SSoM's fic thread. Hidden Angels. Chapter 11 is UP! (70%)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Darkness_calls » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:24 pm

No worries Shad, I like your fic enough to never forget. I mean I've been your fan for a long time know and I'm not about to forget your work for it is really good. Continue in your own speed ^_^

Postby GridsNaranek » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:34 pm

Aye, don't rush. Something bad might happen.
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:43 pm

Chapter 5 is FINALLY complete!

To be honest though, I actually could've made it a lot longer, but I didn't want to completely exhaust what Claire and Cindy have to talk about. That, and details of "Arlcie" will be on the next chapter.
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Re: SSoM's fic thread! (chapter 5 [100%] of original fic is

Postby robro » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:35 pm

Shadowed State of Mind wrote:she knows that she isn't a bad person

ehh isnt shad a boy??
Imagethank you dp for this sig
im a bit dyslectic so please exuse posseble spelling error's
Member of SRLS
please do not curce somone to get cancer while you know im looking
i hate that and it pisses me off real bad
my fanfic

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:41 pm

GAH!! Typo! I'll get to it.
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)

Postby Darkness_calls » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:27 pm

Your fics only get more and more interesting!
I wish there were more, I'd like to read more. BUT I like your quality and therefore won't push ya ;)
(Hope you've never gotten that impression from me before)

Great work Shad, it was well worth the wait ^_^

Postby robro » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:22 am

Shadowed State of Mind wrote:GAH!! Typo! I'll get to it.

yeah typo's suck
Member of SRLS
my fanfic

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:59 am

Chapter 6

*it's been rather sunny since sunrise. Everything seemed so much brighter then usual in the morning. At noon however, gray clouds started to loom in, slightly dimming the community below. By now, with the little ones home and the parents soon taking a leave from their duties, the bright yellow sphere takes its leave from directly above and starts to move down ever so slightly*

*not too many children wish to play in the front yard, for the danger Marked Ones pose is still a big threat. Instead, they perform their leisure at the backyard instead. Their safety is virtually guaranteed, as the surveillance cameras atop the roofs and PA speakers at the corners make sure that no ills befall the kids; measures courtesy of the Enforcers. Of course, they have no way to see what goes on within the homes. Case in point, the Staydamind residence*

*before the conversation could progress, Claire opted to tell Shad the truth about Cindy's "abduction" much to the girl's dismay. Yet she couldn't help but feel that there's something about Cindy that's...how it is, unusual. For a quick second, whatever it was that had Cindy knew that the recent Marked One isn't bad flared up when she stared at Shad. That moment alone convinced Claire that the girl has something; possibly a sixth sense of sorts. No. It had to be something more then that, Claire thought. But what?*

Claire: So tell me Cindy. Who's Arlcie?

Cindy: I said I don't know.

Claire: *light giggle* Whoops, silly me. What I meant to ask is how did Arlcie help you?

Shad: And she says my memory is faulty at times. Humph!

Cindy: It all started 1 year ago. I think. Maybe it was half that. There was recess but I had a tummy ache so I couldn't play. I was being taken to a nurse's office by a teacher but then I had to use the bathroom. So he let me go (it was across from the nurse's office) and when I was finished, I was all better. He seemed a little mad though since he walked me to go to the nurse's office and it turned out my tummy ache was just me holding it in too long. He took me back to the classroom so I can get my jacket. That's when I...*in a whisper* That's when Arlcie came.

Claire: So you did see him!

Cindy: No! I knew he came but I didn't see him. He left behind a piece of paper. The weird part is that it only had his real name and number name. Oh, and something else called Solve the riddle or something.

Shad: Arlcie's number name would be 1-18-3-9-5. Maybe you were able to figure out your name using that.

Claire: Seems you've finally caught on.

Shad: Hey, what's that supposed to mean?!

Cindy: He's right. That's how I was able to find my true name. But it took a really long time, and needed more of Arlcie's help.

Claire: At what times did he help you?

Cindy: I don't remember. He hasn't helped me in a long time. The other times he did, they were amazing! After he left behind his paper, I looked in my desk and found a thesaurus and dictionary!

Claire: So that explains your vocabulary.

Cindy: With those, I was able to write really great journals, but I stopped doing that.

Claire: Why?

Cindy: Well, the teachers said I don't know what those words mean. Back then 2nd graders use simpler words, so it has to be the same for our journals as well. I think I showed you one time and said it was as if a 5th grader wrote it.

Claire: Yes. Didn't you show the teacher your thesaurus?

Cindy: She took it away. For some reason I wasn't supposed to have something like that. I don't get it.

Shad: Don't know what those words mean? That's the same thing Ms. Louise did! I know how that feels.

Claire: Shad?

