RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Postby Soul » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:32 pm

Hana wrote:
SoulScavenger wrote:Capadocians are also all dead.
Any of the clans that are UGLIER THAN NOSFERATU (Samedi)

Thats impossible! Nosferatu have a 0 in appearance!

Well, yes, they're on the not-playable list, too...But I didn't include them because they kind of became the Giovanni.

And I dunno about you, but I sure as hell think that a ROTTING CORPSE is uglier than someone who's simply disfigured.

Besides, not ALL Nosferatu are hideous. They even have a merit for that. Haven't you seen Kindred: the Embrace? *giggles*

Nope, only read the Vampire the Masquerade rule book, guide to Sabbat and Camarilla.
Nosferatu also have Mask of a thousand faces so they dont need what ever merit that is, also theres a flaw someone can take to have the rotting body.

Postby Hana » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:38 pm

The merit is called "Not Quite Hideous," I think. Gives them App of 1, instead of 0, though it can go no higher than that.

And Bob, THE NAME OF THE GAME IS [b]WEREWOLF: THE APOCALYPSE (or, if we're talking Vampire, it's Vampire: the Masquerade)

I am REALLY not going to go to all the effort to condense FIVE COREBOOKS plus MORE SOURCEBOOKS THAN I CAN COUNT when I really don't know how much people are even going to want to play it.

So, just hold your horses. I said I may run a Hunter game or a big crossover in the future. You can play a human in one of those. For now, be versatile, yeah?
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Yumeko » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:06 am

I vote Werewolf! Oh, and if you'd like a list of the corebooks I have to add to your pool of info, Hana-chan, just let me know. I've been stocking up thanks to Amazon. lol

Why follow me to higher ground?
Lost as you swear I am...
-- "December," Collective Soul

Postby Soul » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:35 pm

I'll vote for vampire since I never played werewolf

Postby lyca » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:27 pm

I'd have to go with lycanthropy Hana. I've not even seen a werewolf campiegn since I registered into the forums.

I've not really sat down to read the WoD books however. I've only skimmed through the two, but more heavily on werewolf. I think that the tribe and mysticism stuff would be a really fun break from vampire politics.

Personally I think we've had quite a few vampire Rps. the only thing I would have an issue with is learning the old rules in such a short amount of time. . .
Stuck in the see-through zone.

Postby Klyptomaniac » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:16 pm

Like I said before, the old Legend of Zelda RP died! Oh, god, what a tragedy! Atleast we all left it on good terms, those who know what I'm talking about. I really want to start it again, so here's the idea:

The Legend of Zelda RP

After the end of OoT, Zelda and Link's triforce pieces were taken and placed somewhere secret, as Ganondorf was banished to it's former home, the Sacred Realm. He swore to find a way out with his Triforce of Power, take over Hyrule, and destroy Link's descendants.

However, his wish came too soon. He gathered enough strength to escape his imprisonment and conquered Hyrule.

Seven years later, and Ganon has claimed the castle as his. However, he only way Ganon could have complete control is by finding the other two pieces, but even Ganon became lazy, so his soldiers have been looking for them for all these seven years.

Ganon has not forgotten the sacred stones or the Ocarina of Time. He keeps these hidden in the three temples: The Temple of Land has the Goron Ruby, of Sea has the Zora's Sapphire, and of Air has the Ocarina. The Deku Tree had the Kokiri Emerald, but was poisoned by Ganon again after refusing to reveal it's location. Ganon entered the great tree and took the stone. The Temple of Land is inside the Volcano, and the Temple of Sea in Zora's Domain, but the Temple of Air is hidden and can only be found by placing the stones on the pedestal in the Temple of Time.

These are the goals of our unknowing heroes. However, these are only tales to them so far, the most known being the Temple of the Sea. They meet hvaing some reason to find the temple. Their backgrounds should involve a motive to stopping or even destroying Ganon. It will be tough without the Master Sword, but no matter how different their goals are, the only way they will survive is to work together. Will they solve their problems before Ganon kills them, or will they succeed?

Anyone willing to try this again!? ^_^

Postby CarrionMan » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:47 pm

K, I've came up with another idea(which no one would probably like, but that's besides the point), so I'm just going to ask you if one of the two I'm going to mention actually interest me.

The first is the old idea of Silent Hill, where we're a squad of marines sent to deal with the crisis.

The second is the new idea of Jurassic Park, where we're a squad of mercenaries, hired by a company that figured how to turn dinosaurs(and only dinosaurs) into gasoline, and have, of course, employed us to retake the island to harvest the soon to be factory line made dinosaurs. It will be put on the original island, and I have the Dinosaur Encyclopedia from the original for reference.

Postby Klyptomaniac » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:19 pm

CarrionMan likes mercenaries, does he not? ;)

Added after 4 minutes:

But besides that, the Jurrasic Park idea looks a bit half-assed. They'd do the same thing they did in the other three movies; laboratories and gated territories, not a factory line of tyrannasaurus rex eggs. Atleast I think so! ^_^

Postby Hana » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:35 pm

And...that's totally forgetting the fact that it's heat and pressure, over thousands of years, that turn organic material into petroleum, from which gasoline is refined.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby CarrionMan » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:17 pm

Hana, the company found a way to rush that process, and, yes, Klypto, the company would probably mess up like everyone else. To explain the 'factory line' better, they'd produce dinosaur eggs, let them live in the wild, and then, at a certain age, or after they die, get their bodies and put it through the process.

Postby Hana » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:24 pm

Sorry to hijack the thread, but....it was 5 for werewolves, 4 for vampires, so werewolves it is. Vote if you want me to finish it.

Howling Tales – Stories of the Silver Pack

I hate the smell of darkness. It is overpowering, these days, curling over the land, choking me with its stench. Places that were once clean and untouched are spoiled, now, dumping grounds for the refuse for the ever-swelling, ever-bloating population of MEN.

Men, whose apathy and stupidity do not even allow them to realize that we exist. Part of it is the fault of our ancestors, I am sure, for what they did, but a larger part of it is that they simply don’t care. They are destroying the earth around them, and they simply don’t care.

The forces of madness and destruction are coming together. How such mad creatures can be so organized is beyond me. While we, who are supposed to be sane, are quarreling with each other over leadership and the right path to take, they are stealing our children in the night, making them their own. They are poisoning humans, turning them into monsters. They are polluting the earth, our Mother.

It is far past time that something was done. I see it in the stars at night. The final battle is too close, and we are unprepared.

The stars tell me this, too, that they will come. Whether they will be our saviors, no one can know…I await them, watching for signs of their arrival with decreasing patience.

It must happen soon.

History of the Tribes, as told by Speaks-in-Tongues, Uktena Theurge:
“Before Time, the three ultimate beings were in perfect balance. The Wyld was the force of creation. The Weaver, the force of evolution. The Wyrm completed the circle, as the force of destruction.

“In time, things changed. The Weaver became jealous of the Wyld’s power of creation, and sought to overtake all, and create creatures of her own. She spun a web that encased the world, and the Wyrm was caught in this web. The more the Wyrm struggled, the tighter he was held, and soon, he went mad, seeking to destroy all. He swallowed Gaia, the earth, when she was young and new, and few had the courage or ability to save her. After many failed, a wolf fought the darkness back and saved Gaia, dying in the process, like the ones that had come before.

“Saved from certain demise, Gaia rewarded all that had come to aid her, giving them new life. She made the bears her healers, the cats her eyes, the dragons her memories. The birds contest that she made them her eyes, as well, but those who know them think them her mouths, instead. The coyotes she made her laughter; the secret snakes, she made her assassins; the gentle bulls, she made her matchmakers; and the valiant wolves, she made her warriors.

“Her gifts were soon taken for granted, however, and the creatures she’d made grew to hate the Men that hunted them. The Impergium began, and Men were slaughtered en masse. The bloodlust did not end there, though. When the bears begged for the slaughter to end, the wolves turned upon them, and rent their throats. When the cats hissed for succor, they, too, were killed. The wolves had gone mad, and only when they stood alone, did they realize and regret their mistake.

“Some had hidden, and been saved from the bloodshed, but the damage was done. The Men held an innate fear of the ones that had slain their cousins, though they grew to forget. The cats had survived, a few, but the bulls had been eradicated, as had the dark bats, whose memory no longer exists. Even Gaia no longer remembers what her gift to them was. Of the bears and the snakes and the dragons, there have been reports anew of their existence, but I have not yet seen them with my eyes.

“One would think that after such atrocities, the bloodlust would have been quelled. Not so, youngling. It pains my heart to speak of, but when this was done, the wolves began to quarrel amongst themselves. Instead of one people, they fractured, and became many, the ancestors of the Tribes you see before you today. Once, there were more. The White Howlers, the purest of the peoples, fell to the madness of the Wyrm, to a man. They are what we now know as the Black Spiral Dancers, for they have trodden the insane path of destruction, and their minds are shattered for it. The Bunyip, the thyalicines of Australia, were slaughtered, all, in a conflict. And the Croatan…Dear littlest brothers of our own people, disappeared. They are all gone. The Stargazers have left our Accord, to join the ranks of those in the east, and so, we are numbered Twelve.”

