SSoM's fic thread. Hidden Angels. Chapter 11 is UP! (70%)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! w00t Chapter 35 (ALL of it) is U

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:59 pm

GAH! It's almost pushed to page 2! Must...bump...thread!

Chapter 36:

*Shad's house (living room)*

Professor Utonium: *comes in via the front door* Girls, good news. The house will be back in shape by next week so...*feels something's amiss. The living room, as well as the entire house, is completely empty. He sees a note on the table though and reads it*

[center]Hello Adric. If you're reading this, then we've most likely have left for the Global Defenders. That's right, it's time we finally saved Shad. I apologize for not notifying you sooner, but time is of the essence. We've made a truce with the Creampuff Girls and a few new allies to aid us in our mission, Bell included. The time has finally come to cease Brisbane's ambitions once and for all. Claire has stayed behind just in case anything comes up. Seeing as I've strictly told her not to leave the house she should explain a few other matters that have occurred. Also, there may not be any guarantee that we may come out alive. My deepest apologies for dragging your daughters into this, but they insisted on coming with me, for although Shad may not know it, they're still his friends. Funny, I feel like an uncle to them, heheh. Sorry if this seems like a will of sorts, but we WILL save Shad, and we WILL do our best to come out alive. Dimitri Staydamind.[/center]

Professor Utonium: Odd. Some of this sounds as if Dimitri's trying to sabotage the Global Defenders. *raises voice* Claire! *no answer* Claire! *still no answer. Searches the current floor, basement and upstairs. Strangely enough, Claire is nowhere to be found* Hmm, nothing to worry about. Perhaps she went outside? *sigh* Hope you girls don't overdo it. Especially you Buttercup.

*Global Defenders (computer laboratory)*

*scene fades in to the computer-operated section of the lab, with many on each side. Shad is still trapped in the center yet the only thing keeping the Creampuffs and Bubbles from getting close to him is a barrier made up of crackling purple electricity. It stretches wide from left to right so there's pretty much no way around it. Not to mention the exit's locked, barring the girls from getting out*

Bean: Um, how do we get Shaddy out?

Bop: *zaps eye-beams at the barrier, but to no avail* I'm out of ideas.

Berry: No we're not! We have to save daddy! We have to!

Bubbles: *goes to one of the PC consoles* Maybe these have something to do with it?

Berry: Computers?

Bean: Uh, I don't know how to use them very good.

Bop: Who cares?! We can just get grandpa!

Bean: We have a grandpa?

Bop: Dimitri! Shaddy's daddy duh!

Bubbles: But we're trapped. These computers might have something that can turn off that barrier, I hope.

*Bubbles perches herself to one of the chairs and clicks away despite not knowing where she's clicking*

Bop: What's that say? *points to a file*

Bubbles: It says "Search Engine."

Bop: That? *points to another*

Bubbles: "Volt Barrier Schematics" Bop.

Bop: And what abou...

Bean: Leave her alone Bop!

Bop: Why?! I'm just asking what they say since I can't re...*gasps, then clasps her mouth shut mid-sentence*

Bubbles: *turns around* Can't what?

Bop: *blushes due to her embarrassment of her under sub-par reading skills* Re...I can't really take this any longer! That Volt thing! Does that help?

Bubbles: Yeah! This looks like something that can help us!

Berry: Just let us get daddy after you turn off that zappy shield.

Bubbles: Berry. We're saving Shaddy together and that's that. *clicks the file, the first words showing up being the names of the creators of the Volt Barrier*

[center]Volt Barrier Schematics Manual
Property of the Global Defenders
Version 5.0 (previously upgraded last year)
Cranston Thaddeus Utonium and Dimitri Staydamind[/center]

Bubbles: *gasps* What?!

Bean: Yeah, grandpa made this thing.

Bubbles: No. That other guy. He...he has the same last name as the professor!

Bean: Your daddy?

Bubbles: I heard the name Cranston before. He's the man I saw in Shad's picture. Guess I'm just surprised that he's related to...wait. I wonder...*her minds drifts back far into last year*

Shad: I don't remember. All I do know is that his name starts with a C and he and some other science guy (I think he's his brother or cousin or something) did stuff with something...dangerous, I think. He visited here sometimes but not anymore.

Blossom: Professor, do you know him?

Professor Utonium: It's been so long since I've last seen him. Shad, did you know him?

Shad: I think. He's the one who helped daddy set up all that security stuff. They're old friends but he never came back.

Professor Utonium: I see. When did he stop visiting you?

Shad: I'm not really sure, but I think it was some time after you made the Powerpuff Girls that he stopped coming.

Bubbles: His name does start with a C. And the professor was really surprised when Shaddy showed him the photo. Could that Cranston guy be the professor's...

Bop: *looking over Bubbles shoulder* Whatcha muttering about?!

Bubbles: EEK! Bop, don't do that! I'm looking for a way to turn off the barrier. *scrolls down for a few minutes until she reaches the desired section*

[center]Volt Barrier emergency shutdown procedure[/center]

Bubbles: So if I click on that...

*upon clicking on those words, several whirring sounds are heard. Several sections of the floor slide away, causing 4 pits to dot around the girls. Out of those pits however, are 4 large blocks almost twice the size of the girls. Each is at a corner and a different color: Black, red, light brown and violet*

Berry: Blocks?

Bop: Look! *points at the monitor* Some other words appeared.

Bubbles: Really?

Bop: Uh, you read it.

Bubbles: It says...

[center]What lies down the deepest pit of night, symbolized by sheer heathenism? Does it keep barred the raging fury of hellfire within? What else can safeguard the world from its own inhabitants? The tainted ones shall shatter via the lightning of Judgment.[/center]

Bubbles: What?

Bean: He...heath...what's that word say?

Bop: *doesn't even bother trying to pronounce it for obvious reasons; flushed*

Bubbles: He-thee-an-ism. Weird word.

Berry: Those blocks. What do we do with them?

Bop: *flies to the red one and tries pushing, pulling and lifting it. Alas, it is no use* GAH! Stupid block!

Bean: They won't move? *presses her ear against the black one* I hear humming sounds.

Bubbles: Maybe computers can only move them!

Berry: I was going to say that.

Bean: Were you going to say something like that? *points to a monitor on the other side, which, unlike the others, is pitch black*

Bop: What's wrong with that one? *points to another PC, that monitor a bright red*

Berry: *spots the last irregular monitor, a dull purple* Even that one.

Bubbles: *her monitor turns light brown* They're the same colors as the blocks. *reads more of the help file* Yeah! It says here those are special emergency monitors that can turn off the barrier!

Bop: What do we do there?

Bubbles: Each of us has to take a computer and use the controls there. On the monitors there should be stuff that'll help you from there.

Bop: *gulp* That means we have to...to read?! Oh no!

Bubbles: What's wrong Bop? You look all red.

