The Salem Witches

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

The Salem Witches

Postby Mandy » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:14 am

The market place was a buzz with the latest news. "I can't believe she was a witch," excalimed one of the pudgy looking women. "Yes, I heard she turned a few policemen into badgers. The spell wore off once they burned her," replied another. Ofcourse they were talking about the witch who was burned on the out skirts of town yesterday.

It seemed as is they were having a trial every week. They always thought they had the right witch, but that was never true. The main witch who was causing all of these disturbances was one by the name of Elenore Drearie. She was an old crone with raggedy clothes and a cane to balance her self on. She lived on the outskirts of tyown in a dilapidated hut, where she conducted her experiments and inducted new witches into the house of Satan.

Drearie wasd not the only problem the townspeople faced for soon they were to be visited by the strangest of people.

Postby Shebum Devi » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:56 am

It was rather cold outside, this November morn.((is that ok?)) Of course that was to be expected living in New England, but there was a hint of warmth that wasn't coming from the oven.
"They must've did it again..." Luceria exclaimed, sweeping up some pussy willow buds that fell to the floor when she was making an arrangement for the one of the Smith families. 5 different families with the name Smith, she couldn't wait to see their lineage in a fiasco later on in the centeries. That's if they weren't condemned of being witches.
Taking up her arrangement, she exited to the outside to join the bussle of people spreading there rumors. "This town...so full of sin. Bunch of hypocrits..."
Passing a few houses, she heard footsteps following her...little ones.
"Hello my wee Lily."

"How'd you know!" in a innocent little voice.

Luceria kneeled down, took a daisy from the arrangement, and put it in Lily's hair and smiled. "Shouldn't you be sleeping...or at school?"

"Well, everyone turned out for the burning...including Miss Smith." She grabbed a hold of her hand as Luceria stood to her feet.

*sweatdrop* "Well that's rather irrisponsible. Well good you can come deliver this with me..."

She squeed softly with enjoyment...Lily didn't want to return home right now, not with her plasterd vulgar parental figure roaming the rooms of her small house. It wasn't exactly the safest place for a 7 year old.
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

Postby Mandy » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:46 pm

OOC: I was thinking about a november setting but i forgot to put it in, thanks!

Postby Jay » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:51 pm

Vincent looked on as another innocent victim was burned under the accusation of being a witch. Thpugh the hatred of witches he did share he also felt like the only person with any common sense. He had been present in the arguement that had taken place about whether the person burning was a witch or not. The arguement was completely one-sided, as always. Vincent was disgusted by the sheer number of innocents that had been killed to find a single witch when obviously actual investigation would cause quite possibly no deaths of innocents. Vincent returned to his cabin off to the outer edge of the town onlooking a lake where many had been drown when the witch cases were somehow tied. Of course everybody who was tested to see if they were witches or not, did drown. Vincent was concocting somemore potions all of which gave off a "interesting" stench. Vincent did not welcome house guests. He usually waited till night to stat his hunting so until then he passed the time cleaning his eguipment and polishing his sword.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Re: The Salem Witches

Postby Nameless » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:00 pm

Ezekiel walked through the market, occasionaly drinking from his flask as he did so. Ezekiel looked around, noting the many traders, attempting to sell as much of their stock as they could and overhearing many a comment about witches and stopped walking listening to the conversations.

"So many people labeled as witches.. I wonder if these fools can tell the difference." He took another swig from his flask and sighed, spotting a shop and deciding to walk inside of it. He glanced around spying many flowers. 'Can't hurt to buy some and take them back to the church I suppose..' He thought as he began to take a look around.

Postby Shebum Devi » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:11 pm

"Hello Miss Smith, Here you go..." Luceria placed the arrangement upon the table. "Thank you for letting me complete this one at home. I've been so worked up lately. All this death is really getting to me."
"Oh dear, it's fine. But this is a normal part of our lives. I mean, you wouldn't want witches to come and feast on our children, like Lily right here." The comment scared Lily a bit and she hid behind Luceria.
"Unless you be one ye self."
Both Luceria and Lily's eyes widened. *She couldn't know!* She thought. Then then a smirk came across Miss Smith's face. "If you be a witch, I be a zombie oppussum." And they had themselves a nice laugh. A nervous one on her part.
Miss Smith gave her a small bag of money and went about her business.
Out of habit, she started picking out bits of this and that from her arrangements. It was a miracle... her flowers always seemed to last longer than the ones the manager made... Luceria claimed it to be the love she put into them, but Lily and her both knew it was something else...hense her arrangements costing a little bit more.
A stranger was present the entire time, she smiled at him as she preened the flowers.
"Can I help you with anything?"

((I'm to lazy to add color)
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

Postby Nameless » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:18 pm

Ezekiel blinked and turned his head. "Oh no I'm just looking at the moment.." He said and walked to another set of flowers, kneeling down and examining them. "These are quite well cared for.." He stood back up and continued to walk, drinking from his flask again.

Postby Shebum Devi » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:23 pm

Folding her arms and leaning against the table. "So how do you feel about these slayings?" Might aswell strike up some conversation. "If you don't mind me asking."

"I think they're mean!" Lily had to put her two cents in.

Postby Nameless » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:28 pm

"Senseless killings of people who might or might not be witches. Innocent people could be killed if someone just says their a witch now. It's quite sad, although it's not my place to complain about it after all." He sighed and tapped a finger against his flask. "If there was a real witch around here I wouldn't be so bored anyway. Most of the people who are said to be witches turn out to be normal people, which disappoints me."

Postby Shebum Devi » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:33 pm

"Is that so...? You're not like anyone else I've met...Most people find all the killing enjoyable. Maybe you're a sneaky little hunter...the church has been hiring quite a few of them lately."
Luceria took a place beside an arrangement he was standing near, put her hand on the bud of a flower. And waited for his response.

Postby Jay » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:34 pm

Vincent with his new potion in there flasks and sealed, walked down the street seeing the tradesman walk everywhere and annoucing their so called cheap prices. Vincent walked down these quiet streets with his weapons straped onto his back, daggers concealed under his jacket and many flasks. He took one flask out and drunk a drink he had worked many days on to get the recipe right, he called it Cola. Giving a slight burp he walked past the Flower Shop and stopped noticing their conversation.

Postby Nameless » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:37 pm

"I'm a hunter, this is true but sneaky is one thing I'm not. I don't like the fact of murdering witches with stealth, I rather like fair fights.. And these killings just offend me. Murdering people in broad daylight is barbaric, even when I believe that most of those people were innocent." He drank from his flask and looked inside of it. "Oy now it's empty.."

Postby Shebum Devi » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:43 pm

"Oh..." She was hoping for him to be human. A nice one. A hunter was the last thing she wanted. There goes her little magical demonstration.
A mood of nervousness came over her, and she scurried over to the other side of the room, trying to act non-chalant. "Murdering is barbaric in it's own right. No one should have to die by the hands of another" Her tone was a little stern.
Arching a brow,"...are you drunk?"

Postby Nameless » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:47 pm

"Hardly. If I was drunk you'd notice because I'd probaly seem a bit suicidal." He put away his flask. "The only thing inside that flask was a potion, which I drink quite often because I find it has a unique taste." He thought for a second. " It's quite true that no one should die by the hands of another but we still do it anyway. And I think he needs you." He said poitning to Vincent

Postby Shebum Devi » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:52 pm

She sighed. "Don't I know that..." In reference to the inevitable killing and the remark about suicide. "What kind of world do we live in?" She muttered to herself.

Lily greeted Vincent. "Can I help you?" She seemed eager to take over and gain some reasponsibility.

Luceria stood behind her and permited it. Smiling at the new comer. "What she said"
Last edited by Shebum Devi on Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cali Defender » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:52 pm

The scent of death filled the woods near town. "Another dirty witch dead..." Sarena sneered as she looked over her calcinator. "Hopefully they got a real one this time." She had never liked the thought of innocents dying but she figured if they were witches or associated with the witches then they deserved to die. The potion would heve to sit for some hours now. "come may, lets see what the town has to say about this." (may is the cat) She and the cat headed out to town, and after about half an hour of walking they arrived at the towns limits. She could see the town inn and figured it was a good a place as any to see what people were saying.

Postby Jay » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:55 pm

Vincent looked over to Luceria and Lily.
"Nothing, just browsing to see if there are any flowers here that'll fit my needs."

Postby Shebum Devi » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:57 pm

"And what be those needs?" Please don't let it be for a funeral. That would be her last straw of hope.

Postby Nameless » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:00 pm

Ezekiel looked around, his unhidden, normally blood red eye turned grey as he scanned the room, tilting his head a bit as he looked at the air. "Strange.." He blinked and his eye turned back to normal and he looked at another plant.

Postby Shebum Devi » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:03 pm

Her ears started burning. *that's not a good sign* She thought to herself as her eyes followed Ezekiel.

Postby Nameless » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:08 pm

Ezekiel walked to another plant, scanning it with his grey eye and then turned, looking at Luceria, noting the air around her and then looked at Vincent, doing the same. He looked away. "Time to fill the flask then.." He stood up. "Excuse me miss, could I speak with you outside once your done? If it's no trouble." He said to Luceria his grey eye focused upon her.

Postby Cali Defender » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:09 pm

Sarena walked into the inn with may on her shoulder. "its her..." "why would she be here so early in the day?" "Aint it a little bright for you to be out?". Sarena ignored the petty fools who inhabited the village and continued to the innkeepers room. She knocked, but there was nobody there. "hmph. must be at the burning....". Sarena turned to the bar, "What can i do fer ya miss?" Asked the bar keeper. "What do you think of the most recent burning?" Asked Sarena."I think its a shame.", "A shame? you think its a shame evil is being rooted out of our world?" Sarena asked furiously. "No. I think that the witches should stay to there own, then we wouldnt have to mess with them." He replied cooly. "maybe, but I will never forgive them..." She walked out angrily and headed to the town center.

Postby Shebum Devi » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:11 pm

She looked him up and down and got a little apprehensive. "Why?"
Luceria being the dosile type, she accepted. "Wait here honey, and help the nice man. Miss Smith, watch Lily, I'm stepping out!"
"Aye!" She responded from the back room.
Now outside, rubbing her hands together. "What is it?" She could stop the wind from blowing cold, and cause it to bring the heat from where the fire was, but that'd be too conspicuous.

Postby Nameless » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:17 pm

"The air around you is very much different from the other man, and unless my eye here is becoming blind or has become infected and losing it's touch that makes you a witch." He began to look at the townspeople. "They all seem to have the same air around them, but yours still stands out so I'm just telling you. There might be other hunters around here that could tell a witch from a regular human so be careful.. Oh and by the way could Ibuy some violets? I rather like them."

Postby Shebum Devi » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:22 pm

"Are you threatening me? I was exhiled from my home, I'm not going to be here. I will not rot away in some cave on the outskirts and cower in fear. That's not living!" Her tone was aggressive but softly spoken. Not meant to offend. Rubbing her forehead. "Forgive me..." SHe walks into the store and grabs him what he requested. "That'll be a shilling (Or whatever they use) They like the cold, keeps them lasting longer, but they also like the sunlight. It's best to set them on a sill..." No matter what the cercumstances she still did her jon.
Last edited by Shebum Devi on Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Role Playing