SSoM's fic thread. Hidden Angels. Chapter 11 is UP! (70%)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby LinkG07 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:54 pm

The reason for my script writing is to get a better feel of the environment, to actually know how it feels to see what they are doing. I love being in the experience...

Re: The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind. YES! A title! :w0

Postby Material Defender » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:56 pm

I actually was going off after they had entered the room, It is realitiveling Diffucult to properly describe a room in Script Format. As a piece of Lituture, I find Shaekspere hard to read unless in Paragraph format.

Postby LinkG07 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:59 pm

That's cool with me... the reason why I don't write in paragraph form is cause, Its hard to ead it with the wrods all clumped together like that... I never really liked reading, so I decided to make it into script cause I thought it would be more fun... and it is...

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:18 pm

Never liked reading yet you like writing? An overall weird combination if you ask me. And get that bloody tampon off you! It's offending my eyes! o.O Anyway, this chapter will be the same as this tampon tagging...without the tampon!

Chapter 4a: Doomed to dodgeball.

*no attacks on Townsville yet. Now it's recess at Pokey Okes Kindergarden. And things might be going well for Shad...or so it seems*

*dodgeball hits Shad, who's looking a bit more drowzy then usual*

Shad: OW!

Mitch: Ha ha! You're out Shad!

Blossom: Not fair Mitch! He wasn't even looking.

Mitch: So what if he was? It's dodgeball.

Bubbles: Time out! *walks over to Shad*

Shad(speaking in a sleepy-like voice): Why am I doomed to dodgeball? I always get hit.

Bubbles: Ms. Keane says you had to. Ooh, you look real tired. Weren't you asleep at naptime?

Shad: A little.

Bubbles: Have you ever played dodgeball?

Shad: Can't remember when, but there was this one time I always run from the ball. Until I got tired and hit me after I stop. And I always got picked last on every game.

AN: Sorry if this isn't much. I'll finish this later.

Added after 5 hours 22 minutes:

Bubbles: Picked last? Okay, how about I start this game over?

Shad: You can do that?

Bubbles: Of course! In fact, I'll make you a teammate of the best dodgeball player EVER!

Shad: Really? Who?

Bubbles: Hold on. *Bubbles goes over to Buttercup and tells her something. Shad couldn't hear from where he's standing but he heard Buttercup shout something he couldn't quite make out. Bubbles comes back to Shad*

Shad: Buttercup is the best dodgeball player?

Bubbles: Yep. She barely ever loses. I was asking if she can be on the team but I don't think she'll let you.

Shad: What team?

Bubbles: The Powerpuff Team! Me, Blossom and Buttercup. Mitch has his own team too. Every few recesses we play dodgeball. And we always win, even without using our powers. *Blossom steps in*

Blossom: Of course that's because we're not allowed to use our powers. Buttercup can get a bit too full of herself and have Mitch choose extra players...just to "spice things up" as she says it.

Shad: Spice things up? What does that mean?

Bubbles: Maybe because spice is her ingreadiant.

Shad: Okay, but I still don't know why she won't let me join the team. *Buttercup comes forth, holding a round red ball*

Buttercup: Gee, I don't know. Maybe because you're a WIMP! You didn't even try to move.

Blossom: Buttercup!

Buttercup: Hey. He knows I'm right.

Shad: Of course you're right. I was never good at this stuff. Can you teach me?

Buttercup: Hmm?

Shad: Teach me how to be good at dodgeball.

Bubbles: Can you Buttercup? Pleeeeease?

Buttercup: Why? I'm not that good at teaching stuff and even if I was, he wouldn't keep up.

Blossom: But he's our class partner now. You have to do something.

Bubbles: Class partner? I thought he was our friend.

Blossom: Class partner=friend. Same thing.

Buttercup: Fine fine fine! C'mon, Shad. I'll see what I can do. Mitch!

Mitch: What? What is it?

Buttercup: Feel free to warm up for a few minutes.

Mitch: We already did. Isn't that right Shad?

Shad: .......

Blossom: Gee. Last I checked throwing balls at him when he was too sleepy to defend himself dosen't qualify as training.

