Let me Weave you a tale...

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Let me Weave you a tale...

Postby CheshireD.Cat » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:16 pm

"Long ago, longer now then it seems, in a place you may have seen in your dreams." He gave a chuckle and slid off his branch as he stretched. The skinny purple and pink cat, with a pair of gold earrings in one of his cat ears, with gold rings on his right leg and on his tail stretched and shook his head. His whiskers were crooked and his pupils the color of blood. "Well have to go much farther back then that. I mean after all I've been hearing so many people ask 'why does Jack Skellington, and Oogie Boogie fight so?' Well the answer is simple....but i don't like simple answers." he said with a laugh as he jumped into the dead tree as he breathed out a bit of smoke from his grinning teeth. "Lets start long ago...before HalloweenTown, back to when Jack wasnt known as the PumpkinKing, but better known as the PumpkinPrince." He gave a hearty laugh as he began to tell the tale.

Added after 1 hours 1 minutes:

Long ago, when Halloweentown was only a dream, a certain master of all time was busy thinking of a way to create alternate worlds for the holidays that ran rampant through the world. Invisible to humans true and only seen on their holiday, it was something to behold each Halloween night as the monster came out for a fright. Clockwork shrugged as he went from old man, to child, to middle aged in only a minute. He knew that the holidays would have to be put into their own worlds or they could ruin the human world which was important to everyone, well most everyone. Now, I know our tale is about young Jack, but we have to understand the problems at hand. Clockwork saw that if the holidays were left to run rampant they would collide and shake the earth apart, some kind of cosmic rift problem. The kings of these holidays were usually voted on depending on who they were and how they contributed to the holiday like how Santa is a jolly old fat guy who delivers toys. Halloween was a special case, since it had 2 kings. Jack Skellington was the younger brother of Grim who was The Grim Reaper and ruler of the underworld. Back then Jack was only about 4 feet tall while Grim was 6 feet 9 inches. There father on the other hand, was 10 feet tall and one of the most frightening monsters, which was why he was one of the Kings. The monsters and humans called him Jericho, since his full name was Jericho Skellington. Jericho was like I said 10 ft tall, and wore full black, though many said that it was his skin showing off his talon like feet and his clawed hands. His head was a pumpkin that had silvery hair with glowing crimson eyes, and his teeth were very much real as he gave a grin that could scare your soul out of your body. Now Jericho wanted his son Jack to take over being the king of Halloween, but Jack wanted to do nothing more then sing and dance. Jericho found this strange but was a more caring being so he didn’t mind letting his son take up dancing and singing. Clockwork knew Jericho, and found him to not be a real threat. The other king, was a much different story. Now we come to Oogie and his father THE Boogie man. Boogie was a very tall sort of creature being 11 feet tall, his only bit of clothing was that of his cape made of cloth and maggots attached to his arms. His skin was like that of tree bark, which allowed him to hide in forest so well to scare passers by. His mouth jutted out like that of a crocodile and his teeth were just the same. His eyes were pure golden color and whenever he gave a scream humans would flee in terror. Oogie was much like he is now but smaller so I won’t have to go into too much detail there. Now Clockwork knew Boogie all too well, because Boogie was the one who kept Grim working so much. Jericho felt that Halloween should be the only time monsters should go out and scare people, while Boogie felt monsters should be able to go out and scare whenever they pleased. Their sons on the other hand, wanted to do nothing more then sing and play. Jack and Oogie were once very good friends If you can believe that. Jack would meet Oogie during a full moon when their fathers were busy with some business and they would sing and play all night long till they hurried home at the break of dawn. Clockwork felt this could hopefully help the problem, since he only had a few mores years before the holidays tore the world apart.

~~~Halloween night~~~
Jack hurried by Oogie quickly, as Oogie tried his best to keep up with Jacks pace. “Slow down Jack!” Said a tired and very worn out Oogie who did his best to keep running but fell back and sat there quietly. Jack, wearing a full prince like outfit hurried over and shook his head as he helped Oogie to his feet. “I swear Oogie your gonna get so fat one day you wont even be able to see me.” Oogie gave a laugh and rolled a pair of dice he always kept at his side. It came up snake eyes and he gave a sigh shaking his head. “Your gonna lose that bet Jack.” He said as he picked up his dice and put them away into a pocket. Jack just laughed and stood up. “Is everything a gamble to you Oogie?” He said as they began to walk in the direction they planned to go. “Jack life is a gamble itself, I just like to take a lot more risk and practice.” He said as he pulled out some playing cards and showed off the four kings. Jack just waved his boney hand at the cards and smirked. “One of these days Oogie your gonna get hurt playing those games.” Oogie shook his head. “No way.” He said in remark as they laughed and hurried off again to a run down cathedral. The Cathedral was large and of course big enough to hold almost all the monsters of Halloween. The party inside was in full swing as Jack and Oogie entered, looking around at a few of the guests. The witches were there, lovely as usual alongside the vampire brothers. A two faced creature who could rotate his body or head was there and he laughed as he toasted with a werewolf, and a creature who lived in water. Dr. Finklestein was there in his motorized wheelchair trying to do his best in the crowd though many of the guest knew him to be a recluse who liked to tinker and create strange things. Jericho was at the far end with Boogie toasting and having a small bite to eat. Boogie laughed at a joke from a old vampire and a mummy who was with his son that had only one eye. A few bats chattered on the ceiling with one another, as a tree with hanging skeletons just laughed talking with them and a few other guest. Jack and Oogie hurried in and to their fathers quickly running up as Jack hugged his while Oogie just pulled out a bag of candy and gave it to his father. Boogie gave a chuckle and ate the bag as he pat Oogie on his head, “Excellent work Oogie you stole some of these things these human call candy….what a delightful taste.” He said as he chewed and swallowed then drank whatever was in his cup. Jack on the other hand just looked around the room for a special guest. “Looking for your brother Jack?” Asked Jericho quietly as he smirked. “Yeah….he said he’d be here this year.” “Now you know full well that Grim has his own duties to deal with…especially while clockwork is making us a new home.” Boogie gave a shrug to the though and nudged Jericho. “You don’t actually expect all us monsters to just live out our days in some town preparing for Halloween each year do you?” Jericho gave a glance at Boogie. “I’m just saying…its better then wandering the world as shadows of what we could really be.” Jericho and Boogie glared for a bit but turned and decided to let the topic die for now, though many things involving Halloween don’t die for long. Grim appeared later that night sometime around midnight for the party. Jack was thrilled cause it meant he could do his dance for his father. A spotlight was given as the band struck up a tune, giving Jack his setting as he took to the dancefloor. Oogie, Jericho, Boogie, Grim, and the other party guest watched as Jack began to dance across the floor slowly with his long legs. As he danced many monsters whispered about how well he could dance, and how proud his father must be. Boogie just gave a snort of dust and turned as he tried something else to eat. When Jack finished there was a uproar of applause from the crowd as his father and Grim also clapped, while Oogie gave the loudest cheers. Jack was so happy as he ran off the dance floor and to his brother and father and friend.
(ill add more later when i get the ideas for the rest and no i dont own any characters in this story cept Jericho. He is mien and those found using him will be killed violently)
Last edited by CheshireD.Cat on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you love a good story then come and find me. Ill weave you a tale of whatever you ask, of dark things that lurk under your bed, of things that go bump in the night. Ill even weave you a tale that'll give you delight.
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewt ... 66#2094866 (first story im working on)

Re: Let me Weave you a tale...

Postby CheshireD.Cat » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:21 pm

The party soon came to an end and the monsters left the cathedral one by one. Many saying goodbye while others went off in groups to hide in the same place. Jack was sleeping quietly, as was Oogie but Grim and Jericho were still awake, and they were talking with Boogie. "You know full well if we dont move something is going to give and id rather it not be this world were on." Jericho said as he glared at Boogie with Grim by his side. "HA! your just afraid is all. We can easily kill the other holidays and be the only one left, hell we could even make them part of Halloween and use them to conquer this human plain." Boogie waved his arms as 3 maggots fell off. Jericho reached to his side for the Pumpkin sword, a relic of Halloween. "Ill kill you here and now Boogie, ill make sure you dont ruin our future... our sons futures." Boogie gave a glare at Jericho and bared his metallic claws from his fingers. "Id like to see you try..." He said as Grim stepped between them. "Enough da both of joo." He waved his scythe and struck the floor showing he meant it as they both stood down. "We can solve dis...like gentleman...er monsters and demons.." Boogie turned and shook his head. "I don't plan on talking about what should rightfully be ours." Boogie picked up his son and left taking his pose with one arm above his head as he dissapeared into a shadow. Jericho looked to Grim who looked back with a bit of worry. "Father..." Jericho gave a laugh. "Dont call me that... im not your real father..." Grim gave a slight cringe as he stared at him. "You picked me up after i lost my real one Jericho. Its the least i could do to call you father for helping me." Jericho gave a shrug and picked up Jack under one arm. "Grim...if anything should happen to me i want you to look after Jack." Grim gave a nod and walked over next to him making a portal for Jericho to go home through. "I will.." Jericho left through the portal quietly leaving Grim alone, sort of. A crescent moon grin appeared nearby followed by that of a skinny purple and pink stripped cat anthro holding a black clock staff like Clockwork's but with bat wings on the clock. He wore a black robe with red trim as he walked over letting the rings on his ankle jingle gently. "Im almost done with the realms for the holidays. So i decided to come see my favorite reaper of death." Grim turned and pointed his scythe at the creature who just chuckled. "you know full well that wont work." Grim gave a shrug. "itd make me feel better." Cheshire gave a laugh and turned away from him as Clockwork appeared nearby. "Ahh, so now the pieces are here." He said gently as he floated over changing quietly between ages. "Well if it isnt the master of time." Said Cheshire as Clockwork gave a glance to him. "And if it isnt the Master of Space..." Grim knew this tale all too well. Cheshire wanted power and that of a Nergal demon wasn't enough so to get more power he went to Clockwork. Clockwork gave him the power he wanted changing him into the Master of Space. Now Cheshire roams around checking on the other worlds for Clockwork who is bound to his castle most of the time. "Have you completed the worlds Cheshire?" Clockwork asked gently as he watched Cheshire turn away. "Im almost done Clockwork, I just a few more years to finish them..." Clockwork shook his head. "I can try and give you at least 4 more years." Chesh turned and looked at him as his eye went crimson. "4 years is pushing it hard on me Clockwork. Im not even done with freaking Easter yet..." Clockwork turned away. "i suggest you stop doing nothing and get back to work then." Cheshire gave a growl and turned away from him. "Ill try and get all the worlds finished by then...hopefully nothing will happen befor then." He said as he dissapeared leaving Grim alone with Clockwork. "Can that cat actually do it mon?" Grim asked as Clockwork looked at him with a serious look, though that was normal for him. "If he doesn't finish it by then....ill have to take back my powers and do it myself." Grim gave a shrug and stared at him. "Clockwork....i don't think they'll be able to hold out till den." Clockwork gave a nod. "I have that covered Grim." He dissapeared in one of his time portals as grim left to do his job.
Last edited by CheshireD.Cat on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you love a good story then come and find me. Ill weave you a tale of whatever you ask, of dark things that lurk under your bed, of things that go bump in the night. Ill even weave you a tale that'll give you delight.
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewt ... 66#2094866 (first story im working on)

Postby nobody » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:30 am

please don't use color for the text, or atleast not that color, it's almost impossible to read >.@
Nowhere man please listen.

Postby CheshireD.Cat » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:50 am

nobody1111 wrote:please don't use color for the text, or atleast not that color, it's almost impossible to read >.@

Sorry bout that. Ill go ahead and just stick at as default from now on.

Return to Literature