Haru's Lit - Original R *Scary Stories for October*

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Haru's Lit - Original R *Scary Stories for October*

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:33 pm

ignore early stuff and only look at recent work. thank you.

-----------

hmm i'm pretty good at essays and other academic writing
but i'm not sure how well i am at creative and free writing like short stories and poetry
but i enjoy them so i would like to give it a try
if that's alright...

Do Not Come Near Me
I am Poison
In the air
Breathed in without notice
By those for whom I care

I am Poison
On your skin
With every warm touch
I kill softly from within

I am Poison
In your veins
I travel quietly through your heart
The unknown source of all your pains

I am Poison
Worst of all to myself
As I Kill the mind slowly
And the body writhes in pain
An ailment to quarantine
and to abstain
Last edited by Holly Jolly Harumii on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

Re: Haru's Lit - Original PG

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:56 pm

Even the most hopelessly sickly of poisons can be transformed into life saving medicine. Sometimes even in small doses, they can heal wounds born of less potent toxins.

Everyone likes a little poison now and then. Otherwise, when a truly insipid strain comes along, we won't know how to react! A kid in a bubble can't survive in this world. Hell, the only difference between a little bit of poison and a little bit of candy is taste!

A poison is only lethal to the untrained being, even the poison itself. ;)
Bird oft Error

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Mon May 05, 2014 3:36 pm

Awwww, that's pretty~

In a sad way? XD

Bird's right though. Lots of medicines are diluted/purified forms of poison.

Some poisons kill off ailments. Example: Radiation therapy. 8D

Course, that's only completely relevant if this is your own angsty ramblings. XD
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:26 am

here, have some crappy poetry from the morning....

Words to Recite on a Bad Day

I am brave, I am strong
And I won't let anyone tell me I'm wrong
I am resilient, I am fire
And anyone who says different is a liar
I am a human, I deserve good
And I won't let myself be misunderstood
I won't let anyone push down
I won't let anyone take my crown

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:57 am

i hate my poetry so much
it's all crappy
i look back at my writing the same way i look back at my art
like... ashamed. but everyone is their own worst critique, they say....

Blank
Vacant eyes staring into the void
On nights where nothing tastes quite as sweet
As bitter words.
The feel of my heart hitting my rib cage
With not enough room to beat
And growing shortness of breath.
Atone for unknown sins
With the taste of salt on my tongue and
The colour red.

Postby Comic Kitten » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:48 pm

Haru, I wish you liked your writing more. It's very beautiful!

If you ever need to talk to someone, please don't hesitate to ask. And if you're ever in Utah, let me know!
Hmm

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:53 pm

thank you, that's very kind
i can never look at my work and think positive things...
but i'm glad someone likes it

and thank you, dear
i appreciate your kindness

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:26 am

The Girl Who Sees

There is something pretty about her blood shot eyes. They are a deep shade of red that nearly match her cheeks on a normal day. Cheeks now covered in black dust, hiding the lack of color in her face. Nausea sweeps over her body and she knows she won't eat for the next few days. Holding her stomach, It's not like she minds. Her body shakes softly, as if sudden cold air has snuck into her room. Her breath is uneven. Tight moans escape her lips as she shifts in her seat again and again, not quite comfortable. She is plagued by an ailment, that much is clear. Her wrist itches. The girl is staring absently at her computer screen as different thoughts fight for the attention in her mind. Thoughts repeating on an endless cycle, like a broken cassette tape. The strings are knotted and a mess, spilling out of her. She closes her eyes to ease the throbbing in her temples and she is plunged into black. Silence. Such quiet darkness, empty and still. But opening her eyes reveals the harsh light of her screen once more. Harsh. Everything in this world is harsh. Where does that quiet darkness lie, if outside of thoughts? A permanent escape, if one dares to take the chance. If only for that peace that is taken from us too often by time and consciousness. Oh but as they weep for those who reach the peace that waits within the dark behind our eye lids. Those who wait in content stand burning their eyes in the harsh light of life. They do not observe with the blood shot eyes of the girl who would rather lie in the dark. With cloudy vision, she sees clearly. And oh, they weep for the girl who heals her ailment by finding that darkness which lies behind her eyes and deciding it is greater than life.

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:17 pm

Blood Promise

She speaks softly to the voices that lay before her swollen eyes. Splitting the flesh, solace is offered in the time of barest night. Oh, how the sun would not dare cast light upon those who partake in somber transgressions by her absence. Flow then, the ink that which writes the pact of the desperate. The colour red blooms slow in small bursts in the wake of impatient ghouls, ready to bestow forgiveness clutched in their claws. They creep along her empty vision as her gift of life is drained, their hunger rising. She stares not at her dark givers but outward in distant awe with glass eyes. From the heavens, fluorescent gods weep for their child who has cast her vision away from their glow but looks onward into the shadows and their inhabitants. A child once more taken from their caress matures into another aching body, sore for any eyes. On her lips spill promises of love and virtue, what sake does she lie for? Words choke in her throat as sobbing replaces any intelligible sound she may have wished to express further. Time catches up to this unearthly business and the figures recede back to which they came. The girl lies alone with unfinished thoughts as her hollow chest heaves with a final noise. Oh, do the young squander the gift that flows so readily beneath the flesh for the dimmest hope of greater fortune? What growing hunger will allow such creatures to feast upon if one does not limit their wandering eyes.

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:17 pm

Her Gentle Song

She hides her face within her folded arms atop her desk as the weight of the day settles on her back. With eyes closed, she sits in dark silence. Slowly, thumping fills her ears. Soft at first, then growing. The room is silent. Yet quiet thumping continues, from within. She hears a heart beat. Not her own dying beat but another. Distant. A heart beat more steady than her own. The girl refuses to open her eyes as she is calmed by the sound. Th-thump. Th-thump. Th-thump. A repeating song. What peace of mind she could acquire to rest her head on the chest whose distant beat this belongs to. She does not question it's origin. Why tamper with this peaceful lullaby? Whether it occupies the chest of another or just her imagination means little. Her eyes twitch slightly as emotion reaches just before her throat. Oh what body could this gentle beat reside, what soul could calm her demons? Perhaps her mind is failing her and creates a false peace to ease this troubled girl. Th-thump. It is almost real. Just louder then her breath, warm and shaking. Echoing in her ears as the evening light from her window wanes. Th-thump. Her forehead rests on her sleeve and she thinks of a warm chest to hold this song. She can almost feel her ear pressed against the fictional rib cage that keeps this beat safe. Th-thump. What a dying mind can imagine has no bounds. The girl does not want to return to the silence of her empty room. A shiver runs down her spine, forcing her eyes open just a slant. They settle on the view just outside her window. Night has already taken hold of any light that once touched this court. Her brow furrows as she listens closely. No beating. No warmth. Come and gone as well as any other dream. She closes her eyes and relaxes her muscles, ready to have her ears flooded with the sweet music once more. She will waste her hours for a whisper of her lullaby. Th-thump.

Re: Haru's Lit - Original PG-13

Postby Demetri J Rivers » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:13 am

Lady Haru, you have a splendid writing technique. Judging from your most recent work I think you are creating a sort of series..? I wonder to where you gather your inspiration!

If you have any more to share, even if it's just a short prose you write in on a whim, please stay strong and post on! I love it.
Image ImageImageImage Click there, there, and there!
Tomorrow is today in disguise.

Re: Haru's Lit - Original R

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:41 pm

i have wanted to write a bit of a horror type story for a while now
i hope i can do well in conveying creepy and chilling...
gotta love fall and the coming halloween season

ah idk how long i want this story to be, honestly
it'll be fairly short, no more than a few chapters
idk if it's really horror, though haha well not yet anyway
just setting the scene really in this chapter
it won't be like really graphic, though, but it is mature content
it has violence and suggestive content, be warned!

oh idek know what to name this either
eh i'll think of something eventually

Chapter One: Don't Go in the Basement

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:31 am

i love poetry but i suck at poetry
do you see my problem? seriously

well here, have some two line poems, i guess?
does this even count as poetry? not really? oops

Procrastination
Words flow easier
When not demanded

Devil's Hour
Don't stay up after 3am
The devil will hear your thoughts.

Confession
Aggression can stem from depression
But obsession can lead to possession

Time
Love happens fast
Let it kill you slow

I'm Still Procrastinating
Words written in haste
Are thoughts put to waste

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:50 pm

The Children

Oh weary child
Who sleeps in the fields
Count your breaths as you walk the path back
Find your home tucked in the dust of old
No light of sun reaches your bed
No warmth absorbed by the concrete walls
This is not the life of your grandmother
Or her neighbors, who sleep in the fields

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:28 am

i hope i properly gave off the vibe of the apocalypse cause... that's what i was trying to do lol
but nooooo one ever comments on my lit soooo.... oh well
i love dystopian books, they are like my favourite
so apocalyptic environments fascinate me hehe

still working on chapter two of my little horror short story
gotta finish it before Halloween because i purposely wanted to make it for the spooky season ^^
but for now i created another little short story
just cause the idea suddenly popped in my head c:
also so spooky, 2spooky4you guys
pfft just kidding

-------------------

Her frail figure somehow manages to climb the old, withered tree in front of the young boy's house. When she gets to the end of the branch that distantly reaches his window, she leans over carefully and looks inside. The lights are off but there is a night light by the door, just barely filling the room with enough glow that she can make out his figure fussing about with a bag at the bed. His back is turned from the window so he doesn't notice she is there. Extending her small hand while gripping the branch tightly, she lightly knocks on the window. The boy jumps at the sound and quickly turns around. His shoulders relax as he sees it is her. She smiles and waves. He turns to his bag and then back at her then lifts one finger, expressing that he will be out in one minute. After stuffing a few more objects spread out on his bed into the bag, he closes it and throws it over onto his back. He quietly walks to the window and opens it.

"You're early" he whispers.

"I was anxious for tonight" she whispers back, still smiling.

She is quite small, smaller than he is, despite being a year older than the boy, who is nine years old. Her hair is dirty blonde, tied up in a quick ponytail, with her bangs messy and slanted across her forehead. A few strands peak out behind her ears. She is wearing a red and white sun dress with white frilled socks tucked into worn out white sneakers. Over the dress hangs a black hoodie, unzipped despite the cold air.

"How can you be wearing that in the middle of fall? Do you want one of my jackets?" the boy says softly, slight worry on his face.

"I'll be fine, I can't even feel the cold." She giggles and leans back, more steady on the branch.

He frowns but nods and lifts the window all the way open. Turning his head to the door, he pauses waiting for a sound. When none responds, he turns back to the window and swings his leg over. He swings the other so he is sitting on the sill. Taking a deep breath, he lifts himself up and crouches on the edge of the window, feet below him now, in a stance ready to pounce. With all his courage, he leaps over and grabs the branch. He gasps as he just barely makes it. The girl lifts him up onto the branch. They then slowly make their way down to the cold ground. The boy shivers but she grabs his arm and they sprint down the street.

The night is late, almost silent with only the muffled sounds of cars buzzing on the distant highway. In this old suburb, however, no cars are active and all the lights are out. The breeze picks up, throwing leaves across the street and past houses. The boy shivers and crosses his arms, trying to stay warm. On the other hand, the girl is full of energy, running hard with her dress flowing around her, seemingly immune to the cold.

