Lynx: The Academy, (T/Fanfic), Chapter 21 up (10-15-06)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Diesel Kane » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:09 pm

Lynxie wrote:Do you honestly think I would tell you (or anyone else for that matter) that I DON'T want pictures? *baps lightly* Silly.

Okie I'll be working.
MEX-I-CAN'T ~Acktoo
hey man what was that show that only gay douchebags like called again? Oh yeah, it's One Piece ~Dave

Re: Lynxie's Corner! - THE ACADEMY IS UPDATED -

Postby LynxViscount » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:12 pm

*pets Kane* Good Kane-kitty. ^_^

Postby Nebacanezzar » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:31 pm

Hey, I'm the one in kitten form. *Is still on Lynxie's head*
V The most adorable plushie ever.
Image[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby Diesel Kane » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:38 pm

But I'm the one with the kitty avatar. SO BOOYAH! More pets from Lynxie. *purrrr*
MEX-I-CAN'T ~Acktoo
hey man what was that show that only gay douchebags like called again? Oh yeah, it's One Piece ~Dave

Postby LynxViscount » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:56 pm

*pets both* No fighting, you two.

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:58 am

*can't stay mad because of petting* *purrs*
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby Material Defender » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:21 am

Gack...

Well I read it. At least, some of it.

I've never been much to compel myself to read anything here, but the latest chapters aren't half-bad, as much as the earlier ones slightly put me off. Fine work.

Though I'm going to have to run through the middle stuff eventually to understand what the fuck is going on.

Postby LynxViscount » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:17 pm

Well, thankya, MD. I like to think that I've been getting better. *shifty eyes*

Postby Material Defender » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:38 pm

I might read more later when I have nothing to do. Read the first 9 chapters. I do perfer the latest two over them, and I do feel that I have enough background to fly with now.

Re: Lynxie's Corner! -Hurray for the Lit Forum!-

Postby LynxViscount » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:35 am

*shamelessly pokes up to the first page and scurries off again*

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:35 pm

When are you going to get the next chapter done?

Postby Slick » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:53 pm

AH HA! I've been gone for so long I forgot about Lynxies story.

NOT ANYMORE!

*Adds Lynxies thread to favorites*

Now I'll see it every time I go to my folder ^_^ VICTORY!

Why didn't you just do that in the first place?

......You had to ruin the moment didn't you....

Thats my job :P

Postby LynxViscount » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:47 pm

So silly, Slickie. ^_^

YES! I'M BACK! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty – The Second Spirit

The bell chimed eleven, signaling that there was only an hour left before midnight, Christmas, and the end of the ball. The music had stopped just in time, and the dancing couples all paused and turned in unison in the direction of the sound, every face upturned as if drawn by an invisible force. No one moved until the last tone died out, and even then, the mood was a good deal tenser.

Once the music began again, Inuyasha took the opportunity to scan the ballroom. The distinct lack of Kikyo was beginning to grate his nerves, especially since the feeling that he had forgotten something important had wormed its way into his mind and was simply not letting go.

With a grunt and a shake of his head, Inu turned from the throng of people and made his way back over to Kagome, still poking around in his mind to try and figure out what was missing. She gave him a wan smile as he flopped into the chair next to her and rested a hand on her leg. She leaned forward and tilted her head sideways to look up at him, concern evident in her eyes.

“What’s wrong, Inu?” She asked, only loud enough to be heard over the music and chatter.

“Can’t shake this feeling.” he growled back, his eyes glancing over the assembly again. “We’re forgetting something, I know it. But what the hell is it?”

His bare foot began tapping a restless beat on the wooden floor, his scowl becoming deeper and deeper with every passing moment. Kagome sighed and leaned back again, her eyes falling shut. “Go ask the others then. Maybe they can help you.”

His head snapped to look at her, his agitation momentarily fading into worry. She seemed distant and tired…

With a murmur of apology and a reassuring squeeze of her leg, he got up and stalked off to find Kouga, leaving Kagome with her thoughts once more. She opened her eyes again to watch him leave, for a moment before glancing back down to her hands. The redness had faded, but her palms still throbbed. With a grimace, she squeezed her hands into fists and looked up at the gathering again.

They look happy, she mused silently, watching the smiling faces. All the couples that had been set up at the beginning of the year had finally worked out. Even Sango was happily dancing with Miroku, who finally seemed to have figured out that some times weren’t appropriate for groping. Her gaze turned to Inuyasha, and her own smile resurfaced, but it was short lived.

Wait…couples…roommates…that’s it! That’s what we forgot! It’s Ban-

The change wasn’t so abrupt this time, but it was still obvious when the world slowed down. Everyone still danced. The music still played, though it was considerably more eerie. The colors slowly muted themselves, fading out the vibrant colors and sheens until only one thing seemed to shine in the room.

It was a cat.

It walked slowly towards her, its white and purple head cocked slightly to the side. It sidestepped the dancers with no trouble, and no one else seemed to notice the little creature. Despite her panicked state, her heart went out to the creature, and she slipped out of her chair and knelt on the floor, reaching her hand out to the cat.

