Fanfiction: Endless Summer

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Fanfiction: Endless Summer

Postby Snake Chomper » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:28 pm

For archival purposes, I will be posting this on fanfiction.net at: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/610629/

Since Jenny from MLAATR appears in Bleedman’s comic, and that show takes place sometime around 2070 (actually 2130, but that’s pushing it), for timeline purposes, this fan-fic takes place in 2082. To see my reference, check out: http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Gu ... pid-275402

I will also be posting concept sketches and drawings on my DA page.

Prologue
Progenies Island
South Pacific Ocean, near the international date line.

“Are we rolling, honey?â€

Postby Lord and Master » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:21 pm

Ok thats like way to long
Shockro wrote:Theme song
Lord and Master, he's such a bastard but when a girl's in trouble he'll be there on the double.
Lord and Master, he's the one! Who will be shunned in the great land of fun.
Repeat**
Lord and Master, he's such a bastard but when a girl's in trouble he will be there on the double

Re: Fanfiction: Endless Summer

Postby Snake Chomper » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:46 pm

God bless the youth of today and their short attention spans

Postby Kezzer » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:19 am

As i am still typing with only one hand i will only post a short review, i will probably do a proper one on fanfiction.net later. This is a nice start to the story which looks like it might focus on Jack more then anyone (i like this becuase Jack has been ignroed a lot in the actualy comic... well really everyone has since the Blossom and Dexter saga.). A good plot and the writting is of a good quality, keep going with it.
'one by one the garden gnomes steal my sanity'

Postby Snake Chomper » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:18 pm

Taking into account various reviews, I have decided to put up each chapter in short intervals every other day, rather than dumping a huge chapter each week. Full chapters will be posted on Fanfiction.net.

Chapter 1 Part 1
One month later

Milneas Regional Airport

“All passengers on Flight 1808 from MegaCity International can now pick up their baggage in the baggage claim.â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:06 pm

Chapter 2 Part the Second

On Progenies Island, the Utonium family underwent several inspections before they were even allowed to set foot on the island. Finally, they were allowed through security.

“What’s with the Johnny Law routine?â€

Postby VWG » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:31 pm

Man... I figured someone would get deep-fat fried for doing something like this.. ...You are braver then I, sir...
It's like asking for an orange and getting a can opener. Sure, you're like, "a can opener, that's helpful." However, it's downplayed by you going, "what the shmeck!?"

Postby Snake Chomper » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:15 am

Chapter 1, Part 3

Back on Milneas, the girls were busy walking down the bustling main street, packed with vendors, beachside restaurants, skate shops, arcades, record stores, and everything else you’d expect from a bustling beach community.

Frankie was walking next to Blossom, explaining all the sights along the road. Jade and Buttercup were walking a few steps behind them, talking about surfing. Bubbles trailed last, taking in all the different shops and restaurants.

“And this is Ocean Drive, the main road through Michelene. The board walk starts on Ocean and 30th, and goes all the way down to first street. At the end, there’s Cinema Square, an amusement park where every night there’s a different theme, and everyone dresses up and there’s actors who get the crowd involved in their performances. It’s loads of fun. Then there’s Starlight Alley, where all the clubs are, and there’s a giant arcade there that’s two stories tall!â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Sun May 01, 2005 10:43 am

Lucky you, two posts in two days. Necessary to restart the update schedule.

Chapter 2

“I’m sorry about Aus.â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Tue May 03, 2005 4:11 pm

Chapter 2, Part 2 of 3

This statement froze Brock in his place. From what he was saying, this opponent was skilled in hunting without sight. Brock had no way of countering this tough an opponent, especially without night-vision, which was lost in the darkness.

“So many vital points to choose from, each so lethal! Where to strike first?â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Thu May 05, 2005 11:48 pm

Professor Utonium was more than relieved to see the sun once he reached the surface. He had been pulled up by a pulley attached to a large truck. On the surface, however, he was shocked to see the camp wrecked, with several tents burned and both assistants and soldiers being treated for injuries sustained by the worker riot. Several natives were on the ground tied up, being guarded by the UN soldiers. A large crowd of them stood together, chanting and screaming at the scientists as they were pulled out of the hole.