She leads him to an empty lot a few blocks down. The grass is dead and overgrown, with a large rectangular dirt patch in the middle. Scraps of wood are in piles and spread around this area. Many years ago, a large home was demolished but no new building ever replaced it. In the far corner, partially hidden under a dead willow tree, there is a small garage. The wood that held it together is weather worn and brittle. The windows are dirt covered but one could make out the shadows of various boxes and objects piled high inside. The side door gave a little struggle for the girl but finally opened. Before stepping inside himself, he peaked behind him. The street was silent and still. Not even the breeze that was going so strongly a moment ago. Everything suddenly had stopped. He takes a breath and a cloud of steam flew across his vision then quickly vanished. He turns back to the garage and sees the girl blocking the entrance.

"Password, please!" She smirked playfully.

"Uh.... Password." He smiles sheepishly but wants shelter from the cold.

"ERRNT! Wrong! Try again. Four words."

The boy sighed and adjusted his stance. "Uh...... May I come in?"

She paused and lifted one hand to her chin. Studying him for a while, she then suddenly broke the silence. "Correct! You are now one of the few lucky people to ever enter my.... humble abode."

Inside the garage, the boy could barely see a thing. The girl closed the door behind him and ran back inside.

"Abode? What's an abode?" He said, looking around. He managed to pick out some of the garage's contents as his vision adjusted to the dark. He saw rusted old tools hanging on the wall. There were many old boxes he couldn't see into but could tell were covered in dust. He tried not to touch anything.

"It means where you reside. Your home."

"But you don't live here. It's an old, broken garage in an abandoned lot. In fact, technically, we are trespassing and if the police found out, we'd be in big trouble."

"Oh such a goody two shoes! It's a good thing you made a friend like me who could show you how to be cool and was oh so nice enough to show you her totally awesome 'abode' that almost no one knows about." She grinned and skipped off towards the back wall of the garage. Here, at her feet, was a door. It was covered in dirt and the rope that opened it was stringing away. She grabbed hold of it, anyway, and pulled. The boy wandered over to her and peaked inside. Pitch darkness greeted him.

"Are we.... going in there?" He said nervously.

"Are you..... scared?" With the last word, she lifted her hands and wiggled her fingers.

"Of course not. This is why we are here right?"

"We're here because I invited you to my 'abode'. This is just the icing on the cake!"

The girl lowered herself into the hole and leapt down. He looked down but saw only darkness.

"C'mon! It's actually not that far a fall. Just bend your knees!"

The boy hesitated for a moment but for whatever reason, followed the girl as he always did. With a gust of air, he jumped down and hit the ground with a thud, falling right on his bottom. She laughed and helped him up. How she could see anything was beyond him. Noticing his lack of vision, she held his wrist and lead him down what seemed liked a hallway. At the end was a door. She opened it but it just revealed a longer hallway. The only difference was this one was lit all along the way. They continued down, turning a few times for a short time. Finally, they reached a dead end. above their heads was a door like the one they entered except this one was inverted, with the rope on the bottom. Presumably, it's to keep people from entering from someplace other than the garage. She pulled the rope and chilly air flooded the hallway. He shivered and looked up to see tree branches and sky.

"Lift me up and then I'll pull you out." She said, snapping his attention back to her.

Following her instruction, he cupped his hands so she could step up. She put her hands on his shoulders causing him to struggle a bit to support her weight. Even so, she manages to grab hold of the door edges and push herself up and out. She then turns back and extends her arm to him. The boy grabs her hand but freezes. He hears a soft sound down the hall, around one of the corners. Scratching. Suddenly full of worry and fear, he yells for her to hurry. The girl lifts him up with a force stronger than he would have imagined and he grips the door edges tightly, pushing himself out of the hole with haste. He rests on his knees and gasps.

"Close the door!"

The girl jumps for a moment then reaches back inside, pulling the door shut tight. She gets up and looks away from him, sighing. She tilts her head to face him and laughs. "Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

He stands up and brushes himself off. "No but I might have heard one. Did you hear that scratching?"

The girl's smile drops immediately from her lips. She stares back at him with dead eyes and stiffens her shoulders. The air seemed to have changed and he felt unnerved by the atmosphere. She then looked different. Her face seemed sharper but he thought it might have just been the shadows striking her in an odd way. Yet, it didn't feel right. She looked older and angry. Why would she even be angry at him? She spoke but her voice seemed deeper than normal.