“You’re wasting your time. Alfador only likes me.”

Her head snapped to the right at the soft child’s voice. A young boy stood a few feet away, bathed in the same light that seemed to surround the cat. He was dressed in a simply purple robe that reached his feet. His hair was blue, and his eyes were a vibrant green. At his voice, Alfador also turned, and with a happy mew, he bounded over to the boy and rubbed on his legs. The boy’s eyes remained locked on Kagome’s, his head tilting in much the same way his cat’s had.

“The black wind howls…” A slight smile worked its way onto his face as Kagome began to stand. He opened his mouth to speak again, but something behind her caught his gaze, and his words were lost as he and the cat suddenly faded away.

Fearing what she would find, Kagome straightened and turned slowly, her head tilting back as she looked up at the face of the man before her. He was clad in leather armor and a heavy blue cape which seemed to flutter in an unseen wind. As with the boy and the cat, he seemed to glow against the muted colors of the ballroom.

It suddenly came to her mind that this man was the boy’s older form.

He studied the spot where the boy had stood, his eyes calm and cold, but with a deep pain that he fought to hide. “I said that to another, once.” He commented in an almost offhand manner before turning his gaze to hers, a wicked smile revealing his pointed teeth. “He died shortly after.”

Kagome’s heart stopped, and she stepped back, clawing feebly at her chest and throat. The man followed her like a cat stalking its prey. He reached up and traced a cool finger over her jaw line, his smile growing more and more sinister. “He died…he was ripped apart. It must have hurt very badly.” He chuckled as her eyes widened, shaking his head slightly. “Luckily for you, little girl, I wasn’t the one who killed him.”

The pain flashed through his eyes again, but he hid it by gripping her chin and tilting her head to the side. He leaned in close, sending a shiver through her body as his breath brushed over her exposed ear and neck. “If he gets his way…you’ll die in the same manner tonight.”

A roaring began in her head, ushering in the voices that she had hoped never to hear again. Her eyes squeezed shut as a pair of tears coursed down her cheeks. She was vaguely aware of the pressure leaving her chin. Dimly, she heard someone calling out to her, and she opened her eyes to find the source.

Her gaze fell once more on the little boy, now holding his cat and watching her carefully. Once they locked eyes, he spoke a single word.

“Mitternacht.”

In a flash, they disappeared, finally allowing the colors and movement to return to the room. Her name rang out again, and she turned her head to the sound, her mouth opening and closing in the effort to call back to Inuyasha. But her body still wasn’t responding, and the other voices were getting louder. The edges of her vision darkened as she crumpled to the floor, a soft moan escaping before her world went completely dark, and the pain of the blight returned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short? Yeah, prolly. But here's the second "spirit", and if you don't know who he is....wow. Enjoy!

Re: Lynxie's Corner! -UPDATED 7/20/06-

Postby System Frame » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:54 pm

I got the first read! *jives*
Ladies and gentlemen. Do yourselves a favor right here, and right now.

What, were you expecting me to tell you what that favor should be?

Re: Lynxie's Corner! -UPDATED 7/20/06-

Postby LynxViscount » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:13 pm

Huh. I guess people gave up on me. v.v

Re: Lynx: The Academy, (T/Fanfic), Chapter 20 up (7-20-06)

Postby LynxViscount » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:42 am

Umm...wow. *peers around for a moment and listens to the crickets*

Postby Nebacanezzar » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:22 pm

*Wacks Lynxie with a cardbord tube* Of course you should continue to post the story!

Postby LynxViscount » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:27 pm

The prodigal Lynx has returned. >.< Just so yah know, guys, my computer hates me. I've formated/reinstalled four times since the last chapter I posted. So...yeah. Ah well, my muse is back, and I hope to finish this story out by the end of the year (haha, a girl can dream).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty-One – Ties

The doors were locked.

Inuyasha growled deep in his throat, eyeing the staff table with barely contained fury. When Naraku had said that no one could leave until midnight, he certainly hadn’t been kidding. He broke his glare at the man in question to glance down at Kagome’s limp form, lying across his lap with his haori draped over her frail form. Only then did his expression soften, running a claw gently along the curve of her chin. Even in her sleep – and the obvious pain she must be experiencing – she was beautiful. How he wished he could enter her dreamscape and defend her from the voices and the pains…

A shadow fell over her form, and Inuyasha’s head snapped to the source, his lips pulled back into a fierce snarl as his arms tightened around the girl. His anger faded as he recognized the scents coming from the two covered forms, though his arms didn’t release Kagome.

Caligo knelt gingerly beside the hanyou, her bright red eyes worried behind the ornate Egyptian mask she wore. “I saw what happened, Inu. Is she…?”

Not trusting himself to speak, Inuyasha simply nodded, returning his eyes to the staff table. The Headmaster was sitting calmly in his chair, simply watching the milling students with a half-smile on his face. If he had seen Kagome’s condition, he gave no indication.

Cali stood and turned to look across the ballroom as well, her eyes narrowing. Kallos stood silently behind her, motionless and still weakened, but giving the impression of strength. Inu had the distinct impression that the show was for Caligo’s sake.

“Odd, though…” Cali muttered, so softly that Inuyasha had to twist an ear in the neko’s direction to insure that he heard what she thought was strange. “No one else seems to have noticed what happened. I just happened to glance over when I saw Kagome fall, but no one else has come over.” She tilted her head, her arms coming up to cross at her waist. “Almost like…if they didn’t actually watch it happen, they don’t know anything’s wrong.”

Inuyasha frowned, considering the girl’s words. It had annoyed him as well, that none of the others had come over. After a few minutes, he had tried to blow it off as them respecting his space, but that theory simply felt wrong. Kouga had absolutely no respect for personal boundaries…

Inuyasha grunted once, shifting Kagome into a better position on his lap. “It’s possible, cat, but that makes it even worse.” He muttered back, his gaze moving to scan the crowd. They all danced and talked and laughed, as if nothing was wrong, as if nothing strange had happened in their midst, as if…

As if they had their entire lives ahead of them.

Inuyasha’s heart plummeted as the room went dark.

-----

It was a few moments before the screams of the other students suddenly silenced, leaving the little group of four alone in the silence and darkness. Struggling with the awkward bulkiness of Kagome’s dress, Inuyasha clamored to his feet and turned to Kallos. “Oi, cat. You strong enough to hold her?” His only answer was a grunt of affirmation, and a pair of bandaged arms accepting the load from the hanyou’s arms.

“Thanks, ca- I mean, Kallos.” He grumbled, turning away to stand near Caligo, his hand moving down to grasp Tetsusaiga’s hilt. “You ready?” Cali glanced at him and smiled slightly behind her mask, her nod barely visible in the dim light from the stained glass window at the far end of the room. Heavy clouds seemed to have covered the sky, leaving only the faintest of glows from the full moon.

A faint shifting rang though the stillness that had settled over the room, drawing the trio’s eyes to the area in front of the window, where a shadow lay crouched on the floor. Inuyasha took a step forward, but a sudden hiss of anger to his right made him stop and turn.

Cali crouched down into an attack position, her hands up and gleaming claws extended. Her snarl was muted by the full mask she wore, but it was still obvious that the cat was beyond angry.

“Get up, you traitor!” She screeched, suddenly darting forward at the crouched figure, Inuyasha fast in her wake. Their intended target seemed to move in slow motion, moving into a standing position with it’s back to the light as they rushed it. It looked male from the stance and the lack of a dress that had been the standard of the evening; both the figure’s legs were clearly defined. Still, if it was male, he was very small and slender…

As Cali reached the figure, her claws swiped through air. The shadow had disappeared without even a whisper of sound. Inuyasha pulled up before running into Caligo, who had skidded to a stop on all fours, looking even more like a cat than normal. Her head flashed from side to side before she straightened again and turned, her head lifting slightly to test the air.

A hoarse laugh rang through the empty room, followed by a light thump. A shriek of pain and anger caught Inuyasha’s attention, and he turned to Cali, only to find her standing stiff, a gleaming set of claws pressed against her throat. Even this didn’t stop her furious hissing, but it was obvious she couldn’t move without risking her own life.

The same slight figure stood behind Cali, a dark hood covering it’s head. The voice that came from the hood was bone chilling, but still somewhere between genders. “You have much to worry about, hanyou, but this cat should be the least of your worries. The other students…” The figure paused to drag a ragged breath through the material of it’s hood. “…the others have been moved from this room. They deserve your worry, but…” Another ragged breath from the darkness as Inuyasha’s hand twitched on the hilt of Tetsusaiga. “…you should worry most about the frail one.”

For the second time that night, Inuyasha’s heart dropped. A single glance to Caligo’s vibrant eyes was the only encouragement he needed, and he spun, rushing back across the hall towards where he left Kallos and Kagome. Cali silently watched him go, her hands opening and closing on air, instead of around her attacker’s neck where she wanted them to be. Once his form had melded with the shadows, she dared to speak.

“How did you do it?” She whispered through gritted teeth, her eyes shifting over to try and see the figure around her mask without moving her neck. A faint chuckle issued from the hood as the claws pressed even closer. Cali winced as she felt her skin break around the needle-like point of the figure’s middle finger, and watched with morbid fascination as a thin trickle of blood ran down the claw, only to be absorbed into the glove that hid the figure’s hand.

“It’s…not what you think, cat, and it certainly wasn’t easy. Still, being demon-like is awfully fun, don’t you agree?”

Cliffy, yes. And no, that's not the third spirit. This is an interlude of sorts, as well as a bit of foreshadowing. My muse is goofy like that sometimes. *pets muse, who is now chained to her desk*

Re: Lynx: The Academy, (T/Fanfic), Chapter 21 up (10-15-06)

Postby Nebacanezzar » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:22 am

YAY! You're back!

Previous

Return to Literature