What is your book buying limit?

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

What is your book buying limit?

Postby Jesse11 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Ive often found that i buy books too often and they sit around the house collecting dust.

The question is....is there a minimum ammount of books one would buy per month (generally in the same bookshop)? Or if shopping around is the case with so many bargins these days would it be more auspicable to buy books chosen beforehand (through catalouges,internet word-of-mouth) every weekend.

Im not a great reader and find the books I handle, are more current standing than the classics. I miss out on literature with themes(eg.frankenstien,dracula,gullervours travels) that have a stronger standing than some current tat about nowadays. So it would be a great help if i was pointed at a bookshop which would make do.

thanks Image

Re: What is your book buying limit?

Postby Spoopy Princess » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:24 am

Fuck Kindles. Buy more books. Never stop buying books. You can never have too many.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Whatbutt: She's got enough tea to throw into a harbor and start another revolution.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:42 am

I have two bookshelves full of books ranging from Stephen King to Sigmund Freud. I have never regretted a book purchase I have made and neither should you. Unless you bought that Twilight crap.

Postby Tuor » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:55 am

If you're not a fast reader, you should slow your book buying pace a bit, otherwise you'll wind up with a huge backlog.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Bowman » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:51 am

As a rule I buy approximately 5-6 books per month. But I prefer using e-book, cuz it`s more convenient and not so heavy to take to college ^^

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:51 am

Not the WORST necro I've ever seen, but it's still pretty bad.

Just to keep it on topic, I usually find anything I need to read on my computer. The limit of money I spend on things even relating to a book or book(s) is printing paper and subscription Magazines.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby RedEight » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:45 pm

I think I average about 2 a month; anything from Stephen King to Jared Diamond.
Two men walk into a bar; the third one ducks.

My hubpage short story collections: http://adebussch.hubpages.com/

Return to Literature