SSoM's fic thread. Hidden Angels. Chapter 11 is UP! (70%)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sun May 07, 2006 7:10 pm

Really? Then I suppose that won't count as a request then. Thanks for the Bubbles pic though! Should be a substitute until that present is finished.
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu May 11, 2006 8:14 pm

Yeah yeah, before I get mauled for not updating for the past 2 weeks or so I'm just here to inform you all that due to my aunt's wedding, I won't be here for 3 days. Where? Las Vegas! Again! (yes, again!)

Tomorrow I'll be out. Who knows? Perhaps I'll come back to a surprise of sorts upon returning like last time. (looking at you, Griddles :P)
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! B-Day gifts go here!:P (still ti

Postby Keeper » Thu May 11, 2006 8:19 pm

Heh, tell your aunt I wish her a happy marriage. ^_^

Hopefully he should know it was your birthday. :unsure:
I mean if I can remember your b-day, it's only obvious Gridds would too. XD

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu May 11, 2006 8:23 pm

DUH! I was referring to that big puff picture he made. When I came back from Queens I assumed he'd be done with my request. I go to DA and LO AND BEHOLD! A whole lotta puffs in one image file!

Postby Keeper » Thu May 11, 2006 8:26 pm

GAH! How could I forget that?! lol

Yeah, and his puff pic sure did get alot of favorites. :)
But trust me, what I have in store for you will both make you laugh and slightly amazed. (you'll see what I mean by that. ^_^)

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu May 11, 2006 8:29 pm

Speaking of puff...does your Yuki count? I think (although a rather slim chance) I can slip her in the fic...provided I have enough info.

Postby Keeper » Thu May 11, 2006 8:33 pm

Yumki you mean (her name is also Yuki too. ^_^), but yeah she counts as a puff. She's a powerpuff actually made in a demon world. The same goes for her boyfriend, Yang, the green-haired dragon boy.

That's cool you want to add her into your fic too! w00t
Let me know what you want to know about her and I'll tell you. :)
You can tell me in our recent PM conversation. ^_^

Postby Keeper » Mon May 15, 2006 3:21 pm

Eh, I'm quite some several days late to give this but, a...

[center]Image[/center]

Hope yah like the Cream Puffs' new look? ;)

Postby Darkness_calls » Mon May 15, 2006 6:41 pm

Super Kitty Cream puffs are so adorable.

I must kdinap one lol

Really impressing Keeper :)

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon May 15, 2006 6:58 pm

BACK!! TADA!!

Adorable gift there Keeper! Thank you!

Postby Keeper » Mon May 15, 2006 7:27 pm

Heh heh, you're very weclome, Shad. ^_^

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed May 17, 2006 12:37 pm

Chapter 40:

*Shad's house (Shad's room)*

Blossom: Nuhh....*opens her eyes; feeling a warm light* wha?

*Blossom wakes up at least. She sits upward on a bed as she sees the familiar gray wallpaper around her. At the far corner, Sensei Jack still lays there petrified. Blossom sees Bubbles and Buttercup are still fast asleep beside her. However, a soft cerise light covers them, along with her. Soon, the last 2 sisters awaken as well*

Buttercup: *yawns* Where are we?

Claire's voice: Whew. So you're awake. Guess those injuries weren't TOO bad.

Blossom: *turns to her right and sees Claire, her hand being the source of the glow* Mrs. Staydamind?

Claire: *smiles* How do you feel?

Bubbles: A little better. We kinda didn't do so...*gasps* NO! That's right! We didn't save Shaddy!!

Buttercup: Didn't save him?! Claire, you had no idea how CLOSE we were! We were practically home free until...

Blossom: A lot of stuff happened, but at least the Global Defenders are done for. At least now we...*sees something...rather odd about Claire* Mrs. Staydamind?

*Claire doesn't seem to be paying any attention to the girls' words. In fact, she seems completely unphased!*

Claire: Yes?

Blossom: Are you feeling okay? You don't seem...

Claire: It's okay Blossom. You don't need to explain.

Bubbles: *crying* But...but Shaddy! The Darkstar baddies took him AGAIN! *latches onto Claire*

Claire: *still has an unusually unsurprised face on* Hmm. Now we have a problem. Did you get the other coordinates though?

Buttercup: We kinda busted the machine while we were fighting so...no.

Blossom: *frustrated* And we were SO CLOSE!

Dimitri: *bolts into the room and speaks in a rather sarcastic tone of voice* Been shopping much, Claire?!

Claire: *gasps* Dimitri! Y-Y-Y-You're awake already?!

Dimitri: *scoffs* What did I tell...*holds his head in pain* AHHHHH!!! *bends down*

Claire: Dimitri! *puts Bubbles back on the bed and runs towards him* Your head is...you shouldn't be up right now.

Dimitri: *chuckles ruefully* You're not going to believe what a disaster it was. Oh, and that masked girl? Guess who it was?

Blossom: Yeah. Why DID you freak out when you saw her?

Buttercup: You know her, don't you?

Dimitri: Heh. PAH! *chuckles more* Know her? KNOW HER?! Why don't you...you...*faints*

Bubbles: Mr. Staydamind!

Buttercup: Yikes. Crazy much?

Blossom: I never saw Dimitri laugh like that. Who WAS that girl?!

