Secure. Contain. Protect. Secret Files

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Secure. Contain. Protect. Secret File: SCP-860 Part I

Postby Specter X » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:08 am

!
HEART ATTACK WARNING!!! JK, HAVE FUN!

(D-3456 is a 31-year old Caucasian male of average build. Psychological background is unremarkable. Class-D designation is the result of a demotion due to [DATA EXPUNGED]. D-3456 is equipped with an LED flashlight, a handheld camcorder fitted with a transmission stream, and an audio headset for communication with Dr. ███ at Control.)

D-3456 inserts SCP-860 in the door leading to an abandoned house on ████████████ Street, ██████, Germany. He turns the key and opens the door, revealing SCP-860-1. D-3456 staggers.

Dr. ███: Please proceed.

D-3456 hesitates, then passes through the door. After he takes two steps, a loud bang is heard. D-3456 turns quickly. The door is closed and attached to a large concrete wall. D-3456 moves towards it and attempts to turn the knob.

D-3456: ████, this ████ is locked! How the hell'm I supposed to—
Dr. ███: Please follow the trail, D-3456. The exit should be on the other side.

D-3456 sighs, then turns around and walks down the trail. After walking 64 meters, D-3456 stops.

D-3456: Did you hear that?
Dr. ███: No sound came through the audio feed.
D-3456: It sounded like… a howl… or… or something. Came from the woods, seemed far away.
Dr. ███: A howl? Like a wolf?
D-3456: Not… exactly. Sounded weird. Distorted.
Dr. ███: Please proceed down the trail.

D-3456 starts walking again, with increased speed. After 43 meters, the mist starts to thicken and acquire a deeper shade of blue.

D-3456: It's starting to get really hard to see here. This ███████ flashlight isn't—

D-3456 suddenly starts to turn around.

D-3456: [shouting] ████! ████! Did you hear it now?
Dr. ███: Nothing came through the audio feed, D-3456. What did you hear?
D-3456: [shouting] Same thing as before! Closer! How the ████ didn't you hear it, it was—
Dr. ███: Please continue to follow the trail, D-3456.
D-3456: [shouting] No, you don't get it, it—

A loud roar can be heard coming from D-3456's left. D-3456 screams and starts running down the trail. Every ten seconds, the sound of steps coming from behind D-3456 can be heard, starting off distant and increasing in volume until they appear to be less than one meter from D-3456, at which point they stop.

After running 68 more meters, D-3456 reaches a large concrete wall with a door in it. D-3456 kicks the door open, revealing the main hall of the abandoned house. D-3456 enters, turns around and closes the door. Two minutes later, he opens the door again, revealing ████████████ Street. D-3456 shows extreme paranoia for the following weeks, claiming to hear the same howl in the distance when alone. Effects seemed to fade after ██ weeks. D-3456 now behaves normally.

Close analysis of the audio feed revealed that a very low sound could be heard the second time D-3456 stopped. The sound file containing the amplified sound can be found here:
http://scp-wiki.wdfiles.com/local--files/document-860-i-and-ii/preview.wav

ImageImage
SCP-860, when used on any door, it reveals this forest.
I AM DEATH'S INCARNATE!!! NO MORTAL SHALL CHALLENGE ME!!! I AM SPECTER!!!
Dark dragon emperor

Re: Secure. Contain. Protect. Secret File: SCP-860 Part II

Postby Specter X » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:04 am

(D-5674 is a 27-year old South Asian female of below-average physical fitness. Psychological background indicates extreme xenophobia. Subject has an extensive record of [DATA EXPUNGED]. D-5674 is equipped with an LED flashlight, a handheld camcorder fitted with a transmission stream, and an audio headset for communication with Dr. ███ at Control.)

D-5674 inserts SCP-860 in the door leading to an abandoned house on ████████████ Street, ██████, Germany. She turns the key and open the door, revealing SCP-860-1. D-5674 passes through the door. After she takes two steps, a loud bang is heard. D-5674 turns. The door is closed and attached to a large concrete wall.

D-5674: [EXPLETIVE REDACTED]
Dr. ███: Follow the trail, D-5674. The exit is on the other side.

D-5674 turns around and walks down the trail. After 94 meters, D-5674 stops and turns to the woods.

D-5674: Did you… did you see that?
Dr. ███: What?
D-5674: Did you see those… those…
Dr. ███: …yes?

D-5674 is silent.

Dr. ███: What did you see?

D-5674 does not respond. Twelve seconds later, she resumes walking down the trail.

Dr. ███: D-5674, please report what you saw, we need—
D-5674: It was nothing. Mist must've tricked me.

D-5674 walks for more 10 meters before stopping again.

Dr. ███: D-5674, why did you stop?
D-5674: [low monotone] Silence… can't you hear it?
Dr. ███: What?
D-5674: [low monotone] It's calling me… I have to… I have to go…
Dr. ███: D-5674, you can't—

D-5674 removes the headset and puts the camera on the ground, facing the trees. She proceeds to walk off the trail, into the woods, until she disappears from sight. Nothing more happens until the camera's batteries run down.

Addendum: The door leading to the abandoned house remained closed. Attempts to remove the key from the lock failed, as did all attempts to open or break the door. Seven months after the incident, the door suddenly opened and discharged a very old Asian woman. When questioned, she affirmed herself to be D-5674. She refused to elaborate on what happened after she left the camera on the ground, even under extreme pressure. Subject was found to be much calmer and more polite than before Exploration II, and, apart from talking about what occurred to her inside SCP-860-1, followed every order issued to her without complaints. Two weeks later, she died in her sleep of natural causes.
Dark dragon emperor

Secure. Contain. Protect. Secret File: SCP-860 part III

Postby Specter X » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:23 pm

(D-2562 is a 35-year old Caucasian male of strong build. Psychological background indicates [DATA EXPUNGED]. Subject shows a record of violent behavior under pressure and is responsible for the murder of ██ people. D-2562 is equipped with an LED flashlight, a handheld camcorder fitted with a transmission stream, an audio headset for communication with Dr. ███ at Control, and a fire axe.)

D-2562 inserts SCP-860 in the door leading to the house of Mr. ███████, located on ██████ Street, ██████, England. He turns the key and opens the door, revealing SCP-860-1. D-2562 hesitates, then proceeds through the door. After he takes two steps, a loud bang is heard. D-2562 turns. The door is closed and attached to a large concrete wall.

D-2562: Now… what?
Dr. ███: Please use the axe provided to try to destroy the door.
D-2562: Uh… you sure?
Dr. ███: Please do as instructed.

D-2562 places the camera on the ground, facing himself and the wall, and proceeds to hit the door with the axe. He hits the door four times before quickly turning around.

D-2562: ████! Did you hear that?
Dr. ███: No sound came through the audio feed.
D-2562: It was a ███████ loud roar, man, how could you not—
Dr. ███: Please calm down and proceed with your task.

D-2562 keeps looking at the woods.

Dr. ███: D-2562, please remember our agreement. If you don't follow our instructions—
D-2562: Yeah, I know that, it's just… OK… OK, no problem…

D-2562 resumes his attempts at destroying the door. After he has hit the door twice, a small piece of wood breaks off. Seemingly encouraged by this, D-2562 proceeds to hit the door harder. After nine blows, an extremely loud roar is heard. D-2562 screams and starts swinging the axe in the direction of the camera. A large [DATA EXPUNGED] paw appears in front of the lens. D-2562 charges, and [DATA EXPUNGED]. The sounds of [DATA EXPUNGED] could be heard for ██ hours after that, long after the camera batteries ran out, and showed no signs of stopping. Dr. ███ decided to cut the audio feed after ██ hours.
Dark dragon emperor

SCP-088's Recovery and Breaches.

Postby Specter X » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:15 am

SCP-088 was recovered in 193█ from a subterranean complex below Los Angeles, California. The site was originally discovered by G. W█████ S██████ using a device he called a "radio X-ray," which was little more than a mechanical dowsing rod. While S██████'s methods were dubious, his discovery was not. After mapping a series of tunnels and gold deposits below the city, S██████ declared that he had found the lost city of the Lizard People as described in the legends of Arizona's Hopi tribe. S██████'s claims went as far as to be featured on the front page of the Los Angeles Times on January 29th, 1934, before the Foundation was able to verify his claims and silence Mr. S██████.

The subterranean complex was not nearly as extensive as described in legend, and most of the artifacts recovered within were too corroded to provide significant information, save for a long message carved into the rock wall of an unfinished tunnel. For partial translation of this text, see Document 088-14.

Containment breach overview: In more than 70 years of containment, SCP-088 has only roused from its state of hibernation twice, breaching containment with a caustic fluid that dissolves most minerals and metals. Each time multiple personnel were exposed to a second compound which SCP-088 uses to propagate itself: affected personnel underwent a painful mutation after which they shared the physical characteristics of SCP-088. Those few who received a large dosage of the compound, administered directly via mouth-to-mouth contact, were changed the fastest and subsequently sacrificed themselves to protect SCP-088 from harm. SCP-088 has also demonstrated the ability to produce potent neurotoxins in liquid and gaseous form to combat containment personnel.

Containment during the second breach was reachieved by isolating SCP-088 and affected personnel in the facility and lowering the temperature. Affected personnel built a pedestal from discarded equipment, upon which SCP-088 took a recumbent position before slipping back into hibernation. The mutated personnel were neutralized at this point and SCP-088 was returned to containment.

