Exodis - The Last Savior

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Exodis - The Last Savior

Postby Exodis » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:09 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Exodis and I will be writing chapters of a story that I created about the adventures of Exodis (not me, my character. My username is based on my OC. Who knew!) I hope to write as many chapters as I have been keeping this story with me for years, and I wish to release it to the world. Updating will be a bit off as I am a bust college student. "Expect the unexpected", I say! One last thing: I'm open to critisism on my story! Please give me your opinions, ideas, etc. as it will help me greatly!
Anywho, I hope you enjoy this and I wish this to be a great story arc!
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Re: Exodis - The Last Savior

Postby Exodis » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:12 pm

Exodis - The Last Savior

Chapter 1– Beginning

“They’re coming, Exodis. Prepare yourself.”

Those were the words Exodis remembered before he woke up. Sitting by the side of his bed, he tries to figure out what that dream meant. Who were coming? Why would they be coming for him? These thoughts were halted by his mother’s calling. “Exo, come downstairs! I made you breakfast and I don’t want you going late to school again!” “I’ll be down in a bit, mom!” Exodis replies, as he shrugs off the dream, only taking it as one of his many random illusions. He then realizes that he is going to be late, so he quickly wears the closest pair of clothes he can wear; a pair of blue jeans, his favorite white shirt , socks, and blue/black shoes. “That seems to be it” He says, as he grabs his backpack and heads off downstairs.

Exodis, an 18 year old caucasian with black hair, a medium stature, and a not-to-buff-but-not-too-skinny body, lives in Chicago with his mother and 7 year old sister Samantha. Exodis’s mother is a kind, heart-warming woman who is a waiter to one of the richest, fanciest hotels in the city. She cares for both her children, teaching them the ways of respect and responsibility of what a true parent would do. Samantha is the little angel of the family, but in a good way. She and Exodis get along like most siblings do, but they do have their moments of conflicts. She attended kindergarten last year, and has been a pretty decent student. With this loving family, however, one family member is missing.
Exodis’s father abandoned them when he was only 11 years old, when his little sister was born, and was never heard of since. No one but his mother knows why he left, but she always keeps it as a secret from everyone. Whenever they mention Exodis’s father, the only thing she says is “The day I die is the day I’ll tell you about what happened to him.” 7 years have passed since he left, and Exodis is still saddened from his father’s departure. His sister treats it less as she’s never met him, and mother only takes it as a bad memory.

The last thing his father left to his son was a bracelet that was passed on through generations of his culture. Exodis thought it was of his Mexican ancestors, but from how it looks it may have been a culture far beyond his understanding. However, the last words his father ever said to him are still inscribed in his mind: “Exodis, there will be troubles you will face when you get older. There will be decisions that will risk the lives of many. You must be strong, son. You are one of the best, and the day you realize that, you won’t just change our world: you’ll change the Universe forever.” Exodis wonders what he means by changing “the Universe”. How can he change something that big? Nonetheless, he still keeps it as an afterthought in his life and his goals.

No matter what, he still keeps a leveled head and tries to live life by the fullest as the world could end at any time. Strangely enough, he was right about one thing: the world was soon to come to an end.
~
Last edited by Exodis on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:23 pm

Good build up and intro. I don't mind the tense usage as much as others may, but keep in mind that it does make some people feel awkward when reading. Now, we'll just have to wait for more! c:
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:39 pm

~

“So mom, what’s to eat for breakfast?” Exodis asks as he enters the dining room. Exodis also loved the way his house looked. Much of the house had a mixture of different cultures, most of which is of his own; Catholicism. His mother is in the kitchen, cooking up a meal for her family to enjoy. Samantha, on the other hand, is eating crazily as if it were her last meal. “Well, if you must know, it’s your favorite: spinach eggs with bacon!” Mom says, with glee. “Eheh… seriously mom, what’s for breakfast?” Exodis asks as he sits next to Samantha with a worried look on his face. She places a plate of green eggs and bacon, knowing full well he dislikes that vegetable. “Eat it or make your own, honey.” Mom says, as she sits to the other side of the table with the same meal. “I don’t know what’s your problem, eggy! This stuff is great!” Samantha says as she gobbles up her meal with such ease. “You’re young Sam, you a long way from knowing the basics of what’s right and wrong. Plus, not a fan of the greens.” With a pale look, he begins eating his food as fast as he can to get out to school on time.

The three eat their meal in silence until Exodis’s mother breaks it. “So Exo, anything you want for tomorrow? It’s going to be your 18th and I’m sure my adult son doesn’t want another piñata for his birthday.” Mom laughs, remembering last year’s travesty. “Hey, if I didn’t take out Sam’s bandana around her eyes we would still have bruises on our arms. A whack on the gut is going to take more to take me down mom!” Exodis said as he rubs his stomach from the pain Samantha gave him. Samantha giggles from the memory as she finishes her meal. “Done!” She says, as she thanks her mother for the meal and heads for the living room to watch television.

Now the mother and so are alone in the dining table, with noise from the TV in the other room. “Mom…” Exodis asks. “I’m going to be another year older… and I know I’ve asked every year for this, but-“His mother cuts him off. “Exo, please. Not this again…” She sighs, as she knows what her son is asking for. “Mom, please! Sooner or later, you’re going to have to tell me what happened to dad! It’s been more than 7 years since he left us, and I know damn well you’re the only person who knows what happened. I can’t be living with the thought of not knowing what happened to him. Please mom…” Exodis’s mother looks at him, with apologetic eyes knowing that his son has grown up into the man she fell in love with.

“Fine, Exodis. You really want to know, huh?” She smiles wearily to him. His eyes light up, realizing that he’ll finally know of his father’s disappearing. “Well, all I have to tell you son… is that you’re going to be late and that I’ll tell you when you come back from school!” She says, as she’s halted Exodis’s anticipation. Exodis looks at her annoyed, when he suddenly realizes that he will be late. “Oh fine! But you’re going to tell me when I come back!” He says, as he heads to the front door with his backpack, ready to leave.

Before he heads out, his mother tells him something before he leaves. “I love you!” she says, with a “Bye big brother!” from his little sister at the other room. Exodis smiles, as he screams to both of them “Love you both!” as he heads to school.
~

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Exodis » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:01 am

~

Chicago: The Windy City. It was a pleasant town, with nice residents, good food, and the streets was a huge playground. A lot of people were outside today, sitting outside the porch, socializing with neighboring people. Seems as though it was a nice day today with all the happy faces going around. Sadly, Exodis couldn’t acknowledge any of that today as he was in a hurry to get to his first class. “Damn it,” Exodis thought, walking on the sidewalk thinking about what’s to be expect at school today. “For once I want to start my morning off without having to be in a hurry. Last time I rely on my alarm on waking me up.” As he begins closing in on his school, he sees his friends outside the entrance, waiting for the arrival of their always-late friend.

“I’m surprised, Exo! You came early today.” Eric said, sarcastically. Exodis knew Eric since the beginning of the year in their Math class after making a Final Fantasy joke reference that he knew and, sadly, not many others did. After a long conversation of video games, they instantly became best friends. If only Exodis knew how much of a trickster the guy was. He would always were clothes from major skateboarding brands, from your typical Vans shoes to your shirts about vintage to modern rock. Still, he looks great in them everytime. “For the time I have right now, Eric, I highly doubt I’m on time.” “Yeah, I’d expect that from a lazy bastard like you.”

As the two friends said they’re “greetings”, Exodis greeted his other 2 friends. “Olivia, Rebecca, good to see you two.” “Hi Exodis.” Olivia shyly said. Exodis always wondered why she acted that way around him. After Eric introduced her to him, she always felt nervous around him, even agreeing to most of the things he said (even if they were down-right outrageous). “I think she likes you.” he would say, even going beyond as to tell her if she like Exodis. She still admits not to liking him, even though she trails off when saying that. She would wear hoodies and sweaters most of the time, with denim pants and tennis shoes. Either way, Exodis thinks she looks cute either way. “Ho-how are you, Exodis?” She said, trying her best to keep eye contact with him. “Yeah, Eggy. How are you doing today in this fine morning you just happened to missed out?” “I’m fine, Olivia, thank you. Reba, fine seeing you too.” “Stop calling me that! I’m not that annoying country singer!” “Funny, because you two have one thing in common: annoying!”

Rebecca is Eric’s girlfriend and personal frienemy of Exodis. For some reason they argue the silliest things that Eric and Olivia wonder if they hate each other. Turns out this competition between each other is what makes them both good friends. She would always wear the latest fads and trends that happen in school. If all the women in school are wearing sweat pants and jackets today, she’d be on board the next day. Today, surprisingly enough, she’s wearing a rainbow shirt. Something about her and Eric together just shows how strange love can be. Through all their crazy arguments, Exodis still enjoys her company even through what they’ve been through.

As they all got to their small conversations, the first bell rings to class. “Shit, that went quicker than I expected. Whelp, I’ve gotta run.” As he gave his goodbyes to his friends, with a handshake to Exodis, and hug to Olivia, and a kiss to Rebecca, he sprints off to English class. Rebecca, seeing her chance to leave Exodis and Olivia alone, decides to leave as well. “Well, I guess I’ll be leaving as well. Goodbye friends and Eggy!” As she runs off, Exodis yells out “Good to see you too, Reba! Enjoy recording more Country music!” Rebecca gives an evil glare, only leading her to give him a raspberry. Exodis chuckles and stares at Olivia, who looks away as she does. “So,” He says. “Let’s get History class before its get late, yeah?” Before he even finishes his sentence, she says “Yeah, let’s get going!” As the two beginning entering the main building, a shadowy figure overlooks the two. “I’m not too late, then.” He says, as vanishes into thin air.