What’s the game about?
To put it simply: werewolves.
If you want more information than that, the game is about a prophecised group of individuals that will come together to form a special pack, to fight against the Bad Guys and keep everything from Going To Hell.

Quick Guide to Terminology:
Caern – The holy places of the Garou, where spiritual energy gathers. Caerns are heavily guarded.
Crinos – The half-man, half-wolf form of a werewolf. This is their strongest form, and claws and teeth do Aggrivated damage that takes a rather long time to heal.
Delirium – The strange effect that the Crinos form has on humans, due to genetic memory from the Impergium. The reaction of a human depends on their willpower. Debilitating fear, immediate fleeing, and rationalization are a few effects of Delirium.
Garou – Werewolves.
Gift – Werewolf “magic,” Gifts are abilities taught to a Garou by spirits. Many Gifts take Rage or Gnosis to activate.
Gnosis – The essence of the spiritual power of Gaia.
Hispo – The dire-wolf form of a werewolf. Larger than a normal wolf, this form is a throwback to the ancient ancestors of wolves.
Homid – The human form of a werewolf.
Impergium – The term for the culling off of prehistoric humans.
Kinfolk – Relatives of Garou that do not possess the power to shift. Garou breed with these people to beget new Garou.
Lupis – The wolf form of a werewolf. For all intents and purposes, a normal wolf.
Metis – The byproduct of a mating between two werewolves. Metis are born in Crinos form, each with a deformity, and are raised out of the view of humans, saturated in the politics of the Garou, unlike most Homid or Lupus-born Garou.
Rage – The primal power that gives the Garou their ability to shift forms.
Rank – There are five ranks in Garou society attainable in life. In order, they are Cliath, Fostern, Adren, Athro, and Elder. There is a Legendary sixth rank, but the only Garou that have known that rank have achieved it posthumously. Garou with no rank are called “Cubs.”
War of Rage – A dark time in Garou history, when the werewolves turned against the other changing breeds and slaughtered them.
Umbra – The spiritual world, a dark mirror of our own earth, which werewolves can enter, though it be treacherous.
Veil – The existence of the Garou is hidden from the rest of the world. This is called the Veil. The Delirium does much to protect the Veil, but it is not a fail-safe.

Things to Know about Werewolves:
Lycanthropy is genetic. It is not a transmittable disease.
Pure silver does aggravated damage. Sterling silver causes light burns, but no serious damage.
Werewolves regenerate when not in their breed form, but they cannot regenerate Aggrivated wounds, such as those caused by silver, or the claws or teeth of another shifting animal.

So, what’s the deal?
Players will start as newly-changed Cubs, their change brought on by puberty or stress, gathered together to learn the ways of the Garou. This will enable new players to learn of the game concepts through the eyes of their characters. Players will take their characters through the Right of Passage, after which, the pack will be sent on missions.

How do I play?
You’ll have to fill out a sheet. This will be a diceless game, but I am using a modified form of the Werewolf sheet (As such, some of the dice rules have been left in the text, to give an idea of what the weaknesses mean). You will be required to fill this out. Instructions follow, in a step-by-step format.

STEP 1: Tribe
You must choose your tribe from this list. Note that two choices given are unavailable for player characters. Please do not choose them. The tribes are as follows, with a brief stereotype, and their weakness.

Black Furies – A nearly all-female tribe of Garou who remember their origins in Greece, they despise men, and preface their deed names with the names of women they admire. Black Furies are easily angered when their opponents are males. (-1 Frenzy difficulty against men)

Bone Gnawers – The dirty denizens of the city, most Bone Gnawers live in junkyards and eat trash. In their wolf forms, they resemble mangy dogs. Bone Gnawers are looked down upon, and find it difficult to interact with the other tribes. (+1 difficulty to inter-tribal relations)

Children of Gaia – This tribe is an amalgamation of all the unwanted of the other tribes. The Children support alliances and peace above all else. Children of Gaia, peaceable as they are, did not take part in the Impergium. Therefore, their Veil is weaker than the other tribes. (Witnesses are at +5 on Delerium chart)

Fianna – Hailing from the Isles, these Garou love a good tale, and love even more a good drink. Fianna lack self control. (+1 difficulty for Willpower checks)

Get of Fenris – Descended from mighty Nordic warriors, the Get of Fenris are perhaps the most warlike of the tribes. Get of Fenris are notoriously intolerant. (Pick one to be intolerant toward: Cowards, Compromise, Lower Animals, Peaceniks, Weakness, Weaver Stuff)

Glass Walkers – The most technologically inclined of all of the tribes, the Glass Walkers make their homes in the jungles of the city, fighting the Weaver on its own territory. Glass Walkers cannot regain Gnosis in wild areas, only in cities.