"Scratching? How pesky. Nobody listens. Nobody does what they are told. This is mine. How disgusting."

Confused, the boy steps back slowly but trips and falls onto his back. She twists her body to face him entirely. When she speaks again, her voice is even lower, approaching a growl.

"You. Do not move. Do not make a sound. Impatient. I wanted more time. But now? Fine."

He wants to jump up and run as far away as possible but his eyes are dead locked on hers. In his peripheral vision, he sees nothing but trees surrounding them. How far had they traveled? It didn't seem like much but now the two were in the center of a large wooded area, isolated and dark. Opening his mouth, his voice catches in his throat. He is paralyzed and silent. The girl walks with heavy steps towards him so that she stands directly over his body The scratching sound is now just behind the door. It sounds desperate. But the boy does not stop looking into the girl's eyes. Tears run down his cheeks as the breeze catches up again. The girl smirks but it seems to twist and distort her face. Leaning in, her body almost stretches to meet his face. She exposes her teeth, which are sharper now. With clawed fingers, the girl grips his shirt, bringing his face just barely apart from hers and speaks. Her voice no longer sounds human.

"Are you.... scared?"

She licks her lips and he finally lets out a scream. Not a soul hears him.

------------------------

i'm bad at endings so if that ending sucked oops D:
also i kind of messed up the tenses a few times
but right now i'm too lazy to fix it... meh
but anyway, what do you guys think? ^^

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:50 am

and because i am a big fan of poetry
ta-da! more sucky poetry

People Are Listening

Are you there? Are you there?
I can hear you breathing
I can see you moving
You seem out of reach
From myself and reality

Can you hear me? Can you hear me?
You can hear their whispers
You can see their hands
It's like I am a ghost
Wandering your dreams now

Are you okay? Are you okay?
They are calling for you
They are reaching for me

I think people are listening through the walls

Re: Haru's Lit - Original R *Scary Stories for October*

Postby Comic Kitten » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:16 pm

Lovely ^_^
Hmm

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:17 pm

thank you <3
c:

Postby Comic Kitten » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:34 pm

No problem, you're a talented writer!
Hmm

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:41 pm

ah that means a lot coming from you, ms published! hehe
i try my best but tend to over criticize my work....
i need to grow and hone my skills so i can one day write a full length novel
i want to be a published author someday, it's a dream of mine >u<

Postby Comic Kitten » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:51 pm

You will definitely reach that goal!!!

My suggestion for you is to join a writing group (hopefully in person if that's available) so you can get constant feedback and be surrounded with like-minded people. That type of environment will do wonders for your writing!
Hmm

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:52 pm

eek how motivational! thank you, CK!! <3

and ah hmm maybe i'll look into that ^^
but i get anxious when people read my work, that's while i feel more at ease doing it online
cause i get all flustered in real life haha

Postby Comic Kitten » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:58 pm

Most writers are nervous to have their work read, and the idea of it being critiqued openly can be terrifying.

But imagine if you wanted to become professional hockey player. You could watch matches on TV and read hockey books, and those could definitely help your skills. You could also go practice by yourself all the time. But if you don't have someone to practice with, how do you know if you're at your full potential?

Being surrounded by other writers not only fuels your motivation, but it also gives you that necessary feedback from multiple sources. And in-person is the very best! And don't fear negative criticism; those writers in the writing group are just as nervous as you, and just as ambitious.
Hmm

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:04 pm

ah yes you are right
i wish i had my work critiqued and got constructive comments....
eh but no one comments in here ^^;
and this is the only place i post my lit work, honestly
but i guess i could try real life groups, i'll see if there is one on campus ^^

Postby Comic Kitten » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:08 am

That is the best place to start!! And most communities have writing groups, you just have to look on facebook and ask around. You'll really benefit from it :mrgreen:
Hmm

Next

Return to Literature