The X Institute OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Postby Existencial_Heresy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:39 am

Just throwing these out.

''Grave robbers''

''Death's Hand''

''Jade song''

''Oracle''

''The Crimson Watch''

''Jackal Squad''

''Carpe Diem''

''The Rabid Monkeys''

''Shattered Souls''

''Insomniax''

''Conniption''

''The Iron Fist''

etc.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:39 am

Claimh Solais

XD If we're taking sword names out of Castlevania AOS and DOS XD
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby Kyuu » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:41 am

I'm telling you guys, x squared is way better...

ok, I'll stop with the math sarcasm...

We could be called Zulu Dawn...

lol
Movie reference.

Postby Dorian » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:41 am

Illuminati Sancti and Insidious Vision
Never asked for this

Postby Existencial_Heresy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:50 am

Oh, or references to mythical groups.

The Tuatha de Danaan, The Morrigan, Jotnar, Bolg, Gogmagog, Gothmog. Thuringwethil (woman of the secret shadow), Ainur or even The Valar.

Added after 3 minutes:

Don't forget, we have to name two squads.

Re: The X Institute OOC - Time to think up some team names!

Postby Imenak » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:02 am

To all those who got a PM from me, it was in an 'IC' type tone, so don't bother replying back to me. Unless, of course, you really find it absolutely necessary.

Oh, and I like the fact that everyone's actually starting with the names. Yay! Before any of you starting thinking up of even MORE new ones, though, take a look at the ones suggested so far. If the all really don't sound good to you (and you don't want to back them), THEN suggest your own.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Existencial_Heresy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:06 am

Oh I didn't realize. -_-()

Postby BobSagat » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:43 am

Well, I think that everyone is forgeting that we're a bunch of teenagers so having crazy sort of whatever names doesn't really work...

Similar names for a series of squads:

The Tigers

The Lions

The Panthers
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Dorian » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:57 am

Cascade wrote:Zero Dividers would sound cool, but that's too close to the name of a terrible fighting game.

I think Durandal is a good choice. There's already an Excalibur superhero team, so why not other famous swords?
In fact, the teams could all be named after swords to make things consistent, if so desired. Durandal, Ascalon, Cortana, etc.

I support Cas' idea for the sword names or something that sounds similar.

You also have to look at this in the comic sense and how those teams are named. Something like NeXt Generation (just an example, as it's too similar to the preexisting Generation X).

Genesis Cell/Advent Cell would be a decent team names, replacing Team with Cell so you didn't have to say "Team Genesis" or something cheesy. Also a play on words with Cell.
Never asked for this

Postby Tuor » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:04 am

Fractured Cell?

Added after 56 seconds:

Or we could have som realyl cheesy name like the name of a Highschool sport team. Like the Spartans, or the bears.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby aj_gatsz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:08 am

One question. Do we have or personal stuff with us? Or did we already moved into our rooms?

Postby Cascade » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:08 am

I for one would not mind having a team with a cheesy name if it had some kind of meaning to the members and was endearing.

Like, for example, a pumpkin could represent tough problems, because its rind is hard and durable, and a pair of gardening tools, let's say scissors, could represent the power to crack that hard shell. :3
FUKKATSU

Postby Existencial_Heresy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:10 am

What like ''Pumpkin Shears''?

Postby BobSagat » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:18 am

Dorian wrote:Genesis Cell/Advent Cell

I like the whole "Blah Cell" idea. But Genesis/Advent seems a bit over dramatic.

But I think it's the best so far.
2pro

Postby aj_gatsz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:21 am

What about "Splinter Cell"? It's a famous game, and well...we are a bunch of kids. :))

Postby BobSagat » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:13 am

No.

And Imenak, my CS has been edited.
2pro

Postby Glahardt » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:16 am

You might wanna add Laura aka X-23 in the off-limits canon characters list, she's Logan's female clone, and is supposed to be slightly younger than Kitty and the bunch.