Red Talons (NOT available for player characters) – An all-wolf tribe that rarely exits the still-wild places, Red Talons HATE humans with a passion. They regularly kill any of the apes that happen into their territory.

Shadow Lords – Hailing from the purest of Eastern European blood, the Shadow Lords prefer to do just as their name implies: rule from the shadows. Many think them corrupt, as they keep many secrets, but the Shadow Lords follow know that the End does, indeed, justify the means. Shadow Lords despise failure. When they fail at a task, they lose spiritual renown. (-1 Renown for failure)

Silent Striders – Travelers ousted from Egypt, they become restless if kept in one spot for too long. They, more often than not, have engaging tales to tell, and it is said they know the secrets beyond Death. If a Strider does not concentrate when she is entering the umbra, she will attract the restless dead to her. (Botches on Stepping Sideways attract ghosts.)

Silver Fangs – The nobility of the Garou, originally hailing from Russia, the Silver Fangs are the victims of pride and interbreeding, and there have been whispers that they are no longer fit to rule because of their mental states, though the reclaiming of the throne by King Albrecht, and his possession of the Silver Crown has lain many of those whispers to rest. Silver Fangs must start the game with one Derangement.

Stargazers (NOT available for player characters) – The bulk of the asian tribe no longer holds to the Accord, instead allying with the Green Courts of the East. A few of the riddle-speaking sky-obsessed Garou have opted to stay with the kingdom of the west, though, as observers and guides.

Uktena – One of the two Native American tribes, the Uktena are secret-keepers, guards of artifacts and dormant beings of evil. Uktena are horribly curious, and cannot resist trying to learn a secret.

Wendigo – The second of the Native American tribes, the Wendigo are arguably the second-most warlike of the tribes. They hate the White Man with a passion, seeking to keep their bloodlines true and clean of the taint of the Wyrmbringers. The Wendigo tribal weakness changes with the seasons of the year: in the spring, their willpower suffers (+1 difficulty to Willpower rolls), in the summer the heat affects their tempers. (-1 difficulty to Frenzy rolls), in the fall, they find it hard to shift between their many forms (+1 difficulty to change forms), in the winter, they find it harder to shrug off attacks (-1 difficulty to soak rolls).

STEP 2: Auspice
A werewolf’s job in life is set by the phase of moon they were born under. This also affects the amount of starting Rage.

New Moon – Ragabash – 1 Rage
The Ragabash is the trickster of the Garou, the jester, and the jokester. They are clever rogues, and usually prefer to use tactics rather than a straightforward attack.

Crescent Moon – Theurge – 2 Rage
Theurges are the mystics of the Garou, those who speak with the spirits, read the signs in the stars, and heal the wounds their comrades suffer.

Half Moon – Philodox – 3 Rage
Philodoxes are the judges of the Nation, the level-headed individuals that hear both sides of an argument and rule fairly.

Gibbous Moon – Galliard – 4 Rage
Galliards are the bards of the Garou, the warrior poets. They are the keepers of History, as well as those who spin new tales of the battles they have participated in and witnessed.

Full Moon – Ahroun – 5 Rage
Ahrouns are the bloodthirsty warriors of the Garou Nation, the mainstay of the “army,” as it were. Bristling with rage, they are the front lines.

MORE GUIDE HERE (The rest of the character sheet guide will be here if the idea gets voted in. I’m loathe to do ALL the work before I know if it will even be well-received.)

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:
Tribe:
Auspice:

Atributes:
Physical
Strength X0000
Dexterity X0000
Stamina X0000

Social
Charisma X0000
Manipulation X0000
Appearance X0000

Mental
Perception X0000
Intelligence X0000
Wits X0000

Abilities:
Talents 00000
Alertness 00000
Athletics 00000
Brawl 00000
Dodge 00000
Empathy 00000
Expression 00000
Intimidation 00000
Primal-Urge 00000
Streetwise 00000
Subterfuge 00000

Skills
Animal Ken 00000
Crafts 00000
Drive 00000
Etiquette 00000
Firearms 00000
Leadership 00000
Melee 00000
Performance 00000
Stealth 00000
Survival 00000

Knowledges
Computer 00000
Enigmas 00000
Investigation 00000
Law 00000
Linguistics 00000
Medicine 00000
Occult 00000
Politics 00000
Rituals 00000
Science 00000

Backgrounds:
________ 00000
________ 00000
________ 00000
________ 00000
________ 00000

Willpower: 0000000000
Rage: 000000000
Gnosis: XX00000000 (This is pre-set for Homid characters. If you’ve gone through the rigamarole of assuring me that you’re able to play a lupus or a metis, I will inform you of your new starting Gnosis.)

Renown:
Honor 0/0
Glory 0/0
Wisdom 0/0

Personality:
Appearance: (Make it match with your Appearance rating. App 4 is model-like, and 2 is average. Remember that.)
Equipment: (Don’t go nuts. You’re mostly young adults that have been snatched away from your “real” lives.)
Other Notes: (You may wish to put your tribal weakness here for easy reference.)
Merits & Flaws: (I realize that I haven’t listed any merits and flaws. They are purely optional. If enough players unfamiliar with the game wish to have some, I will write up a condensed list.)

Experience: 0/0
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby BobSagat » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:28 pm

The specificness of that reason for making another "Jurassic Park" scenario just sorta seems ridiculous.

I mean gasoline?

That's like completely random!

Albeit, the Jurassic Park movies are pretty stupid in general (making an amusement park out of giant man-eating reptiles is NOT a good idea), but seriously, I bet you could come up with a better reason then gasoline.

On a more RP-related note, from what you've given us, those two ideas just seem like it would simply entail lots of shooting and that's pretty much it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby CarrionMan » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:33 pm

Dinosaurs, after thousands of years of pressure and heat, like Hana said, turn to oil, which then the company would turn to gasoline, which they could sell for lots of money. Think. As for the shooting thing, yeah you're right, but that's why I've considered adding other people on the island, like scientists sent by the company. So, eventually, you'll be running around shooting crazed velociraptors, and other dinos, and conversing with the scientists about the issues dealing with the whole dinosaurs eating your friends thing. Add a bit of unneeded(and absolutely unrelated to the story) romance between the mercs, and, voila, there's some dialogue.

Postby Soul » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:39 pm

+1 vote Hana

Postby Makuku » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:44 pm

Voting on Hana's idea. Looks really good and well put together.

Postby Aneri » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:50 pm

+1 vote for Hana, looking forward to taking part in this ^_^
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Imenak » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:52 pm

+1 vote for Hana =).
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Hana » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:57 pm

*bows* Thanks, guys. That's the four I need. ^_^

I'll have it posted as a thread as soon as I finish the character creation guide...probably within the next couple of days.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Jay » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:57 pm

Voting for the heck of it. :3

Good to go, without a doubt.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby CarrionMan » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:58 pm

Now to be an asshat, and divert your attention to my two ideas…

Postby Verec » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:03 pm

CarrionMan wrote:Dinosaurs, after thousands of years of pressure and heat, like Hana said, turn to oil, which then the company would turn to gasoline, which they could sell for lots of money. Think. As for the shooting thing, yeah you're right, but that's why I've considered adding other people on the island, like scientists sent by the company. So, eventually, you'll be running around shooting crazed velociraptors, and other dinos, and conversing with the scientists about the issues dealing with the whole dinosaurs eating your friends thing. Add a bit of unneeded(and absolutely unrelated to the story) romance between the mercs, and, voila, there's some dialogue.

Baka. Dino's don't turn into oil. That's Diatoms, tiny algea in the ocean that die, and their hydrocarbon rich boddies rain onto the sea floor. Most of the Oil on earth today was laid down on the bottoms of shallow seas hundreds of million of years ago in that manner. If you want to make oil from things like corn or animal by-products, it wouldn't be that hard, but you would get a better yield from raising turkeys or somthing like that than you would from raising Dinosaurs. Gawd.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby CarrionMan » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:07 pm

Fine, just to delve deeper into fiction, and make my rp a bit more sensible, the dinosaurs produce an oil(a hydrophobic liquid) that is 10 times more efficient in car use than gasoline, and 3x cleaner than supreme unleaded.

Postby Jay » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:07 pm

Originally they created the dinosaurs for purely educational purposes. Dissections, museum exhibits, etc.

But then, someone saw a recreational potential and made dinosaur dude ranches.

There. Have fun.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Kido-itimaki » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:07 am

I would like a KH rpg, please...I apologise for before.
Fox-boy, demon-buster

Postby Glahardt » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:18 am

Refer to the ideas posted by the veterans(or.... not), you need to have a whole lot of details before anybody would vote for your RP. And also, I suggest joining RPs to increase others' trust in your RPing ability before you actually start one.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing