Griddles' series - Talisman (new thread for it as it starts)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby GridsNaranek » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:31 am

I hereby commemorate post number 8000 in this thread by giving the following speech:

I rule! XD
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby BanditFalcon » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:55 pm

?

Added after 49 seconds:

I swore an oath to be humorless....

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:20 pm

That all you had to say Griddles? SPEECH! SPEECH! One paragraph!
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby BanditFalcon » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:45 pm

I don't get it. I don't get it at all.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:03 pm

What I mean is that surely he has more to say then that. I mean, our own posts make up a fair number as well, do they not?
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)

Postby BanditFalcon » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:10 pm

My thumbs are up at that point.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:16 pm

Meh, whatever. Congrats Griddles!

Postby BanditFalcon » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:50 pm

I'll...stay away from this thread until something comes up.

Re: Griddles' PPGD continuation series: Reunification

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:16 pm

Kudos for you, Grid! lol
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby BanditFalcon » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:52 pm

Are you the only one in this thread?

Am I the only one as well?

Postby GridsNaranek » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:36 pm

Buttercup blinked, and her fists stopped burning with her signature light. She let them drop to her sides and she sighed, feeling stupid, "Nothing... heh, I.... I'm just dying to make something explode, you know? Barasia coulda come here and wanted a straight fight. I woulda given it to her, as well. But she gotta make us do the whole hide and seek gig again! It's stupid! I mean, what's the poi-"

"Girls, can you hear me?" Dexter's voice suddenly cut her off, coming across clear as day, "Is this thing working now?"

Buttercup blinked and raised her eyes in sudden surprise, "Dexter! You did something right for once! How'd you get your thing to work again? What did you do?"

Dexter's voice was soft, almost astounded, "I... didn't do anything, actually. All of a sudden, the dampening field dropped on its own! Did you girls do anything?"

"Not unless talking to yourself stops dampening fields, no..." Bubbles muttered, without thinking. The moment she saw Buttercup's piercing glare, she squeaked in fright and said no more, covering her mouth with her hands as an afterthought.

"The whole sensor readout of the ship just came back online. I can see everything now..." Dexter sounded excited, "It looks like you're slowly reversing out of the atmosphere and toward the vacuum of space. I might be wrong, but Barasia's either lining up for a better shot at a city, or she is making a move toward the sun. Either way, it's gotta stop! Have you found the engines yet?"

Buttercup harrumphed, "No, we haven't. But from what I can tell from our journey so far, silver wall and floor plating is soooo in season right now..."

Dexter ignored the sarcasm, "You're not that far, actually. You're a floor or two below but if you keep heading back toward the stern and go up, you're there."

Buttercup blinked, "Which way is the stern? There aren't damn streetsigns in here, ya know!"

Dexter sighed, "Okay, hang on, let me find some better directions."

"You might wanna check the comm chips out, Dexter." Bubbles spoke up at last since being silenced by Buttercup's glare of scariness, "We can't contact Bell or Blossom and I don't think they can even hear us."

"Yeah, we can hear you." was the immediate response.

Bubbles and Buttercup both visibly flinched, "B-Blossom!" they yelled together.

Bubbles said more, "What happened? Where are you?"

"Bell and I found the bridge. Bell's great; she's like a walking map of this place. There was some sort of signal being given off by the ship's internal sensor systems that was stopping our communication signal getting through. I think it also stopped Dexter from seeing what was going on through his scanner things. Don't ask me, though. I only do science because I have to."

Dexter's voice came over, "Now now, that's not the right attitude to have..."

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby BanditFalcon » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:55 pm

Great.

Postby J-Dude » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:10 pm

Hehehe...Barasia won't be too pleased if Blossom and Bell start giving her own vessel commands :) I'm surprised she would leave the brudge so accessible...Then again, maybe she meant for them to go there?

Either way, unless the bridge is booby-trapped, finding the control room to the whole ship is one Hell of a bonus. They could destroy the controls entirely, ensure the Diamondback is offline till they can destroy it...or Hell, if I were them, I'd bring the thing in for a landing...a crash landing, and make sure that weapon is crushed like a beer can to a burly-dude's forehead.

Then again, Barasia has been giving the ship occasional orders, and she's not on the bridge, meaning she likely has a mental link to the ship's computer, as well as a verbal command setup...

But still, being able to communicate again is great. And being able to get their bearings finally makes a potentially overwhelming sitation a lot less daunting. Not to say that there's any less threat from Barasia herself, but slowly Barasia is losing some of her home-field advantage. She's got plenty to spare, but any little thing that makes their job easier is fine.

Then again, I have a feeling that it won't be long before everything goes to Hell all at once.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:50 am

Yeah, JD. Either that or her ego just got a lil' larger a few minutes ago. :unsure: Or (and there goes the 'what ifs') she, you said, is leading to where she wanted and trap them like boobs.

Banditfalcon: You talking to me? :unsure: Then I don't get you.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby BlueNex0s » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:56 am

Woa! How long I've been not? Don't answer that. lol

Aw, too bad, you've been replaced by a another author, Griddles... I feel your pain :'(

I still like you writing.

And it's kinda a surprise for me that Buttercup wants to play Halo. But... come to think of it, I shouldn't be.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:01 am

He he... I'll just post this one here, if you don't mind. Since JD's the only one who is posting his pics here, I thought, "why can't I?"

Here's a pic of a girl whom we hated before and then adored when Grid posted this ginormous fic ^_^. Guess who?

[center]Image

Lineart by the guy with the orange shirt :happy:

Inked and colored by: K_M :bigsmile:[/center]
Not-an-animator

Postby GridsNaranek » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:25 am

Very nice work. However, don't post any others. Word has it that you're not supposed to have those pics.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Fummo » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:04 am

Its really cool to visualize this in my head..but it would be nice to see it in comic form. Awesome..over 8000 posts! ^_^

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:31 am

...Kusang_Manalo, how the heck did you get that? You have Skype as well? Also, why does Buttercup have Halo? Guess Adric doesn't mind the ratings of the ESRB. But hey, if she likes to shoot anything that moves, have her play Metroid!:P

In other news...Lucky Star has been licensed by Bandai Entertainment. That is all.

Postby gamefan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:53 pm

XD look awesome

and yeah, I was wondering the same question :P
Flowerpuff Girls Forever <3
Image Image

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:00 pm

@Griddles: :ogle: Really?

Uh... Sure. But Bleed wouldn't mind...would he? :unsure:

:Edit:
@Shad: How'd the heck I got this pic? I hacked into Bleed's computer to get it. lol Just kidding. I got this when Griddles posted in the PPGD forums... kinda forgot where. I worked my butt on the inking. Since it was my first time making a project such as this, I got some difficulties getting it right. But this is what came out of it. Like it?

And no. I don't have skype. My loyalty is to Yahoo lol.

Bandai licensed Lucky star? waw.

I wonder if Buttercup plays Counter-Strike.... or Gunz? I wanna game of 1 on 1 against if she ever plays lol
Not-an-animator

Postby GridsNaranek » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:36 pm

The only stuff I posted in PPGD forums was stuff that I had permission to post.... hmm, anyway, keep em to yourself (but send them to me via PM if ya can since I woulda already seen em).

Bubbles blinked, "But how come we couldn't talk to Blossom or Bell at all?"

Bell's voice, this time, "I'm not exactly sure..."

Dexter now, "I have a conjecture... I'd say that because you're using inter-ship communication, the communication must pass through more of the signal than it would to leave the ship and come down to me. That's why your signal simply failed to reach the others. I think that's Barasia's objective; to split you apart and then prevent you from rejoining. She's all about mind games, after all. Nothing worse than screaming your lungs out and not having anyone around to hear you."

"It'll take more than that to bring us down, though." Blossom's voice said confidently. "I don't think anything she can try and do will break us."

Bell's voice was soft-spoken yet her words hit them all hard, "If you believe that... then you severely underestimate her."

"Back to the matter at hand, if you please..." Buttercup interjected, "You're at the bridge, right?"

"Yup. Earth looks... quite beautiful from here." Blossom said, gentleness returning to her voice after her little show of boldness just before, "It took Bell and I by surprise... we actually just stood here and stared at it for a few minutes before we got back on task. It's... hypnotisi-"

"You wasted time by staring at the planet when you could have been HELPING us!?" Buttercup roared.

"Hey! You woulda done the same thing too-"

"Bubbles and I are stuck in this ship's butt and you're too busy looking at the planet to even flick a switch!? I bet you forget Bell was there, even!"

"Uh... no I didn't?"

"Oh really?" Buttercup growled, "How would you know?"

Blossom's voice seemed timid. Perhaps even... shy? "She.... she held my hand...."

Bubbles went wide-eyed and they sparkled with youthful glee at the sound of it. Buttercup, meantime, palmed her forehead. Bell's voice came over the comm-chip after a few moments, "There's one problem, though. We're at the bridge, the most important part of the ship, pretty much... and Barasia's not here."

"Of course she's not. You'd be dead, otherwise."

"BUTTERCUP!" yelled the three girls.

"Dexter, can you find her?"

"Not with my current readouts, no I can't, Blossom. She could be hiding anywhere on that ship."

Bubbles blinked, "Um... call this a stupid idea, but... what about using your Transys thing? It locks onto Bell's body just fine, so... maybe it can locate Barasia's?"

Dexter paused a moment, and Buttercup shot Bubbles another glance. One that asked her 'Why do you even TRY to be smart?'. But her glare of distaste turned to silent surprise as the boy's voice came back over, "Whoa... Bubbles, thanks!"

"What did I do?"

"Transys works on a different scanning band than my standard sensors. I've got you, Buttercup, Blossom and Bell... nice and clear, too! And if I reference this with my cross-sectional diagram of the vessel - thankyou, Bell - then I might just be able to- EUREKA!"

"Don't shout, dammit!" squawked Buttercup, "Stupid chip crackles like... what happened!?" she demanded.

"I now have a complete visual overview of the ship and your relative locations! I can even go deck by deck!" Dexter exclaimed with the kind of glee an aircraft enthusiast would get from going to an airshow. A big one. With jets.

"Whoopifuckingdoo." Buttercup was impressed in her own way.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby J-Dude » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:03 pm

Buttercup sure has developed quite a mouth hasn't she?

So, does this mean Dexter can find Barasia before Barasia finds them? And is Barasia even wise to their unprecedented advantages? My guess is no to the first, and yes to the 2nd, just because I know Barasia would never make things that easy for them. I could be totally wrong there, but I think you'd have to be a little disappointed in Barasia for her to allow the same or similar tricks that fouled the Matriarch botch her attempts here. Or maybe I'm overestimating Barasia? I dunno, I just get this feeling that in this scenario, Barasia is large and in charge, and is playing "Jigsaw" in this "Saw" film...

This time however, hopefully it will be the girls who get to say with damning finality "Game over..."
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby BanditFalcon » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:02 pm

Kusang_Manalo wrote:Banditfalcon: You talking to me? :unsure: Then I don't get you.

Heh. I thought I was Psycho for posting that.

Postby Next-Gen. » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:30 pm

Griddles wrote:don't post any others. Word has it that you're not supposed to have those pics.

Can I still post a pic here?

ALPHA: Welcome and enjoy the Final Battle!

Shadow: Kinda saw it coming.

Kusang: Picture= :rock:

JD: The games have just begun.
Name: NG
Griddles wrote:I'm a sadistic bastard :P

Word's, spoken from the master.

PreviousNext

Return to Literature