Bop: I'm really worried about Shaddy. Let's just save him already! *flies to the computer marked violet*

Bean: Bop you still can't read well? Just tell her! If Shaddy helped you then so can Bubbles.

Bubbles: I wonder how the others are doing.

*meanwhile, in the barracks*

*as you'd expect, it's a total frenzy. The soldiers constantly try to close in on the group, only to get either scorched or blown away by powerful gusts of wind courtesy of Kimiko and Raimundo. The mystery girl is holding her own (while trying to keep her mask on in the process) as Dojo just stays back and watches the fight as one would watch the movie, popcorn and all:P*

Kimiko: Wudai Mars FIRE!

Raimundo: Wudai Star WIND!

*more soldiers had to back away from the fire, but others stood their ground as clear blue walls appeared in front of them, blocking the attack*

Raimundo: Okay, that's new.

Soldier 1: Don't underestimate the Global Defenders!

Girl: Don't underestimate us either!

*the mystery girl raised her hand for a karate chop, only for another soldier to grab hold of it tightly from behind*

Soldier 2: This isn't a place for inferiors such as you.

Raimundo: That's really starting to get annoying you know that?!

Girl: TYAAAA!! *kicks the soldier restraining her in the stomach, but instead feels a rather hard substance that almost causes her foot to vibrate* What?

Soldier 2: Have we mentioned that we're prepared for ANY combat situation?

Kimiko: Barriers, armor, no wonder we're not making any dents on these guys!

Girl: I wouldn't count us out just yet. *her free hand is balled into a fist and glows with energy* KYAA! *punches the stomach again, only this time the armor underneath the military garb breaks*

Soldier 2: AUGH!

Girl: *breaks free* The barriers are caused by the buttons on their belts! Break those and...*sees that the 2 Monks are too busy holding off the other soldiers*

Dojo: Sheesh. How many of these soldiers are there? It's Jack Spicer and his Jackbots all over again I guess.

Boomer: *right next to Dojo* You said it. I don't see a Powerpuff anywhere in here.

Dojo: That's beca...*sees Boomer and the other 2 Rowdyruffs* WHOA! *backs away* Don't beat me! I'm just a spectator!

Butch: Pffft! Like we pick fights with weaklings. And those Monks or whatever aren't that tough!

Bricks: I wouldn't be so sure. They have that weird girl with the mask on their side.

Butch: So?

Bricks: She was able to pierce that soldier's armor quite easily, and on the second try too.

Boomer: You think she has Chemical...*sees Raimundo break through one of the soldiers' barrier* Oooh! Did you see that? *takes some popcorn from Dojo*

Dojo: Hey! *pulls the bag of popcorn closer to him* Back off moocher!

Butch: Meh, if you're all gonna stay here and watch this snoozefest, I'm gone. *lifts up a tile and opens the hatch leading to the secret corridor to the entrance hall*

Bricks: Orders are to stay put!

Butch: Orders this! Orders that! We were *lightly closes in his thumb and index finger and opens them up by only an inch* THIS close to fighting the Powerpuffs! If it weren't for that stupid mission to get that Shad kid AGAIN we'd fight them and win! I need action! I want to get back at them for what happened last time!

Boomer: But if we stay here a little longer we'll get stronger.

Butch: I feel stronger now! If you want to come, then come. If you feel like watching a bunch of generic soldiers getting beat up by some mask-wearing chick and a pair of bathrobe-wearing...*loss for a better word* people, then be my guest! *drops down the hatch*

Bricks: Butch! *no answer; sees the Monks having the upper hand* Well, might as well help our troops.

Dojo: Wait! Are you going to let that kid push you around like that?! I thought you were the older one!

Boomer: We're both the same age.

Dojo: *to Bricks* And you're the leader, correct?

Bricks: Well I've been head of the...

Dojo: Yeah yeah, anyway, don't you think he should be following orders? What if you get in trouble for poor leadership skills?

Boomer: He's right! We can't get in trouble for what Butch did! We have to stick together!

Bricks: I suppose you're right. I'd get worried about him otherwise. *jumps down the hatch*

Boomer: Thank you Mr. Dragon sir. *follows Bricks*

Dojo: Whew. That's one thing we don't have to worry about. The rest will be easy picki...

Girl: Finally! I was starting to sweat!

Dojo: *sees that all the soldiers are dropped to the floor* That was fast.

Kimiko: *looks around* What about those 3 kids?

Dojo: You mean the Rowdyruffs? Good news! They won't be facing you because I convinced them into getting out of there through the hatch. Pretty smart of me huh?

Girl: W...what hatch?

Dojo: The one right ne...

Girl and Raimundo: IDIOT!

Kimiko: Don't tell me that's the same passageway the other soldiers took to stop Bunny and the others!

Dojo: Of course it's the sa...wai...whoops. Heheh. Well what can 3 little boys do?

Girl: They're superpowered. They have Chemical X within them much like the Powerpuffs. WHAT DO YOU THINK?!

Raimundo: Then quit chatting and let's help em...

Voice: Not so fast!

*the myriads of soldiers on the ground, thought to be unconscious, suddenly rise up and ready their weapons as if nothing happened*

Dojo: What the?!

Soldier 3: You really thought you'd finish us that easily?

Raimundo: *to Kimiko* Bring out the big guns.

Kimiko: You got it! *opens her sack and takes out metal sparrow-shaped arrows*

Soldier 1: FIRE!!

Kimiko: Oh there'll be fire all right! ARROW SPARROW!!

*myriads of bullets and lasers are shot from their guns. As soon as Kimiko throws her metal sparrows, they burst into flame and cancel out the incoming attack*

Girl: *gasps* Magic?

Soldier 2: That's not possible!

Raimundo: If you think that wasn't possible...*whips out a crystal blue sword* Blade of the Nebula! *the sword turns into what appears to be a small hurricane attached to a chain, like wind nun-chucks*

Girl: We're not through yet. Let's go!

*meanwhile, at the entrance hall*

*a similar scene is occurring, only the odds aren't in Bunny's nor Dexter's(he still has those big-ass gauntlets by the way) favor. Every soldier they take out, they're shot by a laser, had a flash grenade tossed at them or even Bunny playing the role of human shield for Dimitri as he tries to unlock the entrance to the supercomputer. Luckily, most of the soldiers went on standby just outside, so the crowd of soldiers isn't as big as the one the other group has to contend with in the barracks. The least Bunny and Dexter are able to do is buy Dimitri some time. But for how long?*

Bunny: *pant pant*

Dexter: Pace yourself Bunny.

Soldier 4: They're weakening. Now's our chance!

Bunny: Say, why did the other soldiers leave the base earlier?

Dimitri: *still tinkering with the locks* Just be glad there's less for you to take care off!

Dexter: Dimitri's right. We can ponder on that afterwards.

Bunny: Good. At least now I have another attack to try out.

Dexter: What?

Bunny: *forms a purple orb on her hand. It slowly expands as it gets brighter* Just wait a minute or so.

Soldier 5: Get her!

Bunny: Cover me!

*shots are fired as Dexter sidesteps in front of Bunny, using his gauntlets to project a yellow spherical barrier encasing himself and Bunny*

Bunny: Hope that thing lasts a minute.

Dexter: It only lasts as long as it can withstand. If the shots are too strong...

*his sentence is cut short when a silver dart sticks itself to the barrier, then implodes seconds later, sending Dexter and Bunny crashing into Dimitri*

Dimitri: DAMN! Lost concentration!

Bunny: *sees her purple energy ball still intact* Whew, not me though.

Dexter: Sorry about that. I should've known they'd had an anti-barrier dart in their weaponry.

Soldier 6: And there's more where that came from too!

Dexter: How much did we set you back?

Dimitri: About 20 minutes.

Dexter: *sarcasm* Nice.

Bunny: *her energy ball stops growing, now as big as her head* Done!

Dexter: I take it that's a new technique you've created?

Bunny: DING DING! And circle gets the square!

Soldier 4: Shoot her!

*Bunny drops the energy sphere like one would drop a ball. Before it even hits the ground however, she kicks it like one would kick a soccer ball. Instead of shooting towards the crowd of soldiers, it splits into tens of tiny orbs upon being kicked. They not only hit the soldiers, but also bounce off of them and into others as well, like tiny pinballs*

Bunny: BOOYA! I call it Ricochet Pinball Scatter!

Dexter: *shocked* Either you have a marvelous way with creating attacks or you were more bored in that cloth then I thought.

Bunny: If this is a way to annoy me so much that I leave and switch with Blossom, you're out of luck loverboy!

Blossom: For the last time, we're not...

*a blaring ZHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA sound was heard as a pale green streak of light whizzed past the kids. There was a bit of a cry as Dexter and Bunny turn their attention to one of the few standing soldiers holding what appears to be a large silver shotgon. His body seizing up and finally collapses*

Bunny: Where'd that come from?!

*Dexter turns to Dimitri, facing the incompacitated soldier as he holds a silver pistol almost the same style as the one Bricks used much earlier in the day*

Dexter: *surprised* Since when did you have a...

Dimitri: Bit of a long story, but I didn't steal it if that's what you were thinking. You have to be more careful.

Bunny: Another second and that guy would've...*gulp* Attacking from behind. What's up with them?

Bricks' voice: Your guard was down, so it's only natural.

*a small part of the floor opens up. Before Dexter can take a look, the Rowdyruff Boys themselves rise up from the trap door. Bricks looks around and sees the soldiers still recovering from Bunny's attack*

Bricks: No way that Dorkster did all this on his own.

Dexter: I'm really starting to get sick of that...

Bunny: That would be me.

Boomer: Oh yeah, you.

Bunny: Duh.

Butch: Who the hell are you?

Bunny: *falls down and gets back up* BUNNY! The fourth Powerpuff Girl! B-U-N-N-Y Bunny!

Boomer: Oh! You're the one Brisbane was talking about over the PA. How did we forget?

Butch: Because she's not the one we're looking for!

Dimitri: What?!

Butch: Just cooperate with us nicely and tell us where the Powerpuffs are. We have a little score to settle with them and I'm sick of waiting!

Bricks: *sigh* Might as well get this over with. Dimitri's mission won't succeed if they're out of the way.

Dimitri: What?! You mean Brisbane didn't send you?!

Bricks: Don't get me wrong. We're not gonna help you. Point being, we can just take you out here and now. Either that or look for the girls on our own.

Bunny: You'll have to get through me first!

Dexter: Bunny! The soldiers are close to recoperating!

Bricks: Not a problem. *to the soldiers* Stand down guys. We got this.

Soldier 4: Oh, you're all gonna get it now. Heheh.

Boomer: This is gonna hurt. A lot!

Butch: I guess you'll make a good punching bag before those prissies get back here.

Bricks: You both stay out of this. When I said "stand down" I meant you guys as well.

Boomer: Why?!

Bricks: She won't be too difficult. *takes a fighting posture* Best if you save your energy. *to Bunny* Last chance. Either you tell us exactly what you're all up to or I'll have to beat it out of you.

Bunny: *sticks out tongue* Nya nya!

Bricks: Fine. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

End of Chapter 36!
Last edited by Shadowed State of Mind on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! w00t Chapter 36 (24% of it) is U

Postby Keeper » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:42 pm

Heh, lightning of Judgement. Sounds like something I think up. ^^

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:51 pm

Very good work so far! I hope my thread doesn't go to page 2 either...
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:04 pm

Hmm. Slightly shorter then usual...again. Meh, Chapter 36 completed!
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! w00t Chapter 36 (ALL of it) is U

Postby Keeper » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:29 pm

Heh, this won't end well for Brick. Or will it be Bunny? ;)

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! w00t Chapter 36 (ALL of it) is U

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm

Chapter 37:

*Global Defenders (weaponry manufacturing dome)*

*the conveyor belts that were once loading various firearms in and out have been halted. Heck, more then halted. Some of them got smashed due to the assault upon the group. Buttercup just dodged an electric blue laser, which struck the wall, the resulting blast morphing the light around it into a sickly green color. The source of the attack is one of 4 rather peculiar robots. They appear to be a cross between a saltshaker and R2D2 believe it or not. (AN: Check the pic above, I ain't describing anymore) The robots remain still as Buttercup, Omi, Clay and a rather frightened Breannin stand their ground*

Omi: Such odd mechanical beings.

Clay: Yeah, but what in tarnation are those things?

Buttercup: They look like something R2D2 threw up!

Robot: WE ARE THE DALEKS!!

Breannin: They sound so menacing.

Dalek 2: NONE SHALL SABOTAUGE THE WEAPONS!!

Dalek 3: ORDERS FROM BRISBANE HAVE BEEN ANALYZED! CONCLUSION: EXTERMINATE THE INTRUDERS!!

Dalek 4: WE GONNA EXTERMINATE YOU NOW!!

*[lesser Nullify Blaster sfx here] the 4 Daleks each fired the same electric blue laser at their targets. Omi, Clay and Buttercup sidestepped away, but Breannin stayed and ducked. Each laser hits the wall and a conveyor belt, the impact resulting in a greenish distorting flash*

Buttercup: *to Breannin* Watch it! You almost cut it close there!

Breannin: I'm sorry.

Dalek 1: EXTERMINATE!! *shoots another beam at Breannin. Buttercup pushes her down just in time*

Buttercup: Don't tell me you forgot how to fight!

Breannin: Only a little. But I still remember, honest!

Omi: *facing the 2nd Dalek* Prepare to face a most humiliating defeat Dalek!

Clay: *faces the 3rd Dalek* What Omi said. *fastens the Fist of Tebigong on his hand* Fist of Tebigong!

Omi: *backs away and pulls the Orb of Tornami from his robe* Orb of Tornami! ICE!

*Clay punches one Dalek at the midsection while Omi drenches the other with a rush of water that freezes upon contact. In seconds though, both Daleks heat up. It eats through Clay's Wu, causing him to retract his hand back before the Wu itself melts, and the ice from Omi's Wu melts in a second*

Omi: *shocked* HOW?!

Dalek 2: YOU CANNOT HOPE TO VANQUISH US WITH SUCH FUTILE EFFORTS!!

Dalek 3: YOU UNDERESTIMATE US DALEKS!!

Clay: Man, those things heated up faster then sizzling pork chops on the 4th of July!

*scene shifts to the far right, where Buttercup and Breannin contend with the 1st and 4th Daleks*

Buttercup: On 3, we both backflip over them.

Breannin: That I can still do.

Buttercup: Good.

Breannin: I think they only shoot when they say exterminate.

Buttercup: What mak...

Daleks 1 and 4: EXTERMINATE!! *guns start to glow*

Buttercup and Breannin: NOW!

*both girls backflip over the Daleks and land behind them, about to counterattack. Unfortunately, the Daleks are a bit smarter then they thought. Their heads rotate rapidly and zaps Breannin and Buttercup! A rather strong jolt it gives them, but nothing that seriously phases Buttercup. Breannin on the other hand...*

Buttercup: *winces in pain* Man that hurt.

Breannin: AHH! That hurt! *bends down*

Buttercup: That much?!

Breannin: I'm sorry. I'm fine but this sharp jolt I feel. Is this...pain?

Buttercup: C'mon, don't get like that.

Dalek 4: EXTERMINATE!!

*Buttercup vaults over the Dalek and tries to punch it, only for their heat shields to rise, burning her fist*

Buttercup: AHH! Cheap shot!

Dalek 4: YOU INFERIORS CANNOT DEFEAT US!!

Buttercup: Wanna bet?!

*Buttercup jumps back and with her non-burned fist, slams the ground and brings up her Emerald Shockwave. The slight tremor has Breannin shaking as she runs out of the line of fire. The 2 Daleks see this coming with their menacing blue eyestalks and, by using thrusters at the base of their midsection, hover above the ground attack as it tears through a weapons rack instead*

Buttercup: *to Breannin* You're starting to get in the way you know that?

Breannin: It's not my fault! But she's right. I'm no help unless I can get my powers working again. How do I do it?!

Dalek 1: YOU CANNOT HOPE TO DEFEAT US WITH SUCH FUTILE TACTICS!!

Buttercup: Will you shut up?! *ducks under an incoming beam* Bree, just try ducking when they point at you and find some way to him!

Breannin: I'll try.

Buttercup: Don't try. DO! *flies to the 4th Dalek*

Breannin: But...

Dalek 1: EXTERMINATE!!

Breannin: AHH! *runs behind a conveyor belt*

*meanwhile, at the entrance hall*

*Bunny and Bricks continue their fight. The soldiers spread out to give them more room while Boomer and Butch hover high above for a bird's-eye view. Most of Bricks' attacks keep getting dodged, blocked or parried. Almost to the point where it's annoying*

Bricks: Would you fight already?!

Bunny: I am fighting! This is how I do it! *punch blocked by Bricks*

Bricks: Either you take this seriously or stop and tell us where they ARE. *blasts Bunny away with an eye-blast* Or better yet, who is Shad?

Bunny: *gets up* I thought you know. Not that it's any of your business.

Bricks: Wrong answer! *about to kick, but Bunny flips over him*

Bunny: Not so fast! *backs away and jumps as she curls up. She hovers a bit as she spins in place and glows purple* Ricochet Bounce!!

*Bunny bounces on the floor, then up to the ceiling, then diagonally to the wall, between a few soldiers, heck, she's a human pinball! She bounces left and right, up and down, diagonally and otherwise! Bricks keeps his guard up as his eyes keep close track of Bunny's movements, his eyes shifting in all directions*

Bricks: Very clever if I say so myself. By bouncing around that fast she increases her evasion rate and hit rate. But at the same time she loses control and the chance of friendly fire rises. If I...THERE *ducks under Bunny. Then he jumps over her. Sidesteps past her. Then finally...* Okay, this is getting stupid. *drop kicks her out of her attack pattern on her next incoming. Bunny skids across the floor and her head hits the wall*

Bunny: OW! And I was so close too! *gets up*

Bricks: Seriously, this is starting to get just a little bit boring.

Bunny: Boring?! So I can tell you where my sisters are? Nuh-uh. Not gonna happen! *forms a purple energy orb in her hand and charges it up*

Boomer: What's that?

Butch: Probably some other wimpy bouncy attack.

Bunny: Wimpy?! I'll show you wimpy!

*her hostility getting the best of her, Bunny releases the orb prematurely as it only splits into 4 bouncing orbs upon being thrown, nor are they as fast. Bricks merely shot 4 eye beams and the attack was countered*

Bricks: Well you have Buttercup's temper. I'll give you that much.

Dexter: Bunny, surely you know better then that. *to Dimitri* How much longer?

Dimitri: 10 more minutes...*cell phone vibrates* Just my luck. *picks it up* Hello.

Professor Utonium's voice: Dimitri? I hope I didn't catch you at a bad time.

Dimitri: *watches the ensuing fight between Bricks and Bunny; Bunny taunting Bricks now; sweat drop on Dimitri's head* Not necessarily bad, but rather at a busy moment.

Professor Utonium's voice: Then I'll just make this quick. My house is almost done so it should be about a week until the girls can move back in. Heh, a bit of a stupid reason to call isn't it?

Dimitri: No no, I'm glad despite the fact that I could've waited. I don't mind your girls now.

Professor Utonium's voice: That's good to know. Although I'm curious as to where Claire is. She hasn't been here for a few hours.

Dimitri: Wait a mi...*shouting* What do you mean CLAIRE'S NOT HOME?!

Professor Utonium's voice: Is there something wrong? Perhaps she just went shopping.

Dimitri: No. That's exactly what she said earlier today and I don't remember any groceries. She was supposed to stay put in order to fill you in on the details. Are you using her cell phone?

Professor Utonium's voice: The one with the cerise wallpaper and American Red Cross logos? The very same.

Dimitri: Why would she leave that? Unless...Adric, is there a sack anywhere?

Professor Utonium's voice: Yes, but it's empty.

Dimitri: The Shem Gong Wu that the Monks gave Claire are missing? And she isn't home but didn't take her cell phone? What on Earth is going on with that woman?! Adric, I'll have to call you back. The second you see Claire, have her call IMMEDIATLY!! *hangs up*

Dexter: Claire's missing again?

Dimitri: From the sounds of it she hasn't been captured. What's going on?

Dexter: Move to your right please.

Dimitri: *siddles to the right* I'm still a bi...*Bunny zips just an inch past him and crashes into the door Dimitri was unlocking*

Bunny: No fair!

*meanwhile, in the corridor leading to the surveillance dome*

*Blossom and Bell sit on the floor, confined right in the middle of the hall by the laser walls. Their eye beams have no effect obviously*

Blossom: *sigh* Now what?

Bell: What about heat ray?

Blossom: Tried it.

Bell: Your power blast?

Blossom: We're too confined for that! I'll end up blowing ourselves up.

Bell: There has to be something we haven't tried yet.

*Bell pokes the laser wall, which surprisingly, doesn't hurt. Even more odd is that for a quick second, all the sparks were focused at the finger just before Bell pulled it away*

Bell: *puzzled* Why did...?

Blossom: Wonder if this barrier is ice proof.

Bell: Blossom, can you try putting your finger on the barrier at your side?

Blossom: What?! Last time I touched it I...

Bell: Gently. Please, trust me on this. I have an idea.

Blossom: *slowly presses her right index finger on one side of the barrier* Hey, no sting.

Bell: *follows suit* Now do the same with your other finger, only farther away.

Blossom: Uh...okay. *presses her finger at the other end. Sparks start to fly up to both fingers* Now what?

Bell: Just wait. Wait a little bit.

*the tiny sparks on the barrier slide up to Blossom's fingers. Once they reach the tips a line of pink shoots across the dark blue barrier from one finger to another*

Blossom: Wow!

Bell: Now just...

Blossom: I think I got it.

*Blossom begins to slide both her index fingers together. Upon doing so, the pink line retracted as the fingers got closer and closer until they finally touched each other. But the moment that happened, Blossom's hands went through the barrier!*

Blossom: *pulls her hands away in excitement* I did it!

Bell: I came up with the idea, but yeah. You tried it so I guess it'll work.

Blossom: Guessed? As in you had me try it first? What would've happened if it didn't work?!

Bell: I never thought of that. I figured I'd try something unexpected. *presses both fingers on her side of the barrier and stretches it open in the same fashion*

Blossom: *turns to the opposite direction, leading back to the entrance hall* Bell, you head to the surveillance dome. Bunny might need my help.

Bell: But we have to stick together don't we?

Blossom: Only to keep a close eye on you. But now...*smiles* Shad's right. You really can be trusted.

Bell: *gasps*

Blossom: *floats off the ground* Just make sure they don't try to trap us again. Good luck! *zips off*

Bell: She trusts me. She really trusts me, just like the rest of them. Just a couple of months ago I tried to kill her and now...*whispers* Shad...thank you.

*meanwhile, in the computer laboratory*

*the Volt Barrier is still around Shad's tube prison, barring all access near him. 1 narrow, but very deep hole is right in front of it as the procedure to shut it down is in progress. Well, if by progress you mean lull, then yes. The Creampuffs and Bubbles have yet to fully understand how to properly use the specialized consoles to control the colored blocks. Bean controls the red block, Bubbles uses the tan one, Berry takes control of the black block, leaving the last purple for Bop. The blocks themselves keep crashing into each other, but not very hard thank goodness*

Bean: *pushes the left arrow button, then the right* What are we supposed to do with these things?

Bubbles: The clue got split into the other computers you're using. What does yours say?

Bean: "Does it keep barred the raging fury of hellfire within?" I don't get it?

Bubbles: Berry, what about you?

Berry: *bitterly* Fine. "What lies down the deepest pit of night, symbolized by sheer heathenism?"

Bubbles: *reads her clue* "What else can safeguard the world from its own sinful inhabitants?" What about yours, Bop?

*Bop tries to read her clue, but to her, all she sees is gibberish she doesn't understand despite the words being clear English. She turns red and remains silent*

Bop: NO! I have to try! Shaddy's counting on me. But he just started teaching me how to read yesterday. Um...Taont...saha...

Berry: Oh yeah. Bop can't read.

Bubbles: What?!

Bop: *blushes* NOTHING!! *whispers to Bean* What does it say?

Bean: *whispers back* I don't get it. What's wrong with asking Bubbles?

Bop: *blushes at the question* How did you learn to read so fast?!

Bean: I taught myself by reading that big book that tells you what every word means.

Bop: Just tell me.

Bean: *sigh* Say what I say. The tainted ones shall shatter via the lightning of Judgment.

Bop: "The tainted ones shall shatter via the lightning of Judgment."

Bubbles: It still doesn't make sense.

Bop: See, I read it just fine!

Bubbles: But why did you take so...

Bop: Quit being all silly-like. It's not like I can't read or anything! *nervous laugh*

Bean: She didn't even say thank you. Last time I cover for you Bop!

Berry: I think the colors of the blocks have something to do with the clues. *quick glance at the red block, then turns to Bean* Fire is red, right?

Bean: I thought it was blue. That's the only kind of fire I saw.

Bubbles: Yeah, that's it! Fire is normally red! Maybe that red block represents the fire in the clue!

Berry: Don't interrupt!

Bean: She didn't interrupt! She was just saying...stuff.

Bop: So does that mean the black block is night?

Bean: What is night?

Bubbles: What do you mean?

Bean: In Black Eden it's always dark. Always.

Bubbles: No sunshine?

Bop: When we finally got a chance to get out, even for a little while, we were so happy.

Berry: And I don't like the darkness.

Bubbles: Then I guess the black block does mean darkness. Now what about the last 2?

Bean: The tan one and purple one?

Bubbles: Tan. The last time I had that I got sunburn. Wait, that's not it. Tan is light brown. And the only clues left are the Earth and lightning. Oh, I wish Blossom was here!

Bean: You can do it Bubbles.

Berry: I'll do it! I was able to figure out the first one.

Bubbles: Wait...I went to the beach and got sunburned. There was sand and that was tan. What did the science teacher say again? The sand is tiny pieces of...*gasps* Earth! The world is Earth! That's what the tan block means!

Bean: So what's the last one?

Bop: Lightning. We got the rest of them so the only one left is lightning. But I never saw l...

Bubbles: *jumps up* YAY! Now all we have to do is...*flies to the narrow deep pit close to the Volt Barrier* Yep. It looks like we have to stack up all the blocks down here in the right order.

Bean: Then what are we waiting for?! Let's get them in!

Berry: The steps are on the screen. We just have to read them carefully and put the blocks in. And since mine came first...*takes control of the black block as it slides to the barrier and falls down into the pit. Berry's console monitor flashes the word VALID! Which one is next?

Bean: *raises her hand* Me! Me! *presses a few arrow buttons as the red block falls down the same pit. It is now on top of the black block* The screen says I did it!

Bubbles: My turn. *guides her tan block to the pit. The 3 blocks are now stacked up* Just enough room for one more. It's all yours Bop.

Bop: *looks down on the arrow buttons, the words engraved on them becoming distorted gibberish once again* Uh...lesse. *raises her finger, but doesn't do anything*

Berry: What's taking you? Just press the...

Bop: NO! I can do this! I can...I can...

Bean: Bop just ask for help. I couldn't read at first either.

Bubbles: What? You're saying that as if Bop doesn't know how to...

Bop: Shut up! Why should you know?! I can't let anyone know that I'm DUMB!!

Bubbles: Couldn't Shaddy help you?

Bop: *blushes* He only taught me yesterday. Then today he got captured. I barely know what any of these words are. I'm not sure if I can even spell my name. So I wanted him to keep it a secret from everyone. They'll all think I'm...*chokes up* dumb!

Bubbles: I don't think so.

Bop: Of course not! I'm like you so of course you'd get it! It's just not fair that we have to save Shaddy in a way that has me try to do something I CAN'T DO!! *slams the console in frustration*

Bean: *gasps* Bop.

Berry: You broke it?!

Bop: *looks down at what she's done. The arrow buttons are popped out, microchips are scattered, and the monitor blank* No. *mashes the arrow buttons; the purple block doesn't respond* Move. *flies to the remaining block and desperately tries to push it*

Bean: Bop we tried that. It won't...

Bop: Yes it will! It has too! *pushes it more, but the huge block remains in place* Move! MOVE YOU...*punches it* YOU DUMB...*kicks it*

Bubbles: Bop...

Bop: SQUARE...THING!! *finally, she leans on the block as she sinks to the floor, sobbing*

Berry: Now how can we get the barrier down?!

Bean: We'll never save Shaddy!

Bop: NO! *sniff* It's...it's not your fault. I smashed it! I smashed the only thing that can get us to Shaddy and save him! He's right there! *points to Shad, still unconscious in his tube prison, the electric lines of the Volt Barrier surrounding it* Right there and this stupid block puzzle...no, I MESSED IT UP!!

Bubbles: Then we'll help you.

Bop: NO! *flies up close to the Volt Barrier; tears in her eyes* AMBER PHOTON BARRAGE!! *the shower of amber spheres have no effects on the electric barricade* BREAK ALREADY!!

*Bop crashes into it, only for the electricity to bounce her away. She flies into it again, only to be zapped away. She does this over and over again, fist first then foot first, but neither tactic works. Her sisters and Bubbles watch on as despite a few wounds, Bop still keeps going*

Berry: BOP STOP IT!!

Bean: We'll find a way out of here and get grandpa!

Bubbles: She's getting hurt and she's still trying to get through like that? She'll...she'll...

Bean: Shaddy said one time that we don't get tired as much as other people but we still get hurt easy! Bop's probably so upset that she's...how do I say it?

Bubbles: She thinks she'll make up for not doing one thing by...

Bubbles and Berry: Trying to save Shaddy on her own! *quick glance at each other*

Berry: How would you know?!

Bubbles: Because she's ME! *surprised at what she just said; pauses* Not me exactly but if I were her I'd do the exact same thing! I understand how she feels. Shaddy made you all the same way the professor did, only too much sugar. That's easy to see since you all look, sound, and even act like me! Each of you are like a part of what I am!

Bean: Us...a part of you?

Bubbles: When I learned that Shaddy made you I felt so upset. Insulted, even! Insulted because I thought Shaddy was trying to replace me just because I left him. For a moment I was even ANGRY at him! If I could, I would never have left him! *to Berry* You're trying to keep Shaddy to yourself because you think that if he's with me I'll hurt him again. I didn't mean to. I didn't even know he liked me in that way until I left for Megasville. It was only until he moved next door to us a year later that I wanted to be with him again. But he stayed far from me and ended up being taken by Bell.

Berry: What does that have to do with me?! I'm still your better!

Bubbles: Be yourself! So what if you look, sound and act like me?! Is that what Shaddy wanted?! Before Shaddy tried to explain everything I was a little like you. I wanted Shaddy to be with me and to do that, I wanted to get Bell, who I thought was hurting him. So I got a lot more angrier then usual when she showed up with Shaddy for the first time. I never noticed how selfish I was being until Bell explained everything herself. That's why I don't treat you...don't treat any of you like an enemy. I'm just like you.

Berry: And I thought we were your betters.

Bean: So we're the same. You're like us as we're like you.

Bop: *zapped away once more* AIEEEE! *collapses*

Bean, Berry and Bubbles: BOP!! *runs to Bop*

*Bop is practically smoking due to constant electric shocks. The sleeves of her shirt have been burnt off and most of the ruffled amber skirt nearly skewered, now doing almost nothing to hide the black biker shorts*

Bop: *gets up* I still got it.

Bubbles: She can still get up after all that?

Bean: No! You don't got it!

Bop: What?!

Berry: We got it.

Bean: You can't keep charging into that alone. *holds Bop's hand*

Berry: We're in this together. Always have, always will. *Creampuffs huddle together*

Bean: Bubbles? C'mon!

Berry: Get over here already!

Bubbles: But...even whe...

Berry: When I said "we" I meant "we" as in ALL of us with you!

Bop: Yeah. Besides, I think I know how to get through that shield.

Bubbles: *teary-eyed* Th...thank you.

*Bubbles joins the Creampuffs as they float a foot above the steel floor and back up all the way to the locked exit as the tube prison looks no more then an oversized dot from such a distance. Bean whispers something in Bubbles' ear, prompting her to giggle a bit. All 4 girls are side by side as they hold hands. Their auras pop up as they share their power with each other (Link Conversion perhaps? ;) ). The auras of bergandy, aquamarine, amber and blue flare up and grow. Finally, they bend their knees...*

Bop: On 3.

Bubbles: You can count?

Bop: *giggles* Guess that's one thing I know how to do. 3...

Bean: 2...

Berry: 1...

Creampuffs and Bubbles: UNISON ATTACK! SUGARRUSH COMET!!

*WHOOSH! They shoot forward like a comet, their auras so bright only their visages are obscured, the silhouettes being the only thing visible. Before long, they crash into the Volt Barrier. Instead of being zapped away, they're still in place as they try to push their way through. It appears to be a standstill between the barrier and the Creampuff plus Bubbles formed comet*

Bop: Have to...push harder.

Bean: We're not gonna stop. We're never gonna stop!

Berry: Not until we rescue daddy!

Bubbles: Until we rescue Shaddy! Give it everything we got!

All 4 girls: TYYYAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

*SHCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGG!!! The Volt Barrier shattered like glass, likewise with the remaining consoles that supported it. The Sugarrush Comet zipped past Shad and made a crash landing. The auras vanished as the Creampuff Girls and Bubbles take a moment to recover and fly out of the newly formed mini-crater and land close to the large tube imprisoning Shad, who is still out cold*

Bean: *amazed* We...we did it!

Berry: We got through it. Together, with Bubbles even.

Bop: *glomps Bubbles* YIPPIE! WE SAVED SHADDY!!

Bubbles: *giggles* This must be how he felt when I did this to him all the time last year.

Berry: *faces the tube* Daddy! Daddy Shaddy, we're here! Bubbles is with us! *no answer* Why won't he answer?

Bubbles: Maybe he's still asleep because of what Bricks did to him.

Dr. Brisbane's voice: YOU RAMBUNCTOUS MISCREANTS!!

Bubbles: Brisbane!

Bop: Guess what? We got through your little zappy barrier! We did it so good, I might not need to know how to read!

Berry: Huh?!

Bop: *blushes* Oopsie. That came out wrong.

Dr. Brisbane's voice: Do you honestly think that you'll escape with the boy in tow so easily. Don't forget, you're still trapped.

Bubbles: So what? We'll find a way out!

Dr. Brisbane's voice: Always with the false optimism isn't it? So blinded of reality, you pitiful thing.

Berry: *angered* That's IT!! Where are you?! *looks around*

Dr. Brisbane's voice: I just warped to where Dimitri's trying to go: The Central Mainframe chamber. Quite grand really. A little too grand for the likes of you inferiors. And let's not forget that your portion of the mission is in vain.

Bubbles: How?

Berry: *sees something missing on Shad's wrists* Hey. Those Moby things are gone.

*the tube containing Shad...or who they THOUGHT was Shad, immediately vanishes. It turns out that the girls were just "rescuing" a mere hologram!*

Bean: And Shaddy's gone too!

Dr. Brisbane's voice: Consider this retribution for destroying a most potent security measure that a certain duo of scientists invested so much of their time on!

Bubbles: Where's Shaddy?!

Dr. Brisbane's voice: Perhaps you should use your time trapped within the labs to figure it...

*before the sentence is completed, an extremely loud, blaring alarm rings, prompting the girls to cover their ears*

Bean: EEEEEEEK!

Dr. Brisbane's voice: What's this? *long pause; sounds of clicks and types* No...*scared?* I've forseen them coming, but...but in such a large...NO!!!

Bubbles: What happened? *hears a CLANG noise*

Bop: Bubbles! The door's opened! We can go!

*meanwhile, in the barracks*

*the melee of the 2 Monks, the mystery girl and the soldiers has just been halted upon the sounding of the alarm*

Dojo: Whoa, where's the fire?

Kimiko: Wonder what happened?

Dr. Brisbane's voice: CALLING ALL SOLDIERS!! CALLING ALL SOLDIERS!!

*at the entrance hall*

*Dimitri, Dexter, Bunny, the soldiers, and even the Rowdyruffs direct their attention to the blaring alarm and Brisbane's booming voice. Blossom has just arrived*

Dr. Brisbane's voice: THEY have arrived! As I speak the secondary intruders are closing in our base from the outside! All soldiers in the barracks and entrance hall cease your current activities and regroup with the rest of your comrades outside IMMEDIETELY!!

*in the weaponry dome*

*2 Daleks have been disposed of thanks to clever thinking on Clay's part. Amazing what solid marble that materializes out of nowhere can do.:P But now him and the rest (even the remaining 2 Daleks) cease fighting due to the alarm*

Dr. Brisbane's voice: The Rowdyruff Boys are to join them right away! The base will most likely face it's impending doom should we fail to defend it! We will not be overpowered by vermin!

*lastly, within the surveillance dome*

*most of the outdoor surveillance monitors are back online. Bell easily subdued the scientists and Weasel. They both watch what's happening outside via the monitors. One shows the entire Global Defenders battalion outside, their weapons ready and abled as the thousands of them look ahead. Bell glances at another monitor and brings her hands to her mouth in sheer shock. Or more of what she feared. At the far side of the meadow...are dozens upon dozens of robotic kaijin of shapes and sizes. The Cluster...no, the Darkstar Council! This is confirmed by the center row which is easily identifiable. Montray, Nool, Zim and Gir on the left. Kuwagus, Destruction and Sammy (in battle armor to boot) on the right. Finally, in the center of it all is the one leading the opposing army. The rough-skinned 6-eyed orange mutant Bell knows all too well. Dr. X*

Weasel: So that's the Darkstar Council. No matter, the Rowdyruffs shall take care of them in due time. What's keeping them?

Bell: *whispers* No. Why did I have to be right?

Dr. Brisbane's voice: This is not a drill! I repeat: THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!

*back at the entrance hall*

Bunny: *sees all the soldiers running outside* What's the deal?!

Dexter: The other intruders. Are they that much of a problem as to use the entire battalion?

Bricks: Looks like we're needed. Consider yourselves lucky.

Butch: NO! We're not obeying another order until we kick some Powerpuff ass!

Blossom: Since when do you say ass?

Boomer: *looks to the surveillance corridor entrance* Oooh! Blossom's here!

Butch: That's one down.

Bubbles' voice: Bunny! Bunny!

*the Creampuffs and Bubbles come out from another hall and to Bunny*

Dimitri: Where's Shad?!

Bop: It was a trap!

Bean: He put some see-through Shaddy to trick us so we can get trapped!

*soon, the mystery girl, Dojo, Kimiko and Raimundo catch up*

Kimiko: We just heard Brisbane telling the soldiers to evacuate the place!

Raimundo: Something about intruders or something. What can be more of a problem to him then us?

Buttercup's voice: What can be more of a problem then these Star Wars rejects?!

*finally, Buttercup, Breannin, Omi and Clay reach the entrance hall, but with the Daleks on their tail. The group has been reunited

Butch: Finally! All 3 puffs right where we want em!

Daleks 1 and 4: EXTERMIN...

*BOOM! Bricks fires an energy blast at both Daleks, strong enough to turn them into scrap metal*

Bricks: Let's make a deal, shall we? Us Rowdyruffs will face the Powerpuff Girls ONLY! No one can help!

Butch: Finally, you see things my way!

Bricks: To be honest, I've been wanting to fight them for a while myself.

Blossom: We don't have time!

Bricks: Hear me out. If you win, we'll tell you where Shad is.

Boomer: Lose, and...well, you lose!

Butch: So what's it gonna be?

Dimitri: I already unlocked the door leading to the supercomputer. What makes you think I won't sneak out of here? *before he can make another statement, a thin red laser beam whizzes past Dimitri's head and cuts through a column*

Bricks: Any MORE questions?!

Buttercup: We just got away from those Daleks and now you expect us to fight you jerks!?

Bubbles: We beat you once and we'll beat you again!

Blossom: All we have to do is pucker up and...

Boomer: Not so fast. That kiss thing won't work this time. We got cootie shots.

Girl: Kids these days still believe in those things?! Honestly...

Blossom: *sigh* We agree to your terms.

Bricks: Good. *he and his brothers land*

Butch: *winds his arm as if playing windmill* You have no idea how long I've waited for this. Time for payback from last time.

Boomer: I wonder how many years it's been. 1, 2 years maybe?

Blossom: You ready girls?

Buttercup: This won't take us long.

Bubbles: Ready when you are!

Bop: Good luck Bubbles.

Dexter: Keep on guard Blossom!

Bunny: Sock him once for me!

Omi: This'll be a great opportunity to see what these Powerpuff Girls can do. *sits on the floor*

Kimiko: Hope this doesn't take too long.

Raimundo: They beat those guys once and they'll beat them again, no worries.

Clay: True, but there's no telling what those kids learned since then. Not that I know of it, but still.

Breannin: Please win.

Dojo: *plops another clump of popcorn in his mouth* Here goes nothing.

Bricks: On your mark...

Blossom: Get set...

Powerpuffs and Rowdyruffs: READY STEADY GO!!!

*cue white flash; fade into darkness*

End of Chapter 37!

EDIT: 2 BGMs up and at your service! Of course anyone who stopped by Keeper's thread recently already heard one of them.

Advent of the Darkstar Council

Bricks VS Bunny

If possible, I'll find a BGM suitable for that little happening with the Creampuffs and Bubbles. Want to hear one I got for the upcoming fight? TOO BAD! You'll have to wait until...hmm, since I've been thinking through these things more carefully then usual, the update once a day tactic has been scarce. Just hang in there.
Last edited by Shadowed State of Mind on Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! w00t Chapter 37 (48% of it) is U

Postby Keeper » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:59 pm

Heh, same question here, Dimitri. ^_^

So I'm guessing 3 more chapters til "Dual Minds Think Alike!" is done?

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:14 am

Not bad, Shad!

Although, the Dalek in that .wav is saying "We could exterminate you now" not "We gonna exterminate you now". They use very precise language.

If you need more help with Dalek-speak, I'll be happy to enlist as an editor.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:31 pm

Chapter 37 completed!

Sorry for killing off the Daleks Griddles. Heheh.

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! w00t Chapter 37 (ALL of it) is U

Postby Keeper » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:54 pm

Daleks, who needs them. :P j/k

Great chapter, Shad. Three to go. ^_^

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:10 pm

Wha?! You think this'll end at 40 chapters?! Blashmey!!(sp?)

But seriously, this'll have a tad bit more then 40 chapters. Wrapping it up at 40 will make pretty much everything seem rushed. Besides, I have a little surprise for you all after the PPG VS RRB fight.

I got Griddles stumped and only LinkG07 knows for sure. Now please, don't ask him. He ain't saying nothing! I'll give you a hint though. 3 words: Tales of Symphonia.

That's right. ToS references AHOY!! :w00t:

Added after 17 minutes:

EDIT: 2 BGMs added! The first one and the Dalek sound clips (along with actually putting the "Star Wars rejects" as Buttercup called them) courtesy of Griddles. Although I apologize for those who expected more of them.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:54 am

ACK!! Second page?!?!

Okay, here's the skinny: My dad took the PC to the shop yesterday to fix up the D and E drives. Apparently there's something he wishes to install. And of course a scanner requires a CD of sorts to hook it up properly. Good news is that it's fixed up. Bad news is that he only has half the amount of money. Now................due to......personal reasons regarding that, the fic will be on hiatus...AGAIN! So yeah, here's hoping that he gets the other $100 soon enough. *sigh*

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! w00t On hiatus (AGAIN!:angry: )

Postby Keeper » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:45 pm

That's bad to hear, Shad. Hope to see your story up again real soon. :)

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:31 am

First things first. Good news: I'M BACK! Bad news.......................that'll come soon. As my sig said, I'm back at a rather pricy cost. Details will come soon.

Added after 1 hours 34 minutes:

Good news: The PC is back in my home.

Bad news: By God, WHERE DO I START?!?! Let's see........the hard drive was wiped during the reconfiguration so the following are no more...

My chapters. (Life and Times 100% recovered! Now for the current ones)
My BGMs. (100% recovered AND burned to a CD)
My anime MP3's. (17% recovered)
MSN Messanger. (100% recovered)
The Ace Combat BGMs Griddles gave me via MSN Messanger.
The Photoshop "keygen" Ghosthead Nebula gave me via MSN Messanger. (got it!)
My....ahem, "references" (er...don't ask) [20% recovered]

So yeah, recollecting all these (of course the..."references" will take far too long) will hinder an update even more! Luckily, some pics I saved (i.e. requests) are in Photobucket, and my chapters are right here, so it's not a total loss. Also, my dad had no idea I was typing fanfiction, so he didn't erase everything on purpose. Although he had the document folder wiped as well. And he doesn't usually do that since his stuff are stored there. Meh, no matter.

Just sit tight everyone. I'll recoperate once I get home.
Last edited by Shadowed State of Mind on Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! I'm back! w00t (but at a cost...

Postby Keeper » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:41 pm

Holy mother of cookies!?! That sucks! Though you did say that some of those shouldn't be hard to recover, but nonetheless that's a real drawback. Really hope things turn out the best way they can for you and thanks for commenting on the request. Let me know if you ever want another. :)

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! I'm back! w00t (starting to reco

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:22 pm

Whew! On the right track. Quite a number of files have been recovered. More importantly, 50% of The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind has been retrieved! And I made a double update at DA to make up for my hiatus. I'm on the road to recovery folks. I'll be back to resuming the fic soon enough!

Postby GridsNaranek » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:48 am

We're both fighters against lost files, hehehe

Can't wait for the next installment!

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Keeper » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:43 am

Way to go, Shad! :D

Postby PueRToRiCaN12187 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:56 am

HELL YES! I have FINALLY caught up with your story! Read all the chapters in two nights! I'm pretty sure that's gotta be some kind of record! I love the story so far, and the Powerpuff's reaction to the Rowdyruffs kinda pisses me off cause it's accurate, and the reaction (if any) in my fanfic doesn't seem like an accurate depiction now lol Well I'm sure I can fix that in later chapters... I hope.

Postby Darkness_calls » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:36 pm

I've been reading you fanfic for awhile now. It's really amazing.
Can't wait for the next one ^_^

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:33 pm

YES! The first part is secured. Shouldn't take me TOO long to retrieve the current ones. Almost there folks!

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:41 pm

FINALLY!! At last I recovered all the chapters here! Expect an update soon. I just need some time. Tomorrow perhaps? ;)

Postby Darkness_calls » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:46 pm

YEAH !
FINALLY !
go on get on writing ^_^ .
*lockes Shad inside a box until he updates * ;)

Postby Melcadrien » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:04 am

*stops time, unlocks the box, and puts darkness in it while getting shad out.*

Apparently your a tad bit impaitent are ya?

Postby Darkness_calls » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:10 am

Not at all ^_^
It was a practical joke (that is why I put the "happy" smileys there :P)

Now can you please let me out?

PreviousNext

Return to Literature