The Gunslinger's Gallery!

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

The Gunslinger's Gallery!

Postby New Era Outlaw » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:01 pm

So, I figure that from now on, I'm going to be posting up my art in my own thread (you know, when Imageshack decides to co-operate, the lousy sunnuva....)

What can you expect to see here? Whatever I can come up with, really.
Sketches, doodles, maybe some things I had from waaay back that I never saw fit to post.

However, you should also expect to see some of the things I'm preparing for the comic (the one that I can't ever seem to get off the ground because of lots of lame reasons), namely: "Acolytes: Heroes of the Last Apocalypse."

So, here we go.
I think I'll start off with my newest piece, which is actually some promo art for one of the main characters, Crystal.

Man, oh, man, oh man, oh MAN.
Personally, I thought I would never finish this.
Even though I have some experience in rendering water, it's never too late to try something new, right?

It took me quite a few hours on end to get the water effects just right, and BOY, am I tired. Also, I wanted to make sure, above all else, that the wavy effects and the water doesn't obstruct the observer's view of Crystal, and the level of detail I put into her costume.

And, speaking of which, Crystal's costume, as some of you may have already noticed, has gone through several changes over the years. I wanted to emphasize the 'flowing' nature of her costume to relate to the flowing waters that she commands, hence the emphasis on her sashes. And, being somewhat of 'royalty' in the Shaolin Order that she belongs to, her armor somewhat reflects her highly-regarded status. I removed the Chinese characters from her cloth for purposes of efficiency. To me, her costume already has that Asian appeal about it enough.

Also, I believe some of you guys have already met Commander Blaze:

Image <==Poke Roll and see what happens.

Postby Torgue » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:13 pm

Nice drawings, New Era Outlaw.
Last edited by Torgue on Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:16 pm

Blaze is AWESOME! Welcome to the forums.
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Postby yovannyx » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:36 pm

Awsome, really cool! and welcome to the forums
Always Cool!
PuRo CoLoMbIaNo
look my art thread:
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewt ... 137#795137

my deviantart
http://yovannyx.deviantart.com/gallery/

Postby robro » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:40 pm

both blaze and saphire are amaysing
and

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS
Imagethank you dp for this sig
im a bit dyslectic so please exuse posseble spelling error's
Member of SRLS
please do not curce somone to get cancer while you know im looking
i hate that and it pisses me off real bad
my fanfic

Postby New Era Outlaw » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:56 pm

Er....guys...I'm not exactly new. I've been here since last year, actually, though I have been on a bit of a hiatus for a while. Thanks, anyway.

Postby DarkCrystal65 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:00 pm

Nice pictures what kind of tablet do you use? (if any xP)
The Darkness in our Hearts....
Improving myself in every picture but I need critics so please comment.

My Art Thread

Postby robro » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:15 am

New Era Outlaw wrote:Er....guys...I'm not exactly new. I've been here since last year, actually, though I have been on a bit of a hiatus for a while. Thanks, anyway.

whoops ^_^; just asumed you where new becouse everyone was "welcoming" you to the forums....please acept my apoligies
Member of SRLS
my fanfic

Re: The Gunslinger's Gallery!

Postby Dead Art » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:58 pm

Dave wrote:ART FORUM RULES

If you are a new artist, you can either post your art in the "post your ART thread" or create a topic for all of your art. Entitle it "___[your name here]____ art" or something else unique and appropriate, preferably with your name in it. Whenever you create new art, revive your old thread-- DO NOT CREATE A NEW THREAD. The author of the thread is the only one permitted to revive the thread, so if you are not the author, please do not post in a thread that has fallen below the first and second page of the forum.

i know most of your stuff is posted here

Post your ART.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...

that is fine, however you also have two other hreads started here

The New Era Outlaw Art Thread!

and

Select your heroes!

read the rules and follow them
they are here
RULES of the Art Forum (READ BEFORE POSTING!)
--------------------------------------------------------
A few words of wisdom;
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.
The following statement is true. The preceding statement was false.
There are 10 types of people in this world; those whom know binary and those whom don't.

My Artwork

Postby FrozenDream » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:46 pm

wow very nice ^^
我喝茶。你喝茶?

Postby New Era Outlaw » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:07 pm

Dead Art wrote:
Dave wrote:ART FORUM RULES

If you are a new artist, you can either post your art in the "post your ART thread" or create a topic for all of your art. Entitle it "___[your name here]____ art" or something else unique and appropriate, preferably with your name in it. Whenever you create new art, revive your old thread-- DO NOT CREATE A NEW THREAD. The author of the thread is the only one permitted to revive the thread, so if you are not the author, please do not post in a thread that has fallen below the first and second page of the forum.

i know most of your stuff is posted here

Post your ART.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...

that is fine, however you also have two other hreads started here

The New Era Outlaw Art Thread!

and

Select your heroes!

read the rules and follow them
they are here
RULES of the Art Forum (READ BEFORE POSTING!)

Whoops. I guess I haven't been here in so long, that I forgot all about those threads on my return. My bad. =(

Though, to be honest, I think I'll hold on to this thread, instead of reviving those that I've forgotten about so long ago. Those must have been bumped down way deep into the annals of the forum, and I don't want to further confuse things by reviving those threads and having multiple threads done by me run rampant.

In the spirit of the thread, though, I'll put up something here.
Here's something I did a while ago:

Once again, my sincerest apologies. I really didn't know.

Postby Berlin Poe » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:35 pm

Not bad. Not my favorite art style American Anime, but it's pulled off well.

Postby New Era Outlaw » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:50 pm

Thanks, guys. =)

So, to keep things flowing, a concept sketch, or, as I'd like to put it:
"What happens when the New Era Outlaw goes overboard with cross-hatching."

This is a sketch of Vulturo, the leader of the Black Vulcan Organisation, a covert terrorist group. As his name suggests, Vulturo would much rather let his henchmen or accomplices handle the gist of things, only intervening when absolutely necessary or the damage has been done (sort of like how a vulture swoops down to pick on a carcass when it finally drops dead.)

Vulturo was the second villian I ever designed, and probably the one that has probably remained as he was as when I first thought of him, even after all this time. Here are a couple of MUCH older drawings that I did of him:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p304 ... ulturo.jpg

The very first Vulturo drawing I ever did, way back in 2004.
I wanted to introduce a shady, yet somewhat eccentric villian to fight the Acolytes. Vultures are about as shady as you can get. If you're wondering why Vulturo has that head design, though, it's because he's partly inspired by Zelkin (from Star Gladiator), and that image has pretty much stuck with me. The main assets of his costume were his long, flowing cape, and those razor sharp, metallic talons.

However, he looked a bit too heroic here, so it was back to the drawing board for me.

Okay!
That's more like it.
I gave Vulturo a much darker colour palette to work with than the first in this one, and I pretty much made the eyes of his costume act as such, rather than have Vulturo's eyes under the beak like in the first drawing (which, now that I think about it, doesn't make much sense...that big beak's definitely going to blind him.) I made his cape longer to give a more imposing, sinister appearance. Most of all, I reworked his 'Vulture Talons' so that they're longer and present a viable hazard during combat. Perched on his arm is Vulturo's pet vulture. I have no idea what to call it without sounding corny, though.
Any ideas?

The only gripe I had was that Vulturo, being the clever, yet shrewd and ruthless leader that he is, appeared too young. He needed to be a bit older, and show that age. The costume was fine, though (although I would go on to elaborate more on his neck plumage in later drawings.)

I tried a simpler approach to Vulturo in this drawing, and practised a bit with more dynamic poses. I was pretty much still experimenting, though, so it's not really an evolution of his costume, as such.

Postby Axel » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:21 am

Awsome stuff. Great color.
*Thats just my two cents, which is actualy worth four cents melted down. God Bless America.*

Postby Kartai » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:04 am

Great art ;)
Image Image Image

Postby Makoto_Shinobi » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:45 am

Great drawing, Outlaw. Oh, is Gunslinger your nickname, right?

Postby Dead Art » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:17 pm

well designed character
i like how he acts like a vulture as well, instead of just having the name and costume
--------------------------------------------------------
A few words of wisdom;
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.
The following statement is true. The preceding statement was false.
There are 10 types of people in this world; those whom know binary and those whom don't.

My Artwork

Postby FrozenDream » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:31 pm

ooo vultures...they kinda give me the creeps..but very nice drawing ^^
我喝茶。你喝茶?

Postby New Era Outlaw » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:42 am

Thanks guys.

Hm...haven't updated this thread in a while.
Might as well, since I'm here....

This is a concept sketch for Anarchy, with a more 'hardcore rocker' appeal to her. In the first few drawings I did for her, Anarchy had this whole goth/dominatrix aura about her, but virtually nothing to go on in terms of character development. After a few tweaks, I devised a storyline angle for her, making her somebody who likes to cause trouble, as well as serve as a foil for Geargirl.

The woman who would become Anarchy was once Victoria Lee, a scientist and colleague of Geargirl. She was also an upcoming musician who loved to jam on her guitar. While Geargirl studied advanced robotics and automation, Victoria's experiments revolved around sound manipulation. She developed a metal called 'Sonorium' that reacted in different ways to varying sounds. With the aid of Geargirl, she developed a guitar that could produce percussion soundwaves, hover and support the weight of a human rider. Enthusiastic about her achievements, Victoria sought the favour of her peers in the scientific council, who had promised a grant to whichever experiments impressed them the most.

That time eventually came. While Victoria tried her best to impress her peers, in the end, they were more impressed with Geargirl's acheivements, and awarded her the grant. Instead of feeling happy for her friend and colleague, Victoria was bitter. She felt slighted after all of her hard work, and almost immediately after the council left, she fled to her private lab and locked herself inside.

After pondering on it for a while, Victoria asked herself:

"Wait.....why should I, out of all people, be pandering to the whims of those....those nerds? If they won't appreciate all of the hard work I've done, then FINE. From now on, I do things MY way."

With that said, Victoria underwent a change. She immediately went to work. She tinkered with her guitar, equipping it with axe blades, and fine tuning it so that it released concussion blasts when played a specific way. She changed her looks and her attitude towards life. No longer would she pander to the whims of authority, which she saw as something that ruled over her her entire life. From now on, she would sow the seeds of chaos in all that she did, and bring down whatever she saw as an oppresive regime.

"I'm doing things my way from now on....to HELL with what society thinks!"

She changed her angle as a musician, becoming a hardcore rocker that preached messages of destruction and bringing down authority! To aid in her image, she dyed a red streak in her hair, melted down her Sonorium to fashion chains to tie around her arms, and came up with a new identity for herself- one which reflected her new views towards life.

From that day forward, the woman known as Victoria Lee had disappeared. She would now be known....as Anarchy.

Eventually, Anarchy decided to pay a visit to the very symbols of authority that led to her revile of such- the scientific council that shunned her experiments. But, on the way to having her revenge, she would run across the last person she'd ever expect to face....

Postby Torgue » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:16 am

Lovely details.

Postby DarkCrystal65 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:30 pm

the skulls are a nice touch.
The Darkness in our Hearts....
Improving myself in every picture but I need critics so please comment.

My Art Thread

Postby robro » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:59 pm

DarkCrystal65 wrote:the skulls are a nice touch.

i find the teeth on them to be the "nice touch"
Torgue wrote:Lovely details.

ditto
Member of SRLS
my fanfic

Postby ROCKWELL » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:06 pm

you are realy good. whats the prosses you use to get so much detail into your pics
Rockwells arts n comics
"Lord Soth"--It's just so bland without you here. Spam forum without Rockwell is not win.
"krimson-Death"--...Ur probably one of the best artists ive seen on snafu...
"ZoulArt"-- I've read your comics and your a super mega awsome comic artist...Your getting better and better at what you do so keep it up!
"teran4ever"--No one cares if you are a skilled artist, you are a total douche.
"Brax4"--Rockwell, seriously, your comics rock, probably one of my favorite artists on the site...
"EagleMan"--Congratulations rockwell. You have become a legend to these people...
"whispersoul"--Woah, Rockwell. Awesome works. It's been a while since I've seen your arts. and I'm glad that your talents are still the shit.
"Boymonkey130"--Rockwell....Your crap flies forth at mach speed. It destroys all in its path, and... then catches fire, obliterating those who oppose you. I WORSHIP your crap.

Postby gun_girl » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:21 pm

Awsome job, if you wanted any criticism all I would have to say is just the hands and feet you're anatomy is prettygood and you have an awsome style with details!
"I've got a firm policy on gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be the one controlling it."
-Guns don't kill people, Crazy a$$ motherf*****s do
-Guns don't kill people, husbands that come home early do
Check out some of my latest art:
My Art Topic
ZoulArt wrote:...Im GAY!!!!!...

~♥ GG :happy:

Location: In your moms vagina growing wepons of mass distruction

Postby New Era Outlaw » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:37 am

Thanks, guys.

Anyhoo....

This is a concept sketch for Inferno, an extremely psychotic enemy of the Acolytes, in particular, Commander Blaze, who he wants to see dead the most.
Basically, for Inferno's costume, I took a costume I originally designed for Commander Blaze, and added some exhaust plates to his costume. Since Inferno was going to be more or less an elemental type of character, I wanted to expose as much of his flaming body as possible.

Some backstory here:

Inferno is a firespawn, a demon conjured from the nether regions to serve Zanmato as his lackey, of sorts. Obsessed with setting things on fire, there wasn't one errand he would run without setting something ablaze, much to his master's amusement, or chagrin, depending on whatever circumstances benefitted the latter as he did so.

One day, Zanmato presented his underling with a task.
Previously, he had taken a trip to an island called Trinidad, and was attempting to negotiate power over that country with the President, as it happened to fall in the center of many of the Shadow Guild's own operations. If he had succeeded, Trinidad would serve as an excellent base of operations for the Guild's activities. The President refused his offer. So, Zanmato came up with a new plan of action- he would stage an assassination of the President, and, as the island would inevitably spiral into chaos, take it by force by staging a coup using the Shadow Guild's assassins.

Inferno's job was to see to it that before the day was over, the President was dead.

As he went to do so, however, Inferno would run across a very unlikely hero....an elementary school teacher with the power to manipulate fire, not unlike himself. Though Inferno had experience with his powers, he suffered a very humiliating defeat, and failed his mission. The victor was Blaze, whose actions propelled him to fame and stardom, and eventually, leadership over a team of heroes. Inferno would resent this- not only was he outrightly embarassed by his failure, but the man who defeated him gained recognition at the cost of his dignity. When Zanmato chastised him for what had happened, Inferno was almost driven mad. Now, he had a new purpose in life. Not only would he continue to serve his master, but he would also see to it that, before long, this new 'hero' that defeated him would be nothing but ash. It would be an ambition that would quickly turn into a compulsive obsession.

Next

Return to Art