Off duty RP: The Dans Macarbe

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Off duty RP: The Dans Macarbe

Postby Verec » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:29 pm

"Sometimes you need to go where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came, you wana go were you can see troubles are all the same, you wanna go were everybody knows your name."
The Dans Macarbe is a bar, a place between walls. It is the kind of bar where if someone doesn't come flying out the door as you walk by, they must be closed. And it is everywhere, somehow in every city that has ever been, in the seediest places you find the door and that plateglass window. The barkeep is the same huge man every night, and he will listen to your stories...
OOC This is kinda a different RP, fights will be permited but frowned upon. Instead you bring any preexisting charecter you want in here(you can even come in), and they have some drinks. And you talk, to one another, to the NPCs to whoever the heck you want. One last ground rule, no powers work on the barkeep, and he reserves the right to throw your ass out the door.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Mandy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:51 pm

This should be nice.
Satsuke, from the Horror RP, walks up to the door and tries to phase through. She bonks her head, "That's weird," she shrugs and opens the door. She walks and takes a seat at the bar. "Barkeep, have any 'Sex on the Beach'? One would be good right now."

Postby Verec » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:56 pm

The barman is a massive man, not fat but more than six feet tall, and wraped in muscle and padding. He chuckles at the drink and as he mixes it with practiced hands, his eyes glance at the young lady who ordered it. He presents it with a flourish, and a small shake of his head, as if comenting on some people's taste.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"

Postby Mandy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:17 pm

Satsuke grabs the glass and takes a sip, "Thanks, I need this after what's been going on." She sets it down and leans on her hand.

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:56 pm

Alex walks in with Shiro and Lumenias behind. "Then I sent in the other team first to be slaughtered like lambs!" He sees Satsuke at the bar. "...Crap.." Shiro and Lu look at each other and grin.

"Hey, move it, you bastard!" Yells out Lucas, who's waiting for the others to get out of his way.

Lu pulls Shiro and Alex back to let the anxious man in. "..." Gives a light sigh. "Lucas...Pity he's always so angry."

Shiro gives a chuckle. "What do ya expect? We keep the guy locked inside those asterisks for so long." Follows Alex and Lu to a table while Lucas runs to the bar screaming "whiskey.' "Actually, this is the first time we've actually had him in an RP thread..." Looks to Alex.

"Right." He presses the side of his headset. "Yeah, we need a high order description on Lucas, here. And make it short, we don't wanna ruin the place with detail." They all three set down.

Lucas was standing at the bar at a height of five feet and ten inches. Wearing a checkered bandanna that keeps most of his bleached blonde hair stnding up and back. He likes to be simple, so he wears a blue denim jacket with the sleeves ripped off, a black t-shirt under that, a pair of loose-fitting blue jeans, and a pair of brown hiking boots.

Lucas looks around to Alex. "Hey! You better not bring that feline midget in here! I'll kill him! I'll kill him like I killed..." Tries to think of a good example that'll worry Alex. "...That fat guy that DS sent to torture Shiro!" He throws his arm forward and points at him with a quick laugh.

Lumenias shook his head. "...Should I?" Shiro waved it off.

"Nah... The boss'll get him later." Shiro looks around and grins.

(OOC: ....Oh Lucas... I think we need to have a little talk about your salary. *....Damn...*)
Demon of Elru

Postby Verec » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:10 pm

The barman looked at Alex and spoke a short sentace, indicateing the rows of bottles behing him. "ID and what kind of whiskey?"

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:23 pm

LUCAS (...) slapped himself on the face. "Dammit!" Pulls out his wallet and looks through it. "Damn people don't believe I'm over the age. Now where..." There's a paper in the place where his ID was. "... 'Lucas, I reduced your pay and took your card. Next time, watch your mouth. Shiro X.' ...." Lucas looks over to the others as they start to grin and shake. "THAT SONUVA BITCH!!" Lucas went running out the door.

Shiro fell on the floor. "Hahahaa!!" Lumenias was laughing, his face turning red.

Alex was just smiling, chuckling a bit. "Idiot should know better than that by now... Hey, wasn't Gabriel supposed to come down?" Shiro got back to his chair.

"Nah, SX got pissed with him for messing up a school. He's got him locked up..." They all blinked and knew where Lucas would be heading. "That poor fool..."
Demon of Elru

Postby Cali Defender » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:36 pm

Sarena walked into the bar, "haha...my kinda place." She walked to the barkeeper, "so....wahts your heaviest drink?" She said with a grin.

Postby Verec » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:52 pm

"Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster, Its like having the top of your head taken off. The last guy who ordered one was on his first drink of the night. His brain just shut down.

Postby Cali Defender » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:57 pm

"ha! Sounds good to me....how much?"

(this is Sarena From Salem Witches :P)

Postby Verec » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:58 pm

"16 dollars or the equivelent per shot."

Postby Cali Defender » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:00 pm

Sarena->.@
"oo....How bout something a little......Cheap."

Postby Verec » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:10 pm

"Two dollar shots of vodka and other spirits in fifteen minutes, I can give you a beer for $1.50."

Postby Cali Defender » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:21 pm

"meh....fine."

Postby Mandy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:27 pm

Satsuke looks over at Alex, "Hey, I didn't know you came here? And what was that about being slaughtered." She ggrinned jokingly, "Nah, nevermind. No more talk about work, all I need is to get hammered and forget about that scene."

Re: Off duty RP: The Dans Macarbe

Postby Wizard » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:26 pm

Wizard walked in, looking distraught. "Gimme a Coke and some nachos, will ya?" he asked.

Postby Verec » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:27 pm

"No nachos here kid, all we've got is nuts, pretzals, pickles and sandwiches."

Re: Off duty RP: The Dans Macarbe

Postby Wizard » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:29 pm

"Oh, that's ok, I have my own nachos." Wizard said, pulling some nachos outta his shoe. "Just a Coke then."

Postby Verec » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:40 pm

A tall glass was promptly filled with ice, and topped with coke. The stuff really fizzed, but the glass was filled in just one long pull, and didn't overflow.

Postby Cali Defender » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:47 pm

"so, what you doing here?" asked Sarena of Brian

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:51 pm

Shiro and Lumenias both shot up. "PICKLES!?!" They both called out. In a flash of white and red, they were both at the bar in an instant.

Lumenias looked to the bartender while Shiro was looking around. "Um... Would you give us a jar of pickles...each?" Lumenias asked kindly as he tried to restrain his cruel urge to jump around for them.

(OOC: All Shiro characters[Lumenias, being an advanced Shiro, counts] have a strange and uncontrollable desire and love for pickles... *licks lips* And, of course, so do I...)
Demon of Elru

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:57 pm

shotoken walked in, grinning.
"reminds me of all that time I spent in a bar when I was a little kid....."
a hint of sadness was revealed, but it lasted for such a short time nobody noticed.
"so, how much is it for the strongest drink you've got?"

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Postby Cali Defender » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:59 pm

"hey! careful with that question unless your pockets are deep!" Sarena yelled to him.

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:05 pm

"I can afford it."

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Postby Cali Defender » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:10 pm

"suit yourself, more expensive drinks equals less cheap drinkS" :)

Next

Return to Role Playing