Switch to full style
Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.
Post a reply

Scissors writing-start thingy.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:42 pm

My Language Arts teacher asked my class to write something a page long that would be the start of a story, that would cause the reader to have suspense (it was an off day. She didn't feel like doing something that would actually teach us anything.) and I ended up really liking what I did. I might continue it in my free time.

(Don't worry about the mildly teacher-unfriendly language. She never actually reads this stuff, so it's not like it matters.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish this story could start out with a bang. Something that could grab your attention right away. Me kicking some criminal’s butt. Me saving hundreds of passengers on an airplane about to plummet into the ocean. But obviously, this isn’t going to be one of those cases. I’m no Indiana Jones. I’m no Tyler Durden. If I told you I had beginnings as an interesting person, that would be a lie. However, unlike your average loser-turned-hero, I haven’t been a loser all of my life. And that’s not my fault. I’m no Spiderman. I’m no Hero of Time. I became a loser because of one freaking person. The she-jerk. I hate her so much… If I had any choice at all, I’d choose to be nearly anyone else in this stupid school. A jock. A nerd. Even perhaps a TEACHER. Because honestly, I think that everyone else in Robinson high is better off than me. But of course…most of us have dull, crappy beginnings. I’m average, the kind of guy who you’d never even notice in a room full of people. The one with no future. I’m no genius. I’m no athlete. I don’t even have any talents, as far as I’m aware. I’m the kid no one wants to hang out with. I’m not hideous, but I sure ain’t handsome. I’m the kind of guy you ignore, because if you don’t, everyone will think that we’re friends. You don’t want them to think that. If you’re not already in a similar situation, imagine what that’s like for a freshman-barely-out-of-middle-school kid. I guess I should explain more in depth why everyone’s deciding to be douchebags to me…see, I’m NOT a born loser. I was MADE this way. It’s ‘cuz of the crud-queen. HER. “She who must not be named”. She’s your standard rave Barbie doll. Hair that changes color more often that her mood changes, kandi all over the frickin’ place, and those green eyes that can’t possibly be anything but color contacts. I mean, honestly. Come on. Well, I guess at least she’s not one of those aberzombie Hollister whores. She ruined my LIFE and ever since she moved here my life has been nothing but a living hell. If solitary confinement can be called hell. Her name is Jenny Rivers, and of course I somehow HAD to catch her attention and piss her off. I swear, she’s like the reincarnation of Hitler’s wife or something. I suppose things could be much worse. I could be getting harassed for having oily greasy hair, or acne and pimples, or being a hipster. At least it seems I’m getting mocked for…no apparent reason. My name is Trent Monroe. This is how I saved all of your fricking lives with five minutes to spare.

Re: Scissors writing-start thingy.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Wow me likes. I really hope you do try to continue.
Also this kind of reminds me of my school years... :?

Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:40 am

Thanks Baffled! I've been working on continuing it a bit more, but I'm trying to make it into a graphic novel thingy.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:55 am

Well good luck with it. I'm sure something good will come out of it.
BTW graphic novel? That's like a comic right? You going to draw yourself or ask an artist?

Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:38 pm

Draw it myself. And yeah, graphic novel=comic. It's basically the same thing, except a graphic novel is a comic in book form.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:07 am

I get the feeling of a Harry Potter thingy in the stuff. Great hope you continue it... :D

"She who must not be named" haha this made me laugh... lol

Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:59 pm

Sounds like a fun time... But how can you make a male protagonist who is shunned by the ignorant classmates he helps save and not be a fan of Invader Zim? >:/

Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:14 am

Duke of MaskS wrote:I get the feeling of a Harry Potter thingy in the stuff. Great hope you continue it... :D

"She who must not be named" haha this made me laugh... lol

Thanks! And I've actually been working on making pages of this, and I will probably post them in the art section eventually.

Innocence Abandoned wrote:Sounds like a fun time... But how can you make a male protagonist who is shunned by the ignorant classmates he helps save and not be a fan of Invader Zim? >:/

It's the humor in Invader Zim that irritates me at times. You can only handle so much "doom" and "piggies". Eventually, just the mention of the show makes you feel sick.
Post a reply