Specter Chornicles

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Specter Chornicles

Postby Specter X » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:21 pm

Prepare yourselves as you descend into the underworld 50000 miles below the
seven hells..... Where the worst of fears gather to hail one fiendish beast....
Emperor of darkness and the evil overlord..... SPECTER the Tenth, or simply,
Specter X, the dark prime overlord of the dark dragon high council. His red faint glowing eyes said to show one's worst fears. His teeth blood red. His horns so sharp and thick and spikes swarm his body
All colored in blood red. His wings scare even the bravest of beings. His torso adorned with metal skulls all with hanging Chains and hooks. He roars into the deep abyss as he breaks the cuffs
That kept him captive for thousands of years. CRACK! He broke free, roaring as he dripped with blood.
The screaming of tortured souls is heard as he flaps his mighty great wings out of captivity.
I AM DEATH'S INCARNATE!!! NO MORTAL SHALL CHALLENGE ME!!! I AM SPECTER!!!
Dark dragon emperor

Re: Specter Chornicles

Postby Specter X » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:30 pm

:( ik it's a bit stupid don't insult it's the first attempt at this so plz it's ok to state what u think but don't insult
Dark dragon emperor

Postby Sigmas » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:38 pm

I'm confused, was that a piece of literature, or your way of breaking the ice here? No offense intended, I assure you. Was just curious.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and the Literature board. Not often we have a member come here first. Be sure to take a look at the forum rules. And if you plan to visit the Comics section, I'd advise you look at the Comic Notes. Hope you enjoy your time here.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Specter X » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:44 pm

It's the seed to a big tree I can assure you
Dark dragon emperor

Postby Specter X » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:47 pm

I guess we both have Chornicles of our own ;) and our name stateed
Dark dragon emperor

Postby Specter X » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:48 pm

Typo
Dark dragon emperor

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:31 pm

Btw, you can edit your posts with the nifty EDIT button on the top right of all your posts.
It's against the rules to double post, but there's more leniency within your own Art and Literature threads.
Still, in case you need to add/remove small changes.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Specter Chornicles

Postby Specter X » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:26 am

But however, our story begins in a town, full of supernatural events. It was called Mephatan as all of the demons gave an occasional visit, everyone in the town was all but terrorized by the giant dark creatures dwelling in their town. The townsfolk, strangely did seem to handle the apocalyptic creatures on their grounds though, including chupacabras eating their goats, ghouls kidnapping children to eat them, or strange monsters that have hands for tails often stealing eyes from anyone near the river. The reason is because heroes called soulhunters, seven powerful people with powers who dedicated their lives fighting off skeletons and ghouls, protected the land from the dead and dwelling. But the most skilled of them was Exanite, the demon hunter said to have taken down satan himself in a one on one battle. While he walked on the ground demons around him hurried in fear, scared of the great warrior. However He was short-lived as a demon hunter as in the midst of stopping a demon grunt, the ground burst with Specter, the dark dragon emperor grabbing him an killing him from beneath it. But he somehow put some of Exanite's blood in a bottle, for an unknown reason.....
Dark dragon emperor

Postby Specter X » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:06 am

:D I wonder why the website opposes bots although google Adsense is a bot
Dark dragon emperor

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:35 am

The search bots don't interfere with people posting. Also, those bots help the site appear when others search for it.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:52 am

ALMIGHTY ZOUL explained to me that there are actually two kinds of bots. One is bad, and one, believe it or not, is good.

The bad kinds of bots are the ones that probe sites for information, snaking their way into private accounts, getting email addressees, names, personal information, the works. Also advertising, avoiding bans, hacking websites, bad stuff. Bad bots.

But there are also good bots, made by major corporations like Google and Yahoo and stuff. Bots that swim through multiple internet sites and registering them to their search engines. Basically making it possible to look up a specific portion of Snafu-Comics on Google, and having it show up as a possible match. Bots that scan the internet and register sites. I think. I may be paraphrasing.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Specter X » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:24 am

After Exanite's death all that was left of him was his blood drained body, anyone got a guess why he was drained of blood ?

