Endling F.A.Q.

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Faust777 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:44 pm

I start w/ either the eyes, build the head or the face ridges.......starting anywhere else is doomed to fail in my case.
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, sit back, relax, and let the world wonder how the fuck you did it.
My art thread~
Nabichan: Seriously, you are the epitome of all that is awesome in the world
Dinosaurpirate: Well yeah, could anyone so weird be anything BUT an artist?
Vegedus: Theres only rape is theres a tentacle monster
Mcdurg:@Faust: Win.
Fenrisulfrhell, even if i broke one of my arms, i still have the other one, two legs, an elbow, a head, two knees, my hips, and my feet to beat their ass
Prinny Captain

Postby Animalove » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:55 am

I still think it's good thinking up a continuation for every page you draw.

The others age favorite movies and stuff. That weren't really any need to write XD

Postby Faust777 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:29 pm

I love manga. I love to draw my own most of all. But i constantly get the same question..."why is your character so scrawny?" My answer is that i want to prove that even scrawny people like myself can be strong.
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, sit back, relax, and let the world wonder how the fuck you did it.
My art thread~
Fenrisulfrhell, even if i broke one of my arms, i still have the other one, two legs, an elbow, a head, two knees, my hips, and my feet to beat their ass
Prinny Captain

Re: Endling F.A.Q.

Postby Mango » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:19 pm

you sure repeat things alot @__@

Postby Faust777 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:18 am

how so?
My art thread~
Prinny Captain

Postby Mr. Mono » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:23 am

You posted the exact same words on a different thread.

Postby Faust777 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:56 am

oh.......duh.
My art thread~
Prinny Captain

Postby Faust777 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:17 pm

my bad....lol
My art thread~
Prinny Captain

Postby Mr. Mono » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:22 am

Please dont double post. Specially with a day between posts.

Postby Faust777 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:48 am

why?
My art thread~
Prinny Captain

Postby Lingrem » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:07 pm

Faust777 wrote:why?

Because it's pointless? Redundant? Annoying? Demonstrates a lack of consideration for other people?

If someone hasn't responded, then either they never will, or they haven't gotten around to it yet. Have some patience! Repeating your words does nothing but agitate everyone else, which will make people less likely to answer you...

Postby Mr. Mono » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:35 pm

Bingo.

Postby AriesDictator » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:53 am

If you spam way to much than will you get banned or suspended from the forums?

Sorry, its a rather stupid question but some other forums just suspend others instead of banning them and some don't give any chances and ban.
[FEAR ME. I AM THE DICTATOR OF ALL THE ARIES NOOBIES. NAH, I AM JUST A NOOB. MUAHAHAH.]

<--- [I WUVIE my Gir and Giant Flying Piggy!]

Location: San Jose, California. If you want to be enslaved by me, then welcome to my place.

Postby Mr. Mono » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:07 am

Theres a spam (now off-topic) forum where spammers an frolick amongst their kind and so they wont bother other forums. Spamm all you want there, just dont do it here.

Postby AriesDictator » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:11 pm

Yea, i realized that after i posted the other message, it was spam and off topic. SORRY!!
[FEAR ME. I AM THE DICTATOR OF ALL THE ARIES NOOBIES. NAH, I AM JUST A NOOB. MUAHAHAH.]

<--- [I WUVIE my Gir and Giant Flying Piggy!]

Location: San Jose, California. If you want to be enslaved by me, then welcome to my place.

Postby Anatsi » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:12 pm

CarrionMan wrote:Endling, I'm pretty sure everyone in the forums wants to rape you. Yourself included.

speak for yourself.........Endling you might wanna get a restraining order on this one.
"Jesus is Black,
Ronald Reagan is the devil,
and the government lied about 9/11"- Huey Freeman

"Afro-Denial: A Psychological affliction wherein patients exhibit self-delusional behavior, believing they have straight- flowing, European model type hair. Thereby refusing to accept the coarseness, thickness, and/or nappines of their actual hair." - Huey Freeman

Postby Dusk_Imp » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:35 pm

Perhaps answering this may be a spoiler but what other characters do you plan to add to the asylum? I was looking at my nephews nursery rhyme book and it got me thinking of who else is in the asylum. Also there's gonna be a movie based on American McGee's Alice and was wondering if that's your cup of tea *if you drink tea*
By reading this you promise your soul and first child to me. All babies not ripe and plump are subjected to burnation under the trogdor act of 2003.
The problem is that God gave man a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time.

"PPGD Fan"-And Dusk_imp, you too are a riot lol
"Blood Knight"-Dusk_Imp, thanks for making this thread, it's so fun.
:up: :up: :down: :down: :left: :right: :left: :right: B A Select Start

Postby Ashaera » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:05 pm

Speaking of theme songs...I have to say I thought of your Ever After story today while listening to the song "Welcome to the Universe" by 30 Seconds to Mars. I think it fits your story rather well. You might have a listen sometime; great band.

I learned so much about you I can now become one of your many stalk...true fans! Muahaha. Happy belated birthday, also, I just read this part of the forum today. <3

I was also wondering at what age did you start drawing and when did you figure out you wanted to do art (be a starving artist) for a living?

Also, will you be sure to let us all know about your new endeavors when they are released so we can go and buy it right after?

