Griddles' series - Talisman (new thread for it as it starts)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:04 am

Bell's voice seemed pensive, "Dexter... if you can detect me, then... can you scan for Barasia?"

A pause. A long pause. Bubbles glanced at Buttercup, who shook her head. Her patience was wearing extremely thin. When she got her hands on Barasia, who put her through all this nonsense, the girls would have a lot of scrap metal to sell at the next trash and treasure market. Dexter finally came back, and she rolled her eyes. Was there a market for broken boy genius body parts? She'd make a fortune. She'd keep the glasses though. She still wanted something to burn ants with. Dexter sounded just as hesitant as Bell did, if not moreso, "I... don't think I need to."

"What the hell do you mean!?" blurted Buttercup. Blossom's cries for her peace and patience followed almost immediately.

"Bell, do you know of an area of the ship called the 'Lower Pavilion'?"

"That observation point below the accelerators?"

"That's the one."

"Sure. Why?"

"Can you... take Blossom down there? I think something's up. I'll talk to you two on a separate channel."

"HEY!" Buttercup roared, "When you tell one of us, you tell ALL of us!"

"Not yet!" Dexter shouted back, fed up with Buttercup's constant impatience. "You and Bubbles will be kept on a separate line for ease of communication. I'm sick of this arguing, alright? I'm making an executive decision, here."

Buttercup's face was red with pent-up fury but she had no way of releasing it. She needed Dexter, like it or not. She never, ever forced herself to submit to the will of a boy before, particularly a nerdy four-eyed geek who had more books than friends and who happened to be her own sister's apparent love interest. What merit did he serve her on any other occasion? She clenched her fists, cursing her bad luck.

"You two hang tight, ok Buttercup? I'm gonna fill Blossom and Bell in, and then I'll give you directions to the engines. Hopefully we can take out a couple of big shiny targets at once, and then focus on Barasia. You did opt for the engines, after all, so there's no backing out now."

"And what if Barasia finds us and there's only two of us there to fight her instead of four?" Buttercup asked. Oh how she'd love a better mission controller. Someone a bit more understandable. The Professor, sure. He knew how to keep things under control. Ms Meryl was good at crowd control, too, especially when it came to dealing with children their age. And then there was Sens... Buttercup went red again.

"If she finds you... all I can suggest is that you hold her off... and stay alive until the others get there... talk to you in a moment."

Buttercup felt a shiver run down her spine. Those words, however brief, messed with her head. She didn't want to admit it, but she said it anyway, "Okay... now I'm kinda scared..."

Bubbles gulped, "Waaay ahead of ya..."
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Re: Griddles' PPGD continuation series: Reunification

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:08 am

He he. Buttercup got a pinch from fear.

@Next: Thanks, Next! ^_^

Uh, Grid, you mean you want to the others similiar to what I did to Bell?

Oh yeah...coming up next is Blaze... Tee-hee.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:32 am

YAY! I love Blaze!

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:27 am

He he. She's my faaaavorite among the three Psychopuffs. Oh yeah she's with somebody else. Tee-hee. :happy:
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby BlueNex0s » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:37 am

Well there's some suspense for ya.

Aw! Nice drawing there Kusang. It's cool... That's Bell, right?

And who's Blaze?

Postby gamefan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:13 am

hehehe Blaze is cute

hope when finish can left a link here :3

very nice update
Flowerpuff Girls Forever <3
Image Image

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:37 am

Eh? Blaze gets nanoed? The favorite of the Trinity? ...now why didn't I see that?:P

Also, I had quite the depressing dream concerning this fic. Don't know exactly what happened but I'm sure it involved Bubbles dying! As for the update...there's no way Barasia's making this easy on purpose...is she?
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby gamefan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:44 am

knowing Griddles, yeah....somebody must die, and looking like the best victim always is Bubbles, well

surely that will happen u.u
Image Image

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:18 am

*sigh*

I hate it when things seem way too obvious...

Oh well.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Fummo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:25 am

Why kill Bubbles T_T

Postby gamefan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:40 am

Griddles wrote:*sigh*

Oh well.

Well.....Griddles admit it.....but thinking in that, he is not the only one who use Bubbles like a victim of something bad, dunno really why she almost always ^^u <.<

Soo, the question is: how it will happen?

Lets keep reading....
Image Image

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:14 am

Griddles' least favorite is Bubbles so...I doubt he'll have qualms killing her off first but...he puts his favorites through hell. I...have no idea why. Unfamiliar with that method or whatever. Then again, Griddles thinks that's obvious so...GAH!! I honestly have no idea! Both Bubbles and Buttercup pretty much have a 50/50 chance of getting seriously hurt within the next 5-8 updates. Nuff said.
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)

Postby BlueNex0s » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:05 pm

Say what? Everyone's sure Bubbles's gonna die? Ouch. It always has to be her. :(

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:36 pm

Great. Now it does seem confirmed its always the blond who gets 'burned'. Sucks to be Bubbles...
Not-an-animator

Postby J-Dude » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:51 pm

Hmm...as much as Bubbles seems a likely candidate, Buttercup seems just as likely to me. Killing the weaker one will demoralize them all, but if it's the tougher one, then the situation seems even more hopeless because one of their biggest guns is out of action. If that happens though, I hope she has a chance to relay what she's really feeling and not what her reputation as "tough girl" forces her to be. Because I don't really think she's nearly as cold and uncaring as she tends to seem. That was proven by her immediate reaction to the moment Breannin died. She cried, and she was the first to attack Barasia with no fear for her own life. All the time she seemed like she didn't care about Bree, but I'm pretty certain she's one of the ones who cared about her the most.
I have a feeling that she's been tormented more than the others concerning Breannin over the past months. Everyone's noticed just how much hatred she holds for Barasia and how determined she is to see her face justice. When Bubbles entertained the notion of Barasia coming to their side, Buttercup rejected the idea entirely.
I think she's tormented by the fact that she never let Bree or anyone know that she cared until it was far too late, while the others treated her as a sister. The only way she can think of to possibly make it up to her and quell her demons is to avenge Breannin. I don't doubt that's been a LOT of her drive as of late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh boy, that turned into a rant I think...Guess my posts are back to normal lol
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby gamefan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:14 pm

I cant believe this.......but I m agree with J-Dude

I prefer can be Cuppy cause all that he mention before, and cause I like more Bubbles and Cuppy XD

But now I m thinking it.....that "admit" from Griddles.......can be false, can be something to detour us from the true, I m not sure really, cause I always doubts all ^^u

Still we will discover the true soon
Image Image

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:04 pm

"Graviton emissions?" Blossom repeated, clueless. Bell blinked, likewise stunned.

"Yes, and they're coming from the forward end of the lower observation deck. I don't get why she'd want to build a gravimetric weapon when she has the entire ship rigged up as one big cannon. Either way, that appears to be the next thing on the list behind the engines, which will be taken care of. Blossom, Bell, get down to that deck and check that out. Something's going on down there that shouldn't be. If the emissions continue to grow, I could lose the lock on you and won't be able to pull you back if something bad happens."

Bell, spurred by the sudden reason to take prominent action, nodded to Blossom, "We'll get it done. Come on, I'll show ya the way."

Blossom didn't move, however, still basking in the light of the planet Earth beyond the thick viewing windows. She had seen Earth from space before, a few times. It was so pretty, yet space was so dangerous. The ship was reversing away from it, either breaking its orbit or trying to create a new one. In the distant, a quarter-crescent moon hung like a diamond sickle overlooking its parent planet. So small compared to it, yet so big in itself. Blossom wanted to stay a little longer up here on the empty bridge that had been stripped of all but the most necessary of equipment. There were strange smears on the walls that Bell assumed to be blood from those who used to live and work on this machine. They, too, had fallen the way so many others had. Brutally. Painfully. And with no chance of escape or even seeing their own doom coming. She searched for a reason to stay; anything at all. She found one. She spoke up.

"Dexter, where is the Professor?"

Dexter's response was curt, crisp and prompt, "He's arranging a few things back at your place, then he said he'll come straight over. He doesn't want to miss anything."

"M-Miss... anything?" Blossom repeated, thinking it too much like wanting to watch a much-anticipated football match or something similar.

"If something bad happens, he wants to be here, in case we need to make an extraction. He can't just sit idly by, you know."

"Well..." Blossom stared down at the place where Megaville was meant to be, amongst all those lights. "At least he's thinking of us."

"Blossom... if it weren't so impractical... then I would have seen to it that the whole world would be thinking of you right now."

Blossom's cheeks went a deeper pink, "Dex, that's real sweet of you..." she muttered. Bell regarded her silently.

"I'll deal with the other two. You go down and see what's happening, and get back to me. I'll be quick, before Buttercup chews my head off over the phone."

"Good luck!" Blossom giggled, before turning to look at Earth once again.

Bell put her hand on Blossom's shoulder, "You're... you're very lucky to have him, you know... Someone who can stay with you... even if you lose everything else..."

Blossom turned to her, "Bell, I want this to be the last time I hear that sort of thing from you."

The sugargirl blinked, "Huh?"

"From now on, you're not losing a thing. From now on and from here on out, you're one of us and you're gonna make up for what has been lost. And when it's time to... you should be the one to finish her off."

Bell gave a small yet confident grin, "The day has come, eh?"

Blossom grabbed her hand, making the smaller girl blush, "Come on! Let's find out what she's cooking up!" she told her, and together they sprinted out of the derelict bridge.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:55 pm

Arranging stuff? Adric? What's he up to...?

Also, I assume this gravition emission is some sort of communications scrambler? Sooner or later I think you'll need to insert some sort of glossary of sorts. Just a small one.

Postby J-Dude » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:02 pm

Shadowed State of Mind wrote:Arranging stuff? Adric? What's he up to...?

Also, I assume this gravition emission is some sort of communications scrambler? Sooner or later I think you'll need to insert some sort of glossary of sorts. Just a small one.

You dunce! Don't you get it? The graviton emissions Dexter is sensing is coming From Barasia's new body! THEY'RE HEADING STRAIGHT FOR HER AND THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW IT.

Oh man...I hope that's a long walk, otherwise shit's going to get prematurely hellish...On the bright side, there's a chance...a CHANCE...that they might reach her before the transfer is complete, and severely improve their odds of succeeding either by forcing the new Barasia to fight them with incomplete programming/data, or by preventing Barasia using the new body altogether and fighting in her usual form.

Man oh man...Don't you just want to shout a warning? This is almost feeling like the first "Alien" film..."Don't go in there! Don't go in there! It's waiting, it's gonna GET YOU!" lol
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:17 pm

DRAT x10!!!! The new body has a GRAVITRONIC brain! DRAT DRAT DRAT!! Always slips my mind, these details! Most terribly sorry! Must think faster!

...okay, mini-tantrum's done now.

Postby Next-Gen. » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:51 am

DAMN! Even I forgot that.

But I Seriously doubt Barasia's the one to take intruder's sitting down (no pun intended).

But...

Griddles wrote:*sigh*

Oh well.

......What?
Name: NG
Griddles wrote:I'm a sadistic bastard :P

Word's, spoken from the master.

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:10 am

"Holy crap, who builds these things?" Buttercup muttered more to herself than to Bubbles as they entered the room that had been pointed out to them by Dexter's directions. Here was not a simple engine room like those on sea ships or in science fiction TV shows with those big fancy glowing things. What they had walked into resembled more of a factory, or part of it, with enormous slab-like machines mounted on pylons running eight feet off the ground. Buttercup counted three of them, large greenish-grey contraptions that looked like something out of an amazingly boring mechanics exhibit, each clunking and whirring with mechanisms inside doing their business without interruption. She was honestly disappointed. She not only had expected something a lot more COOL to shoot at, but she also had no idea what she was supposed to hit.

Bubbles was gaping, "These... are engines? What kind of fuel would they use?"

"Hope it explodes, like the fuel back home."

"I don't think you'd want to be in there when it did."

Buttercup growled, "Okay, Mister Expert, what's your take on this?"

"Hey, quit jumping down my throat!"

"Buttercup, at least listen to Dexter when he tries to help!" Bubbles pleaded.

Buttercup rolled her eyes, "Okay, okay... what are we supposed to do? Blow this joint?"

"N-No, I wouldn't recommend that."

"Shit..." Buttercup glanced left and right. At one end of the large chamber, dark grey pumps fed some sort of glowing green substance into and overhead pipeline that ran above their heads and siphoned into each of the three main press-machine-like reactors. Was that the fuel? If she burst that pipeline, then the stuff wouldn't get into the machine to start with, and thus whatever they were, they wouldn't run. "How do these things work?"

"They're plasma-ion conversion units. They use the raw energy from a plasma stream to force particle fission to take place, kinda like how nuclear reactors work, except without the radioactivity. Humanity from the future cleaned up their act but they still were obsessed with having the best output. The resultant ionic energy is released out of the engine nodes on the rear of the ship, allowing for extremely rapid spaceflight acceleration. Think of it like an afterburner on a fighter jet, except without the need for air."

"Okay, I'm with you so far." Buttercup told him, surprised at the fact that she actually got the basic gist of it.

"Plasma fires are extremely dangerous, and even though your skin's probably ten times as resistant to burns as mine would be, I still don't think it'd be a good idea to just start shooting the place up. There's gotta be a better way to do this..."

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby gamefan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:42 am

hehehe nice update

wonder what will do the girls there?
Image Image

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:52 am

Shut it down manually. Then again...none of those girls know how to operate such vastly complex machinery. So yeah...no predictions from me this time. Then again...this would be a good time to have had a bomb or two...

Postby J-Dude » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:42 am

This has got accidental catastrophe written all over it...From what it sounds like though, the best thing to do is actually shut it off, or else break a mechanism that prevents the rest of the machine from doing it's job. However, they also want the damage to be too complex for Barasia to just go back there and "put the plug back in"...This looks like an opportune moment for somebody to die.

PreviousNext

Return to Literature