Bubbles: Yeah! And when Shaddy is done practicing with Buttercup he'll become the next greatest dodgeball player EVER! He'll beat you more then once! He'll beat you more then you can count! And he'll beat you before he beats you before he beats you more then you can count and then be beaten more then once! And he bets all his art stuff on you being beaten before you can be beaten!

Blossom, Buttercup and Shad: :ogle: :ogle: :ogle: :ogle: >.@

Mitch: ............ :ogle: I'd beat him if any of that made sense! So I get to keep is little doodles if my team wins. Deal! Might as well kiss'em good bye then. Hahahaha! *Mitch walks away*

Bubbles: Okay! Let's get you ready Shad. Shad?

Shad: *shakes*

Blossom: I got this. BUBBLES WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?!?! :angry: We only have 10 minutes before the game starts and Shad barely knows how to play well! How can he get as good as Buttercup before then, HUH?!

Buttercup: Hey, if he at least keeps up he'll do just fine. C'mon Shad. Shad?

Shad: *.........faints*

Blossom and Bubbles: SHAD!

End of Chapter 4a. (To be continued)

Added after 3 minutes:

Chapter 4 will be a 2-3 parter, depending on how things turn out. Hence the "4a."
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby LinkG07 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:49 pm

Nice dude... keep it up...

Hey one ? though...

What made you choose script writing instead of the orginal style??

Postby Keeper » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:55 pm

Same here? :unsure:

But other than that. Keep it going dude! w00t

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:10 pm

I take it you took another look at my trailers. I can't quite remember myself. Although it might've had something to do with constantly repeating a few certain words over and over again. That pretty much annoyed me.

Repeated words in normal style: said, replied, yelled, said, said, said, replied, replied, replied, etc.

Glad to see you got that bloody tampon off ya LinkG07.

Added after 5 minutes:

One more thing. I have a late day tomorrow at school, so I might be able to put up at least some of Chapter 4b.
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)

Postby LinkG07 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:20 am

Good to here... I'm glad...

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:10 pm

Chapter 4b: Doomed to dodgeball (part 2)

*Location: Far edge of the playground of Pokey Okes Kindergarden. What? No monsters are attacking Townsville*

*Time left until the dodgeball match: 10 minutes.*

Buttercup: Alright then. I only have 10 minutes to learn the easiest parts of dodgeball, which is everything. There will be no breaks. You will not stop until you're sweating like a tourist in a sauna and your hands are raw and red like the blood under your skin!

*Shad just stands there in front of a handball wall listening to every word while Blossom and Bubbles watch from a nearby bench*

Buttercup: Now first things first. *swipes Shad's glasses* No glasses!

Shad: Hey no fair! I can't see well without those.

Buttercup: So? You weren't wearing them at all today.

Blossom: He only wears those when he's reading.

Shad: Give them back! My mommy will yell at me if I lose them.

Bubbles: Shouldn't we help him?

Blossom: I don't know. It's a bit of rare moment but Buttercup seems to know what she's doing...I hope. :unsure:

Buttercup: Okay. You want 'em back? Heads up leader girl! *tosses glasses to Blossom* I'll keep tossing this at you 15 times. The goal is to not get hit once as it bounces off the handball wall. If you don't get it, you get your glasses back.

Shad: 15 times?

Buttercup: Wanna make it 30?

Shad: Ready.

Buttercup: Thought so. *Buttercup throws the ball at Shad (who dosen't do anything to move away) and strikes him*

Shad: OW!

Buttercup: Aw, come on! You didn't try moving...again!

Bubbles: He didn't see it!

Shad: I need my glasses. I didn't know you threw it.

Buttercup: Not good enough! *ball hits Shad again* C'mon. What's your problem? I'm practically close enough for even a toddler to dodge it!

Shad: You threw it too fast. I can still see but everything's a little bit blurry.

Buttercup: Mitch throws it slower then I did and you still got hit! Why don't you fight back? You don't even try to catch the stupid thing! Or even block it!

Bubbles: Buttercup...

Buttercup: You might as well give Mitch your drawings now you...you...*all of a sudden, Buttercup's eyes glow a bright emerald green and releases 2 streams of light headed for Shad*

Bubbles: Shad!

Blossom: Buttercup you...

*BOOM! Too late. The beams have already impacted. But when the smoke cleared, it was actually the handball wall that was hit, with a rather large dent as proof. And at the right of the dent was a very shocked and wide-eyed Shad*

Bubbles: He lives!

Blossom: Buttercup what's with you?! Shad could've been really hurt and the professor would've grounded you foreve...*bonked*

Buttercup: Sis...did you notice anything?

Blossom: Notice what?

Buttercup: *sigh* Shad? When I got frustrated and almost zapped you, what happened?

Shad: ...........I...dodged it?

Blossom: Oh. Oooh. I get it now.

Bubbles: So do I...wait, no I don't.

Shad: I didn't really try to defend myself because I thought that dodgeballs didn't really hurt that much. Well they do, but when you almost zapped me I got really scared and my legs seemed to have moved by themselves.

Buttercup: Duh! Why didn't I figure it out? It's fear! If you get really scared, you act on...um...what did the professor call it? Oh yeah: Instinct!

AN: Chapter to be continued when I get back on.

Added after 1 hours:

*Time left until dodgeball match: 7 minutes*

Blossom: Looked more like common sense to me. Anyone would've sidestepped away.

Buttercup: True, but if Shad here just pretends that the ball is a laser beam is about to hit him, that'll motivate him into dodging it.

Bubbles: I hope Buttercup's right about this. She's pushing him too far.

Blossom: Didn't you already do that when you spoke in his place and wagered his art projects?

Bubbles: Sorry. :( I was just trying to help.

Buttercup: That wasn't your fault Bubbles. It was Shad's!

Shad: How?

Buttercup: Couldn't you at least open your big yap? Mitch just went ahead and insulted you by calling you a punching bag. Okay, he didn't say that but he implied it...Am I using the word 'implied' right? Anyway, if you just said SOMETHING back then Bubbles didn't have to make some stupid bet. At least I think it was a bet because I didn't even understand a word she said.

Bubbles: Hey!

Blossom: She's right you know.

Shad: I was scared. And sleepy.

Buttercup: Sleepy, I can cope with...

Blossom: Really, she can. She's always the last one awake and thinks it's Saturday every day. We almost come to school late a few times because of her since she always plays her Game Boy...

Buttercup: SHADDAP! As I was saying, sleepy, I can cope with. Scared is something different. If you want to stop being scared, then face whatever's scaring you even if you are afraid because that's the ONLY way you can stop being afraid. It worked for me. It worked for Blossom. It has yet to work on Bubbles. The first thing you have to do to is at least beat Mitch in dodgeball. Me and my sisters can't make you promise to win, but at least make one promise to US that you fight back whenever someone picks on you or something. They badmouth you, you talk back to them.

Shad: ........................................Okay. I...I promise. I'll try to not be so scared anymore. I feel much better now. Maybe I can do this!

Blossom: Wow. That's the longest time Buttercup spoke since...ever.

Buttercup: Okay now. All this yammering cost us about 3 more minutes of practice, so let's make this quick. Remember, pretend it's a laser. Ready Steady GO! *throws ball at Shad, who immedietly ducks to the ground. The ball ricochets off the handball wall and back to Buttercup*

Bubbles: It worked!

Buttercup: There you go. Now do that 14 more times.

Shad: Right!

*Buttercup constantly throws the ball while Shad ducks and sidesteps away from it. He got hit a few times but he quickly got back on his feet and ducked some more until he got hit-free all 15 times*

*Time left until dodgeball match: 2 minutes*

Shad: I did it! I did it! *jumps up and down*

Buttercup: Yeah yeah. Just stop hopping like it. It's embarrasing.

Blossom: C'mon Buttercup. Just look at him. *glides over to Shad and gives back his glasses* Don't put them back on though.

???: Hey! What's keeping ya? *the PPG and Shad turn around to see Mitch and a few other of his teammates at the center of the playground*

Buttercup: Yeah yeah we're coming. Lead the way leader girl.

Blossom: Just one problem: You forgot to teach Shad how to THROW the ball properly!

*Time until dodgeball match: 0 minutes*

Buttercup: What? It's not my fault Shadowed State of Mind made us only practice for 10 minutes.

Blossom: BUTTERCUP YOU FU...*4th wall shatters*

End of Chapter 4b (to be conlcuded...the dodgeball match, not the whole fic)

Dammit. Now I gotta rebuild this thing. *stares at shards of 4th wall* Way to go Buttercup. :brickwall:

Postby Keeper » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:00 pm

Great work ShadowM. w00t
Can't wait for the rest. :snoogins:

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:35 pm

I should get Chapter 4c up tomorrow. For now, I'll point out a little reference in my own fic.

Ready Steady GO: 2nd Opening Theme for Full Metal Alchemist. God I like that song. Then again, I've been a bit emamored with J-pop as of late.

Is emamored a word?

Postby Keeper » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:39 pm

*checks dictionary.* Hmmmmmm.
Yep. Except it's spelled eNamored.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:58 pm

Oh. Enamored then. Thought I made that word up myself all this time. How's the FMA reference?

Well, not a reference to the show but the song for the show.

Postby Keeper » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:02 pm

I find the song very catchy and awesome. But this is coming to one of FMA's fans. ^_^

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:05 pm

Funny thing is when I was typing up Buttercup's little speech the song just popped into my head. That prompted me to at least put in the title.

Of course, Buttercup just had to ruin the moment by breaking the 4th wall! Don't worry, I'm halfway done rebuilding it.

Postby Keeper » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:08 pm

I still don't get that "4th wall" thing. Does it mean she ruin your chance to make chapter 4? Sorry I'm slow at this stuff sometimes. SOMETIMES!

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:18 pm

I guess you can say that. When she just said that I chose not to give them enough practice time, the 4th wall shattered.

In short, fanfic characters (and all characters in general) aren't supposed to know that their every move and every event was coordinated. If they find that out(like Buttercup did...somehow), the 4th wall is broken and at times, all hell breaks loose afterwards. (hence Blossom's overangered state)

Of course in this case, it can be used for comedic purposes. It's only funny if one can understand the nature of the 4th wall. I was wondering why you weren't laughing.

Added after 2 minutes:

On second thought: This place should explain things a bit better.

Postby Keeper » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:19 pm

Huh. Interesting. Story and reality. That's damn right deep. :shock:

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:30 pm

Yep. Hmm. Better try to keep Buttercup in line from now on. Now how will Shad win if he hasn't even been taught how to correctly throw the damn ball? I think I know how. Hee hee.

Postby Keeper » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:32 pm

Well, I shall find out when you make the chapter. ^_^

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:39 pm

DAMMIT!! I was just almost done with the third part until I accidently clicked on a home page. Now everything's gone and I can't remember some of the stuff I typed! DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!!! :cussing: :cussing: :badday: Why do accidents happen so!?!?!? So frustrating!! Just wait a while so I can retain what little what I rememeber. That and I really gotta cool off.

Stupid stupid STUPID!! MAN!

Postby Keeper » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:43 pm

Man that's rough. Don't worry though, I had the same problem when I was working on chapters 3-5 of True Road.^^
You're not alone dude. :snoogins:

Postby Azumand The Wise » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:40 pm

Why don't you simply put it on WORD first...
"If technology will fail, humanity's survival will depend on reinvention of Honour, Courage and Sacrifice. Greed will only lead to our own destruction in the face of doom..."
-Azumand the Wise

"Curses upon thy who commit evil acts."
-Azumand the Wise

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:23 pm

I don't have Microsoft Word. Don't ask why, I don't know either.

Added after 31 seconds:

Can you e-mail me a copy?

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:01 pm

*pant pant* Good thing I'm not the only one who loses typed works. Only difference is that I usually forget what I type! Sorry if things are much shorter then they're supposed to be. Stupid memory of mine! *pant pant* Calm down calm down. I said I'd get at least one chapter done today and I'll do it. I'll just switch my Media Player on. *playing Ready Steady GO!* Much better. Although this'll take even longer now! And this Notepad will remain open to paste a few things every few minutes JUST IN CASE.

Chapter 4c: Doomed to dodgeball (part 3)

*exactly 10 minutes ago, Buttercup helped Shad practice for the upcoming dodgeball match. Due to a his slight lack of confidence (and a possible inferiority complex) Buttercup vanqished it all with a lenthy inspiring speech that we'd expect Blossom to say. How about that? Now we shall see if Shad is ready and set...even if Buttercup didn't teach him any offensive maneuvers!*

*at the playground of Pokey Okes Kindergarden, from 2 sides, 2 teams in groups of 4 march toward the center while the rest of the students watch from the benches. The first team: The Mitchmeisters! The second team: The Powerpuff Girls+1!*

Shad: Buttercup? How am I supposed to not get hit if I didn't get taught how to throw the ball good? I never threw it far enough the last time I played.

Buttercup: Okay so I goofed up. Besides, what better time to learn then during the game itself?

Blossom: But didn't you say...

Buttercup: Alright then. you only have 10 minutes to learn the easiest parts of dodgeball, which is everything.

Buttercup: I said I goofed up! What more do you want from me leader girl?

Bubbles: Don't worry Shad. Just stick with us and you'll be fine. You got the dodge part down. Just pretend the ball is something you hate.

Shad: I don't like brocelli. I tried not to eat any since the time when the brocelli aliens hypnotized our parents and the only way to save them is to eat the aliens. You and everyone else did and I was so scared I stayed home.

Bubbles: Well starting today you'll stop being scared. Mitch won't pick on you anymore after you beat him before he beats us which he won't because we'll beat him first before he can beat us and that he can't do...

Buttercup: Shut up Bubbles!

Shad: Hey. She's just trying to help. Don't yell at her. Huh? Did I just say that?

*soon, both teams finally meet at the center of the playground, with Ms. Keane as the referee*

Mitch: Well well. Look who actually showed up.

Shad: .........

Buttercup: C'mon, Shad. Talk back. *nudges Shad forward*

Mitch: What's wrong? The baby can't talk?

Shad: .....I'm not a baby! Ha! See, I can talk.

*sweat drops appear on heads of the Powerpuffs and Mitch*

Buttercup: Geez, Shad. Couldn't you just say shut up? That's something I'd expect Bubbles to say.

Ms. Keane: Okay, that's enough. The game is dodgeball. You're split into 2 teams of 4. The goal is to oust the oppossing team. There will be no kicking, hair pulling, pushing, dirt throwing, *eyes stare at the Powerpuffs on the following rule* and no use of superpowers. Anyone who's hit by the dodgeball from the oppossing team will be benched for the rest of the game. Also, the ball cannot be held by anyone for more then 5 seconds. Is all of that clear?

Powerpuff Girls+1 and Mitchmeisters: Yes Ms. Keane.

Ms. Keane: Any questions?

Shad: Ms. Keane? Who'll go first?

Ms. Keane: I'm glad you asked. *fumbles in her pocket and takes out a coin* This will decide. When I flip this, one from each team shall call out their side. Here goes. *flips coin in the air*

Buttercup: Heads!

Mitch: Tails!

*the coin continues to flip in midair until it lands on the concrete ground. The side facing upwards is...*

Mitch: Tails! HA! We go first. *takes ball from Ms. Keane*

MM teammate 2: Haha. We;re going first.

Mitch: Shaddap! I just said that.

Buttercup: Darn.

Shad: Auuuuuuu.

Buttercup: Stop whining! Maybe this'll let us see if you can dodge them for real.

Bubbles: Hope you're right Buttercup.

Blossom: Only one way to find out for sure.

Ms. Keane: Okay everyone. Stand back. On my mark. *raises whistle to mouth* Get set...and....Ready Steady GO! *blows whistle*

PreviousNext

Return to Literature