Recovery 2: Electric Boogaloo

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Recovery 2: Electric Boogaloo

Postby Yog » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:42 pm

So this is an experiment to see how far I will "evolve" after seeing my acquaintance, the shrink. After the whole negative/ hate rant, filled with references to possible sociopathic and psychopathic tendencies, I looked at the whole thing and decided to take my friend up on her offer. I've know her about a year, we had sex twice, and we're fairly close. She's a bit worried for me because I am the same way in real life as I am online, albeit more distant. She offered to be my shrink for free, something interesting in itself, seeing as I've never actually had one.

The experience was weird. I felt strange talking about myself, and we ended up discussing the recent events in my life. I told her about my nephew's birth and a few other things, and she was... Nice about it. I've never felt like this before. I'm used to people looking at me like I'm an evil creature, but she was nice for no reason. I don't understand, since I wasn't giving her anything or paying her for this.

Anyway, I know the potential shit I'll get for this, but seeing as it's the spam forum, I thought, why not? Get out all the insults that you want and fill the page. I'll make an update every Wednesday. I want to see if I can change from such a hateful person to someone more tolerable.

February - I am not a sociopath. I made the first steps toward stopping my whole alcohol dependency, was stupid enough to neglect danger of DTs. SN moves in, I start to feel for her. Took her out to a movie, had an anxiety attack from people.

March - Have a breakdown, made an alt to ridicule myself. Was reprimanded by BR. Had seizure from DTs, finally got on medication to help with withdrawal. Started to tutor kids. Began repairig relationship with my dad.

April - Almost completely cut off from alcohol. Found out one of the kids I tutor has a crush on me. Awkward situation. Start going out, went to the grocery store in the day time fo the first time. Attacked father, ordered to see psychologist.

May - Found little girl, turns out she ran away. Beat myself up about doing nothing, Lily yells at me for doing nothing. Call child services, file a complaint. Called back in a couple of weeks, said she was in a new home. I lose a lot of my fear with other people.

June - Got a job as night cashier. Tried to cros U.S. On road trip, messed up. Tried again, made good progress.

July - Visited Canada. Having relationship issues, I don't think I know what love really is. Testing new ways to see if I do feel love for SN.
Last edited by Yog on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.

Re: Recovery

Postby Mathias » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:44 pm

You had sex with her? Luckyyyyyyy.

Postby Yog » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:46 pm

I don't think of her like that. It was more of a holiday thing.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.

Postby Mathias » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:47 pm

I wish I had holidays like that.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Yog-Sothoth wrote:Get out all the insults that you want and fill the page

The fact that you expect such a reaction before even engaging in a conversation is probably a sign that constructive therapy will be good for you. It's foolish to reject the help of a professional, especially when it comes to something as important as your mental health, so keep an open mind if she tells you something you don't want to hear or something that even seems factually wrong to you.

Postby Tuor » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:48 pm

You have a bad case of pessimism, very bad. People have the capacity to be nice, especially if someone is your close friend as you've said. That implies they care about you. I think this is a good step for you. Basically, it sounds like you just keep a lot pent up and venting helped you. She sounds like a very good friend for you.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Actually, it's pretty admirable that you took this step on your own. You found someone who really is determined with helping you too, so it shouldn't be hard to believe she wouldn't be looking down on you as you relayed to her about yourself. Of course, you said you're not used to positive/a lack of negative feedback... Hmm.

Anywho, hope to hear more good things come from your future sessions.

EDIT: Darn ninjas
Last edited by Mr. Sefrol on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Hiryu » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Mathias wrote:You had sex with her? Luckyyyyyyy.
The shrink is fucking nuts.
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Hiryu wrote:
Mathias wrote:You had sex with her? Luckyyyyyyy.
The shrink is fucking nuts.

Yes, during male/female intercourse, the woman typically fucks the nuts.

Postby Tuor » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:51 pm

I dunno if she's an actual psychologist. Probably a psych student
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:52 pm

I thought it was sweet.

What led to said encounters anyways?
An Optimist

Postby Yog » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Tuor wrote:You have a bad case of pessimism, very bad. People have the capacity to be nice, especially if someone is your close friend as you've said. That implies they care about you. I think this is a good step for you. Basically, it sounds like you just keep a lot pent up and venting helped you. She sounds like a very good friend for you.

Yeah, she really is. I never really felt "support" before, seeing as it's been a situation where it feels like me against the world. It is new and weird. I felt uncomfortable with it, to be honest.
And yes, she is a psych student.
pwned-by-twilight wrote:I thought it was sweet.

What led to said encounters anyways?

The first was during Valentine's Day, where she didn't have any dates. And the second time was on New Year's, where she decided to invite me to her house to celebrate.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.

Postby Mathias » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:55 pm

I've never had a date for Valentine's Day, where's my female friend to help me out?
Clearly you are doing better than you think you are.

Postby Marquis de Soth » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:59 pm

I seriously doubt her ability to be unbiased and therefore useful to you if everything that you've said is true.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Tuor » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Well, since it apparently new, or at least something you haven't felt in awhile, it's normal for it to feel weird. You should continue to vent when you need to though, it can be very cathartic.

That's true, Soth, but if all he needs is someone to vent too then it's fine.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Lord Soth wrote:I seriously doubt her ability to be unbiased and therefore useful to you if everything that you've said is true.
What he needs is someone who will listen. Based on his situation, even if the girl was biased, she's being a real nice outlet.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:39 pm

It's often times the best thing someone needs. It's a great skill being able to just listen.
An Optimist

Postby Marquis de Soth » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:40 pm

Lyra wrote:
Lord Soth wrote:I seriously doubt her ability to be unbiased and therefore useful to you if everything that you've said is true.
What he needs is someone who will listen. Based on his situation, even if the girl was biased, she's being a real nice outlet.

What I'm more worried about is

Yog-Sothoth wrote:the shrink

If he is going to see her with the expectation of seeing counsel, she needs to be unbiased. Just being a friend and listening though? Yeah you all are right in that she'd make a good outlet for him to work through his frustrations on his own.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Yog » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:44 pm

I think of her as a shrink because she is a psych student. Plus, it is a nickname that wormed itself into my posts. At this point, she is more of an adviser and outlet than a true psychologist.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:33 pm

it is my greatest joy to reach down into the depths of the pit and pull the once damned out into the light.

that others were there and doing a much better job than me with me does nothing but exponentially heighten my satisfaction.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Yog » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Yes, I'm surprised by the collective reaction. It was the opposite of what I expected.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.

Postby Rough Giraffe » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:59 am

I'm not funny... :'(

Wow, you're right, that is therapeutic.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Mir@k » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:03 am

Fuck off.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rough Giraffe » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:07 am

Now I'm sad again.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:28 am

You should be... That last post of your was kinda bad.
An Optimist

Next

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!