Shad: The same thing happened with me when I presented my journal. Ms. Louise says I'm not supposed to stick my nose in that kinda stuff, but I wanted it to be interesting! She crossed out lots of things.

Claire: What could she have crossed out that was so bad?

Shad: That's the point! I don't think it was bad!; all I wrote was going shopping with you, seeing Cindy at the supermarket, seeing her again walking home, all the way up to watching you and Ta...uh-oh.

*upon hearing Shad's short monologue, Cindy's "gift" flares up again as her stare remains fixated on the boy. Something seemed to grow inside him, and the bigger it got, the farther (only a tiny bit) Cindy scooted away. The fact that the one who hollered a greeting at her while the Enforcer was taking her home is sitting right next to her didn't help quench her stomachache, an obvious nervous reaction*

Claire: *sigh* You have no idea how much you resemble your father right now.

Cindy: Um...may I get some water please?

Shad: I got it! *sprints to the kitchen, only to trip due to his haste* OW!

Claire: *sweat drop* Um...so what happened next?

Cindy: That's when it got weirder. When school was over and I was putting on my jacket, I felt something in the pockets. I looked inside and it was another pair of those things!

Claire: Another dictionary and thesaurus? They weren't in the pockets before?

Cindy: No. And this was the same day the other ones were confiscated. The same note with Arlcie's name on it was there again, only this time it said (in red letters): Keep out of sight next time. First I thought it was a student in the same class, but no one else had a dictionary and thesaurus.

Claire: So what you're saying is that after the old books were confiscated, you found new ones on that same day?

Cindy: That's not the only time he helped me. Once when I lost my pink glitter pencil and mommy wouldn't get another one, I found that same glitter pencil in my desk the next day! When I forgot to study for a test, there was a study sheet with Arlcie's name on it. And when I was taking out a textbook during class, there was another book. To Kill a Mockingbird! I really liked that book too! All those things I got as help. All of them had his name on them. Arlcie. Arlcie. Arlcie. *sigh* I think I had a guardian angel.

Claire: Had?

Cindy: Sometime before he stopped helping me, there was another book that appeared the same way, but it wasn't from Arlcie.

Claire: From whom?

Cindy: I don't know. It had no name.

Claire: What kind of book was it?

Cindy: *fidgets; blushes* I...I can't say what it is, but it got mommy and daddy really angry. They even ripped it and burned the rest of the pages.

Claire: *appalled* What kind of book warrants such...

Cindy: It was just a book that just slipped out when I got home. After that, Arlcie was gone. He never helped me again after that day.

Claire: Gone? Come now, don't say that.

Cindy: But...

Claire: He may be gone but he helped you a lot didn't he? It's just that for some reason he doesn't wish to show himself. Perhaps he's helping another child right now.

Cindy: Maybe, but I don't know. I feel like I still need him.

Claire: Cindy. *holds her hand* We all think we need someone. It's human nature to find a companion but we also need to be independent at times. Even if Arlcie is gone, what of the knowledge he gave you? Is that gone?

Cindy: *shakes head*

Claire: Exactly. It's in your mind. Everything that goes in there can never vanish, never be taken away no matter what anyone says.

Shad's voice: It's also human nature to seek the truth, no matter how hurtful it may be to either party.

*Shad finally comes in with a small glass of water filled to the brim. He walks ever so slowly as to not spill a drop, then eventually (yet slowly) puts it on the table*

Shad: That's what daddy always says. It's what he believed in. Mommy says he was there when...well, I don't think I remember that part.

Claire: Again with the memories?

Cindy: He must be a really great...huh? Did you say 'was' there?

Shad: *saddened tone* Um...maybe I'll tell you again sometime. I don't think this is a good time.

Cindy: What was his name?

Claire: Dimitri Staydamind.

Cindy: *gasps; eyes widen* WHAT?! You mean D...d...Dimitri?! THE Dimitri Staydamind?! *grabs her backpack*

Claire: Cindy?

Shad: Wait, what's wrong? We were just starting to talk about somethi...

Cindy: *tad bit upset* I can't stay here!

Claire: How come? Your time isn't up until your mo...

Cindy: Not you! SHAD!

Shad: Me? What did I do?

Claire: Cindy, Shad's not a bad person. What's wrong?

Cindy: *sniff* I know. I knew it when he came here. I just don't want it to happen again. This stupid...stupid THING I HAVE I...I DON'T TO MAKE YOU DISAPPEAR!!!

*and with that, Cindy bolts out the door on the brink of tears. Shad and Claire can only watch from the window as the little girl scampers across the street and enters her home. All the time never looking back*

Shad: Why?

Claire: She knew it when Shad came here? It's as I thought. *bites her nails* That poor child.

*while Shad ponders on the cause of Cindy's sudden leave, the girl in question is already in a state of mental distress. Her lengthy hair sprawled all over the bed once again and head buried in her pillow, the youngster fervently wonders why it has come to this. Of all the times her gift triggered itself, and the one thing she saw--and felt when Shad came in, she could no longer stand it. Although Cindy can hardly remember why she sees the things she sees, it matters not. Her sight...her view...is the bane of those who are not deserving of punishment. All who come to her, who in turn is drawn to them by her sight become branded. And now she fears a child will suffer the cold hard fist of what her parents deem justice. And to make matters worse...he's the son of Dimitri; the last person she wanted IT to activate whilst looking at him*

*whatever it was Cindy saw in Shad, it's the same thing most, if not, all Marked Ones have; the one thing that separates them from all the others. It makes them unique, almost the black sheep of society. And yet, it's that same uniqueness, the same thing as cursed as the ability the little girl dons, that everyone would wish to extinguish*

*they pass her everyday, they see her everyday, but she tries to avert her eyes. Many times the gift activates upon seeing them, and there are oh so many. Far more then most would wish to believe. They don't appear much different from other people, despite constant rumors. In fact, she's surprised she believed otherwise. These days, rumors of Marked Ones are taken as fact far too often. And she hated it so*

*often when she lays her violet orbs upon that certain type of person, whether they're Marked or not, the gift not only reveals those distinguishing qualities within, but causes her to feel rather mesmerized. Her chest becomes a tad bit painful due to hasted heartbeats, and an inexplicably soothing feeling goes awash through her entire body. If only they knew*

*Cindy raises her head from her pillow, slightly damp due to watery eyes. The little girl's eyes are shut however, not wanting to bear witness to what the gift shows her. She opens her eyes and brings her hand to her face. A gentle sigh of relief seeps from her mouth*

Cindy: It's gone. It'll come back. It ALWAYS comes back!

*if only they knew, Cindy thinks to herself. If only they knew of her Heart's Eye*

Chapter 6 completed!
Last edited by Shadowed State of Mind on Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: SSoM's fic thread! (chapter 6 [50%] of original fic is U

Postby robro » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:28 pm

:shock: omg that chapter is so awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!
Member of SRLS
my fanfic

Postby Darkness_calls » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:28 pm

This is getting ever so mysterious.
Great liteture, enjoyable text. Good story so far, keep it coming ^_^

Re: SSoM's fic thread! (chapter 6 [50%] of original fic is U

Postby slsomicman » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:59 am

Nice update Shad. Looking forward to more ^_^ And I've already got a few ideas about Arlcie...heheheh.
Henshin a go-go baby!

I messed up, my name's supposed to be slsonicman -_-......

Postby crilly123 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:50 pm

Please write something i just read the last coment and the intier storey and
this storey rocks

Re: SSoM's fic thread! SURPRISE UPDATE!!!

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:35 pm

Chapter 6 is finally complete!

Also, I would like to say most terribly sorry for the horribly long delay. College, Writer's Block, laziness...not a good mix. But as usual, I usually get back at the ball and plan a bit more, and then some! How? Well not only did I manage to complete the above chapter, but I have a special treat for you all. I'm aware that many wishes to see a certain fanfic back in full blast. While this isn't quite the beginning, consider this a flashback prologue of sorts. Enjoy!!

*smoke fills a flickering corridor in a large facility of sorts. The metal tiles on the floor are covered by the corpses of soldiers in uniform, accompanied by a lengthy puddle of blood. A large cylinder light bulb, the source of the flickering, is one of the few means of illumination as its casing is fractured, hanging and swaying by a single thin wire. The wire snaps, the only light source of the corridor of twisted metal and debris shattering into hundreds of glass shards as they cut through the already disfigured corpses. The darkness is now another obstruction in the rubble-laden hallway, the crackling of loose electricity from severed wires the only sound to be heard*

*The central lobby is virtually the only area of the facility that has been left unscathed. It was here that a brave woman made a stand, and stopped the monster from carrying out its reign of destruction outside the base. Unfortunately, she was rather hesitant to do so, and for good reason. Killing the monster—silencing its shrieks of immeasurable terror—also meant bringing a very premature end to a life most precious. Even now the lady is knelt next to the tiny near-nude corpse of the slain one as she weeps, her tears raining down from orbs of white and brown, hating herself for what she had to do. No measure of power she possesses can restore him. All she does now is cry and make tiny, painful whispers of the name of the life she extinguished so swiftly*

*standing around the body and woman, three more survivors bear witness to the aftermath of a dreadful accident. One man, a short person no taller then the other two, says nothing as he remains in sheer shock whilst staring at his sobbing wife. His hands are open palmed, shaking erratically. His eyes constantly blinked, as if forcing himself to believe that what he saw happen…didn’t really happen*

*the tallest survivor—also unscathed—dons a look of mourning, yet he does not cry. He refuses to cry. He knows full well that no amount of tears the woman sheds can bring reverse what has been done. He knelt down beside her. He checked the body’s pulse and then his watch. There can be no denying it. Not a single field of science can hypothesize a method of restoring the dead*

*the last survivor of the slaughter appears to be the most damaged one. There’s a gaping hole in the chest area of his brown suit, hinting that he took the full front of an attack that would’ve proved fatal, yet his chest shows no signs of injury. Nevertheless, his clothes are still soaked in what may be his own blood. One lens of his glasses is shattered. Unlike the looks of misery, shock, and apathy that the previous three survivors have, this man’s face shone with sheer awe, his mouth nearly agape. One can say that he was amazed with this tragic turn of events. Too bad no one else present feels anything close to that. They have seen the worst case scenario take place. The three men merely watched as the woman, still in tears, saved their lives, yet committed an irreversible sin*

*a child of just 3 years…has been murdered*

Claire: *still sobbing* Shaddy. Shaddy I’m so sorry. I…I…

Cranston: Claire, this was a situation all of us tried to avoid at every cost. He took several hundred lives, but had no idea what he was doing. Chemical X warped his mind. That monster you took down wasn’t the same toddler who you cradled in your arms.

Dimitri: *eyes in an almost trance-like state* Three years old…just three years…his first day…everything. Three years.

Dr. Brisbane: *still in awe* All that power. The first half-hour alone he decimated one-third of our forces. In the next half we had no one left. *looks down on Shad’s corpse* Yet it all ended in less then a minute. Still, at least we of the Global Defenders at last know the limits of Chemical X. If only we had a way of controlling others in that state…

Dimitri: *teeth gritted; seething* There is no “we”.

Dr. Brisbane: Excuse me?

Dimitri: …….

*Brisbane sees Dimitri’s back faced at his direction. He slowly walks toward him for an explanation*

Dr. Brisbane: I’m not so sure if I heard that. What did you say about…?

*CRACK!! There was a WHOOSH sound followed by small bones cracking. Dimitri punches his employer right at the face’s center, potentially breaking the nose. Shocked, Brisbane is toppled to the ground, yelping in pain as Cranston runs to him. Claire’s attention remains unaverted*

Cranston: Dimitri was that really necessary?! He’s your employer for God’s sake! What he did may have been unethical but he honestly tried to predict the outco…

*at this point, Dimitri is no longer in shock, but in a spiraling state of rage. Contemptuous, burning rage directed at the one he sees as responsible for the slaughter that occurred*

Dimitri: *fit of rage* Predicted? PREDICTED?! Did you PREDICT what would happen when you tricked Cranston into bringing Shad to you? Did you PREDICT how he would feel when he’s knocked out and shoved into an oversized tube?! Did you PREDICT what would happen when you syringed vial of vial of a volatile chemical into a human that hasn’t even left the toddler stage left, just to prove some fallacious theory of yours?!

Cranston: Dimitri…

Dimitri: *raising voice* And did you PREDICT that it would all result in the deaths of nearly our ENTIRE STAFF?!?! *now crying* HUNDREDS OF LIVES LOST THANKS TO YOU!! Care to explain to all their families how their loved ones were just killed thanks to your arrogance?! Husbands, wives, fiancés, and the children?! Can you sense the grief they’ll soon feel?!

Cranston: Dimitri…

Dimitri: And now you expect me to fix all this? FORGET IT!!

Dr. Brisbane: How can you forget? You saw everything. Well, everything that occurred in the second half of the hour. Besides, even you knew that I’d go to any lengths to make our ideals a reality. *groans in pain as he holds his now bloody nose*

Cranston: *concerned tone* Dimitri. Brisbane…

Dimitri: Well then. Do you wonder what I think of them now?

*in a fit of fury, Dimitri rips off the Global Defenders emblem off his shirt, throws it on the ground and smashes it to pieces upon stomping on it. Cranston is a little startled, while Brisbane’s eyes widen with surprise*

Dimitri: THAT’S what I think of them now!! From this day forward I—Dimitri Staydamind—hereby resign from the Global Defenders. Translation: I QUIT!!!

Cranston: Excuse me…

Dr. Brisbane: Taken the coward’s way out I see. You have quite the superior gift Dimitri. Surely you won’t waste it on the commoners. After all, there isn’t another government-sponsored organization sophisticated enough to put it to use.

Dimitri: So despite all I’ve done for you, that’s what I was all this time; A tool in a giant dome.

Dr. Brisbane: Claire! I am in need of your medical prowess. Your husband doesn’t seem to have proper respect for his superiors.

Dimitri: You don’t even deserve her powers! Not anymore! NOT EVER!!

Cranston: Will you two…

Dimitri and Dr. Brisbane: WHAT IS IT?!?!