This is the first death of a named character though more are to come by the way. Don't read this if you are a scaredy cat, a wuss, or a pussy that easily pisses his pants cos soon it gets bloodier :twisted:
Dark dragon emperor

Postby Specter X » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:53 am

"So this is the great spirit hunter, hmmmmm..... Not as great as I thought" roared the emperor of darkness furious that his minions were killed off by humans. But he had powers that revealed themselves as he dropped demon essence on the blood drop he was observing. BOOM! The demon essence was scattered away from the tiny sample. "Interesting, that way, I can make sure I have an indestructible legacy, a human 'son' that fills in my place in the underworld soon." He used ancient technology from the vast necrosis, his home world and his empire, to create a legacy, and by adding his own DNA, the process was a success! Rising from the stasis chamber was a human boy with black hair, and burning red eyes, the legacy of Specter, and. Specter named him Victor, on behalf of Frankenstein, the first man to create life.
Dark dragon emperor

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:37 pm

I recommend The Complete Idiot's guide to Writing Well.
You got structure errors all over the place, lack of capitalization, and punctuation issues.

It should look like this:
Specter X wrote:"So this is the great spirit hunter, hmm? Not as great as I thought!" roared the Emperor of Darkness, furious that his minions were killed off by humans.

But he had powers that revealed themselves as he dropped demon essence on the blood drop he was observing.

BOOM! The demon essence was scattered away from the tiny sample. "Interesting, that way, I can make sure I have an indestructible legacy, a human 'son' that fills in my place in the underworld soon."

He used ancient technology from the vast necrosis, his homeworld and his empire, to create a legacy, and by adding his own DNA, the process was a success!

Rising from the stasis chamber was a human boy with black hair and burning red eyes, the legacy of Specter. Specter named him Victor, on behalf of Frankenstein, the first man to create life.

Remember:
We capitalize titles.

Use commas to separate elements in a series, add a little conjunction, set off introductory elements, and set off parenthetical elements.
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/commas.htm

You do not need a coma to follow every and.

Paragraphs are made by the separation of ideas. As soon as a new idea element is presented, a new paragraph is formed. For example, when Person A talks, they get their own paragraph until Person B talks. Actions can be included as well in those. Another example is this post. Note that every new idea is represented by a new paragraph, and made easy to read with spaces between paragraphs.

Avoid repetition. An example is your "dropped... drop" you have going in what is now the second paragraph. Expand your vocabulary by using a thesaurus.

Don't be afraid to get some meat on the bones of your story. You can expand events, describe backgrounds, thought progressions, and processes. Attempt to post your story by chapter or chapter sections instead of five lines of text. You can use things like Microsoft Word, Open Office, or Google Documents to create your story.

If you have over a hundred words, I'll be surprised. Good chapters and updates clock in the thousands range, and in my honest opinion, 3,000 to 6,000 is a good chapter.

All good stories start with a draft too (don't post it) that can be used as a flexible guide for the writer.

Also, if you need, get yourself an editor or a pre-reader to assist you with your writing.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Specter X » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:11 pm

I'm using my phone so, I don't have any of the Microsoft programs and I'm waiting to find an internet connection, once I have a connection I will re-edit them.
Dark dragon emperor

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:09 pm

Again, try to stop double posting. Your "..." post was unnecessary. Also, you don't need a single Microsoft program to have proper grammar and to tell a proper story.

Try using Google Docs. It's online and can be accessed the same way you access this site. It can be viewed from anywhere with an internet connection, and with your permission. You can type and edit there, then copy paste the results here.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:51 pm

Use GDocs, as Tenshi Nova has suggested. You can also save forum posts as well so you can come back and add to them later.

If you live in the United States, computers are pretty easy to come by. Schools and public libraries have easy to access computers. If funding is a issue, there are a few programs that reach out and help people obtain laptops, plus, you can by a tablet or a laptop for under a couple hundred dollars.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Return to Literature