Griddles' series - Talisman (new thread for it as it starts)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby GridsNaranek » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:14 pm

"Hey," came Blossom's voice. Bell blinked and turned her head to meet Blossom's eyes. That strawberry gaze made Bell feel so good inside, like ice cream you could look at and feel content without eating. Eat Blossom? Bell blushed a little at the thought. "Remember, girls..." she said aloud for everyone to hear, "when we do this... we do it for Breannin above all else. She wouldn't want us to feel disheartened and frightened just cos she died the way she did... I know it didn't help any but she would want us to fight for her. And like I told Bell... it's what we need to do, because she did the exact same for us and kept going right to the end. We're gonna do this okay?" she glanced at Bubbles who was still pale but able to smile and nod in response. "Now we can finally say that this is for Breannin."

Buttercup nodded, "For Breannin!" she called out, motivated. The lacking air made her voice sound a little distant and when it echoed off the hull of the silent monster it seemed to come from very far away.

"For little sis..." Bell murmured, "You're dead 'cause I did nothing to help... so I'll make it up to you by doing something this time. Something big... something you'd be proud of..."

Blossom looked up toward the open fighter bay, "Bell, you'll need to guide us. There's a good chance that we could get lost on this thing and waste precious time. Do you have a schematic of this thing?" Blossom knew that, like the Matriarch before it, Dominatrix would be more than just the inside of DYNAMO. It was like a whole different world inside those ships.

"There'll be an energy screen between the inside of the fighter bay and here. It'll let us through but it's designed to keep the interior of the ship at a constant environmental setting without exposing it to the exterior. There'll be more air. And it'll be warmer-"

"I'm SO THERE!" Buttercup called out, rushing forward and dragging the weakened Bubbles with her. She came to a halt below the fighter bay and then rocketed up inside, passing through a thin blue screen that glowed around her body as it pervaded.

Blossom blinked, "She's awfully eager to fly toward our biggest foe."

Bell ignored the observation and, as she floated toward the fighter bay with a little less vigour than Buttercup but just as much commitment, she said to herself, "And so... like a thousand other soldiers on a thousand other battlefields... I await the dawn. And like the sun in the sky... soon my vengeance shall come full circle..."

I'll take about a day off from updating just to get a bit further ahead in my writing. My latest piece on DA was real time-consuming.
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby bob-dude » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:33 pm

So, was this a chapter? I'm never sure if what you put up here is a chapter or not due to the lack of a title. Either way it was good.
Paolini: Characters are born of necessity

Griddles: Well you know I am sadistic... I'll only kill a character when their purpose is served.

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:36 pm

In here, Griddles updates in sparse paragraphs FROM the chapter on his document file. Over time, an entire chapter is posted, albeit in fragments. This...might make it easier for you since they're somewhat short. Full chapters are of course, at DA.
The Life and Times of Shad Staydamind PPG fic; finished. part 1/3
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)
Hidden Angels Original, ongoing fiction. (also hiated. Stupid college!)

Postby bob-dude » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:06 pm

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

Griddles: Well you know I am sadistic... I'll only kill a character when their purpose is served.

Postby Comic Kitten » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:38 pm

Very excelent update, Griddles!
Fantastic work.
Meow.

Postby Next-Gen. » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:31 am

...Where did that last line come from?
Name: NG
Griddles wrote:I'm a sadistic bastard :P

Word's, spoken from the master.

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:57 am

Bell reads a lot of literature.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:55 am

Really? And I thought Vexus was obsessed with Shakesphere...what kind of literature? Drama? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Sci-fantasy?
Dual Minds Think Alike PPGD fic, part 2/3; finished (trilogy is on an indefinite hiatus)

Re: Griddles' PPGD continuation series: Reunification

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:19 am

It's "Troy"!!!!!

Well, it kinda sounded like it...
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby gamefan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:07 pm

hehehe awesome update

ohh, its ok, Griddles........we can wait a bit for the next one, all know you can be busy sometimes, and of course genius need time XD

cant wait for that draw you are working X3
Flowerpuff Girls Forever <3
Image Image

Postby J-Dude » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:23 pm

Another excellent installment, as I mentioned. I'm glad to hear confidence in Bell's voice.

Oh, and I highly advise anyone who hasn't yet to read Grid's new once-off on DA! By the end you'll be glad you did, and be eager for the next part!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, since nobody else is thinking up villains, how about we go to a fuzzier match up...

Barasia (full power) versus Lord Voldemort (minus horcruxes)!!!

Magic versus technology, lord versus goddess, young versus old, Griddles versus Rowling! Who comes out on top in this one? (I look forward to the debating on THIS one)
Last edited by J-Dude on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Next-Gen. » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:30 pm

...Naaah, Barsia still win's. That old idiot doesn't have the capacity to match her strength. Besides, it's practically a rule the younger generation always wins.

Voldemort: Ex-pel-a...

Barasia: *fry's him with sun beam eye's*

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:36 pm

Barasia, nuff said. I mean...does the Killing Curse even WORK on artificial beings?

Postby J-Dude » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:46 pm

@Next-Gen: Well, we all figure that physically Ol' Riddle isn't very fit, but then he doesn't need to be since he's so friggin' brilliant at magic. And Voldy would never be caught dead using Expelliarmus. He doesn't disarm people; he kills them first.

@Shad: Good question :) Though I'm fairly sure the Avada Kedavra has brought ruin to objects in it's path whenever the attack misses. I'm sure Voldemort would be unnerved at the revelation of just what Barasia was, but knowing she's made of mechanical parts, he might even be able to force her to fall to pieces with a Reductor spell. Barasia has the advantage in speed and sheer power, but magic is also known to make machinery go haywire just by being present in the air. Voldemort's shielding abilities while stemming from a different origin might just be as formidable as Barasia's. And the ability to apparate to wherever he can think of gives him an element of surprise.

I'll leave this up in the air since I can't decide myself. Any other thoughts?
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:03 am

He he. Wow never thought a cast from Harry Potter would get to be put against Barasia. Never saw it coming... I think it'd be some fight...

:EDIT:

Wait I restate that... Barasia will have no trouble killing Voldemort. When he first sees Barasia, he will cast Avada Kedavra. Since Avada Kedavra only kills living things, it will just ricochette when it touches Barasia's body. If simple walls can ricochet Avada Kedavra, then obviously, Barasia metalic frame will to.

He MAY use the Reductor curse on Barasia but... I wonder he would react the same as he did in Goblet of Fire, his very trusty curse became of no use... If true, then one second is more than enough for Barasia to send him to the other side.

But this is without the Elder Wand. If he had it, THAT would be a different story...
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby bob-dude » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:59 am

Wonder if we want a REAL magic vs technology, why not Hao with Spirit of Fire from Shaman King or Thief King Bakura with his god monster Diabound/ Dark god Zorc with Aknaudin when he becomes evil and stuff vs Barasia (full power).

I'm personally going with the guys because: 1, I doubt Barasia would even be able to see any of them having no 6th sense at all. 2 I have no idea but wonder if her force field thing would be able to stand up to magic attacks coming at her from no where. I think I had others but that's it, please don't bite my head off. I just giving out ideas here.

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:21 am

Barasia blinked, "They're aboard..." she glanced sidewards, out toward the glowing viewports that depicted the pristine planet beyond. Barasia had not moved in the slightest since her arrival. She didn't need or have to. The Earth spun through night-time and went about its own business as Barasia hid her ship from view by its masking field. She had activated the exterior proximity defence turret and blown a satellite to pieces as it had come between her and the path of the girls. That would have scared but not killed them. A demoralised enemy was quicker to defeat. But she was not done chipping down their mental defences yet. She sent a thought to the computer and it responded a moment later with a mere buzz. Barasia smirked. That was all she needed to know.

The body in front of her, with its flowing onyx hair, seemed more beautiful every hour. To use a term she picked up from observing Earth cult shows from oriental nations, the body was very 'moe-provoking'. Soon she would be one with that body, and thus, this mere smaller vessel of her existence would cease to have purpose. She looked forward to that so much. The body was not just a beautiful new look; it was a doorway, one that lead to infinite possiblities. She wanted the universe, and everything in it, in the palm of her hand. And just as she would have the powers to stop the suns from burning, so too would she extinguish all opposition to her new dominion. Then she would finally find a place in the universe where people would treat her with the respect, dignity and love she deserved. A perfect universe shaped around her. All of that... so close to her reach. She kept sending thoughts to the computer, both machines symbiotic in their silent relationship as positronic radiation between the two allowed them to stay in constant contact. With the graviton brain used in this new model, everything that Barasia considered to be advanced would seem like yesterday's news. Not only could she explore the universe; she could explore herself. The computer sent back another buzz, and Barasia grinned for a moment, then closed her eyes. Internal sensors noted that the girls were aboard, all four, but staying in the fighter bay. Yet another thought to the computer told it to close the only opening she provided the girls, thus sealing them inside. There would be no escape for them. Humans were such cowards, and living amongst them, any super-being would become such. Eventually they would find their way here, whether they wanted to or not.

Her obsidian eyes reopened and she muttered, "Are you ready for your task?" She sent yet another thought to the computer, the array of interactions between the two endless.

Behind her, a fair way behind in fact, she heard a voice. A low, hushed voice responding to her answer. The moment she heard it, she smiled a little, pleased. This would indeed be interesting. The voice spoke matter-of-factly. The voice said "Yes."

Barasia nodded and closed her eyes again, allowing herself to be absorbed in the masses of data. If they arrived here, she would be ready. But if they did not hurry... then readiness would resemble a twelve year old.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby BlueNex0s » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:05 am

That's more like it. The action's coming. Kinda funny too, the thought of Bell "eating" Blossom. lol

Postby gamefan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:59 am

I think I know what will happen here XD

but look like I cant know the true yet, soo lets keep waiting

awesome update
Flowerpuff Girls Forever <3
Image Image

Postby J-Dude » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:41 am

I didn't quite grasp the implications of the second voice until I read this a second time...I thought at first it was Barasia's new body...but it seems what many of us have feared is being realized...

So the girls will meet resistence on their way...they will be met I believe, by someone who is not what they seem...And I now I know not to trust Grid' anymore when he tries to assure as that something ISN'T going to happen!

But the whole thing with the gravitonic brain allowing her to "explore herself"...Hmm...different, more powerful brain...and therefore capable of thinking greater thoughts, as well as thinking in ways she may beforehand have been incapable of...meaning she might be surprised at how differently she reacts to others...Hmm...Might mean she could think things she HADN'T bothered thinking before...I wonder though what she plans on doing with the old body. Would she see it as weakness of the past and discard it, or does she plan to keep it as a reminder of what she's accomplished?

And finally...how does Barasia plan on transferring her COSNCIOUSNESS to the new body? Sure she brought her data to the new shell, but she didn't CUT and paste, she COPIED and pasted...so the original her is still online. If the new one is complete, does she plan to deactivate herself and have the new one continue her legacy? Unless she has an answer here, essentially she's making a new advanced clone of herself and then killing herself. It won't really be her...I'd REALLY feel sorry for her if she overlooks this and ends up wondering why she's still in her body when the new version stands up and decides to terminate the outmode...that'd be really sad, despite what she's done...

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:51 pm

If you mean someone's back that shouldn't be as fear, then I hoped it does not come to that... or I hope it doesn't...? >:D

Her gravitonic brain... it made me think. If she has a powerful brain to "explore" herself, should she be sensitive about other and NOT kill blow them to oblivion? I pondered about it but still I'm not sure, though.
Not-an-animator

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:37 am

Don't ask why, but that explore part might've brought thoughts that are...currently unspeakable at the moment.

And concerning that voice...not the onboard PC. Sorry, but since I don't see any signs that its monotone, and its far away, and the fact that its so matter-of-factly...tis HER. Barasia even thought that it'd be interesting. Unless there are traps scattered all over, and I highly doubt low-level droids would be under her control...in fact, I'm sure of it. She'd be caught dead doing that.

The voice was low and hushed. Only one comes to mind when I imagine a voice like that. Well, many come to mind but in this case, just one. I'll be vague here myself. The final act of persuasion has finished construction. What would be interesting to Barasia is the reaction of her final opponents.

Tis getting steadily more obvious by the update...or select updates. We just need to wait three more pages or eight updates until its revealed that J-dude and myself are indeed, right. And if I'm not right...*chalks up the bazillionth tally* There's always Helix saga.

Postby GridsNaranek » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:46 am

Barasia hasn't been building any gynoids. Like I said, there are only five people on this ship, not including Barasia's inactive new body.

Buttercup grit her teeth in obvious agitation. She was floating, mid-air, above a pair of enormous steel doors slowly closing up as if swallowing them inside the belly of this gargantuan machine. The last glints of space and the planet below were cut off from view by those thick bulkheads. Once upon a time this room, whose temperatures were far more like room temperature (maybe a few degrees below) but seeming like a sauna when compared to outside, would have stored smaller spacecraft as some sort of detachment squadron made to defend its mothership. Buttercup wondered why that was necessary, given that an enormous railgun on the front of ANY ship would have been enough to scare most opponents off. She glanced around the strange room and took in the peculiar designs that futurekind had engraved into the walls and ceiling, in the centre of which was an enormous overhead fan that spun slowly, not seeming to suck up or blow out any air. Buttercup was grateful for air. Outside there had been barely enough but in here, where the simulated conditions were very similar to Earth, she and Bubbles were sucking air up like vacuum cleaners as they tried to get themselves back to normal. Blossom was doing much the same only far less vigourously, and Bell...

Bell just hovered there.

Bubbles sucked air in with exaggerated gasps, a healthier shade of pink coming to her cheeks and replacing the paleness of before. She seemed far happier here than in the environment outside. She panted as though having run a thousand miles and was probably looking forward to resting herself entirely. As soon as those huge doors locked shut she dropped down onto them and sat down on the freezing metal, ignoring the cold it sent through her legs and just enjoying the fact that, once again, she could breathe properly. Buttercup knew that Bubbles had the lowest resilience and she responded well to positive stimulations. Dropping, too, to the metal floor that seemed more like it was made out of ice given its smoothness and sheer lack of warmth, Buttercup placed her hand on Bubbles' head, rubbing her blonde curls gently as the girl regained her stamina. If Bubbles had lost conscience outside and fallen back to Earth, Dexter had better have gotten her to safety with that Transys thing. Otherwise, if anything happened to Bubbles, despite her constant warring with her, Buttercup would never forgive Dexter for it. She turned to Bell, not wanting to stay in the same place for too long. "She's not waiting for us. Where to, tour guide?"

Bell narrowed her eyes, recalling the layout of this ship. She had no idea where Barasia would be hiding on this vessel, so she had to simply make a guess. There were four of them and one of her. The best way to find her would be to split up... but the SMARTEST way to find her would be as a group. So Bell made the logical compromise, lifting her gaze to Buttercup and saying, "We need to split into groups of two."

Buttercup gaped, "Are you KIDDING!?"

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Next-Gen. » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:12 pm

Logically speaking, that makes alot of sense at this point.

Griddles wrote:Barasia hasn't been building any gynoids. Like I said, there are only five people on this ship, not including Barasia's inactive new body.

...Logically speaking, you make no sense.

Who will be able to stop them from reaching Barasia in time for her to transfer to her new body? Unless, the ship has something else up it's sleeve?

Now I'm just thinking out my ass here. Whatever, I'm too far at this point to toss out random speculation. However, I do have a rough idea of some turn of event's that may happen as well (but at this point who doesn't).

Postby Shadowed State of Mind » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:48 pm

Minor predictions. Blossom and Bell will make one group. Bubbles and Buttercup will compose the second. The latter may or may not have some sort of heart-to-heart chat along the way, especially considering what Bubbles said to Buttercup on that sunny day. Wouldn't be surprised if Buttercup is still a bit iffed about that.

Blossom and Bell...well, that speaks for itself.

PreviousNext

Return to Literature