Cranston: Claire’s gone.

Dimitri: *turns around, only to see exactly what Cranston said* Where’s Shad?

Dr. Brisbane: Perhaps she’s preparing to dispose…*punches again, this time loosing a tooth*

Cranston: No time for that Dimitri! Let’s just look for her!

*elsewhere, in a medical room of sorts, the door opens as Claire carries her dead child. She places him on a hospital bed, flicks the (now dim, due to a failing power source) lights on and sits down on a nearby chair. Looking around, she’s aware that the room she’s in possesses medical tools that rivals most top hospitals, with some not even publicly released yet. Sadly, it makes not one difference. No matter how advanced they are, they cannot restore the one reason they exist. Life*

*Claire has stopped her crying. She raises a finger and thinks a spark within. It lights up, shines, and finally, glows an ambient cerise. The other fingers and thumb follow suit as the light spreads to them and the palm, making the entire hand shine. It was this power that saved several people at the Townsville Hospital. The power that mended bones thought to be irreparable, the power that donned the moniker “Angel of Miracles”, and the power that even went as far as regenerate organs that were once dying. She felt so powerful, so useful, so…God-like. And now all those feelings have been replaced by the exact opposite*

Claire: *head down* Me? Angel of Miracles? *sniff* Why can’t I make a miracle now?!

*after that sentence, the lights dim even further, just a few watts away from blacking out. A thin black mist comes almost from nowhere as it blocks out the little illumination the bulbs provided, sans Claire’s still glowing hand*

Claire: *looks up; startled* What? I thought the backup power would last longer then…

Voice: It is time.

*startled further, Claire jumps out of the chair and turns in the direction of the door, which somehow closes itself. Now scared, she slowly turns around and sees what would be her worst nightmare had she not been exposed to it on a daily basis. At the other side of the hospital bed, stands a figure even taller then the woman. He.—or it—dons a black cloak and the hood over a long, vertical skeleton head with a big jaw. The ghastly figure wields a scythe, the blade at the top of a long pole. Claire then realizes that this isn’t just some display model she frequently saw back in high school, but the very being she disregarded as fantasy alone*

Claire: *paralyzed with fear* The…Gr…gr…Grim Reaper?

Grim: You guess correct, woman. *looks down at the dead boy as he raises his scythe up high*

Claire: Wait! What are you doing?!

Grim: What does it look like? I’m reaping.
Claire: What for? He’s already dead!

Grim: True, but his soul must be separated from the body. If it stays in much longer it will atrophy and vanish. It is my duty to bring them out when it is their time. This child must be guided to…

Claire: *tears up once more* NO! It’s not his time! He’s only three years old!!

Grim: And I’ve reaped SIDS babies long before you lived! *voice becoming booming* No more interruptions!

Claire: *arms stretched; covers half her body over Shad’s* I can’t let you! He can’t be dead yet! There has to be some mistake!!

Grim: This coming from the one responsible for his death. I’m not one to rend the souls of those who haven’t reached their time, but should you persist…

Claire: I WON’T LET YOU!!! HE DIDN’T DESERVE THIS!!

Grim: You either get out of the way or die now! Don’t you think you’re being selfish?! What of your husband?!

Claire: Dimitri?

Grim: He’s pained that his only child was responsible for numerous deaths due to some sort of miraculous yet deadly chemical or something. Not sure on the details due to the mass murder, bit in a rush considering the bodies outside. What I’m trying to say is that despite all of your efforts, he is still dead. And dead he shall stay. For regardless of your massive angelic powers…not even you can bring back the dead.

*Claire’s mind sparked up a thought. That’s when she remembered a certain discussion between her and Brisbane. Her thoughts skim to the end when they finally spoke of the Chemical X’s possible properties. One presumed property intrigued Claire; if it was the same one that gave her near-immortality, then maybe…*

Claire: *gets up; seemingly letting Grim help himself to Shad* Fine. You win.

*Grim smiles a little, glad that Claire knew what he’s capable of. After all, no one cheats the Grim Reaper, especially not a mere mortal. Although he found it odd that the footsteps outside the room sounded a little fast when Claire exited. Oh well, it matters not. The spectral skeleton raises his scythe once more, the tip of the blade pointed at Shad. He swiftly brings it down, but…*

Claire’s voice: *screams* LEONAZIUM!!!

*a small shockwave is sent throughout the room, breaking counters and shattering tubes. Grim, taking the full blast, is practically flung backwards, crashing at the wall as the scythe flies out of his hands and lands atop the fallen counter amongst the test tubes. Now at the door is Claire, but not quite the same shaking woman just a few minutes ago. Her eyes display a mixture of malice and small traces of insanity. The latter is apparent by short, tiny chuckles. That is short lived as she falls down on her knees but raises her right arm up high. It holds a medium sized syringe filled to the brim with an obvious black substance*

Claire: Ugh…used too much power then. *grabs hold of the bed ledge, struggling to get up* At least that thing is out of the way.

Grim: If you honestly think you can wield my scythe…

Claire: What? *slight chuckle* Who said I was going to do anything with that?

*Claire bends down to the bed’s height. She takes out a tiny damp ball of cotton and rubs it on Shad’s arm*

Claire: Good. Rigor Mortis hasn’t started yet. It should be able to work. *points the needle at its target*

Grim: You wouldn’t?! The boy is dead. DEAD!! You are responsible for his death and now you must deal with it! Stick with the cards you’ve been dealt!

Claire: His name is Shad Staydamind. When I gave him life I promised him that I would never let it die! You exist to make sure that the living never keeps on living! You have no idea of the consequences death holds! The damaging emotions one feels when a loved one perishes! Man, woman, boy, or girl, it matters not! I’m already the indirect cause of one other life. I may not have been able to save her, but I will bring my son back RIGHT HERE!! RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Grim: *arm stretched towards the scythe, which flies back to him*NO YOU SHALL…

*too late. The syringe is stabbed into Shad’s arm. At that instant, the scene fades into black. After that, the only sound made was a terrified scream of a little girl*

Bubbles’ voice: SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Postby Darkness_calls » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:25 pm

OOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOhhhhhHHHHHHhhhh!
That was an awesome flashback. I do miss your writings. You must get loosened out of this Writers Block :)

Really great!
I can't wait for more from you ^_^

Postby slsomicman » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:55 am

YOU BROUGHT IT BACK!!! =O (If only for a moment.)
So does this mean its not an idefinite hitaus? Or was that just a teaser?
You're evil, now I'm all super hyped up about this thread again lol.
Henshin a go-go baby!

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:25 pm

Chapter 1: Awakening to a dark world

Voice: *soft whisper* Bubbles.

*the scene opens up to nothing. The entire surrounded area is completely black with an ominous beating sound to boot. If there were trees, one would be able to hear the slight scrapping sound of a dead leaf falling from its birthplace. One would be quick to assume that total darkness is among the most feared of things, yet right now there’s an almost eerie calm to this one*

Voice: *whisper* Bubbles.

*suddenly fading far off is a faintly glowing light pink and blue figure of sorts. A close up reveals its identity: a certain little girl with certain sisters with certain powers lies face up; unconscious and motionless. Her blonde hair, which is usually tied into pigtails now lacks the usual bowstrings as its now dropped down to her shoulders. The sleeveless dress is monotonous, a black “belt” around the stomach area dividing the blues above and below. The view goes down to the upper-thigh length white stockings and black Mary Janes. Finally, a view is shown on the child’s face. The nose is small, lips slightly parted, and eyes closed shut. However, slight rushes of air can be heard from the mouth. She is alive, yet in a coma-like state within a backdrop of obsidian*

Voice: Wake up Bubbles! Wake up!

*answering to whoever is calling her, the little blonde one opens both eyes halfway. She struggles to stand up but can only manage to assume a sitting position. The head is raised as the girl makes a slightly squeaky yawn, stretching her arms up high*

Voice: Halfway there but I suppose it’s the best you can muster.

*disoriented and dazed, Bubbles is completely unaware of her surroundings. It’s as if she just got out of bed and expects a morning greeting from her sisters. She still feels very sleepy, so her awakening should mean its well past sunrise. Yet she feels no sunlight of any sort. It’s as if the darkness is making her think its still night. She can barely even remember the dire predicament she was caught up in not too long ago. How long was the child sleeping?*

Bubbles: *mumbling* Uh…*short yawn* What is this?

Voice: What’s your name?

Bubbles: Um…Bauble? No, that’s not right. Bubbles Utonium. *looks around* Is it nighttime?

Voice: You really don’t recall?! Look at you! *sigh* Then again, it’s not too much of a surprise. It’s a miracle you even survived that attack. Ring any bells?

*alas, not a single vague memory was jogged. Due to her disoriented state, Bubbles’ senses are somewhat impaired. She can’t even tell whether the voice speaking to her was male or female, let alone where it’s coming from*

Bubbles: I…I remember being in a place almost as dark as this. Not all the way dark though.

Voice: Pretty vague but it’s a start. Think harder Bubbles! You have to wake up!

Bubbles: Why? I am awake…well, almost.

Voice: Although you’re starting to regain your senses you’re not awakened entirely! The darkness around you will only vanish when you regain your purpose.

Bubbles: My…my purpose? My purpose is to protect people.

Voice: Yes, that is indeed true but you have another priority just as great as that. You must seek it and accomplish it! And waking up is the first step towards doing so!

Bubbles: *coming to her senses* What do you mean?! Is this about that thing that happened in Black Eden?

