Lynx: The Academy, (T/Fanfic), Chapter 21 up (10-15-06)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Academy - Lynxie's fanfic.

Postby LynxViscount » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:30 pm

Well Nebbers, if you'd like Kallos in the fanfic, I'd need a VERY detailed bio on him. Hair, eyes, height, weight, weapons, favorite food, you know, the works. Absolutely everything. >^..^<

Postby Nebacanezzar » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:32 pm

Kay, I'll work on that.
V The most adorable plushie ever.
Image[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby LynxViscount » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:16 am

Hehe, more fun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Nine – Combat

Sunday had passed without much of a hitch, if you could ignore the way Kouga glowered at Inuyasha at every chance, or the look of enlightenment that said hanyou carried on his face for most of the day. Kagome questioned neither, knowing why Kouga was upset, and having a good idea of Inuyasha’s reason for contentment.

Kagome had been thoroughly impressed with Father Wolfwood, and in Lady Kaede’s healing ability. Unfortunately, the old miko had no better luck in figuring out what was ailing Kagome than her doctors had.

Luckily, it seemed Caligo wasn’t the secret-telling type, so their little event of the morning went blissfully unknown by the student body. That night, Caligo happily let Inuyasha take her bed, and she opted to sleep on the armoire.

-----

Monday dawned even colder than the previous day, with a high bank of clouds looming in the northern horizon. Inuyasha was actually up before the girls, probably due to the fact that first on their schedule was…

“COMBAT TRAINING! ALLRIGHT!â€

Postby Nebacanezzar » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:28 am

Exelent! Can't wait to see how Inyuasha acts around Kenshin.
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby Sabre » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:01 am

Well here I was searching google for some pictures of caligo =_="

Postby LynxViscount » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:20 pm

Poor Sabre! Well, here's a pic Naur did of her for me.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/TheKibler/caligocom.jpg

For this fic, she's a bit less kitty and more like the humaniod demons in Inuyasha. >^..^< Glad you like her though! *huggles Cali*

Postby Sabre » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:41 pm

My minds eye had pictured something completely different and tougher looking but she looks sexy in that pic there.

I was thinking that she looked somewhat like naveed from the Zap webcomic.Naveed is so good looking on a sidenote.Her and cali look alike somewhat I geuss

Postby LynxViscount » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:29 pm

Well Sabre, that's not the only way she can look, ya know. That's just Naur's depiction of her, and the only real pic I have of her. 'Taint easy to find big, tough, punk, albino nekos, so I make do with what I've got. >^..^<

Postby Sabre » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:42 pm

Im not saying that I hate what you have the picture is great.I just mentioned she looked like naveed http://www.zapinspace.com/pics/cast/naveed.jpg

Postby LynxViscount » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:09 pm

A little chapter while I write the next one. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Ten – The In-between Times

The rest of the week passed well, starting each day with combat. Kagome felt her arms growing in strength, and, blessedly, she didn’t have another episode with her illness, at least during her archery training.

Master Alphonse, they found out, was actually Ed’s younger brother. The entire class had been stupefied by this, since Alphonse was huge in comparison to his older brother. Those questions were answered – and more were asked – when Al removed the helmet of his armor to reveal the emptiness inside. With the help of Ed, Al explained the troubles they went through, and how Al had his soul transmuted into the empty suit of armor through alchemy. Needless to say, the rest of those classes went very well.

Madam Kagura’s class had been by far Kagome’s favorite, because she, along with all those who brought their own instruments, had been allowed the chance to play them before their classmates. Caligo, unsurprisingly, was very adept at the guitar, though Kagura cut her display short. Many of the boys expressed their interest in the louder instruments, like percussion and brass, but it took a couple of periods to get everyone situated with an instrument. After that, Kagura had begun teaching them ballroom dancing, saying she had been disgusted by the lack of skill at the opening ball.

Master Jet had the kind of voice that you could listen to forever, which came in handy, since he certainly loved to talk. He had begun teaching them chess, stating that it was “the best combat training you can getâ€

Postby LynxViscount » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:45 pm

YAY FOR ANOTHER CHAPTER!!! And the introduction of Kallos!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Eleven – Behind Closed Doors

December had come in with a bang. A huge ice storm the previous night had rendered the grounds useless for their horseback lesson, so the students effectively had the day off.

“Come on, Inu! I’ll be out of your hair and your room for the rest of the year, so why can’t you come down and meet my friend?â€

Postby Nebacanezzar » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:42 pm

Indeed.

Postby LynxViscount » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:06 pm

Nyah, folks. Just, nyah. This is the fastest I've ever typed out a chapter. Be happy!

Chapter Twelve – For Those We've Loved

Kagome came back in stages. The first stage was the pain. The second was the incessant beeping from the heart monitor. The third was the realization that she was strapped down.

The fourth was that someone was singing, oh so softly.

[i]“So never give up - never give in
Rise from the fire if you're gonna win
Sing with your soul - soon you'll be old
Fight the demons inside you
There is no limit to what can be done
Climb every mountain with power so strong
Dusty roads on the way, leaving the past behind you…â€

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:14 pm

Damn, the tention is mounting. My guess is that Vash, Kenshin and Jet will help the students.

Postby LynxViscount » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:43 pm

So Nebbers, whatcha think of Kallos so far?

Postby Nebacanezzar » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:09 am

Nice. Very nice.

Postby LynxViscount » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:24 pm

That's good. :) Well folks, a lot has been happening, and I'll get back to the story as soon as I can. But feel free to post any ideas for the fic! >^..^<

Postby Nebacanezzar » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:28 pm

Aww man. I thought that you updated, but you tricked me!

Ok, I feel a little better.

Postby LynxViscount » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:16 am

Sorry I tricked ya, Nebbers. Here ya go!

This chapter is brought to you by RAMEN!!!

Chapter Thirteen – Allies and Enemies

They had spoken long into the night, about how many people had died and why they were at the school. As it turned out, every single student at The Academy had lost one or both parents to Naraku. If you took the killings out of context, there would have been no connection. They ranged from the Inu-taiyoukai to simple ranchers, from spiritual people to faithful alchemists. Their only connection was that they had children that met the requirements of The Academy, whatever those requirements might be.

Kaede had finally come in to shoo Ezekial, Kallos, and Cali off to their rooms. She stayed behind long enough to let Kagome and Inuyasha know that she and many of the other teachers were on their side. After checking on Kagome on last time, she bid them goodnight and left.

After a bit more talking, the two fell asleep in the same position, Inuyasha leaned back against the wall with Kagome cuddled up on his lap. It was the best sleep they’d ever had.

-----

Thursday morning came with unseasonable warmth, beginning the slow process of melting away the snow and ice from the grounds. After getting the rest of the tubes and needles removed from her skin, Kagome was proclaimed fit to leave the little clinic. They stopped long enough in their room for Kagome to shower and for them both to get changed before heading down to the dojo.

Vash came jogging over as they walked up. “Kagome! How are you feeling?â€

Postby Nebacanezzar » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:32 am

Aww, Inu and Kagome sitting in a tree.....

RAMEN!!!!!!!!! *Chows down*

Good job so far, by the way.

Postby LynxViscount » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:28 pm

Hehe, I wrote the entire chapter while eating beef flavored ramen. YAY FOR RAMEN!!!

Last edited by LynxViscount on Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Nebacanezzar » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:19 am

so cute!

Postby LynxViscount » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:02 am

Good grief...it's 4:54 am. *yawns*

Chapter Fourteen – Strength in Numbers

The rest of the day had passed easily for Kagome, as most of the teachers allowed her to sit and do nothing. All but Kagura and Sesshoumaru expressed their happiness that she was alive and well. Kagura seemed a little anxious about something, and kept the rest of the class learning a quick tango. Sesshoumaru just didn’t appear to care, though Rin did give Kagome a bright smile, which she gladly returned before going back to taking notes.

But the ‘happy’ times were soon over, and Kagome felt her stomach clenching as they descended the main staircase towards the dining hall. Dinner was generally the only time during the day that any of the students saw the Headmaster, as none of them had yet to do anything terrible enough to warrant being sent to his office.

Inuyasha glanced down at the frail girl shivering at his side and tensed his grip on her arm. She glanced up at him with a nervous smile.

“Hey, don’t worry, alright? Me and the others are right here for you.â€
Last edited by LynxViscount on Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Nebacanezzar » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:16 am

Very nice.

Postby Sabre » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:57 pm

Wootage

PreviousNext

Return to Literature