The current strategy of lowered temperature and non-metallic containment has been successful in keeping SCP-088 isolated. SCP-088 was reclassified to Safe status on November ██, 19██.
Last edited by Specter X on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark dragon emperor

Re: Secure. Contain. Protect. Secret File: SCP-860 Part IV

Postby Specter X » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:16 am

Exploration IV

(█████ (from now on referred to as Subject-1) is a 41-year old African-American male of above-average build. Psychological background shows no abnormalities. Subject volunteered for the exploration. Subject-1 is equipped with an LED flashlight, a handheld camcorder fitted with a transmission stream, and an audio headset for communication with Dr. ███ at Control.)

Subject-1 inserts SCP-860 in the door leading to an empty room in Site-██. He turns the key and opens the door, revealing SCP-860-1. Subject-1 proceeds through the door. After he takes two steps, a loud bang is heard.

Subject-1: The door just closed, no?
Dr. ███: Yes. Please follow the trail. The exit will be on the other side.

Subject-1 proceeds to walk down the trail. The grove shows notable differences from previous explorations; the mist has acquired a slight red hue, and incomprehensible murmurs are heard through the audio feed, although Subject-1 seems unaware of them. Subject walks for 123 meters.

Subject-1: Place seems different from what you described, Doc. It's giving me the— Wait. The hell?

Subject stops. In front of him, the trail forks into two paths, one of which is made of cobblestones.

Subject-1: Uhhh, Doc? Which… which way should I go?
Dr. ███: This… er, this is new. We haven't seen it manifest like this before.
Subject-1: …well, I guess I'll — [shouting] Oh, ████!

Subject-1 turns around. The trail has disappeared; thousands of trees have replaced it. The mist suddenly turns [DATA EXPUNGED], and the murmurs increase in volume.

Subject-1: [shouting] ████, Doc, what the ████ is going on here? What is this noise?
Dr. ███: Please calm down and proceed down the cobblestone trail.
Subject-1: I'm not a ███████ guinea pig, Doc, just because I volunteered I don't— [shouting] Oh my God!
Dr. ███: What? █████, respond, what do you see?

Subject-1 starts screaming and proceeds to run through the cobblestone path. The murmurs suddenly cease, and only Subject-1's screams can be heard. He runs 143 meters before the camera is suddenly thrown into the ground. Subject-1's screams cease. The camera is turned towards the woods. The mist is now thick enough to block sight completely beyond two meters.

Dr. ███: █████, do you hear me?
Subject-1: [DATA EXPUNGED]
Dr. ███: █████?
Subject-1: [DATA EXPUNGED]
Dr. ███: Oh God.

There is no further response from Subject-1. Three seconds before the camera's battery ran out, a very low noise was heard. Analysis of the video feed showed two glowing yellow spheres for one frame in the last second of the video. The sound was later amplified, and can be heard here. At the suggestion of Dr. ███, the sound was reversed: the modified file can be heard here.
The glowing yellow spheres, belived to be the eyes of an entity in SCP-860-2
The sound file, after being amplified: http://scp-wiki.wdfiles.com/local--file ... iv/XXX.wav
The reversed sound file: http://scp-wiki.wdfiles.com/local--file ... XX%202.wav
Dark dragon emperor

Re: Secure. Contain. Protect. Secret File: SCP-999

Postby Specter X » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:41 pm

Addendum SCP-999-A: The following is a report from an experiment in which SCP-682 is exposed to SCP-999 in the hopes that it will curb the creature’s omnicidal rage.

SCP-999 is released into SCP-682’s containment area. SCP-999 immediately slithers towards SCP-682.

999: (elated gurgles)

682: (unintelligible groans, growling) >:( What is that?

SCP-999 moves in front of SCP-682, jumping up and down in a dog-like manner while calling out in a high-pitched squealing noise.

682: (groans) :angry: Disgusting…

SCP-682 immediately steps on SCP-999, completely flattening SCP-999. Observers were about to abort the experiment when SCP-682 started talking again.

682: (grunts) Hmmm? (unintelligible) what is this… (low noise, similar to light chuckle) lol I feel all… tingly inside…

SCP-999 can be seen crawling up from between SCP-682’s toes, up along its side and around its neck, where it clings on and begins gently nuzzling with its pseudopod. A wide grin slowly spreads across SCP-682’s face. :D

682: (deep chuckling) lol I feel… so… happy. Happy… (laughs) LOL happy… happy…

SCP-682 repeats the word “happy” for several minutes, laughing occasionally before escalating into nonstop laughter. As laughter continues, SCP-682 rolls around on its back, slamming its tail upon the floor with dangerous force.