Claire: I think I have a clear idea who he thought she was.

Bubbles: *sniff* Thought?!

Claire: Whoops! Said too much already. Just stay put! *picks up Dimitri* Bunny and Adric are downstairs getting some snacks and Dexter went home to recover some more. *opens the door*

Blossom: What about the Xiaolin Monks?

Claire: They went back to the temple. Now please, no more questions! *leaves the room*

Buttercup: What's gotten into her?

Bubbles: It's because we failed to save Shaddy...again! *sobs*

Blossom: I don't think so. We didn't tell her everything yet but from what I was saying she didn't seem shocked at all. And what Dimitri said. "Been shopping much?" Did she leave the house again?

Buttercup: There's no answer is there?

Blossom: Worse. There are more questions without answers. Not to mention...Bell.

Buttercup: Can't believe she actually tricked us like that!

Bubbles: SHE DID NOT!! She was telling the truth! That mutant man just wanted us to think that and it worked! Now Shaddy, the Creampuffs, Breannin and Bell got taken away!

Buttercup: So leader girl? Where do we go from here?

Blossom: *sigh* I don't know. There are just too many things to rethink now. What happened, what's now, and what to do next.

Bubbles: *looks out the window* Um...what do we do about that?

*the Powerpuffs look out the window and notice that the outside appears dark; A little TOO dark for afternoon although not as dark as night. The girls look up and they see why...kinda. From somewhere, a purple-black fog seeps into the dull gray clouds, darkening them as they block out the sunlight even further*

Bubbles: Where's that fog coming from?!

Buttercup: Great, more bad news!

*meanwhile, at Black Eden (Dr. X's room)*

Dr. X: *sitting on his bed in deep thought* Heh. Never thought I'd encounter my old friend like that again. Suppose it's a small world after all. The Global Defenders are no more, although I'm concerned as to where the Rowdyruffs fled. It matters not. What matters is what Bell did back there...and why. If she hated me as much as she led me to believe, why would she save me? Perhaps it's due to me being her father. Perhaps. When I saw her harmed that way...what did I feel? For an instant, it's as if I felt compelled to deliver divine justice to the one who would dare harm my daughter. Ugh! *buries his face in his hands* What's happening to me?! That emotion I felt. Was it...love? *shakes his head* Nevertheless, I have Shad back! I can only hope he awakens soon.

*Bell's room*

*the mood is rather gloomy. Of course, that's to be expected after you've lost your friends and forced to go back to where you don't want to go again. Breannin just sits on her mattress, at a loss on what to do. The Creampuffs, who'd normally jump on theirs, are dreary-eyed and rigid, perched on their mattresses, still rather wounded. Bell stands next to her bed, staring at Shad who has yet to awaken*

Bean: Mommy? What happened?

Bell: ...................

Bop: What's gonna happen to us?

Bell: .......................

Berry: What about daddy? Is...is he...*mouth quivering* He's not moving. What if he's...

Bell: *snaps at Berry* HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL?! I'M THE REASON WHY EVERYTHING TURNED OUT THE WAY IT DID!!!!!!

Breannin: *wide-eyed* B...Bell. There's no need for hostility.

Berry: *sobs uncontrollably; glomps Bell* I don't want him to die! It's not fair! Why did that meanie firehead lie?!

Bop: And I thought we were good Creampuffs. If only we weren't so busy with the Powerpuffs...

Bell: I told you it's NOT YOUR...

Shad's voice: What's all that noise?

*the bickering stops. The girls turn to Shad, now wide-awake already despite being knocked out for several hours on end. He gets up and is set in a sitting position*

All 3 Creampuffs: DADDY SHADDY!!!

Bell: Wait. Don't hug him too hard! He just got up!

Breannin: Shad, how do you feel?

Shad: Bree? Weird. You sound different. *feels something missing. He checks his wrists only to see that he no longer possesses the Moby Morpher* Huh?!

Bop: Those Monk people took it back.

Bean: You missed a lot of stuff Shaddy! Bree has feelings now!

Shad: She does?

Berry: Daddy's alive!

*Berry jumps toward Shad, glomping him so hard he fell off the bed, hitting the floor rather hard*

Bell: Shad!

Breannin: Berry let go of him! He just got up!

Bean: Uh-oh. Shad has a boo-boo on his head.

*Berry lets go off Shad, who, for some reason, has a rather surprised look on his face*

Bell: Shad?

Shad: *snaps out of it* Huh?! Oh! Heheh. Sorry. I think I got a little dizzy.

Berry: *sees a bump on the back of Shad's head* Huh? What's this? *pokes the bump*

Bell: Berry don't do that! *pulls Berry's hand away* Sorry about that Shad.

Shad: But it didn't hurt!

Bell: Wait...what?!

Shad: Uh, I mean, it didn't hurt that much.

Breannin: I'll see if there's anything we can do about that bump...

Bell: No! *eyes narrowed with suspicion* Bean, come over here.

*Bean walks over to Bell, who whispers something in her ear. The bergandy-eyed girl walks out of the room and comes back with a cup filled to the brim with a light brown liquid*

Bean: Here you go Shaddy.

Shad: But I didn’t ask for…

Zim's voice: BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! Marvelous! Marvelous I say!

Bop: What's that alien up to?

*the Creampuffs, Breannin, Bell and Shad exit the room and make it to the lab, but no one is present*

Berry: I thought I heard him here.

Bop: Wait, I know! Everyone grab on to me!

*the kids do so, and with a flash of amber, they now stand on the roof of the dome. At the center they see a large machine of sorts, probably designed to fire something. Near it is Zim, smiling his evil toothy smile at the machine as Gir dances around it*

Bop: My head hurts.

Bell: You were flashwarping too much during that battle.

Shad: Zim, what's that?

Zim: *turns around* Ah! The earth monkey is awake! Feast your eyes, for they shall be stuffed indeed! What you are gazing upon is the key to our success! This atmospheric cannon is what will trigger...the Doomsday Blackout!

Bell: What? But I thought...

Zim: You thought wrong! Dr. X finally obtained the proper power source efficient enough to utilize its capabilities. The dark, gloomy doomy Shadow Amethyst! *points to a slot where the jewel is placed, crackling with black electricity* I have made the test run, which has been a success, for I AM ZIM!!

Gir: I AM GIR! Hug me!

Dr. X's voice: You failed to mention one main aspect of the machine.

*the kids turn around and see Dr. X, who came seemingly out of nowhere*

Shad: Huh? How'd you get up here?

Dr. X: Elevator. Glad to see you're awake.

Bop: Pfft! No thanks to you!

Zim: But Dr. X! I made the test run just as you asked and Megasville is now DOOMED to be DIM! For I AM ZIM!

Dr. X: That's the problem! It's only dim, but not DARK! The Blackout Cannon can only be at its most maximum potential if its power radiates near a weak dimensional fissure. The Cluster troops are currently searching for that weak spot as I speak. Once it uses its power near a thin dimensional wall, it can easily manifest its entire power to Earth.

Zim: But where can the dimensional weak point be?

Shad: Mr. X? What happened while I was asleep?

Dr. X: Simple. You were in danger, so we saved you.

Bell: Shad, do you know someone named Cranston?

Dr. X: What?!

Shad: *gasps* Yeah! I remember him! He's the man I told you about last time! My Godfather!

Bell: Do you want to know where he is?

Dr. X: B-B-Bell! Stop this at once!

Bean: What's happening?

Breannin: That mystery girl called him Cranston shortly before we arrived here. I'm not sure if I understand.

Shad: Wait. I get it now!

Dr. X: No you don't!

Shad: YES I DO! You tricked me!!

Dr. X: Shad it's not what you think...

Shad: You said that you were going to use Bree to help me when I leave Black Eden but instead you had her hurt Bell instead! I got confused and I didn't know what to believe and...and I fainted.

Bop: And a lot of stuff happened too! You were captured!

Shad: What? By who?!

Dr. X: It doesn't matter who! All that matters is that I saved you!

Shad: But...but why?

Bell: Yeah, why change your mind daddy?! What about SUSAN!?

Dr. X: Mandark was expendable. *walks to Shad* Shad, on the other hand, is far more efficient at...

Shad: Stay back! *backs away* I SAID STAY BACK! *dark aura appears* I'm not letting you making me hurt the Powerpuffs...*starts to slide off the roof* Whoa...WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

*with the roof of the dome lacking any safety gates, Shad slides off the slope, causing him to crash onto the floor. The girls rush to his aid*

All 3 Creampuffs: SHADDY!!!

*Shad doesn't answer. Instead he has another blank expression on his face. The same one as before*

Bell: Shad? Shad are you okay?!

Shad: *gets up with ease; whispers to himself* I don't believe it. I'm...I'm...*dark aura vanishes*

Breannin: What was that?

Shad: Uh...I said I'm fine!

Bop: How'd you get up so fast?

Bean: You must be really strong Shaddy. You fell off and you got up just fine.

Breannin: But...but how? No bones are broken?

Dr. X: *jumps down from the roof* Are you okay Shad?!

Bell: *grabs hold of Shad* What do you care?! Creampuffs. Breannin. Stay out here! I...I need to talk with Shad for a moment. *takes Shad back inside the dome*

Berry: What's wrong with mommy? She sounded a little nervous.

Dr. X: *all 6 eyes are narrowed* So it begins at last. Perhaps I'll need Aku's assistance after all.

*Bell's room*

Shad: My...Godfather?

Bell: It's really hard to believe but from what I looked into, his name is Cranston Utonium. He's related to the same person who made the Powerpuffs.

Shad: He...my Godfather. The same man who used to visit me and take care of me is...

Bell: Was he always like this?

Shad: He was nice. I don't remember that many stuff about him but he was mommy and daddy's friend, and my friend too. I...I don't think I can believe that. At least not now.

Bell: *sigh* I thought so. I don't really get it either. That girl was the one who figured it out anyway. Shad, are you sure you're okay? You fell down really hard.

Shad: I'm...I'm FINE! It didn't hurt!

Bell: *eyes widen* What?!

Shad: I mean, it didn't hurt a lot.

Bell: *picks up the mug full of hot chocolate from off the bed* Here, I thought you could use a drink.

Shad: But I don't like chocolate.

Bell: Really? C'mon, just try it. *gives the mug to Shad* It's hot isn't it?

Shad: Yeah. Hot.

