Griddles' series - Talisman (new thread for it as it starts)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Griddles' PPGD-based series - Coming Soon: Talisman

Postby matt8555 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:41 pm

ah that sucks this situation hasn't been resolved yet...Figured SOMEONE in charge would come to their sences...

And Blaze, don't do it! I recognise that reference, and it could backfire into something worse then what is already occuring.

Postby bob-dude » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:47 pm

Griddles wrote:Guys, please, stop RPing.

I'm considering locking this thread. After all that's happened and the fact that my appeal is going nowhere, the coward won and that I apparently deserved all this, my desire to write has been killed off pretty much completely.

I'm sorry.

For the appeal going nowhere, patience is a virtue. Lame/corny saying I know but it's really all I think you can do at this point, wait and have faith in the system. And look at it this way you can toy with concepts and art drawings in your spare time ^_^; This is my(REALLY) lame ass attempt to cheer you up. :unsure: It also might be best if you took a break from the Internet(Bleed stuff aside) a small vacation of sorts if you will, at least until the appeal starts up or you back to your normal self(I'm sensing some depression here).

Just trying to help but odds are screwing up worst then before here.
Paolini: Characters are born of necessity

Griddles: Well you know I am sadistic... I'll only kill a character when their purpose is served.

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:14 pm

Faith in a system that has lopsided, nonexistent rules you can be banned for, that bans people just to set an example and that has no interest in playing fair is not much to have faith in.

I wanna go to Canada...
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Melcadrien » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:01 pm

Get a hold of yourself kid. Are you going to let one ban bring your life down around you? That's not the grid's I know.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:12 pm

matt8555 wrote:And Blaze, don't do it! I recognise that reference, and it could backfire into something worse then what is already occuring.

I'm not going to quit on Griddles yet. He's done so much for me, and now it's my turn to do something for him.

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:35 pm

Next-Gen. wrote:Hey come on grid's, no one likes a quitter. you been at the scene for Year's and no one has the right to take that away from you. Tell you what, Here's an idea I been mulling over for awhile now. Technically you are banned from the DA, But your fan's sure as heck aren't.

It's simple, Find a recipient to submit the rest of your future work's to the DA under Your name. there is absolutely No rule against That.

This is a great idea!

I'll do it, if you like, Grid. I'll be your medium to let others in dA see your works :D
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby bob-dude » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:25 am

I think he's using the PPG OC club at DA. At least that's what it says on his banned page.
Paolini: Characters are born of necessity

Griddles: Well you know I am sadistic... I'll only kill a character when their purpose is served.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:50 am

Well there's always the thing of making another account. Just not right away. Give it a little time before making a new one.

My girlfriend (which Matt here is also good friends with) was banned because people reported her for what they thought of "theft" of someone else art. That wasn't the case since the art they complained about WAS hers and she was terrific at it too. Unfortunately, the admins went with the reporters because of "popular vote" due to two people gaining up on her.

Right now she has a new DA account and there haven't been any problems, so even if Matt can't his account back he can always make a new one after a little bit of time.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:22 pm

Yeah, that's one but when word got to Jose, he'll be charging with his bandwagon.... Not-so-good result.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby BlazingBarrager » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:27 pm

True...

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:35 pm

wants to flood Jose's page...
Not-an-animator

Postby BlazingBarrager » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:51 pm

Ruby: *wants to eat him whole*

Postby Q.U. » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:51 pm

I see Blazing also needs a lesson to stop RPing here...

And making a new account is not the exact same in this case. 1st is that you don't know how long gamefan will be on alert and searching for such comeback to report it again. Secondly, DA ban is given to a "person" not the "account". So if any admin sees Grids back and remembers that he was banned he will get banned again. And with Grid's popularity it might be hard to hide his comeback too.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:15 pm

Q.U. wrote:I see Blazing also needs a lesson to stop RPing here...

*smacks you with the STFU Iron*

Postby Seiryuga » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:01 pm

"And making a new account is not the exact same in this case. 1st is that you don't know how long gamefan will be on alert and searching for such comeback to report it again. Secondly, DA ban is given to a "person" not the "account". So if any admin sees Grids back and remembers that he was banned he will get banned again. And with Grid's popularity it might be hard to hide his comeback too."

AHAHAH!

eh...trust me on this one, he's not that popular to begin with. He only looks popular because you guys see him active around here mostly.
copyrights are a bitch ain't it?

Postby matt8555 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:27 pm

i never said to give up, merely chose a better method of dealing with the problem then "operation destiny bond".

now i haven't been to into my deviant account to worry about being banned, and as such only have a basic understanding of what could and couldn't get me banned. I didn't think the admins there were so poor as you all describe, but then again i am the guy who tries to trust in the better part of human behavior.

but i guess getting more information on this would be the best way to see how to handle it. what exactly were you banned for, or do you not know?
also knowing why he would get you banned would be somewhat useful. but that is up to you to share griddles, i wont pry if you want to deal with this yourself.

on a side note, after taking the time to look through his stuff and the basic terms of service, getting him banned would be surprisingly very easy, especially if the admins are as lax on checking for more proof then hearsay.....

Postby Q.U. » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:28 am

eh...trust me on this one, he's not that popular to begin with. He only looks popular because you guys see him active around here mostly.

But there are some fans there... Besides, there are also those simple "friends" that would also make it more visible.

BTW
You're more popular than Grids on DA Seir? Or the other way round? I don't follow the trends there so I can't know :p
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:27 am

http://comments.deviantart.com/1/97604683/841056344

Look at his complacency. Because I am banned, he now thinks Lexine is his.
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Seiryuga » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:48 am

Q.U. wrote:

But there are some fans there... Besides, there are also those simple "friends" that would also make it more visible.

BTW
You're more popular than Grids on DA Seir? Or the other way round? I don't follow the trends there so I can't know :p

I don't know about you, but when it comes to DA. People are more usually going to look for a visual artwork not a written one.
copyrights are a bitch ain't it?

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:08 am

Griddles wrote:http://comments.deviantart.com/1/97604683/841056344

It make as much sense as this.

So if I ban my daughter's father then I get to keep her? Weird logic there.
Not-an-animator

Postby Q.U. » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:23 am

I don't know about you, but when it comes to DA. People are more usually going to look for a visual artwork not a written one.

Yes, but... that's not what I asked ;)

So if I ban my daughter's father then I get to keep her? Weird logic there.

Don't know any Lexine, but if I read it right they made her up together to some extent. Besides, he feels free to do it because Grids cannot report him now.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:25 am

That or I can push the ban button :3
Not-an-animator

Postby BlazingBarrager » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:08 am

Kusang_Manalo wrote:That or I can push the ban button :3

lol

But hey if my plan doesn't work, there is always the "report him for dissing loads of people" plan. :P

Added after 4 minutes:

Griddles wrote:http://comments.deviantart.com/1/97604683/841056344

*hits the table the desk with my fist* Damn that fucking coward... :angry:

Postby Next-Gen. » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:15 am

Seiryuga wrote:
Q.U. wrote:

BTW

so by that logic, if you posted a script of the next PPGD saga, not many people would pay attention?

it's fun to have logic. lol

And FYI, an arc of popularity doesn't come by a specific category, or there weren't be as many category's on the DA, such as "Haiku, Poetry and Fan-Fiction".
Name: NG
Griddles wrote:I'm a sadistic bastard :P

Word's, spoken from the master.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:17 am

Heh heh...yeah.

And Jose...GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS THREAD!!!

Previous

Return to Literature