Then, a hush fell over the gathering. The box containing the stone came out of the ground. Upon seeing this, the natives fell to their knees and bowed in reverence. Professor Utonium was shocked again that the unruly mob a few seconds ago had suddenly become doting worshippers.

“Damn cultists,â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Sun May 08, 2005 9:28 pm

Chapter 3 Part 1

Bubbles walked down a hallway of the hotel towards the open-air bath where her sisters were hanging out. The hotel as well as the island was very Japanese, with large open-air hot springs which served as the baths. She was humming a song to herself when she noticed one of the hotel rooms on her left had its door cracked open.

She realized that this room was the one Jack-sensei was staying in. She stopped for a moment outside and listened to hear if there was any movement inside. While it probably wasn’t a good idea to be sneaking around Jack’s room, he was a very hot older man, and Bubbles couldn’t resist peeking around, but only for a moment. She opened the door slowly and peered inside. The hotel rooms were built so that there was a very small room at the entrance with a sliding door that blocked off the large bedroom. Bubbles sneaked through, making sure to close the door to where it was before, and then approached the sliding door. She pulled it back slowly.

What she saw inside shocked her. In the center of the room was a table with an open book, some paper, and some writing utensils, as well as some other books stacked next to it. Posted on the floor and around the walls were many paintings and drawings, most of which were of strange, evil looking creatures. Many of them showed demons eating humans, or men on dark horses riding down upon innocent villagers. The largest painting showed a mighty black figure watching as a feudal Japanese castle burned.

“What are you doing here, Bubbles?â€

Postby dr_nick_rivera » Sun May 08, 2005 10:27 pm

"It's an illusion. A trick is something a whore does for money...or candy"

An excellent quote for any situation.

“If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did." - Jack Handey

Postby Snake Chomper » Tue May 10, 2005 1:02 pm

Chapter 3 Part 2
Thanks to Genesis Saturn for pointing out my double post
<Edit>

The next day…

At the excavation site, Jack and Jackie Chan stood before a motley group of adventurers that Dr. Acari had hired the day before off Milneas Island. Since Brock was injured, Professor Utonium wasn’t prepared for spelunking, and Dr. Acari was having chest pains, it sat on their shoulders to go down into the tomb and see what lay in its depths. The monster from yesterday had not turned up last night after sundown, since everyone had spent the night inside a well-lit quarantine zone.

Jack took a good long look at the seven people Dr. Acari had hired. Three of them were muscle-bound, no-neck grunts wearing military fatigues. They didn’t look too bad in Jack’s opinion. It was the other members of this group that worried him.

The first member was a large, muscle-bound man wearing a tight black t-shirt with black sunglasses and blond hair that stuck up like a greaser.

“What’s your name?â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Wed May 11, 2005 11:58 pm

Due to crappy editing on my part, this part takes place after Jack's talk with Bubbles, but before the next day with Johnny Bravo.

Chapter 3 Part 1.5
Outside in the hot springs, the three Powerpuff Girls and their new friend Jade lounged in the water, chatting about their adventures.

“So, Mandark takes Blossom hostage, and, of course, her boy toy Dorkster, comes to rescue her!â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Sat May 14, 2005 1:25 pm

[It’s the music that we choose…]
-Gorillaz, 19-2000 Soulchild Remix
<>
Chapter 4, Part 1

“This place is bumping!â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Sun May 15, 2005 10:48 pm

Chapter 4, Part 2
Back at the club, after about an hour of uninterrupted dancing, the club officials cleared the stage in anticipation of the live performances. All the dancers moved back into the club, where the dancing abated for a few moments as the real attraction for the night was about to begin.

The music quieted down to a dull hum, and the DJ came over the mike.

“All right, we’re gonna turn the lights down real low for this next one!â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Mon May 16, 2005 7:03 pm

Chapter 4, Part 3

“Topside team, this is Jackie Chan. Topside team, come in!â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Wed May 18, 2005 10:46 pm

Chapter 5

Several patrol cars came racing up the Starlight Street, sirens screaming, which surprised all the young folk walking around the nearby boardwalk, as well as those waiting in line for the other clubs on the street. They stopped in front of the Dynamite Rave, creating a semi-circle with their cars around the club. Several policemen poured out of the car, walking straight up to the young men manning the doors.

One of the teenagers in a red collared shirt stood in front of the doors with his arms spread across them.

“Excuse me, gentlemen,â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Fri May 20, 2005 1:46 am

Arriving at Starlight Street, Jack, Jackie, and the Professor were shocked to find the street looked like something out of an action movie. The street was completely empty except for a few flipped over police cars and some small fires. Other than that, the street was eerily peaceful. For a hot summer night on the most popular street in the city, this was too suspicious.

“Its quiet.â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Sat May 21, 2005 4:54 pm

Chapter 6(?) Part 3
Song: One Good Reason
Artist: Nicole McCloud

Woah!

The lights dropped low as two men appeared carrying steel drums. Setting them up behind Ember, they started pounding furiously to the beat.

One Good Reason…

Ember’s recorded voice was played over the speakers using fades and different volumes, making her sound far away or breaking up.

One Good Reason…

The real Ember remained silent as the intro played, holding her mike at her side and keeping her eyes closed. The strobe lights on the stage spun wildly, firing their harmless lasers all around the club.

Woah! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh!

The music cut out except for a single melody in the background, as well as the lights, which were reduced to mere sparkles behind Ember. A spotlight turned on overhead of Ember, lighting her and only her on the stage. In the dark behind her, three dancers took their places.

There was a time when I gave my love so naturally
Then it ended suddenly
When I found out about your lies

<All the lights onstage came back on and Ember went into her dance routine with her three backup dancers doing the same performance behind her. The backup dancers were all three beautiful young women who looked like professionals.

You mistreat me, deceive me, I can’t take anymore
So I stand my ground, I want you out
I’m showing you the door

<Ember waved one finger in the air in a ‘no, no’ fashion.

Just give me one good reason to let you stay
Before I change all my locks and send you on your way
I’m fed up, tired of being used, not going to keep on playing the fool

<A man dressed like a certain half-ghost walked out on stage, wearing a red jacket but skin-tight blue and white spandex underneath. His hair was a bright silver, and her wore shades over his eyes. The three backup dancers surrounded him and held onto him seductively. Ember turned towards the four.

Look in your eyes, I can see there’s nothing there for me
Did you ever care for me?
When you act or when you forget?

Ember walked up the man and gave him a hard push, sending him flying backward. When he tried to get up and go after her, the three dancers held up their hands in a ‘stop’ fashion. The man turned and stormed off stage.

No more cheating, more scheming, pushed me to the edge,
Won’t you tell me something, I need to know?
That you answered yet.
Just give me one good reason to let you stay,
Before I change all my locks and send you on your way,
I’m fed up, tired of feeling used, not going to keep on playing the fool.

On the other side of the curtain, our heroes were feeling the pressure.

“She’s really good.â€

Postby Hyro » Sat May 21, 2005 7:42 pm

If you expect me to read that you're daft.
Rage wrote:I don't speak mexicanese.

Postby Snake Chomper » Sun May 22, 2005 11:19 am

Hyro: I'm sorry you feel that way. If you need an easier format, I provided a link to my fanfiction page at the top.

Chapter 5 Part 4

“Well done!â€

Postby VWG » Sun May 22, 2005 11:36 am

It seems that attention spans of the people around here, in general, bite.. That's why I don't post anything I write..

I don't so much of a prob with the langth of these sections at all.

Postby Alucard666 » Sun May 22, 2005 11:43 am

HOLY HELL! thats a lot of words

Next

Return to Literature