orochimaru transfers his soul, the soul of the previous owner dies away in most cases. That being said, it might be possible for a soul to survive within him. Kishi wrote that only one had survived, but maybe it's possible that Sasuke was taken over, but their separate souls combined into one?

Also, the sections with Orochimaru and Itachi were a little hard to understand. Where the spikes part of the Mangekyou sharingan, and if so, why did it happen during the soul transfer ritual? Did Itachi cut off Orochimaru's arm?

Postby Ace of Flames » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:30 am

That was a flashback to when Ochi left the Demon Theives. My guess is, Crabby was taunting him for making such a decision.

Postby Malumultimus » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:44 am

Luffy, please go die in a fire. Ochi? Demon Thieves? Crabby? WTF? Stay away from anime...

Afternoon wrote:Also, the sections with Orochimaru and Itachi were a little hard to understand. Where the spikes part of the Mangekyou sharingan, and if so, why did it happen during the soul transfer ritual? Did Itachi cut off Orochimaru's arm?

It seems Orochimaru approached Itachi, to which Itachi put him in a genjutsu. After breaking out of the genjutsu = where the panels begin: Orochimaru walks towards him, criticizing himself for so easily falling into a genjutsu. Then, Itachi used some binding jutsu which vertically impaled him with giant stakes, seemingly instantly - this cut off Orochimaru's hand. This jutsu is probably a high-level jutsu affiliated with the Sharingan, as we see Sasuke do it to Orochimaru during the soul transfer (and although Orochimaru is impressed that he did it to him, just like Itachi did, Orochimaru seems less affected by it, perhaps due to it not being in the real world where he actually has a body to impale).

It seems that Orochimaru decided Itachi was his ideal container, and when Itachi resisted so easily, Orochimaru realized just how powerful he was. This caused him to leave Akatsuki. It seems that Orochimaru probably would've left Akatsuki, anyways, after having attained Itachi's body, but things didn't go as planned - he still had to leave, though...why would you stay when Itachi could just kill you for trying to possess him, or the others could mock you for getting so easily pwned?
MG mal your just sick
Sakura I hate you.

Postby Ace of Flames » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:51 am

No.

Postby Afternoon » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:19 am

has anyone else noticed how often Kishi just skips over fights?

-Dosu vs Gaara (yeah it was quick, but we didn't see anything)
-Tenmari vs Tenten
-Genma and other vs Sound 4
-Sasori vs Kankuro
-Team Gai vs clones
-Tobi a & Deidara vs Sanbi
-Hidan & Kakazu vs Nibi
-Hidan & Kakazu vs Temple of Fire
-Sasuke vs Orochimaru

I know it helps the overall story progress faster, and provides the anime with an oppertunity to expland material, but it's kind of disappointing to have a suspensful battle set up in one chapter, and by the start of the next have it already finished.

Re: Naruto Manga Discussion

Postby G-O » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:11 pm

Whenever battles like that happen, it's usually to show the readers how powerful these people really are. If he was to illustrate every single battle, it would ruin the suspense of a later battle where you wouldn't be as impressed because you've seen the technique before or you could instantly tell who was going to win. I don't think he really cares whether the anime animates it or not, it's Kishimototo's story to do with as he pleases so if he draws everyone pooping for example, the animators would have no choice but to do that either since it's part of the overall story.

Atleast, that's what I belive.

I doubt Orochi finished his jutsu since it looked like sasuke got him into a sharingan genjutsu at the last second, most likely he must have made orochimaru believe he had actually won but rather instead transfered his soul into like a rat or something. But if he did succeed, then there might still be a piece of sasuke alive inside and awaiting to re-awake at a later date like some people have said. I doubt they would get rid of neither of the two characters because they are key-elements and would leave to many plot holes.

Postby Vis » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:37 pm

I couldn't help but think that Sasuke looked really really sad on that last page. Makes me think something dreadful's happened. I'm not quite sure... maybe some fusion? Maybe a Naruto/Kyuubi relationship happening? A Bruce Baner/Hulk thing?

Who knows.
Zepherin: Vis is on the snickers bar redbull and hot night sex regiment.

Location: With a wink and a wiggle and a twirl of my walking stick...

Next

Return to Snafu General Discussion