Postby Imenak » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:14 am

aj_gatsz wrote:One question. Do we have or personal stuff with us? Or did we already moved into our rooms?

You're already moved in.

@Glahardt: I've already considered it, among a few other characters

@Bob: You've been accepted.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Hana » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:53 am

Thought I should get my character in, though I don't wish to start playing immediately.

Name: Miranda Elsing

Appearance: Miranda, at 4'11", is a mousy-looking girl, mostly due to the way that she hunches her shoulders forward and tries to be as small and inconspicous as possible. Her hair is a rich chestnut brown, cropped very short to her head in an almost pixie-like cut, though it's begun to grow out a bit. Her eyebrows are thin, due to a nervous habit of picking at them, plucking the hairs away, and her nails are trimmed/bitten very short, almost to the point that she has no more nail than what grows on the nail bed. Her hands are regularly covered by long sleeves, to disguise an almost ever-present tremble in her fingers, and her dark brown eyes are nearly always cast to the floor when they are not looking about in a nervous, panicked sort of way. She is NEVER without either a CD player or an MP3-player, with noise-cancellation type headphones, and a beat-up composition notebook (which is regularly held to her meager chest.) She is slim and almost sickly-looking, as though she's been malnourished, and her skin is very pale from lack of sun exposure.

Changes in-game: Miranda now sports a headband made of silvery metal.

Personality: Miranda tries to be non-existant. Being the center of attention seems to be like her own personal hell. She is flighty and nervous, and jumps at shadows and sounds...And sometimes nothing at all. She has a few bad habits, such as picking at her eyebrows, biting her nails, and chewing her bottom lip raw, as well a dislike of even talking to other people. When she speaks, it is usually with a halting stutter, and she rarely makes eye contact. Most of the time, she is content to sit somewhere out of the way, with her headphones on and music blaring, writing in her notebook with a crayon (which is always a shade of blue).

Changes in-game: She's ever-so-slightly more comfortable with people now, especially those she has decided she can trust (John, Kennedy, Vera, and Hank), and has almost overcome her stutter, though it still creeps into her speech occasionally. She is both calmer and more mercurial, from the effect the students and teachers at the Institute have had on her.
Last edited by Hana on Thu May 03, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Chaotic_Redder » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:08 am

Firstly *is glad he got accepted* secondly, I can try to add to it a little if that's alright.
Garren Lagann - Proving that sometimes, yelling and pointing is all you need to do to be completely awesome.

Postby Continuum » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:13 pm

Name: Ryan Brunstack

Appearance: Ryan is rather tall and lanky, averaging about 6’1”. He’s also fairly skinny with pale complexion. He has light brown hair that kind of just spills over his head which he often has to push out of his eyes, a fairly round face, and light blue eyes. While he isn’t very strong, he is quite fast. He can’t really stand in once place for a long time and often does something in class or standing up to ease himself. He usually wears glasses and a silver necklace with a cross on it.

Personality: Ryan doesn’t really enjoy the company of other people, opting to keep to himself rather than socializing with his fellow students. He tries to understand other people and usually does, which is exactly why he doesn’t like other people. He feels awkward when talking to them. Ryan is open to teamwork when it’s needed though and helps people who come to him for help. He’s fairly smart, analyzes everything, and enjoys learning. Even though he knows what to do in situations, he doesn’t have very good leadership skills, isn’t good at communicating, and is lazy, although he’ll do his homework just for the sake of staying at the Institute.

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:54 pm

Existencial_Heresy wrote:What like ''Pumpkin Shears''?

I think "Pumpkin Scissors" would work better. :3

We should also have another one named Claymore One.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Hana » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:59 pm

Dude, what about Caladbolg? Do not forget Caladbolg!

Added after 4 minutes:

And let us not forget OTHER mythical weapons like Mjolnir and Gungnir. *nods wisely*
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Tuor » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:01 pm

Yes, I like those.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Continuum » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:06 pm

MJOLNIR was used by Halo tho'. Best name evar.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing