SSoM's fic thread. Hidden Angels. Chapter 11 is UP! (70%)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:33 pm

Neither can I! Wait, what am I saying? Of course she'll be in it!

And as for that security system, a gattling gun isn't so much as a mini-gun as it is...

That...only bigger!
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! w00t Chapter 12 is UP!

Postby Keeper » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:36 pm

Nice example Shad. ^_^

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! w00t Chapter 12 is UP!

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:46 pm

And now...the first chapter of the new year!

Chapter 13:

*Black Eden (Bell's room) 5:24PM*

*Bell's room is painted white. Yeah, bright enough to almost hurt your eyes...I guess. At the left is a door that leads to the bathroom. Yeah, she has her own private stall. Anyway, there are no windows in the room (DUH!) at at the center of it all is a white mattress with a pink pillow and dark cerulean bedsheets. Sitting in the middle of it is Shad and Bell themselves. Gir sleeps on the floor*

Shad: So...who's this friend?

Bell: His name is...was Mandark. I called him Susan. He did a lot of great things for us. He made lots of weapon, armor, even our home!

Shad: He BUILT everything here?! No wonder lots of stuff looks...metal and stuff.

Bell: Actually, he planned the archete...ar...what's that word?

Shad: I think it's architect.

Bell: Yeah, that! Mandark was a great genius even when he was really little. But his parents didn't want that.

Shad: His mommy and daddy didn't like him being a genius?

Bell: I guess not. I forgot what else happened right after but a few years later he got into a rivalry with...Dexter I think his was hi...

Shad: Dexter?! He's in my class! He never said anything about a rival...not that I asked him. So what happened then? Where's Mandark now?

Bell: *sobs*

Shad: Bell?

*meanwhile, at the Powerpuff household (PPG room)*

*the professor sits on the PPG's bed as Blossom and Buttercup explain what happened at school a few hours back, including Dimitri's little outburst. Bubbles sits on the professor's lap, wiping off remaining tears from her face*

Professor Utonium: So this Bell person...she took Shad?

Bubbles: *saddened tone* Uh-huh.

Buttercup: And on top of that we don't even know who she is or why she even captured Shad!

Blossom: Well she said something about a Darkstar Council. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Professor Utonium: I see. You mentioned something about Shad's...memories?

Blossom: Yeah.

Professor Utonium: If what you saw in his mind is indeed real, then you were right all this time. Dimitri and Claire are lying to Shad.

Buttercup: But what the heck for?! It's not like any of us actually SAW Shad in those visionbursts! The only people that we saw in the last one we had was Dimitri, Claire, a lot of dead people, and that guy in Shad's photo.

Professor Utonium: Cranston?!

Blossom: Who?

Professor Utonium: Uh...nothing. Nothing at all. Just a slip of the tongue.

Blossom: Well if that guy had something to do with whatever happened at the Global Defenders, we should find him. Who knows? He might even help us find Shad.

Professor Utonium: *saddened tone* I'm afraid that isn't possible.

Buttercup: Huh?

Professor Utonium: You see...that man in Shad's photo...well...*laughs (although a saddened one) and forces a smile*...let's just say he moved away a long time ago. At least I hope so, because I have no idea where he is.

Blossom: Well I remember Shad saying he disappeared soon after you created us.

Professor Utonium: That is strange. A coincidence perhaps? Anyway, you girls better get your homework done. Dinner will be ready in half an hour. *puts Bubbles on the bed and leaves the room*

Buttercup: Half an hour?! I'm hungry now!

Blossom: Do you even know how long half an hour is?

Bubbles: ..................

Buttercup: Hey Bubbles. You're awfully quiet there.

Bubbles: Wasn't...there for Shaddy. Wasn't...strong enough. Not...not strong...enough to be...a friend.

Blossom: Bubbles?

*in the hallway*

Professor Utonium: *heading downstairs* So Shad does have powers after all. Just as I thought. But a black fire, possibly among other things? Claire doesn't have that ability and Dimitri didn't even touch the Chemical X. Could it have been that accident a year ago? If that was the case, then why didn't the X isotope appear on the scanners? It doesn't add up. Unless...is the Chemical X...evolving?! To the point where it can camouflage itself?! And one of my worst thoughts have come realized...Dimitri and Claire lied to Shad. I can only imagine that things would've turned out far more differently if they just told him about whatever happened 3 years ago! Is it so tragic that they keep it a secret? And now there's no need...their son is gone.

*back at Black Eden (Bell's room)*

Shad: Mandark did WHAT?!

Bell: *crying* He blew himself up along with his fortress! He's DEAD!! He was right there and daddy could've saved him! And HE DIDN'T!! I was so mad at him that I actually tried to kill him and instead he...he...

Shad: What?

Bell: SPANKED ME!! It's his fault that Mandark is dead! Him AND the Powerpuffs! If they didn't *sniff* didn't get in his way, he wouldn't have just killed himself! I HATE daddy for letting him burn in his fortress like that! The only reason I even STAY with him is because he made me!! I have to stay with the only one who had the chance to save my friend and blew it! Now I don't have a friend anymore!! Since then I have this pain in my heart that WON'T GO AWAY!!

Shad: *last sentence echoes through his head* That kind of hurt? She has it too? I...I didn't know.

Bell: Of course you didn't know.

Shad: I feel it too. I lost a friend. At least that's how it feels. *hugs Bell*

Bell: Shad? Why are you hugging me all of a...*feels something trickle down her shoulder*

Shad: *teary-eyed* I...I thought I was alone. I was always alone until Bubbles came. But much later after that, she and her sisters just moved away! I thought I would never see them again until I moved to Megasville. I saw them, but I don't want to be with them. It's like part of me HATES them for leaving me. I want them to be my friends, but what if they'll leave me again and make this hurt in my heart worse?

Bell: So you feel the same...

Shad: So I try not to go to them, thinking that if I do, the hurt would go away. But it's worse now! It's like there's a tug-of-war inside me! One side (my heart) says to be friends with the Powerpuffs again and the other side (my mind) keeps pulling for staying away from them. I don't even know which one is the right one!

Bell: You know...I have an idea. *holds up Shad's hands* This might sound crazy, even for me but...maybe we can be friends.

Shad: What? But...

Bell: If they left you, then they're probably no friends of you.

Shad: But you...

Bell: Don't worry. You'll feel right at home here...sort of.

Shad: Weird. Normally I'd get scared of hearing stuff like that and ask to call mommy and daddy. But they lied to me! Why should THEY CARE?! Why should I keep living with lying excuses for parents!? Bell knows how that feels. Y-y-yeah. I'll stay with you.

Bell: Maybe we should let your par...

Shad: NO!! I mean, don't bother. They don't need to know.

Bell: They don't?

Shad: No. *head down* Don't...even...bother.

Bell: Are you still scared because of that nightmare you had? Whatever it was.

Shad: A little.

Bell: Don't worry! Your new friend is here to make it all better.

*Bell draws Shad into a hug. Upon contact between the 2, a quick jolt of energy rushes between them, causing the kids to jump back and fall off opposite sides of the bed*

Shad: *falls on his back* OWIE! *gets back up* What was that? *stares at his palms* It feels like...like I can think thoughts that I don't think...that didn't make sense. *hears a moaning noise* Bell!

*Shad crawls back on the bed and looks down to the opposite side where Bell fell, only to see Bell landed on top of her head and her dress down, showing cotton white panties*

Shad: *blushes* WAUGH!! *falls next to Bell*

Bell: What? You look red.

Shad: *blushes even more* Just...let me use the bathroom...or something.

Bell: What's wrong? Why did your face...

*Shad hastily gets up and rushes to the bathroom, only to trip over Gir, waking him up*

Gir: YOU KILLED MY TAQUITOS!

End of Chapter 13.

And so...Link Conversion begins.
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! w00t Chapter 13 is UP!

Postby Keeper » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:54 pm

Boy, Shad is seeing new things every step he makes. ^_^;

Postby GridsNaranek » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:14 am

He's certainly seeing more than most boys his age, even the ones who try...
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:40 pm

PAH! You can thank the influance of Mahou Sensei Negima for that little scene! :P

Postby Keeper » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:44 pm

Nope I guess not. lol

Postby numbuw2011 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:03 pm

lol wow this is a good story i caught my self up and lol chapter 13 was funny.....dangit how coiem i never see anything liek that ^^ lol keep up the good work

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:53 pm

Uh...paging Grammar Surgeon Yoshi!

Chapter 14:

*Shad's house (bedroom) 7:54PM*

*Claire is alone in the room while Dimitri is elsewhere in the house*

Claire: Now let's try this again.

*Claire stands up straight and clenches her fists. The same cerise aura from last time appears and swirls around her again*

Claire: *struggling* So...so far so good.

*the aura emits a dim light that starts to engulf the woman. Her hair starts to blow side to side from a non-existent wind. Next, Claire began to shrink! Her lengthy ponytail shrunk up and stopped behind her head as Claire's face structure changed a little. She shrank more and more until...*

Dimitri: DAMMIT!! *loud banging sound*

*after that, Claire's ponytail grew back to it's regular length, her height reverses back to it's original tall stature, her face morphed back to normal and the cerise aura vanished*

Claire: Oh for God's sake I ALMOST had it!! *frustrated* What is it!?

*Claire rushes downstairs and enters the door just below the stairs, which leads to the new basement. There, she sees the supercomputer (with the monitor flashing the words TRACKER NOT FOUND and Dimitri just sitting in front of it all. His fist is slammed into the keyboard*

Claire: Don't tell me you couldn't fi...

Dimitri: Shut up! Just shut up right now!

Claire: Excuse me?

Dimitri: *frustrated sigh* So sorry about that. It's just that...IT is with Shad, but the supercomputer acts as though IT doesn't exist.

Claire: But Shad brings it everywhere. Surely he must've had it on him when...you know.

Dimitri: Maybe this thing isn't strong enough. Perhaps I should study a little more.

Claire: Or you can ask Dexter and...

Dimitri: ABSOLUTLEY NOT!!

Claire: Can't you...

Dimitri: Granted, he has the knowledge to upgrade the scanner and fix the teleporter, but he and the others know too much already! Enlisting his assistance would be a huge risk. For us and Shad. Besides, it's not like we even know who these Darkstar Council people are.

Claire: Well they're not the Global Defenders, that's for sure. Although it still doesn't explain why that Bell girl took Sha...*hears a voice in her head*

Girl's voice: Hello? You awake?

Claire: *gasps*

Dimitri: Claire?

Claire: I have to use the bathroom. Be right back!!

*Claire bolts out of the basement and rushes upstairs to the bathroom*

Girl's voice: Paging Ms. Nurse! Ring ring!

Claire: *closes her eyes* I hear you! You caught me at a bad time...kind of.

Girl's voice: What time? Were you on the toilet or something? *giggles*

Claire: That's enough out of you! Why did you call me?

Girl's voice: Sheesh, make up your mind. First you say that's enough out of me and now you ask me why I called? You have any idea how long it's been?! One year lady! One big boring year of torture! I don't even know your name!

Claire: Hmm. Her personality evolved greatly from last time. Okay, I get it. I can't tell you...yet. You see...

Girl's voice: Bubbles' boyfriend got kidnapped? Yeah, I heard.

Claire: WHAT?! How could you know that when you're...

Girl's voice: That's why I called you! I can hear my sisters now! It's almost time!

Claire: You mean...no! It's...you're not due for another 5 months!

Girl's voice: Make that...uh...I don't know when, but it's a heck of a lot sooner then 5 months.

Claire: Try looking up. Do you see purple stars?

*scene dims darker and darker until it blacks out completely. Then...a tiny purple star twinkles in the dark. Then another star appears. Then 2 more pop up. Then 5. 15 more. In half a minute, hundreds upon hundreds of stars light up the sky. The scene then shifts back to Claire, still in a state of telepathy communication with the girl*

Girl's voice: 832 purple stars.

Claire: *laughs* You didn't have to count them.

Girl's voice: Hey, I'm bored here! So is it time?

Claire: You can try calling them now, but it's a bit too risky. Then again, it's best not to wait too long or...

Girl's voice: Or what?

Claire: Just stay put until I give the signal. Once your sisters get it, they'll know what to do...I hope.

Girl's voice: WHAT?! You didn't even tell them?! Buttercup even?!

Claire: I have my reasons! I have to go now. Remember, stay put until I give you the signal. Bye now!

Girl's voice: Hold on! You're supposed to say *communication cut off* over. Nice.

*meanwhile, at Black Eden (the section with the huge chair, big screen and whatnot)*

Dr. X: Hmm? So you wish to stay here?

Shad: Yes Dr. X sir.

Dr. X: Call me Mr. X. And no need for the sir.

Bell: Mr. X?

Dr. X: From now on, you are to take orders from me. Your sleeping quarters is...Bell's room.

Bell: Huh?! But I never had a boy slee...

Dr. X: Any objections?

Shad: Mr. X, can I ask you a question?

Dr. X: Yes.

Shad: Why did you let Manda...*bonked*

Bell: *whispers to Shad* Shush! Don't ask that!

Shad: I mean, what do we do here?

Dr. X: Once I give you an assignment, you'll know. You are dismissed.

*Shad and Bell start to walk away elsewhere, until...*

Dr. X: Just one question of my own Shad: Just out of curiosity, what made you change your mind so quickly?

Shad: I don't want to talk about it. Only that I think that...*quick glance at Bell*...someone here knows exactly how I feel. And that someone here knows as well. That someone is the probably the only one I can trust now. *walks away along with Bell*

Dr. X: *spots the Bubbles plushie in his pocket* I see. So his pain has escalated that much. If Bell told him what I think she told him, then he too, still remains in the past. To refuse to face the harsh realities of the present, increasing the pain in both his mind and heart. A shame really, for he just might miss on what the future has to offer. OUR future. He must counter the demons within himself. And for that to happen...to truly obtain the power he so secretly desires...to never let his friends seep past him ever again...he must turn that pain into power! Something that will prove easy for Shad...at least I can only hope so. Or bringing him here would have been all for naught.

End of Chapter 14.

Lots of hints abound and whatnot. Try to decipher them all...as usual. 10 blueberries and a cookie to anyone who knows who Claire was speaking with. Not to mention the “tracker” as well.
Last edited by Shadowed State of Mind on Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! w00t Chapter 14 is UP!

Postby Keeper » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:01 pm

It was Bunny who Claire was talking too. I'm thinking it was Bell who they were tracking. Either her or Shad himself.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:08 pm

And the 10 blueberries and cookie goes to...Keeper!

And just for the record, Dimitri and Claire didn't even SEE Bell, so it's Shad they're tracking. How? Figure it out...again!:P

Hmm...this has to be the shortest chapter yet. Could've sworn it was supposed to be longer then this.

Postby Keeper » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:11 pm

Try thinking of the chapter as a cliff hanger. :)

All I know is Shad will be showing up in my next Heretic Alignments update. Though it's a small role I still will involve him in the story. ^_^

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:18 pm

*spits out water* WHAT?! YOU WILL?!

I mean, GREAT!!

Postby Keeper » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:25 pm

*wipes water from clothes* Yeah, it's true. I was inspired and decided it be cool if I did. So you might want to change up and read my pasted update. At least this way you'll know what's going on.^^

Also less super long paragraphs. I'm trying to split speech from details this time.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:58 pm

Chapter 15:

*Powerpuff household (PPG room) 8:30PM*

*the girls are in their nightgowns. Blossom reviews a few things in the school textbook, Buttercup plays a few games on her GBA:SP, and Bubbles is just lying on the bed*

Buttercup: Almost...almost...*loses* darn! Lost again!

Blossom: Would you mind Buttercup?

Buttercup: Why are you reading that thing anyway? We did our homework. Hard as usual.

Blossom: I'm just studying up. I think I might do better if I'm ahead of everyone else.

Buttercup: Why would you want to...oooooh. I see. You think HE is going to skip a grade, don't you?

Blossom: *blushes* W-w-w-what makes you say that?

Buttercup: Face it, we all know. Even Suzie and Tootie can see that you're booking it a lot harder then normal so you can be with your *sing-song voice* boyfriend!

Bubbles: SHUT UP!! *tosses a green pillow at Buttercup*

Buttercup: Ah! What was that for?!

Bubbles: Humph! *turns away*

Buttercup: Don't "humph" me! I was teasing Blossom, not you! What's the...

Blossom: Leave her alone Buttercup.

Buttercup: But that didn't...

Blossom: Just leave her!

Buttercup: Psh, fine!

*Bubbles reaches under her pillow and takes out the gift that her (former) friend made for her a year ago: a plush doll version of Shad*

Bubbles: *sniff* Shaddy. Where did you go?

*Black Eden (Bell's room) 8:40PM*

Shad: So which side of the bed do I sleep in?

Bell: None!

Shad: None? But I...

Bell: Why don't you ask daddy to change your sleeping room or something?

Gir: Marshmallow! *munches on one of the pillows*

Shad: Well...it's just that...okay, I understand.

Bell: Of course you...wait, you do?

Shad: You don't want me to sleep in the same room as you because I'm a boy. Is that it?

Bell: Sort of. You've been here for less then a day and already you screamed a lot, peed on my dress...

Shad: *blushes* That was an accident!

Bell: You just ran away as soon as you checked on me when I fell off the bed...

Shad: You didn't know?! You were...

Bell: So I don't want any more weird things happening. Not to mention you attacked me earlier today.

Shad: I did?

Bell: How can you not remember that?!

Shad: Remember what?

Bell: You...forget it! *leaves the room*

Shad: Bell wait!

Bell: *comes back in a flash, carrying a small lightweight mattress and spare bedsheets* What? I was just getting another mattress. *drops it*

Shad: Oh. *takes off his shoes and jumps on the mattress* What was that earlier?

Bell: What was what?

Shad: When you hugged me, there was this big...sparkly feeling. It's still there.

Bell: You mean that thing that made us jump back earlier? How does it feel?

Shad: I can't say it well. It feels like I can...feel other things...and they don't seem to be my feelings.

Bell: How?

Shad: Well it feels the same as the hurt in my heart, but different. Like the other hurt belongs to someone else.

Bell: Maybe it's because we're friends now?

Shad: Maybe. *pulls covers over him*

Bell: You're going to sleep already?

Shad: *yawns*

Bell: That's no fun. Does he have those curfew things that daddy talks about? Girly, what do you...*turns around, only to see Gir swallowing the pillow WHOLE!* Girly!

Gir: *hiccups as white feathers fly out of his mouth* Tas...*hiccup*...ty.

*after Bell sends Gir to Zim for repairs (not that Zim's all to happy about fixing him), Bell turns out the lights and heads to bed*

*Shad's mind*

*in the center of the maze, Shad's "other half" sits in a meditative posture as a dark aura (much smaller this time) surrounds him, slowly recovering his fatigue*

???: Unbelievable. At this rate I may never find Brisbane. That girl...she looked just like a Powerpuff Girl. Shad's friends. To think that this Bell of all people almost forced me to draw upon Shad himself, something which I REALLY tried to avoid at all costs! I really have to be careful next time. But enough of this. Why would Shad JOIN her?! Dammit, has his pain REALLY escalated that much?! Has his heart become so fogged as of what to do? What path he should take? Or is it that nightmare he had? That he's been lied to by his parents? Parents who he thought he could trust his very life with? And this Dr. X person. I take it he's the leader of this Darkstar Council. Yet he seems to be acting unusually kind to Shad. If my suspicions are correct, then Shad sensed something...familar within him. Then there's that surge of energy. The second Shad and Bell hugged after sharing their innermost thoughts, something got...created. Even now I can see blurred events that don't seem to belong in Shad's memory.

Girl's voice: Aren't you Shad?

*??? turns around and sees a little girl with flowing cloud-white hair and wearing a white nightgown floating half a foot off the black floor*

???: Waugh! IT'S YOU!! *hastily stands up and tries to summon his dark aura, but to no avail* Uh-oh.

Bell: Shad, are you feeling okay?

???: Wait a minute. *notices that Bell is floating, when the maze security obviously forbids flying, let alone floating* How are you...why are you...

Bell: Wait...*takes a closer look at ???* those red eyes...I knew it! No wonder Shad couldn't remember attacking me! He didn't attack me at all!

???: *stunned* Madness! I didn't even SENSE her presence! How did you get here?!

Bell: Not until I get some answers. First off, who are you?!

???: Great! It's last year with the Powerpuffs all over again! A dream guardian.

Bell: Liar! I heard what you were saying before.

???: How much?

Bell: Something about some guy called Brisbane and almost everything else. As for me, I was drawn to this place...somehow.

???: Wait, you mean you didn't come here on your own?!

Bell: Well I had this feeling that I should come here. Where's Shad?

???: Somewhere in this maze. But you must be careful, for like every...

Bell: Never mind, I'll find him myself.

*and on those terms, Bell takes flight high above the maze and soars forward*

???: Complete and utter craziness! It's as if she has full permission to break all the rules of a maze! What kind of Powerpuff Girl is she?! What if she were strong enough to...*eyes lit up wide* THE DOOR!!

*27 minutes later*

*Bell stops at what appears to be the end of the maze: A big dull silver door which, unlike the bigger, dark slate gray door the girls found while hopping inside Shad's mind a year ago, didn't have any locks*

Bell: Hello! Shad, are you in here? *no answer* Is anyone inside?

*Bell knocks on the door. Upon doing so, it slowly opens up, revealing a seemingly infinite amount of white light behind it*

Bell: What's that? Maybe Shad is in here. *takes a few steps back, and runs toward the open door until...*

*just in front of the dark slate gray door (with even more locks), a small black piller rises out of the ground, then opens up as ??? comes out of it*

???: Strange. Bell didn't come here. I guess that saves me the trouble to...

*a loud WHOOSH sound stops him mid-sentence as a white-light pillar erupts from another part of the maze*

???: What on Earth?!

*??? shadow-warps to the source of it all. When he gets there, the pillar of light is already gone, the silver door closes...and Bell is nowhere to be found*

*behind the door, Bell stands in what seems to be nowhere. Her entire surroundings are white, as if she's in purgatory*

Bell: What just happened? Shad, where are you?

*the surrounding begin to become more clear. The white hue starts to give away to windows, couches, a recliner, and a spiral staircase. As the light gets dimmer until finally...it resembles that of a living room. Only everything is in black and white! And to top it all off, Bell is transparent*

Bell: Huh? What's this place? Is this part of the maze?

Man's voice: And...we're set!

Bell: Where'd that come from? *looks at the spiral staircase* Up there?

*Bell floats to the top floor and sees a long hallway. On the left there's 2 doors and on the right there's 2 doors as well. And at the end of the hallway is an open metal door. Bell flies to the door and goes inside. She sees lots upon lots of security consoles, buttons, wires, knobs, screens which seemed to show every room in the house (even the front door), and finally, below the screens, are 4 spherical consoles with keys in their slots. In front of the whole system are 3 adults: A somewhat short man with short black hair wearing a lab coat, a much taller woman with a bathrobe on, and the tallest one of them all...a man who appears to resemble Adric Utonium wearing a lab coat with an X at the lower left side.

Dimitri: So...this is it Cranston?

Cranston: Precisely. Your key codes are now set. Feel free to take them out now.

Claire: *takes her key out* Thank you, but isn't all this a bit much?

Dimitri: *takes his key out as well* Claire, you know Townsville has a few problems involving...crime. It's for the best for us all.

Cranston: I assure you this is only temporary. Once my plan is put into action, you won't have to keep looking over your shoulder every 4 seconds on the streets. *takes out his key* Now just one more.

Claire: *takes out the last key* I'll get it to him. *runs to the first door on the left*

Dimitri: Be my guest.

Bell: Hey, I'm right here. Why doesn't anyone see me? *waves in front of Dimitri, who doesn't take notice*

Dimitri: Why do you still work for that man?

Cranston: That man presides over the only organization that acknowledges my plan. I calculated every detail. The sweep will not fail! But I understand why you chose to resign.

Claire's voice: He's here!

Bell: Huh?

*Bell turns around and sees Claire bringing a small boy to the operating room. The boy looked no older then 4, wearing glasses, and a very familiar spiky fringe to his hair*

Cranston: So Shad...what do you think?

Bell: *gasps* SHAD?! How did he get so...he looks so...what is all this?!

Shad: What is all that Mr. Utonium?

Cranston: That...*waves his hand around all the gizmos*...is all the things that will keep you safe. The key in your hand. Make sure you never lose it. Keep it with you and no bad people will get in here. Understand?

Shad: Okay. Thank you Mr. Utonium.

Bell: Wait...Utonium. Isn't that the guy who...

*the entire surrounding area goes white again, engulfing everything except Bell*

Bell: Huh? What's going on?!

*the white light everywhere turns to darkness, as Bell's eyelids get heavier and heavier until she collapses. In a few minutes, she finally opens her eyes, the first thing coming into view is a short green alien holding Gir, who shakes Bell awake*

Bell: Zim?

Zim: All repaired and good as new! Now don't bother me again or I'll fire Gir!

Bell: You wouldn't!

Gir: BOOM!!

Zim: *looks down on Shad, fast asleep* Filthy earth monkey. Why would Dr. X let him remain here?!

Bell: Don't know. Maybe he'll tell us tomorrow.

Zim: Uh...I guess. Good night. Have DOOMY dreams! I know I will! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! *exits the room*

Bell: Weird as usual. Good night Girly.

Gir: Bed bugs bite me!

End of Chapter 15!

Yep. Something definitely didn't seem right when Bell broke a few rules in that maze. Speculate and guess and point out clues and...stuff.
Last edited by Shadowed State of Mind on Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! w00t Chapter 15 is UP!

Postby Keeper » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:31 pm

Great update. :)

Bell sure has the upper hand with that maze. ^_^

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:15 am

You mastered Gir and Zim alright ^^

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:34 am

I did? Well that's good to know. ^_^

Added after 2 hours 23 minutes:

Chapter 16:

*Black Eden (Bell's room) 8:04AM*

*Bell is in the bathroom tidying herself up as Shad is still asleep. Gir squirts toothpaste all over said bathroom*

Shad: *wakes up and yawns* Where am...oh yeah. Black Eden. Wonder if the sun is up. *takes a look outside*

Bell: Girly, don't squirt that!

Gir: But it's space food! *squirts some in his mouth* Minty!

Bell: I wonder if Shad is awake ye...

Shad: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Bell: Shad!

*Bell flies out of the room and heads toward the lab/dome exit. At the large opened door, Shad looks up at the dark sky in shock*

Bell: What is it? What happened?!

Shad: It's...it's...

Bell: Did those Cluster agents scare you?

Shad: The...the...

Bell: You had a nightmare and wet the mattress?

Shad: NO! It's still nighttime! *shuts the door*

Bell: *topples over, then gets back up* That's it?! It's always nighttime here! This place is called Black Eden for a reason!

Shad: You mean there's no sun?

Bell: No. Sorry, I forgot to tell you.

Shad: Those Cluster robots don't look scary.

Bell: And you wet yourself when you saw my daddy?! He's shaped like a human!

Shad: He has EYES on his CHEST!!

Bell: But you don't freak out when you see kai...ugh! I guess you didn't have a nightmare this time. You were dreaming about yourself being little. Well, more little.

Shad: No I wasn't.

Bell: You weren't?! But I saw you! You were in a house!

Shad: You weren't in my dream. *saddened tone* Bubbles was in it...again.

Bell: You actually miss them?

Shad: Only a tiny bit. *hears a humming sound from the door*

Security system: Retina scan confirmed. Identity: Samantha. You may enter.

*the door automatically swings open, revealing Samantha carrying a set of clothes*

Bell: Good morning Sammy.

Samantha: Morning Bell.

Shad: Hey...are you one of those Cluster guys? How come she's a human and the others are robots?

Samantha: You must be Shad. Dr. X told me to give these to you. *gives clothes to Shad*

Shad: These are mine?

Bell: Cool! It's made of dyneema fabric!

Shad: Dyneema fabric? What's that?

Samantha: It's your new garb seeing as you're one of us now. You can't keep wearing that dorky school uniform forever you know. So go on. Let's see how it looks.

Shad: Be right back. Thank you...Samantha? That's your name?

Samantha: Hey, good guess there!

*Shad heads back into Bell's room and lays out his new clothes on the bed. It consists of a long-sleeved slate gray shirt with a black stripe that made ring around the stomach area and even comes with a detachable hood. The pants are basically jeans. Jeans as black as obsidian*

Shad: Hey...why does the shirt have a black stripe around it?

*Megasville Elementary 9:20PM*

*it's a very cloudy day outside, despite that weather reports claim that it won't rain today. It's currently reading time. The students are to read an excerpt of Romeo and Juliet and answer the questions at the end. One of which happened to me a short summary question. Obviously, due to what happened the previous day, the students were lightly chatting to each other about the incident with the lava-raptors and Bell. Buttercup was more curious as to why Ms. Meryl had to pick such an excerpt. Dexter seemed unusually sleepy, Otto was just scanning through his paragraph, Blossom was already finished, and Bubbles just sat there next to the window, gazing out at the dull gray clouds*

Dexter: *yawns*

Otto: *whispers* Dex, you pulled an all-nighter?

Dexter: Something of the sort.

Otto: *whispers* What for? You're the smartest one here.

Dexter: Not homework and studying. I was looking into...

Ms. Meryl: Time's up! *bell rings* Oh well, we'll discuss this tomorrow. Take out your math books; I'll be right back. *exits the room*

Buttercup: Greeeeeeeeat. Math!

Blossom: Zip it, you've been doing pretty good. You got a C- last time.

Otto: Blossom, a little help. *points to Dexter, fast asleep with his head on his math book.

Blossom: What happened to him?

Otto: No idea. He said he was doing research. Didn't say what, though.

Blossom: Hold his nose.

Otto: He snores through his mouth.

Blossom: Hmm. Hey Bubbles, how about giving us a hand?

Bubbles: ....................

Blossom: Earth to Bubbles. Need help here!

Bubbles: ...................

Buttercup: Aren't you listening?! *goes to Bubbles' seat* Leader girl's calling you! You can look at the stupid clouds after...

Bubbles: *snaps out of it* Huh? What? Sorry, I was just...thinking.

Buttercup: Thinking? About wha...*elbowed in the ribs* Augh!

Blossom: Shush!

Dexter: *wakes up* Did math class start yet?

Blossom: Wait 2 more minutes. You sure you okay?

Dexter: Just give me a few hours.

Blossom: What were you doing last night anyway?

Dexter: Research. I'll tell you at lunchtime.

*Black Eden (lab/dome) 10:03AM*

Samantha: Geez, what's taking him so long?

Bell: Even Girly would've been done faster.

Gir: Meep-meep!

Shad's voice: Can I come out now?

Samantha: You done?

Shad's voice: Sort of. But the reason why I took so long...

Samantha: Finally!

*the door to Bell's room opens and out walks Shad himself: in his new garb of a dark slate gray shirt with a black stripe that made ring around the stomach area, a detachable hood and black jeans*

Samantha: Now THAT'S style!

Shad: Yeah...I guess. But why does it have a black stripe? I kinda feel like a...

Bell: Powerpuff?

Samantha: So you like them or what?

Shad: It fits so well. Like...Mr. X made it just for me. I didn't even need to ask him my sizes or anything.

Bell: That is weird. Of course when daddy made me I came with this dress.

Shad: About that...why do you dress like a Powerpuff Girl? And how did Mr. X make you?

Bell: I'm not too sure myself. But like I said, I came with this dress.

Shad: Are you all sugar, spice and everything nice? What's your main ingredient?

Samantha: Whoa! That came out of left field. Are you feeling alrig...

Commander Destruction's voice: *coming from outside the lab/dome* NOT POSSIBLE!!

Samantha: Destruction?

Shad: Uh-oh!

Bell: What?

Shad: I gotta use the bathroom! *runs to Bell's room*

Bell: Just make sure you catch up with us! C'mon Girly.

Gir: Giddymau!

*Bell and Samantha exit the dome and rush towards the monitor section. They see Dr. X, Zim, and the rest of the Cluster kaijins watching footage of the fight between Bell and Shad/???. All the way up to when Bell took him with her*

Nool: This...this is absurd!!

Master Kuwagus: How can a mere HUMAN be capable of that kind of power?!

Dr. X: *shuts down the monitor* So...any objections?

Count Montray III: I suppose you mean if we have any questions. How did this Shad Staydamind obtain those powers?

Dr. X: I'm afraid I can't answer that. Only that not even he is aware of what power he harbors. Power that, once he learns to trigger it, will jumpstart our plans tremendously.

Samantha: Hey! There was a council meeting and we weren't invited?!

Zim: *turns around* That's because YOU failed to answer the quiet ringing of...ringing!

Samantha: That's because I didn't have it on me you weirdo. And it's called a silent alarm!

Nool: Enough of this. Samantha, as you already know, this white-haired human is staying with us. Apparently we've been convinced...in a way.

Bell: In case you guys didn't notice, that wasn't Shad.

Silkoid: Say what?

Samantha: What are you talking about? From what we just saw it looks like Shad can kick some ass after all. He even gave you a run for your money.

Bell: Humph. Believe whatever you want. Shad wasn't himself that time, let's just leave it at that. *hears footsteps*

Shad's voice: Hey, wait up! *Shad catches up to Bell and the rest*

Samantha: Just in time...I think.

Commander Destruction: *steps forth to Shad* Greetings Shad Staydamind. I am Commander Destruction of the Darkstar Council. I look forward to seeing more of what you can do.

Shad: More? More what?

Nool: No need to feign ignorance. Dr. X showed us pristine footage of your skills. A little fine-tuning and you'll be a fine asset.

Shad: Skills? What skills?

Master Kuwagus: Cease your stupidity! Your powers! How did you obtain them?!

Shad: Oh! Wait...how did you know about this? *sticks out his index finger as it glows a shining silver* I thought it only does this when there's a cut but now I can use it anytime! And it can glow now! *waves the finger left and right, leaving behind bright streaks of silver*

Bell: You have powers?

Shad: Just this one. I think I got it in that accident last year.

Silkoid: But what about your other powers?

Shad: What other powers?

Nool: Ebony Blaze? And your shadow-warping powers? We have footage of you using...

Dr. X: Everyone's dismissed.

Nool: He doesn't even belie...

Dr. X: I said you are dismissed!

Nool: Complete and utter...*he and the rest of the kaijins leave*

Zim: Fools! Come back! Can't you see the earth monkey is filled with LIES?! Burning white-hot melting LIES!!

Dr. X: Idiot. Shad, how are your new clothes?

Shad: Comfy. But how did you know I was a size 5 for my shirt?

Dr. X: Just a quick guess. Nool gave me some assistance.

Shad: You mean that big robot praying mantis? What was he saying anyway? Ebony Blaze? What's that? A video game?

Bell: Daddy, can I speak with Shad alone for a few minutes?

Dr. X: I suppose there won't be any harm in that.

Shad: Talk about what? *pulled away*

Bell: About how you got that power. See you later Sammy! *retreats back to the dome with Shad in tow*

Samantha: Later Bell. *to Dr. X* Okay, what's the deal? Does Shad have short-term memory or something?

Dr. X: You can call it that. Do you not trust my words?

Samantha: Yeah, I believe you. I'm just wondering if Bell does.

End of Chapter 16.
Last edited by Shadowed State of Mind on Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Keeper » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:39 pm

Looking forward to ther rest there, Shad. :)

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:35 pm

Chapter 16 complete!

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! w00t Chapter 16 is UP!

Postby Keeper » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:55 pm

Man I have the same thoughts, Samantha. :unsure:

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:15 pm

Oh, hey, dyneema! Nice reference!

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:28 pm

Damn. I forgot to say: Dyneema fabric courtesy of Griddles. Credit goes to him for that.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:33 pm

Chapter 17:

*Megasville Elementary (cafeteria) 11:30PM*

Otto: Okay, first things first. What were you researching last night?

Dexter: The Global Defenders.

Buttercup: Global Defenders? You mean...

Otto: Yeah. That's the organization Dimitri worked for...well, used to work for from what he said.

Dexter: Precisely. Blossom, you claim that you "dreamed" of their base, so to speak?

Blossom: Me, Bubbles and Buttercup. Why?

Dexter: Well let's just discuss what we know now: Soon after Shad decided to stay at your home a year ago you started having these visionbursts. All of them have one thing in common: They took place at the Global Defenders.

Buttercup: But we were in Shad's old memories or whatever and he doesn't even remember any of that!

Blossom: Not to mention we didn't even see him in those memories.

Dexter: That we're aware of, although I can't seem to understand why. Secondly, you recall odd things about Claire?

Blossom: Along with the weird things she gave us. She has bubble soap that cleans AND heals you!

Buttercup: So she has healing powers and keep trying to tell Shad that but...you get it.

Dexter: I see.

Otto: Enough with reviewing! How did your "research" go?

Dexter: I had to hack inside of course. The URL itself is encrypted. Took me the first half of the night just to get in. It only got harder from there.

Blossom: What did you find?

Dexter: Not too much. My suspicions about the organization were right all along. Global Defenders is a currently top-secret organization dedicated to thwarting evil. The one who presides all of it is...Dr. Brisbane.

Bubbles: That's the same man Shaddy mentioned!

Otto: Mentioned?

Bubbles: Remember last year he got kidnapped? After he was saved he told us what dream he had. But...

Otto: It wasn't a dream. We know.

Bubbles: But we didn't tell you what he told us! He said the same man called Biskane or whatever he's called told him that Mrs. Staydamind got her healing powers by taking the Chemical X on her own! At that base!

Dexter: Really?! At least this answers a few questions.

Buttercup: But what about that thing she said yesterday before Dimitri got all peeved?

Blossom: That...wait a minute! She said Shad DIDN'T get those powers from the accident a year ago!

Dexter: That's what doesn't seem to make sense. If Claire had her healing powers passed on to Shad, who somehow got those powers elsewhere but doesn't even realize it, then...just how did he get those other powers he...er...his "other half" used during that siege yesterday?

Blossom: That's the part that doesn't add up. We think whomever kidnapped Shad in the first place had something to do with it. If what he "dreamed" was accurate, it might've been someone from Global Defenders.

Otto: But why did they take him? It's not like we even know what triggers those powers, or his "other half" for that matter.

Dexter: Come to think of it, there was a restricted section of the Global Defenders website. The second I even approached the firewall, my supercomputer crashed! But I do remember seeing 2 peculiar words.

Otto: And those words are?

Dexter: Berserker Revolt. I was probably close to getting some information until I was thrown out. It took the second half of the night getting it back up. By the time I did that the sun was up and...you know.

Blossom: Berserker Revolt. By the sound of that, something bad must've happened at the Global Defenders.

Dexter: Who knows? Yet if Dimitri worked over there and Claire got her powers at that same organization...how does Shad fit into all this?

*meanwhile, at Black Eden (Bell's room) 11:40PM*

Bell: So it WAS Chemical X!

Shad: Yep. In that accident when I was...

Bell: Trying to save your doll?

Shad: *blushes* How did you know?! I didn't even say why I went out there yet!

Bell: You always have it with you. Do you still like Bubbles?

Shad: I...it's jus...a little.

Bell: Oh. When did you find out you have that...finger thing?

Shad: I've been thinking about that. I know it's from the accident, but I never believed the Powerpuffs...up until now that is! If they were right all this time then mommy and daddy really did lie to me! WHY?!

Bell: Shad. When you first woke up, you said that daddy's voice sounded familiar to you. How?

Shad: I don't know. It reminded me of when...he used to visit. In fact, up until I woke up this morning I didn't remember much about him.

Bell: What do you remember?

Shad: He was my godfather! Or something. I don't know what that means, but it probably means I have 2 daddies. I bet the godfather one isn't a liar!

Bell: Um...okay. Earlier you took a long time to get your new clothes on. What happened?

Shad: Just...thinking about stuff. Past stuff.

Bell: Oh...that.

Shad: What are you made of?

Bell: Where'd that come from?! I think my main ingredient is...um...a white lilac. At least I think so. Why were you asking that all of a sudden earlier?

Shad: Oh...I thought you were sugar, spice and everything nice all together. Is there Chemical X here?

Bell: What?! Yeah, but what do you...

Shad: Not for me! For...I probably shouldn't say. It's crazy and might not turn out right...but I...I was wondering...is there some way we can get the Powerpuffs to join us?

Bell: *shakes head left and right* No. Daddy really wants the Powerpuffs gone. He thinks after they're dead all the other superheroes won't be much of a threat.

Shad: How did Mr. X know my name anyway? And I get this weird feeling that "Mr. X" isn't his real name.

Bell: That's the thing. I don't know.

Shad: Say Bell...the more friends, the better. Right?

Bell: What's gotten into you? You seemed a bit gloomier then normal ever since you woke up. Are you sure you didn't have another nightmare?

Shad: No! I'm...just curious. Bell...can you keep a secret?

Bell: That depends.

Shad: Please don't get mad. *whispers into Bell's ear* So? Is it a good idea?

Bell: WHAT?! ARE YOU...oops, sorry. Sorry. Shouldn't have done that, but C'MON!! What if daddy finds out?!

Shad: Then I'll ask him! I can't take it anymore!! I have a new friend, but this hurt...it still won't go away!

Bell: I don't know what it's like in your shoes, but don't you think this is a little...nuts?

Shad: I guess. But I have to try at least once. *stares down at his Bubbles plushie* I just have to. Bubbles was the only one I actually felt so happy with. I want to be with her, but...I don't want her to leave me again. So this is the only way. If it doesn't turn out right, then... *sniff*

Bell: Are you crying?

Shad: No...okay, just a little. I've felt like doing so every time I think about the times I had with the Powerpuffs.

Bell: So that's why you took so long. You...

Shad: Can we *sniff* stop now? *hears banging on the door*

Bell: I'll get it. *opens the door* Daddy?

Dr. X: Bell. Shad. Follow me. And leave your little toy behind.

*Bell and Shad (leaving his Bubbles plushie in the room, although really hesitant to do so) follow Dr. X through the large lab just outside Bell's room and out of the dome. They stop right in a part of the woods of Black Eden, the lights in the biomechanical trees providing some reasonable illumination. Dr. X and Shad stop there as Bell sits on a stump*

Dr. X: Welcome to your first training session Shad.

Bell: Training?! But...

Dr. X: Bell stay put! Shad come forth.

Shad: Weird. All of a sudden I feel so...calm. Just a little bit, but still. *walks toward Dr. X and stops right in front of him* Mr. X, what can I do? All I have are...

Dr. X: Healing capabilities? Yes, I'm well aware of that. But that is only what you think.

Shad: Huh?

Dr. X: You harbor a great pain in your heart that is engulfing you piece by piece, robbing you of your self-confidence, thus making you feel weak. Reminiscing about your past friendship with the Powerpuff Girls only seems to make you long for a companion who will never leave your side.

Bell: Daddy! You were spying on us?!

Dr. X: Technically, I was eavesdropping.

Bell: How much?

Dr. X: Enough that I needed to know sans whatever it was Shad was whispering.

Shad: *gulp*

Dr. X: You long to be with the Powerpuff Girls yet again, but you fear that they will abandon you again. So why do you reminisce? Is it not the very memories of that time which bring you pain to your very heart? That their supernatural abilities pale in comparison to yours, making you feel weak?

Shad: Yeah. At one point, I was a bit jealous of them!

Dr. X: A true companion will never leave your side. He/She sooth this pain. Perhaps you should be partnered with someone who seems to understand your situation. Someone who has lost someone dear to her as well.

Bell: Grrr. *clenches her fist as she glares angrily at Dr. X*

Dr. X: You are not weak Shad. As I said, you harbor a great pain deep within your heart. You can turn that pain... *raises fist* into POWER!!

Shad: Pain...into power?

Dr. X: Pick a tree. Any tree.

Shad: *points at one* That one?

Dr. X: Yes, that will do. Now let the pain well up inside you. Think of how the girls abandoned you just when you experienced an emotion that once made you experienced...true happiness. And when you were lied to by those you you trusted the most.

Shad: How did you...wait...they did leave me. For a whole year I kept to myself even more as the hurt grew bigger. Mommy and daddy tried to help me, but nothing work. Figures, since they're all big liars anyway. Saying how I didn't have any powers and now look!

Dr. X: Excellent. Now stare at the tree, direct all your hate towards it, and shout out the words: Ebony Blaze.

Shad: Ebony Blaze. *nothing happens*

Bell: Not yet. Why do I have a bad feeling about this...training?

Dr. X: Bigger! Salvage out all the hatred you buried all this time! Let it consume you as you release it! Let it all out in the form of power!!

Shad: *grunts, as he sees quick images of Dimitri and Claire telling him he never had abilities...in other words: lies* Ebony Blaze!

Dr. X: Almost there Shad! Almost!

*Shad continues to struggle as he lets his own hatred engulf him even more. Soon, a small dark aura starts to seep out of his very shadow as it starts to swirl around him*

Bell: *sees the dark aura and feels a shiver down her spine* NOW!!

Shad: *angered* EBONY BLAAAAAAAAZE!!!!!!

*a stream of black fire shoots out of his shadow and engulfs the tree, overloading the bio-mechanics within. The inferno stops, leaving nothing but mere cinders. The dark aura around Shad then sinks back into his shadow*

Shad: *bends down, panting* What...was...

Bell: No way...he did it on his own!

Dr. X: Excellent Shad. Your training ends for now.

Shad: *shaking* H-h-h-how did I d-d-d-do that? First I felt sadder, sadder, then for a quick second I was...angry?

Dr. X: You see now? You can release this pain into power. Reflect your suffering back at those who have caused it.

Shad: *gasps* What?! Mommy and daddy may be liars, but the Powerpuffs...

Dr. X: Is something wrong Shad?

Shad: Just a little tired. Can I ask you a question first?

Dr. X: Go on.

Shad: Can't we let the Powerpuffs join us instead? For whatever this Darkstar Council does?

Dr. X: Absolutely not! They are pests to us! And this Council has no use for pests!

Shad: Yeah...I get it. I think. *all of a sudden, he collapses*

Bell: SHAD! *carries him over her shoulder and flies back to the dome*

Dr. X: Hmm...perhaps he's not ready. *turns to the cinders left behind by the black fire* Yet on his first try he demonstrated that with a little more...practice, he may be just as powerful as Bell. Or perhaps, considering such pent-up negative emotions that haunt his heart... he may become even stronger.

End of Chapter 17!

Anyone wishes to take a guess as to what Shad's thinking about doing?

Added after 2 hours 54 minutes:

Chapter 17 completed!

Re: Dual Minds Think Alike! w00t Chapter 17 is UP!

Postby Keeper » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:17 pm

Man, Shad really can make some use of that pain. :shock:

Also I'm guessing that he's thinking of... what the next update will be. :P

PreviousNext

Return to Literature