~

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Exodis » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:59 pm

Sorry to those who have been waiting for the next update to this story!
1) Thank you for waiting. Means a lot.
2) I've a bit stressed from College, but with my first year ending I can finally get back to continuing Exodis!
So sit tight, and expect an update this week!

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Exodis » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:15 pm

Sorry for the long wait! Didn't think procrastination would overcome me, but I beat it and was able to update this story! HERE YOU GO!

Lockers, banners for upcoming events, classroom doors, all what Exodis sees as he walks with Olivia through the halls of his high school. He looks at her for a split second, with her putting her head down immediately. He chuckles, asking “Why do you do that a lot? I know my face looks bad, but it’s okay to stare.” She stares at him for a few seconds, saying “Well… it’s just,,, you look great today. And don’t say you look bad, because you don’t!” She pouts, as if it were his fault. He laughs, as he catches her off guard with a hug. “Oh man, what would I do without you, Olive? Come on, let’s get in class before the 2nd bell rings!”

Before entering the classroom, she calls on him. “Um, Exo? I was wondering… do… do you…” She blushes, realizing that what she’s saying is idiotic. Staring behind her, Exodis sees that the Winter Ball is tomorrow. Surprised, he a smiles at her and says, “You’re inviting me to the Winter Ball, aren’t ya?” With a shocked look, she stares at him for a few seconds only to respond “Y-yes… I know, it’s a stupid dance but I really want to go with you because I’ve always liked you and I just wa-“He stops her with his finger on her lips, still with that smile on his face. “Olivia, I would love to go to the Winter Ball with you. We’ll both have fun, don’t you worry” As she tries to respond back, the 2nd bell rings. “Shit, let’s talk about this later.” She agrees, and the two love birds enter the class room to their next class.
~

“With the Civil War ended, Mr. Lincoln went to Gettysburg to perform a speech for both the fallen heroes and those still living, giving us The Gettysburg Address. This speech…” Exodis listens to Ms. Tenenbaum explain her lesson about the Civil War, while surrounded by his other classmates, including Olivia. He stares at her for a bit, and she stares back. “Winter Ball with her? This’ll be fun. Besides, I’ve been wanting a date to go with to the dance” He thinks as he’s writing his notes down. Suddenly, a phone call rings in the classroom. She stops the lesson and stares at the class with annoyance. “Kids, phones never existed during this time, only telegrams. Why, then, would I be listening to the loud ringing of such a device when I’m on the roll? Turn it off, for the love of God.”

Suddenly, Exodis realizes it was his phone ringing. He stares at the number, only to find it’s a blocked number. He turns the phone off, and apologizes to the teacher. “Well then, let’s get back to the show! Now, while the North celebrated their victory…” Exodis is still wondering how his phone rang when he knew he turned it off. He shrugs it off, thinking he probably forgot to. His phone then rings again, only louder. The teacher’s head slouches, then staring at Exodis with agitated eyes. “Mr. Alverez, is there a problem with your phone? Did you not get the recent update?” He stares at his phone puzzled, with the same ‘Blocked Number’ text he had before. “Can I take this call? It seems to be important.” She allows him to leave the class, and she resumes the lesson.

He exits the classroom, and answers the phone. “Hello? Look, I’m in the middle of class and I would appre-“He was stopped by a voice he hasn’t heard in a long time. “Hello, Exodis. It’s nice to hear your voice again.” His look, full of shock and surprise, cannot believe who he’s listening to after so many years. “… Dad?” “Hi, kid. It’s been a while, hasn’t it?” With so many questions rushing through his head, Exodis only asks the first question he’s been meaning to ask since his departure: “Why did you leave us, dad? I’ve missed you, and your daughter as well. You know, the one you left behind days after her birth!” He sounded angry, but he should. Years without contact, and he calls him at this moment? “I know,” He responds. “It has been years, haven’t it? And that’s good, you’ve had enough time to grow and become… 17 now? You’re almost a man, Exodis. And that’s why I need your help.” He sounded worried, as if he truly needed his son’s help for something big. Still, that didn’t contain Exodis’s anger. “What help, dad? You call me now just for help? Why don’t you help us, your family, \ for support?!” He feels bad for screaming at him, but he doesn’t care.

Silent, he waits for his father’s response. “Dad! Answer me!” And so, he did. “Because our world is going to be destroyed, Exodis. You, your mother, your sister, your friends, they are all going to die unless you help me.” He was caught off guard by such a response. The world is ending? But how? And why? He played along. “What do you mean? I need proof, dad. I can’t just take your word for it, for something this ridiculous.” His father smirks, knowing he’d be asked a question like that. “I’m glad you asked, my boy. You still have that bracelet I gave you?” Exodis stares at the thing, wondering why he would ask. “Yeah, I do. Why?” Chuckling, he says “Put your phone on speaker.” He turns his speaker on, not caring who’ll hear. Before his life was changed, Exodis’s father said “You want proof, son? Here you go. GAIOS, ACTIVATE!”

The Universal Swordsman

Return to Literature