The X Institute OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Postby Chaotic_Redder » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:32 am

Name: Johnathan "Johnny" West

Appearance: Johnathan keeps himself in the epitome of relaxed as far as how he looks. His hairs a bit unruly with strands of dark red hair out of place most of the time. He isn't very fit as far as physically, but he's only a little lanky. He wears glasses, and has dark blue eyes and his only constant accessory is a worn book bag which seems mostly full of Magic: The Gathering cards.

Personality: He tends to be a bit of a geek at times, but he's a genuinely nice guy. He also has a tendency to 'clown around' a little more than he should, but never about anything too serious. He will spend most of his time trying to lighten the mood rather than become depressed even if it comes off as a little juvanile and if anything will try to keep people around him from taking themselves too seriously. Also has a bit of a tendency to ramble on about random trivia if it fits into a conversation.
Last edited by Chaotic_Redder on Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garren Lagann - Proving that sometimes, yelling and pointing is all you need to do to be completely awesome.

Postby Dorian » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:21 am

I could not, for the life of me, think of an original character. I literally sat thinking, searching various superhero pages etc, trying to be inspired, but nothing came to me, so i'm just going to go with a canon favorite of mine and just hope no one mimiced his power yet. I also felt he was a good choice as far as personality went, as the majority of characters seem to be rather 'nice'.

He won't be based on the comic version, however, as I know almost nothing about him in that state. Therefore if that doesn't sit well with you, then obviously you'll let me know.

Name: John Allerdyce

Appearance: 5'9" and average build with short chestnut hair usually slicked back or spiked up depending on his mood. His teal eyes always have a slight shimmer of mischief to them. He usually retains a serious and docile expression, but has an unmistakable arrogant smirk that surfaces often enough. He prefers dark or beige colored clothing, typical to that of a male teen with his personality. He always carries a Zippo lighter which he'll constantly flick open and light, much to the annoyance of others.

Personality: Overconfident, imperious and defiant are a few of many ways to describe John. While not overly rebellious or mischievious, he often is considered one of the more troublesome students at the school as he doesn't put much focus on his studies and prefers to mess around. This often shows in his actions also as he tends to be reckless and bold, which sometimes leans in his favor. His generally selfish attitude also doesn't make him the most cooperative teammate, but despite this, he is intelligent and when things do get serious, he can be an incredibly valuable ally. Even with this brash exterior, John isn't heartless, and at times may even surprise others with an act of kindness.
Never asked for this
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grey » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:25 pm

Name: Franz Bowdenzug

Appearance:
Standing at around 5’9”, Franz is some what bulky, with cloud-white skin. He can beat most normal people at arm-wrestling, but that’s only because of his upbringing. His deep, amber eyes decorate his otherwise plain face – he looks far older than he is, with a crooked nose a yellowing smile. Franz seems worn and tired almost all of the time. Premature wrinkles creep along his face, like worms. Franz’s pale scalp is bare, aside from the small black stubble lines his head.

Personality: Franz is proud, and quite touchy to personal remarks, especially when they refer to his father. He’s quite serious, and doesn’t know how to take a joke. Franz is often seen as being a bit sour, like he doesn’t know how to have fun. He has a strong sense of duty, and often puts himself in peril for the benefit of others. He is very proud of his heritage, he sometimes seems ignorant of other cultures, but never means any harm.

--

Pretty drained from schoolwork, but hope this will suffice.
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Postby Existencial_Heresy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:11 pm

So . . . are we supposed to be discussing the squad names in the forum or what? Because I am almost certain Imenak has something wicked up his sleeve if we dont.

Re: The X Institute OOC *Sign ups are open*

Postby aj_gatsz » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:16 pm

Honestly, I don't know. I mean the squad name should represent the profile of the squad, but we don't know who is in which squad.

Postby Aura » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:22 pm

Just mention some names you would like to have a your squad name, no matter who's in your squad and who isn't. The best names would be the ones used when we know who are the squads members.

It's just an idea.

Postby Imenak » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:06 pm

The squads are always subject to change, so naming based on who's in it would be pointless anyway (you are all not part of some permanent superhero team). I'm giving you all the option to come up with a name because I want you guys to have a choice/say in the matter. Honestly, it'd be less work on my part to do this storyline-wise and have the adviser name the squad (i.e., me).