P.S. I doubt YOU'LL be starving, with your mad skillz.
"You would not feel sadness
If you never tasted joy,
That's the curse of humans;
Born in Passion you destory." III Ways to Epica by Kamelot
"This dangerous sunset tempts murder." Me

Postby MetalLegendAlpha » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:56 pm

I have a few questions regarding Tom Thumb, from what I know about him (which isn't much) I know he's suppose ot be the size of an average thumb, but he seems to be one of the tallest people in EverAfter. Where did you learn about Tom Thumb? (as in his story, cause the story has a few movies, and etc.) And also where did you get the idea, that Tom Thumb talks to his shoes? I hadn't read anything about Tom with talking shoes anywhere else.

Postby CarrionMan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:18 pm

Tom Thumb is from a nursery rhyme where he saves his brothers from an ogre with the help of magic shoes.

Postby Soloxius » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:31 pm

What?

Man, this forum is all over the place.

Endling, love your stuff. Saw it on DA and have to say, your sense of humor is the same as mine. anything crazy. very nice stuff.

uh, now, to ask something so this doesn't count as spam: You mentioned music affecting your art. What do you think you would draw if you listened to techno while you drew? or EBM (which is like techno but darker, edgier)?
[0% Zombie Proof] Yay! *zombie approaches and grips Sol* Aww, he's givin' me a hug!

PLEASE WATCH DARKER THAN BLACK SO I CAN DO A DtB RP. Link is here: http://www.gofish.com/channel.gfp?gfid=50-6678

Postby Miss-Leigh » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:07 pm

Hey umm.. just wondering..umm...what made you think of your characters Rosie and Posie? I know they havent appeared in the story yet but i have seen them in your gallery on DA and they have to be my fave characters besides Red. Oh and i have always been wondering...what is wrong with them that sent them to the crazy house?
I am there...within you...tempt the darkness inside....and i will devour you

Postby WingedNovelist » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:03 pm

what courses did you take in college to learn the rowking art style we all love? O.o

Postby Endling » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:54 am

Wow, haven't answered anything here in a while. Ummm..

What inspired the design of each of both the EA, LiS, and Endrealm cast(or what are they based on)?

Everafter designs are a mixed bag. There are tons of Little Red designs in existence, mine is an amalgam of the familiar parts that I saw in most of them, and others that weren't so common. The shawl portion of the cloak, the 'apron', etc. Stuff like Gretel, Hansel and Goldi's were inspired by actual German outfits, but naturally made much wonkier for the comic. Everafter is the most 'fantasy' of the stories I have so I wanted the clothing to represent that, but also have modern day additions like all the belt buckles, studs and such, to reflect that there's a futuristic influence going on.
Living in Sin is based in modern day, and so is Endrealm, so the designs there are supposed to be in tune with where they live. Seth and the sin girls live in the middle of a city, while Endrealm takes place between a suburb and the underworld.

Perhaps answering this may be a spoiler but what other characters do you plan to add to the asylum? I was looking at my nephews nursery rhyme book and it got me thinking of who else is in the asylum. Also there's gonna be a movie based on American McGee's Alice and was wondering if that's your cup of tea?

Heh. I wasn't a fan of McGee's Alice, and as I heard Sarah Michelle Gellar will be playing her in the movie, I really don't have a reason to see it. As for who else is in the asylum, the majority of them have already been revealed. Those who haven't are not just inmates. I get a lot of people asking me the same thing 'cause they can think of a lot of people to put in, but I wouldn't 'cause the cast is already quite big, and adding in every single fairytale character known to man would be a good deal too much. Besides, not everyone in the asylum is a 'known' fairytale character. The majority of them, in fact, are unknown children. The idea here being, that the ones who are truly 'special' cases are the ones that would go down in history.
But I won't say there aren't a few more surprises in store in terms of new faces.

uh, now, to ask something so this doesn't count as spam: You mentioned music affecting your art. What do you think you would draw if you listened to techno while you drew? or EBM (which is like techno but darker, edgier)?

I think you'd see a blank page, because I doubt I'd get much work done listening to techno. Haha. I'm very particular about what I have on while I work. All the techno I've ever heard is either way too repetitive or chaotic, haven't really found a happy medium.

Hey umm.. just wondering..umm...what made you think of your characters Rosie and Posie? I know they havent appeared in the story yet but i have seen them in your gallery on DA and they have to be my fave characters besides Red. Oh and i have always been wondering...what is wrong with them that sent them to the crazy house?

Rosie and Posie were originated as a sort of 'mid boss' in the asylum portion of the story, but their roles grew steadily over time as I fleshed out their backgrounds and thought of how they could move things along. Turns out they became pretty crazy popular on DA. And I can't tell ya' what's wrong with them, that's the story's job.

what courses did you take in college to learn the rowking art style we all love?

The courses in University of the Arts were pretty set for illustrators, there wasn't much room for choosing. I was gonna take character design courses but my friends told me it was the last thing I needed to improve, so instead I went into stuff I thought I should work harder on. Lots of figure drawing (yeah that went reeeal far), some painting courses (expensive as all hell, buying paint..) and such.

Postby Multani82 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:24 am

I guess I could ask a question as well, you don't have to answer endling if its either redundant or not worthy of a response. Will we learn more about the characters' backgrounds, such as red, Mr. Boots, etc.? Will we learn how they came to be or work for the Asylum and how they play a role in this story?

Oh, also, I have another question. Mr. Crooked seems to be the head physician of Asylum, does he play more than just the "fixer" in EA?

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter