Griddles' series - Talisman (new thread for it as it starts)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:40 am

"Uh.... thanks..." Blossom muttered. She had a feeling that, even if she tried, Buttercup wouldn't be able to keep her oath.

Bell floated toward the opening in the wall and peered inside, "I think it gets a little wider as it approaches the intersection further inward. Blossom and I will go left, and you two," she gestured to Bubbles and Buttercup, the veritable Odd Couple, "will go right. Follow along as far as you can. Exits will be on the sides as you approach them. Probably more grilles like this one is."

"Was." Buttercup corrected smugly.

"Right." she poked her head in, "And it, uh... smells like stale fuel or something... might wanna hold your breath."

"How long will we be in there for?" Buttercup asked. Bubbles was still terrified by the girl's rashness.

Bell blinked, "Oh, a few minutes. It's a big ship, after all." she winked, poking her tongue out in her signature show of cheek. Blossom giggled. Buttercup, meanwhile, muttered something beneath her breath about Bell not needing to breathe. Bell grabbed Blossom's hand and with a secretive and almost conspiratory giggle they shot into the shaft and out of sight.

Buttercup threw her hands up in frustration, groaning loudly, "Great! Earth's only hope, crawling through stinky secret passages!"

"B-Buttercup..." Bubbles murmured, shyly and very timid, as if expecting herself to be hit across the face for even daring to utter a word.

Buttercup sighed, "What?"

"At... at least it's better than outside... right? Out... in the cold?" the little girl still quivered a little, as though a mere thought had managed to drop the room temperature. Unlike Buttercup, she much preferred being here. "And... the quicker we are... the sooner we can go home, right?"

"If there still is a...." Buttercup stopped herself short. She had to stop thinking like that. After so many years and so many battles, they had always prevailed. Always managed to save the day. Yes, perhaps the day would come when that would not be possible for them to do... but not here. Not today. "Heh... you're right. We'll get home. And all of this will be history."

Bubbles nodded and the two shared a few moments of silence, just staring into each other's eyes to offer comfort beyond words. Bubbles' smile slowly got bigger. They used to always fight, herself and Buttercup. But in times like this, all that disappeared and they acted like the true sisters that they were to each other: strong and inseparable. Bubbles found immense comfort in that. She had nothing to be afraid of when Buttercup was-

"DEXTER!"

"KYAAAH!" Bubbles jumped, afraid.

Buttercup growled, getting frustrated, "Get your damn walky-talky working or we're going at this alone!"

The muffled, distorted voice responded, "Don't get.... -anties in a bunch.... ...doing what I ca.... dampening fiel... in operation!"

Buttercup clenched her fists, "You're USELESS sometimes, four-eyes!"

"Did he just... say something about your...?" Bubbles asked, going red-cheeked.

"Dammit... Blossom, Bell, how 'bout you? Can you hear me?" Buttercup asked.

To her alarm, Blossom's voice came over the comm-chip as the same muffled and garbled distortion that Dexter's did, as if to say that she was just as far away as he was, despite having only just left her side with Bell a few moments ago, "Butterc.... at you? Someth... ...wrong with the... don't know what it could... where are you?"

"I'm exactly where you left me! Something must be blocking this signal from inside the ship!"

Bell's voice, calm and serene, came over, but it too was corrupted by the lacklustre reception, "So we'll hav... ..ake out whatever is... ...sing the signal dis.... ...no idea where it could be."

"We'll wo... ..it out." Blossom said in response.

Buttercup rubbed her forehead, "Alright... we're flying half blind in a ship we know nothing about, hunted by a girl who wants to fricassee us with those stupid fingernail blades of hers... give me a giant, mutated, horribly-animated monster over this, anytime." She reopened her eyes, sick of staring at the blank walls in this blank fighterbay on this gloriously blank ship. She turned to Bubbles again, thankful that she at least had someone to talk to without worrying about signal disruption. Knowing Bubbles, they'd probably get separated, then even that annoyingly high-pitched voice would become garbled and thus even worse than how it already was to her ears. She was alright when she was quiet, though. Buttercup grinned. It was time. "Well Bubbles... ready to raise some hell?"

Bubbles nodded, "Would love to!" 'For Breannin!!' her mind yelled, patriotically.

Buttercup gestured for her to follow, before shooting herself into the maintenance duct in a bright green flash. Over her shoulder she called, "You better stay with me! Or next time, I'm bringing a leash!"

Again, a small hiatus to write some more. School's over for me, so I'll have more spare time. Also, it's confirmed now that Bell will NOT be a gynoid in the PPGD. What a shame. This is still the PPGD continuation since PPGD is still dead in the water, but once that comic gets started up again (Okay, IF it gets started again), this will become a PPGD "What If...?"

I'm also no longer part of the PPGD creative team. Vinz got a new guy for the job. However I'm still onboard for GT and SB til further notice. And I WILL write this fic still and I WILL get it drawn by someone (Maybe Ovis, in place of that PPGD revival series that died before it could draw first breath), if not for the fans, then at the very least to show Vinz just what he has missed out on!
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:57 pm

What's this...Bell no longer a gynoid in...well, in the words of The Master...I WIN!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:devil:

...seriously, did you quit or was it a forced resignation of sorts? You're the best guy Bleedman could have for story ideas in PPGD! The heck did he replace you with?! More importantly, when did all this happen? Wish I could've vouched for you. Drat... :brickwall:

Meh, complaints aside, nice to see that you're still on the other two. Also...how was graduation? More importantly...where to from there?
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby Next-Gen. » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:44 pm

WHAAAAAAAAA!?!?!?!?! (okay, got that out of my system)

No seriously, not like had any offense to the idea, heck, I even grew to love it. But a Gynoid is a bit of a far stretch in term's of past cartoon's. I guess after seeing the RRB I really had view of her being a...you know what, nevermind. I'd rather not spoil anything in case I'm right (which i think i just may 85.6% chance maybe)

But WHO THE F*** COULD REPLACE A GREAT WRITER LIKE YOU!?!? (seriously, is bleed on hemp?)

Shadow:...Uh, yeah, about that. I got some good news, and bad news.

Good News: He's still willing to do my commission, which will require patience, I was late to ask so he's got a ton already.

Bad news: He so over swamped with commissions, detail's of the pic will only consist of her, and not us. I asked him if he could fit it into his schedule. He replied "If you don't mind seeing it from the abidamy of next year" (ergo, awhile).

But the pic will happen and will still rock, so +_+ to That!

...Uh, just 1 thing. Where did all this information suddenly come from? and any particular reason now? I mean, unless.......Naaaah, get those thought's out of my head.
Name: NG
Griddles wrote:I'm a sadistic bastard :P

Word's, spoken from the master.

Postby J-Dude » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:01 pm

This is a dark day...While I had a gut feeling that Bleed wouldn't change his mind (I just have an instinct for that I guess) I didn't think he'd just cut you from PPGD's loop, especailly after all you've done. Technically you've only worked on one chapter of PPGD, but still, in the interim you've shown a Hell of a commitment. Well, on Bleed's own head be it. If and when Ovisniger decides to make your fic a comic, and publishes it alongside a likely inferior (plot-wise) official PPGD, I think we'll find the fans of PPGD divide themselves. There will be some who prefer Bleed's, but I'm sure given the quality the comic will no doubt have in Ovisniger's hands that some people will embrace your version over Bleed's, and then Bleedman will have to do nothing but wonder what could have been, as his new writer with his "clever new Bell origin". With enough publicity and endorsing from us, it could become BIG. The fans will compare, and decide themselves, and once they read enough of "Black & White" and "Lifelines", I'm sure people will get hooked :)

However, I'm sure based on your comments on it that you want to go back and tweak "Black and White" to your standards ;)

We're with you 100% Grid'. If Bleed doesn't want to listen to ya', it's his loss.

@Next-Gen: You mean my semi-photorealistic head model has been for naught? Oh well, I'll still show it for fun when it's done. I learned a lot making that model, and that's always a good reason to do something.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:53 pm

Since nothing's really official yet, apart from the fact that gynoid is out the window, let me explain what it was dropped in favour of:

Apparently Doctor X is some sort of ethical zealot who believes that he must test the true means of good and evil, whose arrogant belief that his is right stems from being mutated by Chem X. Now we all know that good and evil is a matter of perspective, so this offers a few challenges. Apparently, the OTHER writer believes Chemical X is like some sort of Good/Evil dictator that brings out one of the two in someone based upon their morals. Doctor X creates Bell in the exact same way the normal PPG were created.

That being, in a pan, with all three ingredients plus Chemical. The only difference is she is SOMEHOW condensed down into a single puff instead of breaking into three, something that defies Chemical X standard nature in exception to Bunny, who blew herself to bits in an episode's time, anyway. He offered no distinct explanation about HOW Bell came to be like this, either.

So now Bell enforces his will and he wants to somehow demoralise the PPG into questioning what it is to be good in their terms, even though it's clear from PPGD that he is more afraid of their power and thus created Bell as a counter. From this, X wants to enforce his view upon the world and, from there.... I don't know. He never told me about any long-term stuff.

But what this idea does NOT cover in depth is:

1) Why X has legions of Darkstar halfwits at his disposal.
2) Whether or not Bell NEEDS to be a fleshy or a gynoid to enforce this.
3) Why he kept Mojo in his lair after receiving whatever necessary information he wanted from him.
4) What X does if his plan inevitably falls through since history shows that all of humanity will NEVER follow a SINGLE ideal.   

So yeah, good luck Vinz. It ain't my burden anymore. He's still welcome to come back and use my idea before it's too late, but then again, he won't, because the only reason he dropped it is because "Robots are yesterday's news" and he wants "Something new". Clearly, this overrides the fact that my story does wonders for readers and covers heaps of the plot gaps still left to be covered.
But hey, as Vinz and Seiryuga remind me in times of great unfairness "That's life."
Last edited by GridsNaranek on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:27 pm

Wow...that...all of a sudden, I'm not laughing anymore. So Bleedman himself says that robots are yesterday's news? And...okay, first things first. Did this new editor write other things prior to being hired? It'd be good to see what this guy/gal has under his/her belt, just...just to see what we can expect in terms of articulateness and linguistics. Secondly, how can he come up with all of that and NOT address those four you mentioned?! Heck, at least in my fic it was indirectly implied that Mojo was taken to create the lava-dinos. Yes, twas a bit sub-par but I...well, that was a few years ago.

And...someone mind guessing HOW Bell came as one instead of three if she was made in the exact same fashion? No secret ingredient to bind the ingredients and break the laws of Chemical X itself? (Griddles, you know which one I suggested. Hint: Starts with W and L)

Unless this new one hasn't planned things all the way through...to be honest, I'm more along the lines of Chemical X being a "molecular randomizer" as mentioned in part 2 (Squiggles. Weird title though) of What I Have Left. As for Bell, you said it right before. The ultimate opponent of the Powerpuffs being a counter in most ways...down to the way she was created...has great potential. Alas, that's...not the exact quote but I'm sure its something like that.

But at least we still have this and Ovis's upcoming adaption(which I assume will quadruple your pageview rate). Still...does this rule out ALL chances of Barasia and even Bree showing up in PPGD? Also...while I understand Bleedman's schedule prevents him from reading this much, did the new one read at least Black and White? Just wondering...
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)

Postby J-Dude » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:29 pm

This guy's an amateur. I can see a hundred different consistency errors already. This is like plugging a round peg into a square hole. And Bleed's total misunderstanding of the gynoid concept and it's plot advantages is apparent.

Anytime anyone's done a robotic character, they've made sure they were easily identifiable as such, or else saw human customs as so hopelessly foreign that thier behavior that machines were all they'd ever be. But you went and did something that was simple, yet brilliant: Make them no different from us in appeareance or behavior. It's rechnically simple character-wsie because you don't have to think about how a robot would respond or react or perceive because this robot acts just like a human. But adding in the strife the machine has to endure based on it's own unique problems is that carefully attuned bit of character that pulls it all together and gives the characters the motivation they need. I don't know anyone else who can say they've achieved that, and really, I think Mr. Ngo missed the point entirely.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:39 pm

Consistency errors? In that little bio Griddles gave out or are you chatting with this new editor right now? Also, Griddles had it slightly easy. When you have gynoids that act like the ordinary human yet more, just pretend they're just that...on certain times.

Postby Next-Gen. » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:05 am

...The only thing I can really see this becoming an advantage and succeding as is, is the Side Story's. Such as the RRB's Saga which by now has accumulated a fan base just as large as the PPG's in general. Also the Cameo's that will continue to pop up over time, thus, giving this new writer the status of Bleeds 2nd aposoul. Thus, his story will succeed in term's of fan base, yet discontinue in term's of sense.

Not to mention the other comic's within a few year's may be mistaken as his work as well (i mention him, being the new writer, in the third person, being i don't know who it is). So yeah, sorry Grid's, but it has happened. Some people are Still mistaking Happy's work as Bleeds to this day.

Re: Griddles' PPGD continuation series: Reunification

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:47 am

Grid's spoiler quote

To all honesty, this made my nose bleed. It's pretty deep for my understanding how he became the "zealot of morals". It's way too deep.

What? PPGD's DOOM now? You know, the serum thing. I speculate that's this is ripped out from the DOOM movie...

I don't know what will come out of this but... I'll say this hypothetically: Bleed just told Grid was, I think, the tip of the iceberg. He's not telling anymore other than that , if he's that smart :P. I would. If I kicked out my editor, I wouldn't tell much--it's not that I don't have trust him or anything. Well, unless of course he's a friend or some one closer.

I'm wondering if Bleed's new editor's another "out-of-reach" person, a person too far away to converse eye-to-eye. I'm beginning to think that the new guy's closer to home, which I think will be advantageous for his part. I think. If that new guy's got the skills like Grid.

Well, that's my opinion. Let's see what will come out of this, shall we? Hopefully, it will be disappointing or he'll just be receiving flames...from yours truly. lol
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby gamefan » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:14 am

XD that a great news, I agree with Shad, Bell is better if she is not a gynoid :3

anyways, no matter what can happen, we will support you always, Gridds
Flowerpuff Girls Forever <3
Image Image

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:01 am

Wait, what?! I never said that. I was just saying that I now appreciate the idea. I just want to see how this new editor pulls this one off. I actually expected half of what Griddles did for Bell to be canon to PPGD itself! He did more for the albino loli then her creator...which is odd really.

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:10 am

And yet everything I ever did has no bearing for Vinz because robots are too overused, apparently. No other reason.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby J-Dude » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:34 pm

Well, Next-Gen's Bree commision isn't going to involve any of us now, but I hate seeing work go to waste, so here's the finished "bust" self-model anyway. The likeness is at least good, and the smile definitely looks like mine. This is my first time using "Hair and Fur" effects, as well as my first attempt at photorealistic skin, which I know still seems off-color. The lips were TOUGH...if only for trying to get the right color without it looking like lipstick. I know my eyes aren't nearly THAT blue...closer to grey actually, but wth, right?

Enjoy, don't, whatever. Just another self-challenge I enjoyed doing...It also creeped my mother out lol

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:49 pm

The eyes are as blue as Bubbles. You can always try the list of colors on Wikipedia if you have trouble with coloring...though I doubt you do. Shading's great as well. DO ME NEXT!!

...kidding. In fact, don't. I'll most likely look ugly in 3D. And Griddles, did Bleedman think that before or after the new editor came along?

Postby BeeAre » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:08 pm

Hi, guys, I'm the new editor. :0)
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:36 pm

Yup, this is BeeAre (Seir calls him Beer). He's taking control of PPGD's story department. Wish him well, kids!

A week and four days til my birthday! What you guys gonna give me? :P

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Grimreaper in training » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Hiyas. Nice avy lol

And my B-day is on Saturday w00t

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:57 pm

Damn you for beating me! But then again, I'm the one turning 18 :P

My sis's birthday is on Sunday. It's birthday time of year! The PPG were born in January and Bell was created at around March-ish. My daughter character, Alex, was born on August 29.

FYI...

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:11 pm

And the Creampuffs were created on...um...well Cindy Piper's birthday is...did I mention Emily Hinata's is on...drat. I only have one for Shad Staydamind. Same as me.:P

...CRAP!!! What would make a good gift? Hmm...hope I have something at least before November. Even if I have to pay someone to make it happen.

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:16 pm

You got 11 days to find something :P

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:20 pm

Hmm...does writing count?

Postby J-Dude » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:36 pm

@Shad: Thnx ^_^

@Beeare: Mmmhmm...Hello replacement. Impress us...elsewise live forever under the shadow of the mighty Griddles!!! Muhuwahahahahahaha!!!

@Grid': No wai! Your b-day's coming up? Oh boy...lol. Two birthdays to prepare for now: yours, and my little brother's (Nov. 1st: All Saint's Day)

Hmm...the perfect gift for Grid'...what could THAT be...

Postby Next-Gen. » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:58 pm

Grid: Eh, it's there loss. Besides, I doubt most people wold understand the past cartoon reference's over Doctor Who anyway.

And my BD's in December, as well, turning 18 (and that damn da block will deactivate). MORE GIFT'S FORE ME!! lol

JD: Nice. I'll store that to see if I can use it for future commission's.

BeeAre:...What JD said.

As for gift's...I'm Giving You An Exclusive Bree Commission from Bleed! ^_^

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:05 pm

Bree commission...well, there goes my idea.

PreviousNext

Return to Literature