682: (bellowing laughter) LOL Stop! No tickling! (continues laughing) LOL

SCP-682 and SCP-999 continue the “tickle fight” until SCP-682 finally wears down and appears to fall asleep with what would appear to be a smile on its face. After fifteen minutes with no activity, two D-Class personnel enter the room to retrieve SCP-999. When SCP-999 is removed, SCP-682 immediately wakes up and unleashes an unidentifiable wave of energy from its body, all the while laughing maniacally.

All persons within the wave’s range collapse into crippling fits of laughter, allowing SCP-682 to escape and slaughter all in its path. Meanwhile, SCP-999 quickly rescues as many persons as it can, taking them to a safe place to recover from SCP-682’s "laughter wave" while agents suppress and recontain SCP-682.

Despite the tragedy that SCP-682 had brought upon the facility, SCP-999 has not shown any fear towards the creature and in fact has made gestures suggesting it wants to “play” with SCP-682 again. SCP-682, however, has stated, “That feculent little snot wad can [DATA EXPUNGED] and die."

Memo from Dr. ████: “While the test was unsuccessful and ended in tragedy, that had to be the funniest thing I have ever seen. I never thought I’d see the day when I would regard SCP-682 as “cute”. Please send me a copy of the security tapes ASAP.”
Dark dragon emperor

Secure. Contain. Protect. Secret File Document 88- 14

Postby Specter X » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:57 am

Beyond the dim, childish rays of Sol burn the steady, glowering lights of slumbering embers. Millions of lifetimes away lie the quasars, the softly thrumming globes of aging light, somehow ancient in the youngest part of the universe. Their light is cold and dim, but harsh, blanketing the cold, dead stones that drift in their scrambling, cantankerous gravity with oceans of radiation and soft, silent death. The anciently young baubles roil and bubble with youthful, rotting cores, belching forth their combined first breaths and death rattles. They twist slowly in their near-eternal dying birth, bubbling and muttering to themselves for eons in tongues of radiation and cooling heat.

Even these contradictory beings are not eternal, and soon they cool, bloating with the carrion of their own burning bodies. Some burst finally, breaking their simultaneous dance of life and death, to spawn new strangeness. Others collapse, falling just shy of this final freedom, cooling to black, silent, hateful balls of regret and loss. Twisting in their hallucinating, dreaming cores, they turn black, still shells to the hated universe, the sprightly, twinkling upstart stars and scrambling worlds, to dream and sleep the sleep of the sick and forgetful.

Stars, like men, however, are mortal, and are therefore open to those that are not. Like a man falling asleep to wake as someone new, the void-hearted quasar can forget who they are, and become remembered by another. One, dreaming in its own ashes, slowly found itself becoming the dream, the doddering, hating core slipping away as a new dreamer took its place, a dreamer whose thoughts sent the dream plunging away, vanishing in to void and oblivion then to know for a moment that such a dreamer existed, let alone lie subject to its whims. For epochs it then dreamed of nothing, its lost dreams not missed or even noticed by those that see time as a ocean, and not a path.

Then, in time, the dreamer awoke.

The tiny, sparkling life that grew in the coddling shadow of Sol found the place of Knowing. One, unimportant and unknown, came seeking. In his seeking, he was made aware of the dreamer, and by that knowledge, the dreamer became aware of him. The dreamer came, the awareness pressing in to the tiny point, to find it pleasing and strange. It awoke, and seeped in to the vacant star's corpse, pulling flecks of reality to clothe its own vacant eyes.

Boiling with new knowledge, it pushed, feeling the feeble waters of reality part and ripple before it, and began to travel, crawling and oozing on the walls of its shell, feeling new sensation, awareness, and knowledge. It rolls softly, a scarab in its own tomb, to feel, to know, to change, and to take all that is lacking. It comes to spread awareness in to life, and feel the soft constriction of mortality around it, like the hug of a dying child. It comes at its leisure. It comes at the pace of blank void. But it comes.

To worship and bring the Broken to the world is merely the anointing of the offering. To prepare the vessel to be filled, to allow its endurance beyond the flickering points of mortality. We will turn undying eyes to the sun, and watch the eons roll past. Watch as the great, gray home grows behind it, swelling with trivial ages. Watch as its burning, vapid light is extinguished and replaced with the cold, aged seepage of the dreamer's shell. We will raise our arms, all, on our waiting, Whole world, and be filled with the awareness of the dreamer's core, and vanish to its pleasure.

To restore the Broken is great. To be known by The Gray Awareness is greater.

So says Anna, third Prophet of the Age of Strife, second Acolyte to The Gray Awareness, servant to the Church.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document recovered by investigating Agents. Authenticity of the physical document has been verified. References to the subject matter have not been found in any other documents recovered from the Church.
Dark dragon emperor

Previous

Return to Literature