@Chaotic_Redder: Could've use more detail on the personality. Accepted.

@Dorian: It's fine, you're accepted.

@Grey: Very interesting power there. Accepted.

Special Note: Since things are swelling to enormous sizes, CSes are going to be judged a little differently now. Which basically means I'm going to be a little stricter in accepting, and giving out no more benefits of the doubt. I'm going to want some detail now (hmm... should've done it sooner). This new policy doesn't affect those still under consideration, or have told me they're still working on their CS.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Karo » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:33 pm

I'll try and think of something. If I come up with anything good, it'll be up tonight.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:13 pm

Team Centurio = lawl
みんなのモデレーターToastCrustだよ★
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | Tumblr | MAL

Postby Forgotten memories » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:18 pm

NO! Team Nutsy! ;)
Where there's a will, I want in it.
Always up for a game of chess or checkers, if my YIM is working.
Hasegawa Rayven wrote:Crown Forgotten "The King of All Naruto D Burners"

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:20 pm

Team Cheerio
みんなのモデレーターToastCrustだよ★

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:21 pm

Team Black Thunder
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Kyuu » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:22 pm

I like X squared....

Postby Fellguarde » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:25 pm

Team Serious Business.

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:34 pm

Team π
みんなのモデレーターToastCrustだよ★

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:37 pm

Team ∞
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:38 pm

みんなのモデレーターToastCrustだよ★

Postby lyca » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:38 pm

The /b/ squad. . .

or /x/.

or specials.
Stuck in the see-through zone.

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:44 pm

lyca wrote:The /b/ squad. . .

BAM! TO BEHOLD, A BODY AGAINST PUBLIC BAD-DOINGS, BUILT OF BOTH BRILLIANCE AND BARBARITY BY BASTARDS WITH BONERS. THIS BASTION, NO MERE BULWARK OF BOREDOM, IS A BRUTAL BARRAGE OF BLISTERING BULLSHIT, BARELY BENEVOLENT... BUT BEHIND THE BIGOTRY AND BOOBS, BEYOND THE BITTER BROADCASTS OF BRAGGING BUFFOONS: HERE BE THE BODY PENANCE. A BROTHERHOOD OF BLASPHEMY, BLESSED WITH MORE BALLS THAN BRAINS, BATTLING THE BLAND, THE BOGUS, THE BENIGN. BEDLAM? BRING IT ON. BUT I BABBLE... BETTER TO BE BRIEF. YOU MAY CALL US /B/
みんなのモデレーターToastCrustだよ★

Postby Kyuu » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:45 pm

Team i

You know...

imaginary number....

lol

Postby Forgotten memories » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:03 pm

42 *Nods sagely*
Where there's a will, I want in it.
Always up for a game of chess or checkers, if my YIM is working.
Hasegawa Rayven wrote:Crown Forgotten "The King of All Naruto D Burners"

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:07 pm

Team ℝ/0
みんなのモデレーターToastCrustだよ★

Postby Glahardt » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:19 pm

Jase wrote:
lyca wrote:The /b/ squad. . .

BAM! TO BEHOLD, A BODY AGAINST PUBLIC BAD-DOINGS, BUILT OF BOTH BRILLIANCE AND BARBARITY BY BASTARDS WITH BONERS. THIS BASTION, NO MERE BULWARK OF BOREDOM, IS A BRUTAL BARRAGE OF BLISTERING BULLSHIT, BARELY BENEVOLENT... BUT BEHIND THE BIGOTRY AND BOOBS, BEYOND THE BITTER BROADCASTS OF BRAGGING BUFFOONS: HERE BE THE BODY PENANCE. A BROTHERHOOD OF BLASPHEMY, BLESSED WITH MORE BALLS THAN BRAINS, BATTLING THE BLAND, THE BOGUS, THE BENIGN. BEDLAM? BRING IT ON. BUT I BABBLE... BETTER TO BE BRIEF. YOU MAY CALL US /B/
Gogogo. We need a /b/ and an /i/.

Postby Dorian » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:22 pm

Team Therion!
Never asked for this
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Glahardt » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:23 pm

OK, CS edited.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing