Liquidos:The End of All Things to Come:PG-13:Original:Ch.4

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Liquidos:The End of All Things to Come:PG-13:Original:Ch.4

Postby Liquidos » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:55 pm

Hello all, I am back, I gave up on my other story to start a new story, something more modern with the modern issue of global warming. It contains moderate swearing and verbal violence. Enjoy.

Chapter list (Clickable):

Chapter 1: The death of one man.
Chapter 2: A weapon of vanity.
Chapter 3: The one they call 'Beard'.
Chapter 4: The long awaited.

[center]The end of all things to come.[/center]

Chapter One - The death of one man:

It began again, the violence, the crime, the hatred. It began when the two largest powers in America had conflicting thoughts. It began with the death of one man, his name; we will get to that soon enough.

It was simple enough to understand at the time that when one has enough power, he gets used to it, thus when one’s power is at question he does not hesitate to prove his control of it. Two years ago to this day, I remember walking into a conference room to the delighted looks upon the men’s faces, their white shirts starched stiff, their shoes polished better then a sheet of aluminium and their contributions to my requests greater then the foreigner’s. I had received much more then media attention, I was at the centre of most energy efficient products being mass-produced in the country, I was the one bringing a safe solution to the problems of yesterday. Finally after years of struggle the carbon emissions of the country were being pulled down to bearable levels, the ice caps stopped melting, the sea levels began to drop and the rainforests once again bloomed with bright summer flowers. This was great news to the humanity infesting the land, but bad news to all the bastards who used the global warming crisis to mass-produce life-vests, boats, food supply; you name it and there were sure to be humungous numbers of it. Numbers that exceeded the needs.

The governments were buying off-the-shelf equipment from these companies for quite a price; they were paying out the money since global warming was messing everything up, including the economy. The companies were getting outrageously paid for their ‘Life-Pack’ which included; a small inflatable raft with a paddle, a life-jacket, first aid kit, rations, flares and sleeping bags. These were shipped over and made-ready at the government’s disposal, if the hurricanes were to hit. However, the hurricanes were to hit 15 years ahead of where we are today. This meant that there was still time to do something. I was employed at the white-house to conjure a solution. Within 48 hours I had a team of 500 scientists and the support of over 200 factories willing to produce what ever it is that stops the insanity to come. I managed to convince around 67% of the population of the USA to drive eco-friendly cars – they would get their old car’s value transferred into the payment for the new ‘hybrid’ car. 14% had agreed to installing solar panels/wind turbines and the remaining 19% did fuck all. We set up factories selling energy-reducing light bulbs, television sets, fuel, batteries, you name it. The stores sold out immediately, we did not charge a lot, we only charged about a cent extra then what it cost us to produce and ship. However – this is when the bastards come in – the competing companies lost out a lot on the return of their ‘Life-Pack’s’ thus they started producing our products (un branded) for a ludicrously cheap price, one we could not match. After 2 years, the thing I had started died as quick as it was born. I was thrown out of the white house and no longer have connections with the president.

On the day I was thrown out, I convinced myself that I am the one that can stop the madness that goes on today, as people managed to slow the warming of the globe, and receded to their old habits of violence and crime and obscenity. For once, a period of about one year, the USA was fighting against the carbon emissions, for that one year they all came together. Now the warming is under control the bond has broken up again. This is all due to a man. He is the 50th president of the USA, George Gardel.
Last edited by Liquidos on Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Postby Cole » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:01 pm

4]
Only works up to R will be allowed.
I am what you think I am. My reality is irrelevant.
Warning: My Misogynism level two has upgraded to Misanthropy level four.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:07 pm

great start.

Don't really put NC-17, unless you were gonna put some erotica or something lol.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"

Re: Liquidos:The End of All Things to Come:NC-17:Original:Ch

Postby Liquidos » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:11 pm

I actually thought I best put an NC-17 due to the amount of swearing the main character does.

Postby Elend-X » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:55 pm

I really like the start! The intro to the plot is magnificent.

Re: Liquidos:The End of All Things to Come:PG-13:Original:Ch

Postby Liquidos » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:03 pm

Thank you, I will work on some more soon, but school is being a rodent at the moment, so gota find a time when the rodent is not looking to sneak some cheese past it.

Postby Liquidos » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:21 pm

Chapter Two - A weapon of vanity:

When my name was eliminated from the payroll of the white house I had come to understand that old George did not like people who did not obey strict orders. I was not thrown out because they had no use for me after the bastards took over, but they threw me out because I found out George’s dirty little secret. How? Simple. One late night – most of the nights meant me leaving around 11:00pm sharp – I was finishing an article about why our products were no longer of availability when a car pulled up in the driveway as I was leaving.

The black window was rolled down and I saw George walking toward the car so I stepped behind the pillars. At closer inspection I think I saw the face of one Murray Clarkson – he was one of the bastards I had mentioned previously, and in total there are 8 – he prodded an envelope at George, whom promptly snatched it and examined the contents, once happy he placed the thick white envelope into his suit pocket and the window was rolled back up. George started walking back toward the building and I stuck my head out (which was a very stupid thing to do, since the pillar I was behind was right angled to where he was) and he stopped in his path. “Mr Maddison, please step out from behind the pillar.” I had a mental shock, he knew I was there and he knew that I saw what I had seen so I stepped forward. “I trust that the newly acquired knowledge will not leave the minds of us both?” I thought of my job, I thought of the people who lost their jobs and solemnly shook my head. “I thought so; you always weren’t the type to keep to your own business. SECURITY! Get this man off my premises immediately, he invaded my privacy!”

That is how it happened, why I lost my job and why I am where I am now; a gun shop. I have been here for at least 30 minutes and the man behind the counter is starting to worry about my intensions. I finally come across a sniper rifle, black throughout apart from the wooden butt and a grey underside; I picked it up for closer examination. “Sorry Sir, we do not sell those anymore.” The secretary-like figure addressed my presence for the first time. “Would we be so kind as to tell me where I can get hold of one?” I asked politely, being subtle as not to reveal any motive. “Yes, that is the last in stock that you are holding, we aren’t really supposed to sell it but if you pay in cash that wouldn’t be a problem.” The man now talked with a jolly voice, like someone had given him laughing gas but it didn’t work, his southern accent showed through. “I have cash on me now, how much would this and lets say a box of em’ be?” I replied again, being subtle and sturdy with what I say. “The rifle is $1,450 and the box of ammo is $100, you also get a carry-case for the rifle for only $300 if you pay in cash.” He was really into this, trying to sell me a weapon that he no longer sold, it is a scam, but it is the only shop that I know stocks these. I approached the counter with the rifle, box of ammo and my wallet full of cash. He took out from behind the counter a nice leather case; you can tell that it’s for a lap-top but thicker. He dismantled the rifle and placed it into the case along with a book, card and the box of ammo. Within 5 minutes and a file of fake paperwork I was out of the shop with a weapon, one that will bring much chaos.

Postby Elend-X » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:37 pm

Awesome!
Someone is going to die!!! Yeah!! :P

Postby Liquidos » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:55 pm

Hahah, you seem enthusiastic, I might do a spoiler for the next chapter.

Added after 4 minutes:

Here is the spoiler, note that some content may be changed by the time the 3rd chapter is written.

[spoiler]“I was sure that this was one of the bastards, he looked the part; a fresh suit, big suitcase and 4 bodyguards for a guy who looked like he should compete in 'The World’s Strongest Man'. The scope became covered with mist and I wiped it with my sleeve, I again looked at his forehead, he had lit a cigar. I decided to let him finish it and then I said his goodbyes for him and switched on the laser-sight which put a red dot on his forehead....”[/spoiler]

Postby Liquidos » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:47 pm

Chapter Three - The one they call ‘Beard’:

I had managed to rent an apartment facing the park, although the interior was no better then the tunnels of the subways it had its purpose, I set up base here. I hauled over all my monitors, scramblers, bugs and toys. I was setting up the listening devices when a knock came from the door. “Who is it?” I shouted over the loud noise of drilling outside the window. “The lunch you ordered, sir!” a female voice volleyed my serve. I grabbed a pistol, black in colour, silver barrel – I have a thing for black guns with silver barrels – and walked toward the door, opened it enough to see an attractive blonde standing in my path; she had short cut blonde hair with streaks of dark blonde, she wore a short black skirt and white top. I opened the door more and placed the gun in the recess between my belt and back. “Thank you, would you like to come inside and help me with some work?” I said with a subtle tone, trying not to sound imposing; and it paid off. “Why not?” she said under her breath as she stepped inside the room. I let her get about 3-4 steps in front of me when I pulled out the silver barrelled pistol.

She heard a click and turned to see a hole in front of her left eye. Frozen, she stared into my eyes, it was a look saying “I will do anything, I will stay quiet, just don’t do it.” So I relaxed the index finger that controlled the balance of life and death in the room. She gasped, blinked and toppled forward; I caught her on her way down and moved her into the bedroom where I securely fastened her hands and feet to the metal bed-frame. “Now that no-body knows what I look like, it is all good.” I whispered, returning to assembling the monitors when a second knock send me flying for my pistol. I became parallel to the wall and stayed. Three knocks later and the men seemed to be pissed off that nobody is home, they kicked the door down. I caught the first by his throat and spun him around so that both; I and he were facing the other guy aiming a pistol at us. I had the first in a body-shield position as the second was unsure what to do.

“Put the gun down and no harm will be done” of course I was lying. They had been sent here to eliminate me; I will do the same to them. The guy was stupid enough to throw the gun toward me; I stopped it with my heel and aimed the barrel at his head. The held tried to elbow me when I was aiming, he chipped my ribs and I struck him with the magazine half of the gun, I re-aimed and pulled on the trigger; silent as can be, a pop and thump, the man was still. I dragged the deceased in the bedroom with the blonde and left the unconscious one. I returned and waited for him to come ‘round. Eventually I got bored of waiting and decided to check the dickheads pockets. I found a wallet, and a cheque; signed by A.E.Beard – one of the bastards. I pulled the unconscious into the bedroom and re-enacted the pop and thump twice before locking the door and returning to assembling the equipment.
Last edited by Liquidos on Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Elend-X » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:46 pm

Great Chapter!! The plot is thickening... I hope I don't get confused... :unsure:
And indeed I am enthusiastic I like the whole concept of the story!

Postby Liquidos » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:06 pm

Thank you a lot, I am trying to post a chapter a day. Yet you seem to be the only on interested in my literature - unless others are so lazy as to not post a comment. Remember people, comments greatly help - they motivate me.

Postby blueyfooey » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:51 pm

Don't try to post too often, people might want more because if you end with suspenseful part and wait a couple o days, everyone goes crazy without knowing.
Darwinawards.com

Thank me later :3

Postby Liquidos » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:07 am

But I find that if I don't write at least once every two days I myself will start to loose the plot and the thoughts in my head.

Postby Liquidos » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:38 am

Next update due: Monday 22nd January.

Postby Elend-X » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:24 am

I'm gonna be waiting! :P

Postby Liquidos » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:40 am

I have been slacking lately, partly of my lazyness and partly because I am not feeling all that well. I will try complete chapter 4 by friday or during the week-end.

Postby Elend-X » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:07 am

It's ok... I know how you feel... I'm a bit lazy myself... :unsure:

Postby Liquidos » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:09 am

I think I eat too many cookies when at the computer, and then I end up not feeling all that well. Back on topic, that spoiler I did is for chapter 4.

Postby Elend-X » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:50 pm

I didn't read that....... I prefer waiting...

Postby Liquidos » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:31 pm

Chapter 4: The long awaited.

I had just finished placing the bugs in Beard’s house when I heard the front door open. The bastard was home early and I had to drop what I was doing. I quickly opened the rear door, not shutting it behind but just running, running back to my car; which was parked in front of me.

Two men, obviously dressed in black, stepped in my path. I took a guess that they were his men. I jumped to my left as one reached into his pocked. I quickly withdrew my silenced pistol and the bullet found its way into his skull. The second shot towards me but I was already gone. I appeared behind him; aiming at his head I pressed the gun to it. “Give a message to Mr Beard. Tell him that Maddison will be seeing to him soon.” He gave a silent nod and I re-aimed the pistol at his knee, shooting out both legs, he groaned in pain as his body hi the ground. I dashed into the car and took off heading back to base.

When I had securely parked the car in the basement parking of the apartment I took the elevator up, I entered the house to the stench of rotting flesh. The two hitmen and the waitress were still in my bedroom, rotting to death. I receded to my bed, and fell asleep.

“Where the fuck is Maddison?!”

“We currently do not know Mr President.”

“He is currently my biggest fucking irritation at the moment!”

“I will try getting a search team going, parent’s house, relatives, wife, I will find him!”

“You better fucking find him! My job is on the fishing line, and he holds the reel.”

I awoke and for the first time in 4 days entered the bedroom. The woman was still tied to the bed, which was not a scarlet sheet of blood. The two men were on top of another. I managed to get the two men into my car, I returned for the woman – which I had untied – but she wasn’t there. Fuck, if she got away this entire place is screwed! Where could she be?! I ran back out into the corridor to see her limping down the stairs on all fours. I ran up to her and swiftly twisted her neck.

I had to drag her down the stairs, leaving some marks which I washed out immediately. I returned to the car and drove to the scrap yard about 5 miles away. I found a few barrels and filled them with the bodies. The two men shared a big grey barrel while the woman got a small red barrel. I removed the can of gasoline from the boot and wasted all of it; 2/3 on the men and 1/3 over the woman. I lit two matches and threw them in the respective barrels. Roaring flames rose and engulfed the rusting cars with light. I sat in the car, contemplating for a short time and drove back.

Re-parking the car and took the elevator to my room, which was now mostly rid of the rotting smell. I was startled when I heard voices, then I remembered that I had bugged Beard’s house. They managed to get rid of most of the bugs but they missed the well hidden ones. I managed to hear – via the telephone bug that I planted – that Beard has a meeting in a park, 50 miles south of Washington, two weeks from now. All I had to do now was wait; it will be a long wait but sure as hell it will be worth it.

Postby Elend-X » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:22 am

Great Update Keep up!

Postby Misty » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:22 am

Wow this is great! Keep it up!

Postby Elend-X » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:41 am

This is one year old... Please don't go around reviving threads that are dead, just read them (I thought that Liquidos returned for a sec)

Postby Leon FlameBurst » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:02 pm

Althought, its useless to send a comment but oh well:
It's a nice story, hoping you will update this soon.

Next

Return to Literature