Bell: Really hot?

Shad: Really hot.

Bell: *starts to get dreary-eyed* I lied. It's actually iced chocolate.

Shad: Huh?

Bell: I...*starts to shake a little* I had Bean make it cold.

Shad: Huh? Oh! Of course it's cold!

Bell: I...*shakes even more* I lied again.

Shad: What?

Bell: *whispers* It's actually hot.

Shad: Oh yeah. Hehe. Why would you lie? Of course it's...*pauses* Uh-oh.

*Bell smacks the mug from Shad's hands, causing the scalding hot liquid to drench said hands, yet Shad doesn't yell out in pain. Bell's eyes immediately release a small stream of tears*

Bell: I was right all along! *screaming* YOU CAN'T FEEL ANYTHING CAN YOU?!?!?!

Shad: Th...*backs away* that's not true! You're lying!

Bell: You're the one who's lying!! That explains that look on your face when you fell off the bed. You already couldn't feel anything, could you?!

Shad: Uh...it's that...well...

Bell: How about when Bop poked that bump? She pushed it really hard and you STILL didn't flinch!

Shad: *sigh* Fine. I guess the secret's out...kinda.

Bell: What's happening to you?

Shad: I don't know. It's just that...well, things started to feel weird when I first used that power the first time. When that happened, I felt a little less sleepy.

Bell: But you...

Shad: I only pretended to sleep because I didn't want anyone to worry. Even when I close my eyes, nothing. The only times I can sleep is if I use my powers too much, like when we were fighting Bree. I woke up really late at night to use the bathroom and that's how I knew that Berry had that nightmare.

Bell: So unless you burn out your powers you can't sleep?! That's...that's...*light sobs*

Shad: Yeah, and for some reason every time I use my powers, even when it was just a little bit...I couldn't feel anything.

Bell: Like now?

Shad: Yeah, but in another way. It's really weird, but I don't feel hurt. Before I felt more hurt the more I used my powers, but when I used it too much earlier, I felt...I don't know what I felt but it's something I'm feeling now, and it's in the same place where the hurt was. I think it's what my mommy called...empty.

Bell: WHAT?!?!

Shad: I like it that most of my hurt is gone and that only a tiny bit of it is left, but nothing is in its place. Instead I feel that a part of me is missing. Even when I woke up, I wasn't really that suprised when Berry hugged me.

Bell: Why? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?! I THOUGHT I WAS YOUR FRIEND!!!!!

Shad: I AM! That's why I'm here! To try to get Mr. X to understand that you should be happier! And the Creampuffs and Bree.

Bell: But what about you?! Even if you convince daddy to admit that what he's doing is wrong, what good will it do you?! How do you think we'll feel knowing that you can't sleep anymore or FEEL ANYTHING ANYMORE?!?! This is what I was afr...afr...*sobs as she hugs Shad*

Shad: Don't tell the Creampuffs.

Bell: Why?!

Shad: I don't want them to worry. I don't want them to be sad like you are.

Bell: But if they find out on their own...

Shad: I'm sorry Bell. Really. I know that you're crying for me. So much, that I want to cry too. But..................................I don't think I can anymore. *gasps; eyes widen*

Bell: Shad?!

*something happens to Shad that hasn't happened in quite a long time. He pushes Bell away as his eyes turn from silver to not only red...but his left eye turns BROWN as well!*

Shad/???: *different voice; almost garbled* NO! It...*staggers to the door* It's already begun!

Bell: *mouth agape* It's you isn't it?!

Shad/???: *turns around* B...Bell? *pants heavily*

Bell: What's wrong with you?!

Shad/???: Heheh. Blame it on that woman. No, I suppose I'm partly responsible as well. That damn Grimlock Curse!

*Shad/??? limps his way out the room and to the lab. He makes it to the teleportation pad and weakly raises his hand, beckoning Bell to come forward*

Bell: You're escaping?!

Shad/???: Not quite. The message must be relayed! *steps onto the pad* First...tu...turn it on!

*Bell presses the main button on the console, allowing the large monitor to light up*

Shad/???: Set it...set it to...

Dr. X's voice: WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!?!

*Bell jumps up in surprise. At the far end of the lab, she sees the Creampuffs, Bree and Dr. X, his headflames blazing wildly surefire proof that he's pretty much pissed*

Bell: Daddy!

Bean: Mommy, where are you taking Shaddy?!

Dr. X: This is treason Bean! HOW DARE YOU DO THIS?! *storms toward Bell*

Bell: Daddy wait, it's not what you...

Shad/???: *to Dr. X* FOOL! Do you have any idea what powers you've been tampering with?!

Dr. X: *notices the different, distorted tone in "Shad's" voice; still stomping forward* What? Who are...

Berry: *flashwarps to Bell; speaks to her father* Daddy? What's wrong with your eyes?

Shad/???: B...Berry?

Berry: You sound like that voice from my *gasps* that nightmare! Or was it visionburst?

Bell: Yeah, you saw Shad dead didn't you? *to Shad/???* What happened back then anyway?

Shad/???: SHUT UP!!!!! *screeching* Set this thing to the Staydamind household NOW!!

Dr. X: No one is going anywhere!

Shad/???: Bell! Subdue him by force! NOW!

Bell: Daddy...stay back. *hands balled into fists*

Dr. X: You wouldn't dare.

Bell: Shad's suffering right now and you know exactly why. Why don't you just tell me?!

Breannin: I'm sure the revelation can't be as bad as Dimitri put it.

Dr. X: Oh, but it is.

Bell: *set to a fighting stance* Try me!

*meanwhile, at Master Monk Guan's temple (head temple)*

Master Monk Guan: I see. So the Sapphire Dragon, or Breannin, is no longer leathel?

Dojo: We kinda had to toss away one of our Wu, but hey, no more sapphire zombies.

Master Monk Guan: But from everything you've told me, not everything was a success.

Kimiko: We decided to help a guy named Dimitri save his son.

Master Monk Guan: The same one who took the Wu?

Omi: Yes, but as Xiaolin Monks, we were honor-bound to help those in need.

Raimundo: It's just that things were going great until that girl's mask flew off and Dimitri flipping out all of a sudden.

Clay: Still, she looked mighty pretty.

Master Monk Guan: That is strange. Would you describe this girl to me?

Kimiko: She had a tendril above her forehead, brown eyes, a black karate suit with a white sash and a short ponytail.

Master Monk Guan: Wait...what?!

Omi: Is something troubling you?

Master Monk Guan: Kimiko, are you absolutely sure that's her appearance?!

Kimiko: Yeah, can't forget a girl like that.

Master Monk Guan: Dojo! Fetch the registration folder from the archive, circa 1980s.

Dojo: Sheesh, what am I, a carrier pigeon? Alright then.

*Dojo slithers to another room and comes back with an unusually heavy folder*

Dojo: *drops it; pants* You...whew. You should've been at least more specific!

*Master Monk Guan opens up the folder and flips through the papers, searching for the one that came to his mind when Kimiko mentioned the Mystery Girl*

Raimundo: What're you looking for?

Master Monk Guan: In the past, we were open to the public for registration. Those who showed promise in their reports received acception into the dojo, where their already high skill can be pushed even further. I remember almost all of them. However, this is what intrigued me the most. *finds a profile and slaps it on the table for the Monks to see*

Name: Jeri Asher
Eyes: Black
Reason to fight: Defense for the weak; rebellion against bullies
Residence: USA
Nationality: Half-Amazon
etc, etc, more stuff.

Clay: That's a fine profile there but what does this have to do with...

Master Monk Guan: That profile was sent to me in the mid 1980s. Enclosed was a photo of both the girl and her twin sister, also from the same year. *takes out the photo from the folder and shows it to the Monks* Look familiar, Kimiko?

Kimiko: *mouth agape* But...HOW CAN THAT BE?!

Raimundo: Those girls look just like the other girl that was with us!

Master Monk Guan: Jeri was supposed to arrive here in the evening the day she got on board the plane all those years ago. She never got off.

Omi: What do you mean?

Master Monk Guan: I can't quite recall the details, but an accident occured with the plane. All the passangers were killed...including Jeri Asher.

Kimiko: But we saw one of these girls with us! I'm sure of it!

Clay: Maybe it was the other twin?

Master Monk Guan: No. The other twin didn't seem to be interested. From what I knew, the sisters didn't get along with each other very well.

Omi: But if this Jeri girl really was killed, how is she alive?

Kimiko: And more. How is it that she stayed the same after 2 decades?!

End of Chapter 40!

Sorry if I can't make the pic bigger. Consider that the biggest clue yet! If you want a bigger view, go to Griddles' gallery at Deviantart. The whole scene between Shad and Bell in Bell's room (minus the "other half" coming back) courtesy of Tales of Symphonia...again.
Last edited by Shadowed State of Mind on Thu May 18, 2006 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Darkness_calls » Thu May 18, 2006 10:42 am

Scary and REALLY GOOD.
It was worth waiting for ^_^
JUst lovly. Good work Shad. Can't wait until the chapter is finished.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu May 18, 2006 2:40 pm

Scary? How so?

Postby Darkness_calls » Thu May 18, 2006 4:38 pm

I'm always scared when exited lol

But it was mainly this sentence:
"Perhaps I'll need Aku's assistance after all."

That is never a good sign ;)

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu May 18, 2006 10:30 pm

Chapter 40 completed!

Postby Darkness_calls » Fri May 19, 2006 7:11 am

OOhh... That was good.
When Dr.Brisbane thought that Claire was Barasia, I got my suspections up and thought about family connections and then I saw the picture in Griddles deviantart. Then I realiesed that my suspections were true :)

Nice idea, really good.
I love this chapter, really I do ^_^
Can't wait for more.
You are really mean, you know that ;)
Why?
You are pushing more and more plots at us, keeping us on our seat edge. Every fan of yours is probably dieing to see the answers :)

I guess it's like one of those films where everything is explained in the end :P

Please note that everything I said here is a bad thing, all are made as a fanish "good" comments ^_^

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! Chapter 40 is UP! (100%)

Postby Keeper » Fri May 19, 2006 7:47 pm

Heh heh, seems my guy may yet have a role in this story. The Grimlock Curse, aye? ;)

Hmmm, something tells me you should know more of the Grimlock Curse, and why it TRUELY exists. :snoogins:

Other than that, great update, Shad! w00t

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! Chapter 40 is UP! (100%)

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Fri May 19, 2006 11:11 pm

Wait a...hold on there! First of all, Brisbane didn't know who the Mystery Girl was. Only when the mask flew off did he assume in blind rage that she might've been Barasia, which is obviously incorrect.

As for Barasia's short appearance, it's clear that she's "alive" but "not living" yet I'll refrain from saying anything else on that.

As for the picture, I intended to draw more questions from the readers. Only one of them is the Mystery Girl and Griddles (might've) unintentionally leaked her identity upon putting up that drawing at DA.

Then there's the brouhaha about Shad losing most of what makes him who he is but doesn't seem to care, all in connection to what the "other half" referred to as the Grimlock Curse. The term "Grimlock" was coined by Keeper, so props to him. Now you're all probably wondering where this curse came from. Of course, you probably think that curse goes back to the Berserker Revolt which is constantly being mentioned but...heheh, let's just say I'll keep you all in suspense a little while longer. Now enough chatter, it's update time!

Chapter 41:

*Shad's house (living room)*

*the Powerpuffs (Bunny included) and the professor are watching the news, regarding the mysterious dark clouds above not only the suburbs, but all of Megasville. On the TV, a young newswoman with blond hair dressed in bergandy is...well, doing whatever newspeople always do! :P)

Newswoman: Hello, I'm May K. Dyffrence. Main story: The mystery of the dark clouds. Prior to 30 minutes ago, we've been experiencing unusual cloudy weather. Now it appears to get even stranger as they change from gray to a darker shade of the same color, blocking off all sunlight.

Bunny: Do you get weather like that?

Professor Utonium: Not in Megasville. Or anywhere for that matter.

May: Even stranger is that meteorologists have discovered that while all of Megasville is trapped in perpetual dusk, surrounding plains and even other towns have reported regular weather patterns and bear no signs of the irregular clouds.

Blossom: How can that be?

Buttercup: I thought all clouds were the same. Why are we getting these while everywhere else has daylight?

May: Other local meteorologists are investigating the cause but so far have no leads on the origin of the dark clouds.

Bubbles: It's getting darker outside. It doesn't feel like normal nighttime dark for some reason.

Blossom: But the clouds over hear are affected, yet the others outside Megasville aren't. No way this is normal weather activity.

*ding-dong. The doorbell rings. The professor opens it and in comes Dexter*

Blossom: Dexter! *flies to Dexter*

Dexter: Blossom. Glad to see you're awake and recovering rather well.

Buttercup: Pffft. It was nothing. All it took was Claire to heal us is all.

Bubbles: Do you know what's causing those dark clouds?

Dexter: My atmospheric analyzer scanned a sample of those clouds...

Bunny: Sample? How'd you get a sample?! Some invention?

Dexter: A jetpack and a bottle was all I needed.

Bunny: Bottle? That's it?! Seeing as you're the boy genius I figured you'd use something more...

Blossom: He probably didn't have the equipment to make it easier!

Dexter: Blossom. Bunny. Please, it was very simple. I didn't need anything else.

Buttercup: Yeah yeah, your girlfriend defended you. So what's causing those clouds to turn black?!

Dexter: An almost-invisible substance from what I first saw. *takes out a bottle, filled with a transparent smog the same color as the clouds, from his lab coat pocket* I almost missed it when it was headed toward a normal cloud.

Blossom: Did you see where it came from?

Dexter: Unfortunately, no. But I was able to analyze the sample. Whatever this substance is...it's not of this world.

Professor Utonium: You mean it's coming from outer space?

Dexter: No. The substance didn't seem to be billowing from above the clouds, so it's coming from this planet, yet the results of the scanning came up inconclusive. This substance doesn't exist, but it only affects clouds.

Bubbles: And it's making all of Megasville dark. Who could be doing this?

Dexter: I honestly have no clue. With all the confusion from before with the Berserker Revolt, the identity of that masked girl, this Barasia person who gave Brisbane those Cruxis Crystals and Dr. X's true identity...

Blossom: His true identity?

Dexter: I had a rather hard time focusing.

Buttercup: Not to mention wondering if Bell really tricked us or not.

Bubbles: She didn't trick us! No can fake crying like that!

Buttercup: Try telling that to Bop.

*Dimitri and Claire's room*

*Dimitri is on the bed, still unconscious with an icepack on his head. Claire looks out the window, her face pretty much saying that Dimitri saw something he shouldn't have*

Claire: Strange clouds. First Dimitri loses his marbles and now this happens. Shad...I'm so sorry. If I only knew how to get to you. *hears the door creaking open*

Bubbles' voice: Mrs. Staydamind?

Claire: *still has her face to the window* Come in Bubbles.

Bubbles: *steps in the room* How's Mr. Staydamind?

Claire: Just a little frazzled over losing Shaddy.

Bubbles: You call him Shaddy too?

Claire: Hehe. Funny, I thought I coined that pet name.

Bubbles: Shaddy never told me that you called him...

Claire: Well I only called him that when he was a baby. Then I only used that name when he's not around. Mainly because Dimitri felt it to be too embarrassing.

Bubbles: Um...Mrs. Staydamind?

Claire: *laughs* Please, just call me Claire! The last name is a mouthful, I know. My maiden name is much shorter.

Bubbles: Claire, this might be a really weird time to ask this but...is there someone else who looks like Shaddy?

Claire: *eyes widen; taken aback for some reason* Wh...what?!

Bubbles: When my sisters and me (not Bunny of course) had those visionbursts, we always saw someone who looked like Shaddy, but different.

Claire: How different?

Bubbles: Well his eyes are red and scary. And he has this dark light thing around him that gives me goosebumps for some reason.

Claire: Dark auras do that.

Bubbles: Huh? How'd you know...

Claire: *coughs loudly* Anyway, you may be thinking that you saw a double. *laughs nervously*

Bubbles: Are you feeling okay? You sound a bit funny.

Claire: Well...*sigh* I guess I should at least let you know first.

Bubbles: What?

Claire: Bubbles...did that Shad look-a-like act different towards you? You know, telling you that you helped Shad get out of his lonely shell, allowing him to find out how nice he really is around people if he just talks more?

Bubbles: Yeah! That's EXACTLY what he said! How'd you know?

Claire: GAH! Stupid stupid Claire! Have to keep my mouth shut! Just...a guess.

Bubbles: Maybe Shaddy was so shy because he didn't have a brother or sister. Did you have a brother or sister?

Claire: Let's just say that...*shakes a little; speaks in an almost grim tone of voice* Bubbles, why did you come in here anyway?

Bubbles: I felt like talking. Dexter's downstairs speaking all mumbo-jumbo. I'm sorry if I'm bothering you.

Claire: AH! No, I enjoy your company! In fact, I'll ask a question this time. Do your sisters get on your last nerve?

Bubbles: Sometimes. Buttercup keeps calling me a crybaby and Blossom keeps saying that my head is in the clouds during class, but clouds are so pretty and fluffy! Buttercup's a lot braver then me and Blossom always keeps cool under lots of pressure. I can't do any of those things very well. I wish I had some of what they had so I can keep up with them. But the professor said I should appreciate my own traits. What are traits?

Claire: I see. Bubbles...don't ever abandon your siblings.

Bubbles: Huh? Why would I do that?

Claire: No matter how much they get on your nerve, even if you get so jealous and angry that you...*shakes her head* NO!

Bubbles: Claire?

Claire: It's...nothing. Just nothing! Just be glad that you even have siblings!

Bubbles: You've been acting funny when we started talking about sisters. Why?

Claire: Bubbles, do you have a role model?

Bubbles: Does Dora the Expl...

Claire: Older people.

Bubbles: Well there's the professor, Ms. Keane and you.

Claire: Me?!

Bubbles: Yeah, you're a nurse. You use your powers to save people's lives in the hospital. You're a role model and a superhero!

Claire: A...what did you call me?

Bubbles: You must've been a really great girl when you were my age. *giggles*

Claire: *snaps at Bubbles* Don't use that as an example!

Bubbles: But...

Claire: Look, I may be good now but back when I was a child I...*shakes even more; dreary-eyed* I was not the girl you thought I was. Not back then.

Bubbles: What do you mean?

Claire: What I mean is that I let my...both my ego and my jealousy get to me. Jealousy towards HER!

Bubbles: For what?

Claire: It's far too stupid to even discuss. Just thinking about how just a simple change of heart could've prevented that stubborn sister of mine from...

Voice: *inside Claire's head* Claire! Time to get a move on!

Claire: *gasp* Can it be....

Bubbles: Can it be what?

*no answer. Claire dashes out of the room and heads to the bathroom. She sets the toilet seat down and sits on it, then closes her eyes as if in a trance*

Claire: It's begun, hasn't it?

Shad/???'s voice: No thanks to you! It took a teleportation console just to strengthen the telepathy.

Claire: I feel the effects as well, or lack thereof in this case. Care to explain why you revealed yourself in front of Bell?

Shad/???'s voice: What do you think?! If this'll make you feel any better, I've found a way for you to get to Black Eden WITHOUT those coordinates!

Claire: Really?!

Shad/???'s voice: I've kept this knowledge locked up all this time and I didn't even know what to do with it until now. That place where Bell goes when she's down. She took the Creampuffs there. That part of Black Eden has the weakest dimensional fissure. Go to the forest behind Megasville Elementary.

Claire: Why there?

Shad/???'s voice: Are the clouds black? The substance that's causing this is coming from that forest.

Claire: Wait. Brisbane did mention that there were irregularities near that area. Maybe...OH MY GOD!!! Right under our noses this whole time?!?!

Shad/???'s voice: Got that right. Now step on...uh-oh.

Claire: What?

Shad/???'s voice: If I could, I'd sightshare with you but I gotta go! Bell can't hold him off much longer! *telepathic connection severed*

Claire: *opens her eyes* Oh dear.

*20 minutes later*

*pretty much everyone that was in Shad's house are now in the professor's car, which is riding on its way to Megasville Elementary*

Bunny: Okay, so let me get this straight. You know how to get to Black Eden?!

Dimitri: What's gotten into you?

Claire: Please, in due time I'll explain everything. For now we have to get to the forest behind the school.

Bubbles: There's still hope to save Shaddy then!

Buttercup: Step on it professor!

*Buttercup stomps on the gas pedal, which obviously causes some traffic problems. But hey, they got to the school just fine. Buttercup however...*

Buttercup: What do you mean I'm grounded for 2 weeks?!

Professor Utonium: *stern tone of voice* After this is all over of course. *glances at the car, which is dented almost all over and mud stains everywhere*

Dexter: Professor, if you're done chastising Buttercup, shall we make our way to the forest?

*although some (Bubbles in particular) were hesitant due to the unnaturally dim climate, they entered the forest anyway. But it's not any brighter in there. Thankfully, Claire happens to be bioluminescent*

Buttercup: What's that supposed to...*slapped*

Blossom: This isn't the time or place!

Dexter: Claire can also use her healing capabilities to make her own light.

Claire: *finger generating a cerise light, acting like a flashlight* Ala ET.

Dimitri: Did ET ever make giant red spheres light up?

Claire: Of course no...*stops in her tracks along with everyone else at the sight* Sweet mother of Xena.

*the group has just stepped into a totally different area. So different it can be considered to be another forest within a forest. The trees surrounding them are no longer brown, but black. The leaves are gray and the large trunks carry large red spheres that make an eerie glow, but still a better source of light then nothing. Further down the trail is a small meadow that the group eventually get to*

Dimitri: What kind of forest...

Bubbles: It's scary...but I don't feel scared for some reason.

*light sobs are heard*

Blossom: What's that?

Bubbles: It sounds like someone's crying.

Professor Utonium: But I don't see anyone else in this meadow.

Claire: Unless...this is it!

Bean's voice: AIEEEEE! Ghost!!

Bunny: Bean?!

Berry's voice: Hey, that sounded like Bunny. Where are you?!

Dexter: Of course! Claire how did you know?! This is the weakest dimensional fissure separating Earth from Black Eden. This is the gateway!

All 4 Powerpuffs: WHAT?!

Dexter: The dimensional walls are so thin that we can hear from the other side and vice-versa.

Dimitri: So Shad was this close all this time?!

Bubbles: How do we get through?!

Dexter: First things first. Everyone huddle up.

*everyone huddles up in a cluster*

Dimitri: Now what?

Dexter: *sigh* This might sound ridiculous, suicidel even. Blossom...shoot your power blast to the ground point blank.

Blossom: WHAT?!

Buttercup: Are you out of your DAMN MIND?!

Professor Utonium: Buttercup, language!

Dexter: A fissure this weak can only be destroyed by a powerful kinetic blast.

Blossom: But...right here? What if you all get hurt?

Bubbles: Blossom, please! Do it for Shaddy!

Claire: I never really asked for anything but if we have any hope of stopping the Darkstar Council we have to get to Black Eden!

Dimitri: Yeah...I guess.

Professor Utonium: Dimitri, still sleepy?

Dimitri: Should I tell you, Adric? Should I tell you what really became of your cousin?

Dexter: Blossom. I trust you.

Blossom: *blushes* O-O-O-Okay. Here goes.

*Blossom forms the usual pink sphere in her hands, and enlarges it. Everyone closes their eyes and crosses their fingers for dear life as Blossom deliberately lets the energy sphere explode, causing her and everyone near her to be engulfed by not the pinkish explosion that came up, but instead a dark purple fog that seeps out of a glowing crack in midair, the result of the dimensional wall being fractured. When the group opens their eyes, they see black smoke. When it vanishes, they see that they're in a location quite identical to the one they were in just moments ago. But they know they have reached their destination. For right in front of them...were the tear-stained faces of 3 certain blonde little girls*

End of Chapter 41!

Yes, more suspense, suspicions, and hints abound. I'd say more, but I must sleep. NOW!

Postby GridsNaranek » Sat May 20, 2006 12:10 am

Ooh, update this one quick! Gotta know what happens!
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Darkness_calls » Sat May 20, 2006 7:48 pm

The exitement is killing me !
This is so good ^_^
I will have a hard time waiting for the next chapter.

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! Chapter 41 is UP! (100%)

Postby _BLADE_ » Mon May 22, 2006 11:18 am

well i`m tired,but i got to chapter 41 in 2 days(without sleep)
i like it ^_^ .
and i hope that there are coming more soon :brickwall:
and it might be a little late but still happy B-day
and now i`m going to sleep :zzz:
ImageImage

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! Chapter 41 is UP! (100%)

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon May 22, 2006 9:13 pm

Good news: We're nearing the conclusion of Dual Minds Think Alike. Heck, I have a couple of pages for the next chapter right now.

Bad news: I'm a rather bad person for keeping you all at the edge of your seat, and since 2 pages is too little to put up at the moment, you'll have to wait tomorrow! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Any speculations on the bolded parts of the previous chapter are to be PMed to me (hey, if you post them here and you happen to be right, it'll all be ruined!).

Postby Darkness_calls » Mon May 22, 2006 9:17 pm

You call that good news !
You gonna make a continue of your story or make a new one ?

Don't dare to say that you are gonna stop writing !
That would be sad :(

BUt anyways... can't wait until tomorrow ^_^

Postby _BLADE_ » Tue May 23, 2006 10:25 am

*get up from his bed, and he fall down in his bed again and say "wake me up tomorrow"
just saying i`m dutch and i dont know my english so good as my friend(he is from the UK,and i`m from the NL)
ImageImage

PreviousNext

Return to Literature