Voice: Finally you understand.

Bubbles: *head clearing up* Yeah, I’m starting to remember. We were in Black Eden trying to save Shaddy but…*gasps* SHADDY!!

*the doors in her mind burst open as everything she’s seemingly forgotten rings the bells of her memory. Her initial friendship with Shad, the separation, his kidnapping, her developing feelings toward him, the Creampuffs…all of them, right up to the completely inexplicable chain of events that occurred upon Aku’s appearance. Shad’s horrific transformation, Aku’s demise by who was later revealed to be Barasia…the last thing being remembered is seeing a couple of boys beside her; Two enormously powerful boys. One of whom took herself, her sisters, and all of her friends down with just a single attack. After that…nothing*

Bubbles: *starting to panic* I-I-I need to get out! Blossom! Buttercup! Where are you?! *sobbing*

Voice: Bubbles, crying won’t get you anywhere! You must stand up and will yourself to awaken! Should you wish to save the ones you hold dear you must wake up! Now stand!

Bubbles: *stands up* Now what? And where is this place? It feels a little familiar somehow.

Voice: I assume you’re starting to get a little agitated. You don’t remember this place?

*Bubbles takes some time to compose herself as she wipes the tears from her eyes. Yes, she thinks to herself. It’s that feeling. That eerie, spine-melting feeling, that gave her nightmares for half a summer alone. Never again did the frightened little girl wish to set foot upon this land again. It did not take long for her to figure out just where she is*

Bubbles: I don’t understand. I thought…

Voice: You are the Wall. The final fragment of the blockade that stands between Shad and… *pauses* I shudder to think.

Bubbles: What? You mean I’m only here because I’m a Wall? *looks at her hands* Why am I glowing then?

Voice: *sigh* I suppose I should’ve said it in other words. In here, you’re a mental block, the last one I should say; the sole remaining light. Unfortunately such good fortune may not last. You’re not needed here, not yet at least. Your sisters, no, EVERYONE needs you now!

Bubbles: That’s why I have to wake up? What will happen to this place? And who are you?

Voice: Never mind that now! It’s far too late for me as it is! If you don’t leave this place soon then…

*Bubbles’ faint aura vanishes before the voice can finish speaking. Next thing it knew, the Powerpuff started to become transparent*

Voice: About time.

Bubbles: Wait! How will I come back here?! If Shaddy isn’t near me anymore then…

Voice: I’m sorry Bubbles. I’ve tried my utmost to stop this series of events, yet even my greatest of efforts were all in vain.

Bubbles: *seconds away from vanishing* But…who are you?! How do you know me?

Voice: Goodbye little one.

Bubbles: Wait…wait…WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!

*Bubbles disappears from the dark realm in the blink of an eye. All is silent within the darkness once more. The next thing she knew, Bubbles immediately opened her eyes and jolted her head up. Hastily looking left and right as if hyped up on caffeine, she catches wind of her new, unfamiliar location. A small room consisting of little more then a desk, a lamp, a window, and the bed she’s on right now*

Bubbles: *whispers* What is this place?

*near the desk lamp is a small clock, which reads 12:08PM. But the only source of light is said desk lamp. Looking at the window, Bubbles sees no sunlight coming through it, despite being midday*

Bubbles: Where’s the sun? Shouldn’t it be out by now?

*curious, Bubbles slides off the bed, just noticing that her shoes are not on her feet. She walks toward the window and opens it up. The little heroine expects the lack of sunlight to be due to an unusually cloudy day. The true cause practically makes Bubbles so startled she falls on her bottom*

*there is no sun. The sky is dark, yet there’s no moon and stars. The clouds don twisting colors of violet, gray, and black. The bark on most of the trees appears to be charred black, with leaves being dulled silver. There are people, but rather strange looking ones. Most seem to be walking in uniform as if on patrol; Half an army’s worth in fact. Another odd feature is that they appear to be in slate gray uniforms with large black belts at the waist. In short, the multitudes of soldier-like figures heavily resemble Nazi troops. The only thing that distinguishes them is that in place of a swastika, an image of a yellow daisy is embroidered on the sleeve. From a window view, it’s hard to make out whether they’re adults or even children. There were so many new things, frightening things that overwhelmed Bubbles. Despite being confused and scared at where she is and what’s going on, one thing is obvious. When she woke up from whatever dream world she was in, she didn’t just open her eyes and expected the sunlight to splash her face. No, what she woke up to is far direr and far more sinister…*

*she has awakened…to a world of darkness*

End of Chapter 1!

Postby crilly123 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:59 pm

awesome keep up the good work

Re: SSoM's fic thread! SURPRISE UPDATE #2 (guess what's back

Postby slsomicman » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:23 am

Two updates in the same month?! wOOt! What's going to happen I wonder....?
Henshin a go-go baby!

Re: SSoM's fic thread! SURPRISE UPDATE #2 (guess what's back

Postby Leon FlameBurst » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:39 am

Indeed a surprise! Long time no see!
Awesome work about the intro, wondering how Bubbles will do...

Postby Darkness_calls » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:57 pm

Whohoooo!
The saga continues!
Love love love!

Greatness all over ^_^
Never quit, you are to good and your story is to nice.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:24 am

Name: Cindy Piper
Child#: 3-9-14-4-25
Status: Under close observation by Claire Staydamind due to recurring interactions with Marked Ones (over 5 in the past 2 months)
Personality: Shy; mostly keeps to herself
Family affiliations: Tabatha; enforcer. Nicolas; head genetic scientist
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Violet
Dislikes: Loneliness, her "gift"...
Gift: Heart's Eye

The shy one she is, Cindy Piper has always been one who keeps to herself. Despite wanting some form of companionship, such desires are repeatedly bogged down. Part of the reason is because she's the daughter of one of the local Enforcers, her mother having quite a reputation behind her. Because of this, Cindy's expectations are higher then normal. Nevertheless, she does her utmost to exceed them, at the expense of her chances making any friends whatsoever. Despite having excellent reading and writing skills along with figuring out the secret to her numbered name, her above-normal intelligence alienates her, making her gloomy. What doesn't help is the fact that she feels sympathetic towards the presumably repulsed Marked Ones, which is identified as "deviant" behavior for one so young. Despite not knowing what it is about them that make them so hated and never getting a straight answer, any Marked One that gets near her (and vice-versa) is arrested, never to be seen again. Worse of all, what makes Cindy try to converse with the Marked Ones is a "gift" that allows her to see what no one can ever see; The one thing that allows her to separate the good from the bad in her eyes. Unfortunately, due to various complications concerning her power, Cindy has no control over it, activating entirely by its own will. Therefore, she further alienates herself from others in a desperate attempt to relinquish her "curse" that leaves her in a state of tension and depression, knowing full well that it is that power that causes those who she believes is good inside are wrongfully accused of various nefarious deeds. And while she hates what her power forces her to see, little does she know that if people were to know of it...they'd go as far as to give their lives for it.

Added after 1 minutes:

Pic courtesy of Keeper.
Last edited by Shadowed State of Mind on Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Darkness_calls » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:01 pm

Mighty Cool profile!
Aww poor little Cindy, I hope Shad can snap her out of her depression.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:59 pm

He might, or maybe Claire will since she's aware of what Cindy can do.

Keep an eye on that post (or the next). Griddles is drawing (or going to draw) another profile-worthy character. She has no power (or ”gift” as its mostly called in this fic) but she's rather interesting nonetheless.

Re: SSoM's fic thread! Mini-update. Profile of Cindy.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:58 am

Name: Emily Hinata
Child#: 5-13-9-12-25
Status: Under foster parental constriction due to committing "vile acts"
Personality: High-tempered; has a tendency to bully others
Family affiliations: Ema; nurse (deceased). Hideki; political scientist (deceased)
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Black
Likes: Projecting her inner turmoil upon others (aka bullying. Cindy in particular)
Dislikes: Lectures, teachers, fire (pyrophobia), hospitals...
Gift: None

They say that even little girls can be bullies and Emily's no exception. Unlike the quiet, timid Cindy, Emily is the loud, arrogant, and overly pushy student of the class. Her reputation is nothing compared to what older bullies are capable of, but her mood swings can cause her level of bullying to be rather unpredictable. Some days she merely flicks bits of eraser or cuts in line for lunch, and other days pushes other children or trips them during recess. Emily's behavior would be that of the average child bully if it weren't for the fact that Cindy takes the full brunt of her actions due to her interacting with Marked Ones (and being a bookworm in general). Every day the occasional pulled hair, harshly prodded forehead, and flick to the ear serves as a painful remainder to Cindy that some people can be quite malicious. Although at rare times, Emily doesn't bully, but instead keeps to herself much like the violet-eyed tyke does (and even more rarely, cries to herself). Unlike Cindy, Emily verbally drives away anyone who sees her in this distress...even Cindy herself. This puzzles some of the students, wondering if there's a bigger bully. Claire on the other hand, wonders if something far more closer to home is causing Emily's overly antagonistic behavior and the occasional mood swings. Despite the fact that the only clue she has are blistering red marks on Emily's wrists (that she frantically tries to conceal if they've exposed for even a second), Claire intends to have a little "chat" in the near future...
Last edited by Shadowed State of Mind on Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Darkness_calls » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:51 pm

I bet this child has home problems... given the glues you gave here ;D

Another good profile. You gonna do all the characters?

PreviousNext

Return to Literature